Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
my dad would say poo poo like "when's the last time you checked your oil?" and only buy booze that came in giant plastic containers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

mine are alive still owned

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

my mom liked to eat Cheez-Its and read detective novels

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
my dad liked star wars and died before the prequels so all in all he got lucky

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I don't know if my dad is dead but I sure hope he is. Things he would do would drink and be abusive. I don't really remember anything else lol

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Sid Vicious posted:

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
"could you put these 30 ringtones on my phone"

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
smoked a poo poo ton of cigarettes and drank enormous amounts of coffee

also bickered a lot

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
my dad would win all kinds of stupid bullshit at the bar from getting his name drawn at random but i suspect he just spent a poo poo ton of money there so they just gave him various singing fish out of pity

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Be wonderful, but also a bit of a pain in my rear end.

Miss ya mom.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Mom: be passive aggressive and alienate everyone she knows for some unknown reason.

Dad: be the best loving dad ever while maybe not always making the best choices for himself. I wish I could watch my kids play catch with my dad. :(

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Mine are still alive and will be for a while inshah'allah

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I don't know if they're dead or alive, my parents exist in a quantum state.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
SEX!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
my mom helped figure out how mRNA works and is still alive

my dad investigated a lot of fatalities and is still alive

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Sid Vicious posted:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Emotionally manipulative for one and distant for the other. Still at it lol

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

hotdog feet posted:

only buy booze that came in giant plastic containers

My dad buys Lambrini which is a horrible sparkling wine thing for teenagers but its like £1.50 for 75cl and low cost outweighs quality for my dad.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
breathing and moving around

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

they had s*x

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ChubbyChecker posted:

they had s*x

Six what?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Sox

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Sid Vicious posted:

edit: hell yeah, someone added emoji and text to my avatar

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

My mom likes kitch and her pug dog and is thankfully computer illiterate because she’s the worst kind of gullible and would probably be down some rabbit hole if she knew how to be on the internet

My dad is the avatar of boring and keeps an exact diary of every single day which is something I hope to carry on after he is gone so some distant ancestor can look up exactly how much rain my town received on June 8th 1996 if they want to.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
Talked a lot of poo poo, op

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mostly just bitching. Bitching he didn't register wallstreet.com. Bitching he didn't buy bitcoin before it blew up. Sometimes he'd watch youtube videos about aliens and time travel. I'm glad he's dead.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Even though I’m pretty old, they’re both still alive, although my dad is in the early bit of Alzheimers where he forgets a lot of words. My dad’s favourite pastime was opining: he couldn’t see a task performed without having an opinion on how it could have been done better regardless of his own experience in the subject at hand. He was also what we refer to as a ‘wind-up merchant’, that is to say, a joker who lived to get a rise out of people.

Where be your gibes now, your gambols, your songs, your flashes of merriment that were wont to set the table on a roar?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

my mom helped figure out how mRNA works and is still alive

Really? That’s cool as hell, your mom owns.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

My wife's dad was a cocaine dealer and serial cheater that was absent during important parts of her teenage years. He died of diabetes a year before I met her; it's too bad he sounded pretty cool.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

both of my parents are alive #winning #swag

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
He worked 5 on 5 off

We stayed up and watched The Hound of the Baskervilles, the 1982 version with Tom Baker. Then some documentary about train rail guages or something. I just didn't want to go to bed that night. I slept through him leaving. Im sure he would have come to my room and kissed me good bye.

5 weeks later, on the way home. he was dead.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Mine are still alive and in better shape than I am.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
The 1988 BBC version of The Hound... is far better.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

my dad liked to drink and smoke and the outdoors and he made a disparaging comment about my older sisters sexuality the last time I saw him alive

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
my dad and i used to hang out and watch horror movies when i was as young as 4 years old and when his alcoholism got bad, he would just rent a stack of movies for me to watch while my mom was at work so he could go drink. this was when i was like 6ish years old and I'm surprised this pattern of neglect and violent media didn't completely gently caress me up

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Mom: be passive aggressive and alienate everyone she knows for some unknown reason.

Dad: be the best loving dad ever while maybe not always making the best choices for himself. I wish I could watch my kids play catch with my dad. :(

If only he had been cremated, your wish could come true.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Sid Vicious posted:

:respek:

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Last thing my dad did was watch an episode of G.I. Joe in 1986 - the part where they were diving for heavy water in the ocean as part of a secret weapon. He died that night of a heart attack.

I once had to stop my mom from cleaning the wooden kitchen table with Oven Off. She though she had Pledge, but she wasn't that observant at times. She died a few years ago of fungal pneumonia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Ive bared through people with fat parents chat and I have said nothing.

If we are now elevating and praising people with living or dead parents...

No, This is not my left.