Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Just a thread to share tales from the dark side, gamgs, crime lifestyle and prison facts.

FACT:
If you go to jail and get a double yolker egg they count it as two eggs and make you share it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Jail therapists get really awkward when you mention feeling sad about draconian conditions / rats/ cop abuse and then are like haha yeah uhhhh but besides that, how's life?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was in a gamg once. their egg stance was if you cracked em you ate em. not a soul dared to crack their eggs in a bowl without making an omelette or sunny side up. darkest time in my life except for all the nintendo jokes my mom kept telling me

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I did some residential burglary in the early 90s during a particularly terrible period of my life and you would be surprised how many homes I broke into that had literal skeletons in their closet

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

There were so few white people in my jail in America that me not joining either of the "gangs" for whites in jail caused them serious logistical problems re: membership numbers

Lol most of the swastika types just hung out with guards or the sheriff / deputy types (the more stars you have, the more likely you are first name basis with the Aryan gang types it seems)

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

They'll poison your entire block, deny your complaint about it on procedural grounds, and then threaten you with inciting a riot if you mention how many people got sick from the food in your complaint

Also the guards are responsible for getting you and authorizing complaints to begin with so yes, they are their own oversight committee, and yes, it works as well as it sounds

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
From my point of view it's the Jedi who are evil :twisted:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
In jail, if you drop the soap in the shower, all the other prisoners point and laugh at you for being so clumsy.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i kept all my cash in my mattress but they burnt all the mattresses in a riot :(

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I made one of the aryans mad because he was using an obscure old local racist term for a black person, and the literal child he was making GBS threads on(like 18) year old didn't even understand what was going on, so I made fun of the Aryan for being a failed racist using old terms that the dude didn't even get

He was really wideyed over it lmao. Also I wouldn't have even known what it meant but I have a really good memory and I remember a news article about , lol, a local cop using the same word at a pro baseball player(on the local team even) during a game and me learning it from that.

I barely remember the kid but looking at Aryan guys shocked scrunched up face at a "fellow white" making fun of his racist efforts was really amusing and I won't forget it

Worf fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 15, 2022

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nigmaetcetera posted:

In jail, if you drop the soap in the shower, all the other prisoners point and laugh at you for being so clumsy.

This is extremely accurate tbh.

Whatever you ppl think jail showers are like, they aren't. More of the funnier things in jail happen as a result of them, imo

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Replace “black person” with Bajoran and Aryans with Cardassians and then I’ll believe your post. :colbert:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Worf posted:

This is extremely accurate tbh.

Whatever you ppl think jail showers are like, they aren't. More of the funnier things in jail happen as a result of them, imo

I knew it!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Space Kablooey posted:

i kept all my cash in my mattress but they burnt all the mattresses in a riot :(

This also resonates as true except cash would be drugs or candy or nude photos

Most of the jail fires I witnessed were for smoking drugs and not riots tho

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

LuckyCat posted:

Replace “black person” with Bajoran and Aryans with Cardassians and then I’ll believe your post. :colbert:

No because systemic racism is true and real and white ppl even have it way easier in jail

Also, Dukat was helping those Bajorans, and, they should be grateful

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Oh yah I did tell a story about nichelle Nichols in jail, and how she met MLK at a party and he told her to not quit star trek

Other than reading a bad star trek book in there, that's my jail star trek tie in I think

E: it was 2 bad star trek books now that I think of it, but one was so bad I didn't read it. It also happened to be the only other trek book I ever read in my life, back in my sxhools library in the 90s lmao

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

My state, in America, which I live in, spelled that state incorrectly on my jail ID. Among other typos and one mutually exclusive set of instructions about simultaneously never not having your ID on you, but also that it was illegal if it left your cell

It's the only thing I smuggled OUT of jail because not spelling the name right was ridiculous, and also I was the only person that had noticed among guards or inmates that had been there for years lol

E: another funny jail fact: reminding guards they've been there longer than you and will be there after you're gone is very amusing and has about a 80% trigger rate

Worf fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 15, 2022

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

My block had some enterprising showmen and we had a nightly jeopardy game for about 3 weeks. It's really funny because jail jeopardy has the "correct" answers decided on by consensus lol

I had a pretty good personal library of almanacs and cross language dictionaries / encyclopedias etc and would frequently just shake my head at the poo poo people would agree was the right answer on stuff

"GUNS N DRUGS FOR THREE HUNNED?"

