Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

When you’re so poor all you have is the sea, you learn how to tame it. So it had been for generations. The sea would provide food; sometimes it would take men in payment. During harder times, when too many men got lost over too little food, the sea would also provide... other things. Tobacco and alcohol were the most appreciated - they would silently cross by, hopping from boats to trucks, hidden under fish loads. Destiny unknown, and uncared for. It was a secret everyone knew, but none would tell. After all, it kept mouths fed, children clothed. No harm done, right?

And it worked. For a good long time, at least. But gradually, mouths became more numerous, fish grew even more scarce. The old shady businesses barely managed to stay afloat, and they didn’t like that. You can rule over a town, but if you have nothing to show for it, what good does it even do?

Some of them had a new idea – a new business. A dangerous one, sure. But if you could only convince a few people to help...

---------

Welcome to Death Coast! This is a game of Mafia, and in case you can't tell, it is also my first game of Mafia. I do have Maerlyn and Grandicap as top-notch helpers and co-mods sanity checking my ideas, but even then, please mind that you might run into unpolished or unbalanced things. I assume full responsability for that.

This is a game for 13 players. While I have tried my best to give everyone something to do, you may end up being vanilla or vanilla adjacent!

This game has a sliding deadline - nights will be 24h long from hammer and days will begin inmediately after nights end, with the deadline being 48/72h based on the previous day hammer. I am open to setting up a starting D1 deadline that works for everyone, so if you are not on EST, please note your timezone on sign-up. I cannot guarantee it will 100% accomodate everyone, depending on where you are you may get some odd hour like 10 am or 6 pm, but I'd like to avoid anyone starting with a middle of the night deadline. Hammers will accomodate it anyway, so early hammering is not only expected but encouraged.

General mafia rules apply. Days are at a maximum 48h long, going up to 72h if they span a weekend. Days end at hammer and threads will be closed at night. You can post during twilight (after hammer and before thread closes) but no game-related talk is allowed in that time, and those posts will not count towards day postcount.

Please, do not lurk. The lurker threshold will be 10 posts per game day, with the requisite being halved for hammers that happen at 12h to deadline or earlier, and eliminated if 24h to deadline or earlier. I am not going to be draconian with posting requisites, either - if something is keeping you from posting and we can accomodate it, just tell us. First time is a warning, second one is a modkill.

Do not edit your posts. If there is a big reason you need to do so, tell me first.

Do not directly quote private communications. Copying and pasting any kind OOT comms into thread is not allowed. Neither is copying and pasting any kind of mod communication, including your PM, either in thread or in any possible OOT communication channels. This rule will be enforced, and infringing it will result in a modkill.

Do not fake day actions. If you have been affected by a day action, please wait for it to resolve before posting.

Don't be an rear end to people. You don't have to be all nice and friendly all the time, but if things get too heated, please disconnect, calm down and come back later. Again, mod team is here to ensure everyone has fun, but I'd particularly not like needing to tell posters to chill. Be mindful of the person at the other side of the screen!

Game features no alignment changes. Not that I'd want to walk into that garden as a first-timer, but just in case.

We will use Discord. Link is here, please join.

Game will start after sign-ups fill, but in any case, not before the current Cookfia game ends.

Player list:

1. Akay (She/Her) - Replaced by Mr. Humalong (w/e) N1
  2. b-minus1
  3. Deadmeat5150
  4. gay for gacha
  5. girl dick energy (She/Her)
  6. Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
  7. hambeet (he/him)
  8. Ignatius M. Meen
  9. Opopanax (He/him/opop)
  10. PlasticAutomaton (He/Him/Whatever)
  11. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  12. Tobbs Gnawed
  13. Yami Fenrir

Votecount:

As of today, the Votefinder cert is still expired, so the image above will probably not display correctly. If you do want to check votecount, you can use this LINK.

Opopanax (Town-aligned vanilla) left town D1 and became a stump.
Mr. Humalong (replacing Akay - Town-aligned Motivator) died N1.
B-minus 1 (Town-aligned Paranoid) left town D2.
Hambeet (Town-aligned Watcher) left town N2.
Gay for Gacha (Town-aligned Silencer) was sacked from office D3.
Hal Incandenza (Town-aligned vanilla) died N3.
Ignatius M. Meen (Town-aligned Messenger) was relocated D4.

Game has ended in a SCUM Victory!

Shellception fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I said I was gonna go on a break, but I'm too much of a bleeding heart towards new-ish mods...

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Of course.

Sandwolf fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 21, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
New mod and a small game sounds like a great excuse for a dramatic return.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SURE

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
OKAY

##vote hambeet

Every time I try to turbo him he's scum so here we are.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i am rekt

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:cool: small game yeah

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Yes please

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
bee is scum too but we should dunk him tomorrow to be polite

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I always want to support someone's first mafia modding game so count me in

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

girl dick energy posted:

New mod and a small game sounds like a great excuse for a dramatic return.

Welcome back... whomever you are...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Insandenza posted:

Welcome back... whomever you are...

Pmush!!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Filling up fast :) I'm a little sad I can't play in this one, Shell's got some cool things planned. I'm here as the possible nighttime helper since the action always goes down when Shell is sleeping :xd:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Maerlyn posted:

Filling up fast :) I'm a little sad I can't play in this one, Shell's got some cool things planned. I'm here as the possible nighttime helper since the action always goes down when Shell is sleeping :xd:

Hah, I hope it all works but I am completely expecting things to go off the rails at some point! Also don't expect too much of a complex thing, please, I'm still a mod in training, lol.

Maer (and Grandi should he need or want to step in) have full mod powers this game, too. Mostly so Euro nighttime events can be handled promptly, but also they've been a great help in the whole design process!

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

In on Shell's first game!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Me!!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Of course I'll be in this.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm off my mafia break and back to shitpost.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

We are short just one now! This filled up faster than I expected, lol.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sign me up for two roles.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’ll try

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Hey peeps, game is full and will be starting soon-ish so if you haven't already make sure you've joined the discord: Click here

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Maerlyn posted:

Hey peeps, game is full and will be starting soon-ish so if you haven't already make sure you've joined the discord: Click here

Oh cool I haven't been scum for a few games this will be fun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote Tobbs

Scum claim.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
gently caress it ok

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh huma grabbed it.
Ok I'll obs

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

girl dick energy posted:

##vote Tobbs

Scum claim.

gdi caught

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Oh huma grabbed it.
Ok I'll obs

This guy can have my spot, I would happy to observe if you want in deadmeat!

Or maybe it is too late and you already know the whole setup

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

This guy can have my spot, I would happy to observe if you want in deadmeat!

Or maybe it is too late and you already know the whole setup

Dead is in for Hum already, Hum will stay as a replacement. Neither are spoiled (nor anyone else because PMs are still in the making :sweatdrop:)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Game will start on Wednesday 23th February, at 4 pm CST (America)/11 pm CET (Euro)/9 am AEDT (Australia). Deadline for D1 will be 48h from there.

We have tried to accomodate everyone, so deadline will have people be at least awake. But please be mindful of it, it is not a standard time. Hammers will hopefully accomodate it in sucesive game days.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Another day, and with the daily fog rising came the bad news. Last night, those living closer to the more rocky part of the coast, way north of the town, where there are almost no lights and the octopii play hide among the rocks, were awaken by a loud crashing noise. Those who ran to help found an motorboat almost split in two by the impact, an unconscious man left to die, and nobody else. Town gossip circles shortly confirmed what everyone already knew – another deal gone badly. Night drug runs did not always end well – sometimes the fog would disguise the rocks into shadows, speed turning them into a mortal trap, or the crew would fight for their share. Whatever it was, it didn’t even matter, because yet again, someone’s kid was to fight for their life in a hospital bed.

The air was a bit colder that morning, the winter chill more biting. Something was going to happen. Too many kids had gotten hurt or killed as of late. Drugs were behind it, everyone knew it – nobody risked so much for some stupid counterfeit tobacco packs. And when towns get nervous, gossip circles get on fire, bad looks spring among neighbors, and someone always ends up paying...

It is now Day 1. Deadline is February, 25th at 4 pm CST (America)/11 pm CET (Euro) and February 26th 9 am AEDT (Australia)

CLICK HERE FOR VOTECOUNT IF THE IMAGE DOES NOT LOAD

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

TECHNICAL NOTE

While votefinder's cert is still expired, you can do a couple things to visit the web:

Firefox: Open a private window, visit https://votefinder.org and click "Advanced/Accept and continue to site". You CANNOT do this on normal mode, it will not let you accept the expired cert. Once you do that, open thread in a private tab without closing the first one, and the image will load.

Chrome/Edge: Go to https://votefinder.org, accept the warnings and continue to site. Images will load after that.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
:2bong:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote b-minus

Stole my chance to first post.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
2slow

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hello

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

hashtag hashtag vig b-minus

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jk they didnt give me a gun they didnt give me anything

dont get ideas kid

i am composed of nothing but ideas you pig gently caress

I've been awake for twenty six hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

girl dick energy posted:

hashtag hashtag vig b-minus

Getting right into it, I like you already.