Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

This is the thread for people who decide it's time for a shopping spree after paying taxes. It's your American duty to buy stuff. Do it. DO IT NOW.

Backordered a three pack of Unfi Switch Flex eta warehouse arrival 5/2. I'm glad I found it because apparently they are out of stock everywhere and I want one and my brother wants one. So I'm going to have one spare.

I bought some shoes. I got Nike React Phantom Run Flyknit 2 to try. I use to own some ugly yellow shoes I remember were really comfortable in high school and it turns out they totally still make Nike Prestos so I bought a pair. Different colorway, not ugly yellow. Guess I was in the mood for loud as gently caress colors this time, the first time someone says "heeey nice shoes" I'll probably regret it because I hate interacting with people in person. My car is a similar green to those shoes and it was on sale though so I had to.

Presently considering a Speedwoofer10 and the LG 42" OLED.

Oh yeah and some steel tape that's receptive to magnets.

What else should I buy? Always be spending.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Buying sex object

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Please don't objectify people.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Buy new socks and start a daily cumsock rotation with your old socks.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hang on what days it

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

[sobbing] Look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks!

We owed $9k this year :(

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Always knew OP was a chili dog poser.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Getting about $1,400 back this year, which is gonna pay for the laptop I bought two weeks ago.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
wtf happened to the chili dogs rear end in a top hat?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Someone fukt it

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

That money went to the government I just can't afford to be spending xxk on chili dogs anymore. Okay that's a lie I totally could but I'm not going to because that's way too many chili dogs especially considering I'm not even sure I like chili dogs as I've never had one (which you would know if you've been following all my threads).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Duck and Cover posted:

especially considering I'm not even sure I like chili dogs as I've never had one (which you would know if you've been following all my threads).

what in god's name?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Why would I wait to buy something I want? It's bad enough that Ford won't tell me when they are going to sell me my Mach-E that I already forked over $500 for over two months ago.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

That money went to the government I just can't afford to be spending xxk on chili dogs anymore. Okay that's a lie I totally could but I'm not going to because that's way too many chili dogs especially considering I'm not even sure I like chili dogs as I've never had one (which you would know if you've been following all my threads).

Do you ever call them “dili chogs” like flip the letters like that for a laugh?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

what in god's name?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3996788

Three Olives posted:

Why would I wait to buy something I want? It's bad enough that Ford won't tell me when they are going to sell me my Mach-E that I already forked over $500 for over two months ago.

Wow what a bummer, I paid more than an Mach-e in taxes. So I'm not impressed. Anyway it's not like I wait to buy stuff for after paying taxes it just makes me think "oh yeah I should buy stuff for myself".

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 20, 2022

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I had my taxes done like 2 months ago, but I've been buying a bunch of small poo poo the last week or because I had some extra money and I am a sucker for gadgets. Phone stands, wireless phone charger, wireless phone battery pack, USB-C to 3.5mm adapter, 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, USB-C to A adapter, 64GB OTG USB-C thumb drive, and a 512GB SSD to put in my secondary desktop. So mostly phone poo poo, I guess.

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 20, 2022

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
lmao we owed $3,000

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

its all nice on rice posted:

lmao we owed $3,000

Are you going to venmo it to me or not

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Three Olives posted:

You have to be more subtle for it to work

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Woah 42" dude? No need to go crazy.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

God I just fartted and it smelled like poo poo - what I wrote on the amount part of the check going out for my taxes

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Woah 42" dude? No need to go crazy.

Well I want to use it as a monitor so bigger in this case is not necessarily better.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Justa Dandelion posted:

We owed $9k this year :(

its all nice on rice posted:

lmao we owed $3,000

I owed money and I am buying myself a free gift of never voting for the democrats :d2a:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm going to vote for the democratic party even harder.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Wtf is up with America not being able to just tax people easily? Why do you have to fill out a form or get some lovely company to do it for you? Is this a normal thing other countries do? Like here in NZ your employer just takes enough money out of your paycheck and because our tax department has a computer or something it's normally pretty accurate.
This is a genuine question by the way, I'm sure there's some probably stupid reason.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm going to vote for the democratic party even harder.

I cant afford that :(

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Weka posted:

Wtf is up with America not being able to just tax people easily? Why do you have to fill out a form or get some lovely company to do it for you? Is this a normal thing other countries do? Like here in NZ your employer just takes enough money out of your paycheck and because our tax department has a computer or something it's normally pretty accurate.
This is a genuine question by the way, I'm sure there's some probably stupid reason.

Same in Australia. Literally everything is precalculated, you're basically checking you agree with it and adding any deductions for things like fuel etc you want. It's easy as poo poo.

Apparently America is completely in the cock-cage of TurboTax tho which is lol that an entire country has a complicated process because it benefits a corporation. Very fitting.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Vim Fuego posted:

I owed money and I am buying myself a free gift of never voting for the democrats :d2a:

thatsbaits.gif

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

More buy, less not buy. Although complaining about Turbo Tax is cool too.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

definitely gonna order the artichoke dip appetizer :yum:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I paid down some of my loans with my refund. Hoping to have it all eliminated by 2024 and trade up for a newer, bigger house than what I own now.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Buy some chili dogs OP. The market is only going to go up on the chili dogs.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I didn't get a return because allegedly I owe the state $13k, but turns out I don't actually, so maybe next year. But I finally but the bullet and bought this toolbox, since I finally work for a decent employer.

It came with a Ruger rifle chambered in .300blk which I am 100% gonna sell. On the fence on buying a box of ammo for it and shooting some paper when I pick it up at the FFL transfer but meh. I'm not really a gun person.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Weka posted:

the companies that make a lot of money doing taxes for people spend a lot of it to keep the govt from simplifying or fixing the process

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Lmao wtf, free gun with every bench? There better be a free bazooka in it for me next time I remodel the kitchen

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Colonel Cancer posted:

Lmao wtf, free gun with every bench? There better be a free bazooka in it for me next time I remodel the kitchen

I traded in my original, small 2 bay snap on cab, and financed $3800 on this new, 1 year old box. I think MSRP on it is like $16,000. So for a lot of tech, who are dumb, will ignore dollar signs for a free gun.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I bought dog food and some jeans OP

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

posting in a classic epic trills style thread

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you'd be able to buy more stuff if you did it before paying taxes OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I bought dog food and some jeans OP
what kinda jeans