There was a multi night debate about the amount of grams in a kilogram

They decided on 1008

Jail debates are rarely a thing to stick yourself in the middle of, but I was called an idiot for asking if they also thought a km had 1008 meters :(

The kilo means thousand crew was drowned out by the crew using algebra poorly to convert units over from ounces to figure it out

Worf fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 15, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
there was a guy in my block that got both his arms and legs broken

he looked like a gently caress'n pretzel

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i smuggled an egg into jail up my bum but i accidentally incubated it and it hatched and then it flew away and also did a bird poop on the prison guard (who was a real jerk who deseerved it!!)

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Somebody once posted that there are plenty of good cops, but every single correctional officer, down to the last man is an inhuman sadist. Is that fair, Worf?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Some wannabe Aryan street urchin / what you assume an internet tough guy is like irl / tried to light up the block with his 19 year old wisdom and threats and managed to be so noodly all the aryans would make fun of him instead of the minorities he tried to pick fights with

He asked the big boy Aryan for help in fighting off the loudmouths making fun of him from across the block / through the cell doors, not realizing that same guy had been the loudest one mocking him

Some days I miss the simplicity

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Somebody once posted that there are plenty of good cops, but every single correctional officer, down to the last man is an inhuman sadist. Is that fair, Worf?

Not the part about cops but the prison guard part seems accurate in my experience

Human rights// whatever rights people think exist in America, largely don't, and prisons employ the literal dumbest people I have ever met

They'll deny you food, they'll shut off your water, take your clothes, throw your belongings (including sneakers etc, things not easy for all inmates to get) in the trash

They're literally their own oversight and have the ability to deny complaints inmates want to file against them, as I said. And I don't mean like, say the grievance is failed, I mean they don't let you file it to begin with because "they disagree " lol

Worf fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 15, 2022

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I saw this o e show about jail and there was a fat kid who went to jail but i dont remember why but everyone beat him up so he asked them to send him to solitary and the guards were all like "duuuude you dont want that its better to just keep getting beat up, and if we do put you in solitary and then you want out they are gonna beat you up like twice as hard" byt the kid was all "no i want to go to solitary so theybstop beating me up" but then it was way worse being stuck in a tiny cell all alone for 23 hours a day and he aksed to go back and then eberyone in the whole cell block knew he was a huge bitch and he was sad lol

Anyways thats my prison story

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Worf posted:

Not the part about cops but the prison guard part seems accurate in my experience

Human rights// whatever rights people think exist in America, largely don't, and prisons employ the literal dumbest people I have ever met

They'll deny you food, they'll shut off your water, take your clothes, throw your belongings (including sneakers etc, things not easy for all inmates to get) in the trash

They're literally their own oversight and have the ability to deny complaints inmates want to file against them, as I said. And I don't mean like, say the grievance is failed, I mean they don't let you file it to begin with because "they disagree " lol

I’m happy you haven’t given me any reason to change my mind about my dislike of cops and co’s.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nooner posted:

I saw this o e show about jail and there was a fat kid who went to jail but i dont remember why but everyone beat him up so he asked them to send him to solitary and the guards were all like "duuuude you dont want that its better to just keep getting beat up, and if we do put you in solitary and then you want out they are gonna beat you up like twice as hard" byt the kid was all "no i want to go to solitary so theybstop beating me up" but then it was way worse being stuck in a tiny cell all alone for 23 hours a day and he aksed to go back and then eberyone in the whole cell block knew he was a huge bitch and he was sad lol

Anyways thats my prison story

This probably happens every other minute in every jail, and the whole block already knew. 100% of people that shipped out of the block you could see it coming a mile away.

