Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

it sucks rear end

a comedy without comedy and satire without satire

its depictions of the female trump, elon jobs, and the various other characters are toothless

it's not even so bad that it would be entertaining, it's just boring

it's basically an adam sandler movie without adam sandler

i can't understand how they have managed to make a movie about the end of the world so boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
OP I hadn't heard of this movie till today everyone was talking about it

Thank u for your service I will avoid it

Any suggestions for movies I should watch?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Jokes on you I'm gonna watch it now

:berninator:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I looked up, sorry op.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
It's fine I guess but no comedy should be 2.5 hours long.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

it's so insanely heavy handed with the metaphors and it comes off like the absolute worst of liberal woke hollywood

seems like a movie that everyone made because they heard that everyone else was in it

arianna grande needs to never be cast to act ever again, she's loving horrible

I didn't need to see meryl streep's cellulite rear end

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

dev286 posted:

OP I hadn't heard of this movie till today everyone was talking about it

Thank u for your service I will avoid it

Any suggestions for movies I should watch?

yeah it has big bird box energy

the last good netflix film i watched was red notice, it's entertaining schlock

or if you want to watch classic cinema, watch predator, alien or the thing

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
if you didnt laugh when the guy yelled "im gonna do an 8 ball" at the end your a daft person.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Pimpcasso posted:

Jokes on you I'm gonna watch it now

:berninator:

you have been warned

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I looked up, sorry op.

i feel for your loss

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm going to watch it to spite your rear end

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Preoptopus posted:

if you didnt laugh when the guy yelled "im gonna do an 8 ball" at the end your a daft person.

a high schooler could have wrote that line dude

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I thought it was funny. Chalamet introducing himself just minutes before the apocalypse as "Hey I'm Yule, I'm on Twitch do you game?" was a funny line.

That and just clowning on Trump for two hours is always great. And then the message that normal rational people just can't compete with the self-destructive nature of republicans is also a fine message.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

BigHead posted:

I thought it was funny. Chalamet introducing himself just minutes before the apocalypse as "Hey I'm Yule, I'm on Twitch do you game?" was a funny line.

That and just clowning on Trump for two hours is always great.

there's this great show called SNL you should watch

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

AHH F/UGH posted:

there's this great show called SNL you should watch

I watched that sketch where the fabulously gay dude plays the fabulously gay ice berg that sunk the Titanic, it was pretty funny too.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

BigHead posted:

That and just clowning on Trump for two hours is always great.

it didn't "clown on trump"

it pulled its punches

if meryl streep had quoted real stuff that trump has said it would have done a better job

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
it was good, actually

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i watched the trailer and i feel like i got the joke but i dont need to watch it for 2 hours

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i wasn't gonna. don't worry

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I'm so much more of a contrarian than the contrarians here that I've horseshoed back around and am gonna watch it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

AHH F/UGH posted:

wait

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Yeah, it was pretty good and the ending made me feel tight in the chest because it reminded me that this is all going to happen in our real world just at a snails pace.

Then just ignore Adam McKays tweet about how were going to tech our way out of this problem. Like, did you watch your own movie?

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I hated this movie! I dont know why they had a random dwarf in a red raincoat kill the protagonist at the end. Very confusing. Cinema fail!

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

AHH F/UGH posted:

Got my 1995 wish, monkey's paw style.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I hate famous people. Is this a good movie to watch tia

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

AHH F/UGH posted:

it's so insanely heavy handed with the metaphors and it comes off like the absolute worst of liberal woke hollywood

If this movie was really woke, the Trump-like president would not be a woman. It shows that once again, Hollywood refuses to actually criticize white men.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It cant be worse than Mars Attacks, can it? :thunk:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

It can’t be worse than Mars Attacks, can it? :thunk:

Mars Attacks is good my man.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

It cant be worse than Mars Attacks, can it? :thunk:

drat, this was a good one, you almost had me

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

It got a few good laughs out of me, tbh honestly better than a lot of the crap on Netflix so Id say if youve got an evening to waste, go for it. Clearly OP is a climate change denier so just go ahead and ignore his opinion on anything

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Is it Meryl Streep's whole rear end?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

ngl I though the Elon Musk proxy was funny, although I assumed it was Zuckerberg from the whole phone connection. Could've been either of them with whole mining precious metals > human life thing, although Musk would naturally be a better fit with developing a submarine while actual human beings just went ahead and saved those people who were trapped, or ultra high tech "ventilators" that actually weren't. Still amuses me, that.

The funniest part though was thinking about how many of those 6 months would basically play out the same in real life. I mean if Fauci was an astronomer and popped up on TV and said that a comet was coming to wipe us out I'm sure the reaction would be broadly the same, at least for the first month or so, and for some right up until the point they could feel the searing heat of the comet bearing down on them.

if you think this film was too on the nose with the President stuff, perhaps you've forgotten about the past 4 years. If you did, congratulations.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
I never know what to think about these threads because you all hate everything I swear to Jah

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i saw someone describe it as a "two hour snl sketch" which actually sounds like a form of torture

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Durzel posted:

The funniest part though was thinking about how many of those 6 months would basically play out the same in real life. I mean if Fauci was an astronomer and popped up on TV and said that a comet was coming to wipe us out I'm sure the reaction would be broadly the same, at least for the first month or so, and for some right up until the point they could feel the searing heat of the comet bearing down on them.

reality did play out the exact same way, except it was over like sixty years and we're all currently waiting for the president and Bilelon Zuckerbezos to come back from the restroom.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
also, don't listen to that other guy, DO cross the streams

ALWAYS cross the stremas!!!!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

kntfkr posted:

no, it's a stunt rear end

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

kntfkr posted:

let me save you the suspense of seeing the cellulite rear end that may or may not be a body double

:nws:
https://i.gyazo.com/02996f731d2963f8903d1a95befc3b88.png
https://i.gyazo.com/e545026ef2b05a266940a8691795baf9.png
:nws:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

The Scientist posted:

I never know what to think about these threads because you all hate everything I swear to Jah

the premise is that mindy kaling and a humor AI write a political farce about a comet hitting america with the tongue in cheek solution being the title of the movie, IE "Don't Look Up" and it's got an ensemble cast and probably chris pratt is in it. is he? who can say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
That's a fine rear end. Aged. :tutbutt: