Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
The first time I came here, I think it was about 2006, and there was this hilarious topic where a goon had a giant wasps nest on his swing set and lit a huge fire under it to destroy it. Does anyone else remember that?

I was instantly addicted to this websight and have never looked back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Around 2000 a teacher caught me watching a JeffK animation, right at the point where he installs Linux and his penis begins to grow to ludicrous proportions.

edit: that's not a thread. I can't remember an exact thread, but there was a trend of posting "just got a digital camera tell me what to take pictures of" threads when point and shoot digital cameras became affordable.

for fucks sake fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 18, 2022

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
the most memorable was a fyad thread roasting a TCC/BYOB poster going through an emotional episode

Good Posting

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

I've been lurking since like 1999 and I don't remember the first thing I saw, but weekend web was what made me stick around.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

for fucks sake posted:

Around 2000 a teacher caught me watching a JeffK animation, right at the point where he installs Linux and his penis begins to grow to ludicrous proportions.

edit: that's not a thread. I can't remember an exact thread, but there was a trend of posting "just got a digital camera tell me what to take pictures of" threads when point and shoot digital cameras became affordable.

your edit made me remember bigpeelers descent from popular mspainting fake adventure threads to creepily sneaking pictures of some lady in her house that he was working on or something

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

ellasmith posted:

The first time I came here, I think it was about 2006, and there was this hilarious topic where a goon had a giant wasps nest on his swing set and lit a huge fire under it to destroy it. Does anyone else remember that?

I was instantly addicted to this websight and have never looked back.

def remember this thread. i think it was 2007. the massive flames used to take out a nest that could easily have been solved with a can of raid and a little patience.

also microbe and the way it took off and spiraled out of control. and red yellow blue. great cyoas

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
The one I remember reading most clearly, and the one that got me to register because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe, was where a teacher found a seventh grader's "erotic novel" and proceeded to post it.

"chh she sucked her teeth" has always stood out in my brain as a never forgotten line of whatever the hell the whole thing was

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Wiz's Crete LP. A legendary thread if there ever was one.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I can't remember.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Whichever thread it was that had the poo poo/piss on the ceiling picture. MS Paint Embarrassing Childhood Moments?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

someone had their ipod or something stolen and they found someone selling it on craigslist. the person selling it was trying to put a hex on op's head, something along the lines of 'i put a thousand tigers upond your head.' i still have the shirt lol.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i dont remember the literal first thread i ever clicked on, but one that stands out from back then was the thread for Awful Fantasy 3

edit: also I remember a dumb thread where a goon had a dream where someone was saying the phrase "foon goons" and was checking in with gbs to see if that was really a thing

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I was lurking for years before I actually registered. By 2008 I was completely taken with GWS.

The thread that got me to shell out :10bux: was a writing contest for A Commonplace Book of the Weird. Proud to say I took second place, even if my story was way too long to make it into the book itself.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

All You Base Are Belong To Us video

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Or maybe some of the goldmine stuff, I dont remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was AYBABTU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

It was a guy who wrote a song about wanting to bang Keira Knightley and then another guy recorded it on piano. I thought it was very funny because I was 14, I saw it linked on b3ta.com

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The thread that got me hooked on this dumb site for idiots was Street Sweeper tails or whatever the gently caress it was called

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

A lurker in poster's clothing
The first thread I read on here was the one about the basement pool.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

a thread from some fat goon who managed to get a girlfriend and was being a goon about it in 2004 gbs

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ant problem.

Its definitely not the first thread i read but I just like thinking about it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

I’m here to post, not to read

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
One of the "Putting inappropriate music in movie scenes" threads. Someone posted Sam Jackson falling down the stairs in Unbreakable with the NBA on NBC theme playing, and caused me to cry laugh for about 10 whole minutes.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
no read :justpost:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

It was some baseball thread in SAS that was debating the merits of Justin Morneau's 2006 AL MVP. I tried defending him winning it and everyone assumed I was trolling because I wasn't a disciple of sabermetrics.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
A thread in GBS about skinwalkers sometime in the mid 2000's. It was fascinating stuff. Unfortunately these days if you post anything about the paranormal you are instantly ridiculed.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
P-P-P-Powerbook

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

uh it was some guy who was eating dog food because it's cheaper than human food

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

ON THE TABLE!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The "Goon Idol" one. I made top 20! :haw:

Lifepuzzler posted:

One of the "Putting inappropriate music in movie scenes" threads. Someone posted Sam Jackson falling down the stairs in Unbreakable with the NBA on NBC theme playing, and caused me to cry laugh for about 10 whole minutes.

I laughed out loud just reading this description.

KittenCaboodle
Jan 16, 2014

Fun Shoe

stellae posted:

The first thread I read on here was the one about the basement pool.

The light hanging perilously above it :dogstare:

ZerglingMinor's thread about the incensed customer calling while he was working front desk at the hotel was one of the best things I had read in a long time. RIP ZM

I have really vague memories of the introduction of the goon dating threads in e/n and someone getting a Chumbawamba tattoo. AxeManiac maybe?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

First learned of the forums from Photoshop Friday posts on the front page that a friend showed me Freshman year in high school. As far as the first thread I remember reading, it was The Atari Killer.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My two earliest memories are
Hello, Welcome to ICQ
and
Review of the game Thundra.

Although Space Robots came after Hello, Welcome to ICQ I don't remember if I read it before or after. I think I binged through them later than that.

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
This old photoshop Friday thread from probably like 2005 where someone made a picture of Thomas the Tank engine driving into Auschwitz. Quite the different ambiance back then.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Peggy Edson posted:

a thread from some fat goon who managed to get a girlfriend and was being a goon about it in 2004 gbs

Was this the mayor wilkins one where he tried to give a pep talk to the collective masses of gbs that was at that time in the "I'm going to be a virgin forever" phase of life? Where he was like "I'm a fat disgusting slob, and if I can get a woman then so can you"

Because if so that's the one I remember

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

a thread where some dude describes how he was loving himself in the rear end with his sisters dildo then she walks in on him

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

sugar free jazz posted:

a thread where some dude describes how he was loving himself in the rear end with his sisters dildo then she walks in on him

wasnt that the big fat ge cafe person

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Pimpcasso posted:

wasnt that the big fat ge cafe person

no GE cafe was the one who dildoed their rear end so hard their colon fell out in the shower

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lifepuzzler posted:

I don’t remember this but lmao

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Nooner posted:

no GE cafe was the one who dildoed their rear end so hard their colon fell out in the shower
:monocle:

im out of touch on the self buttfuck lore of sa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
first thread i read had to have been either Latawnya The Naughty Horse, or the goldmined thread of the dude who took his european friend hunting, who then proceeded to excitedly pump a large tortoise full of buckshot