The would be Aryan that asked his own tormenter to stop his tormenter didn't last long. He followed a black guy (very popular and nice, even the racists liked him) into his cell and tried to fight him

It's the only time I seen blood spatter on walls like CSI or whatever, and nobody saw Aryan acolyte again, and yes, his white brethren cheered when he got medevaccd out

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Yep, I'm a real bad guy who does crimes. I definitely don't drive the speed limit when no one else is around.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I’m happy you haven’t given me any reason to change my mind about my dislike of cops and co’s.

Prison is a learning experience because it shows you what happens when you militaristically organize people too stupid to be cops and issue them Casio gshocks instead of service guns

What I'm saying is that there's a dumber, meaner version of cops and that's COs

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Before I escaped the cartel I was part of the Hermanos de Huevos, big players in the illegal nog trade

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When I was in jail many inmates insisted on watching Pawn Stars on the tv, it was terrible, unless Tanked was on. Those fish trivia questions are hard though.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Mr. Meagles posted:

Before I escaped the cartel I was part of the Hermanos de Huevos, big players in the illegal nog trade

Nog,like his father, is without honor

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
When I was in ADX Florence they took my BIC 4 colour retractable pen and replaced the green red and blue inks with black inks.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
If you close your eyes and hold your breathe the words of a judge in a admiralty court under a gold fringed flag do not apply.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Greg of Doom posted:

When I was in ADX Florence they took my BIC 4 colour retractable pen and replaced the green red and blue inks with black inks.

We were explicitly forbidden to send or receive mail in anything but black or blue pen lol

Also no drawings just words

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
On your first day in prison, scope out the biggest toughest looking dude in there. During breakfast go right over to him and suck the hell out of his dick.

Everyone will throw their scrambled eggs at you, and you can feast.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

On your first day in prison, scope out the biggest toughest looking dude in there. During breakfast go right over to him and suck the hell out of his dick.

Everyone will throw their scrambled eggs at you, and you can feast.

First day hazings breakfasts are always the most fun

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Worf posted:

We were explicitly forbidden to send or receive mail in anything but black or blue pen lol

Also no drawings just words

How do you make it known in jail that you’re in there for growing 100 kg of magic mushrooms (or whatever benign crime) an that you’re not a chomo or a cannibal or something? Do other inmates try to sus it out or do they just ask you upfront?

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

One time my friend took a dump in this guy's driveway and was sure to leave an obvious wad of toilet paper so, as he put it, "they'd know it wasn't a dog"

I am like 80% sure that was a crime.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Just pay bail and show up to court as a white male in khakis with a button down tucked in and call the judge "your honor" and you'll get away with anything.

Worked for me. Twice. Death to America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nigmaetcetera posted:

How do you make it known in jail that you’re in there for growing 100 kg of magic mushrooms (or whatever benign crime) an that you’re not a chomo or a cannibal or something? Do other inmates try to sus it out or do they just ask you upfront?

In my case being white, the Aryan gang leaders call you into their office and interrogate/ recruit you

Jail is also massively segregated in every and any way they think it'll benefit the establishment. Cops, sex criminals (even prior ones) and those types would be on different blocks than I was.

If you're crip affiliated you go in a different block vs blood affiliated etc.

I was in the high profile/ max security block and one of the few people without at least one murder charge or facing life really, and that made the block more interesting than some, I guess

It was kinda funny seeing older gangsters get mad at literal young bloods for listening to crip rappers though, meanwhile the younger ones were like uhhhhh idgaf, stfu while I decorate my cell like a dorm and giggle all night

E: also lol if u even qualified for bail, honestly