Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
it's probably just me right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Are you ugly, OP?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KKUkv6L9HU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

have you tried writing a letter to her father, op?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
The trick is to just be super attractive and cool.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Have you tried Christian mingle?

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
how would i, a goon, know?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Das Boo posted:

Are you ugly, OP?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I guess I'm ok

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Taking your cousin to the prom is a great way to build confidence, and it will strengthen the family bond with your mother when you ask her a arrange it!

I mean, that's what I heard. From a friend.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

It's been total poo poo since they introduced Potassium-Argon methods. Don't even get me started on Uranium-Thorium lol :fuckoff:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

women.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

install a glory hole in your homes bathroom. its how i met my husband and wife.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
i dunno OP, let me check.

hello goons, i'm single. pm me for :love:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Online dating seems to be a drag on dating just like social media is a drag on social life, I think your average person's brain can't really contextualize its interaction with an endless stream of curated profiles and no one really ends up happy. I have known people who liked it though so who can say, there's probably some sociologists looking into these exact things writing papers about it that we'll hear paraphrased in the news at some point but from personal experience I think my main takeaway from the couple of years I went that route was that it was pretty easy to find a date but it was hard to find a date with someone you'd actually be interested in. There's so much advice out there about how to create a good profile that everyone just ends up blending together so you just kinda get stuck playing the numbers. Also, as a guy I'd say on average the women I'd meet from online were less attractive than the ones I had met in person, I'm sure the stats on this have changed by now with it being so ubiquitous, but when I was dipping my toes in there was a p bad gap in men/women on most dating sites, so it seemingly shifted everyone's expectations accordingly.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
op try not to worry too much, but I have it on good authority that everyone is having more sex than you

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's never too late to go volcel and date yourself

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Strumpie posted:

OMG, I've been looking for someone else with Plat so I don't have to date beneath my station.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
it's just you, OP. everyone else is loving, please understand.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
No it sucks for pretty much everyone. I don't know how it was before tinder and etc became popular but yeah, it seems like people are just commodities at this point and it's super depressing. I did recently start taking to a guy that actually wants something beyond hooking up, first one I've found in like 3 years (I do take breaks from dating too but still) and what are the odds it'll actually go anywhere? Who knows

There's an online dating thread in e/n that sometimes gives glimmers of hope but it's mostly frustrated people

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989425&pagenumber=70&perpage=40

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Strumpie posted:

poo poo, still single.

guess it is hosed.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
yeah op dating is tough, luckily your mom makes it easy for everyone

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i was so bad at dating but somehow i have a baby on the way

guess i won? i get my prize in 3 months

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It's hosed, OP. As a consequence we're not.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i usually hear this complaint from men, specifically that every dating app is flooded with way more men than women.

the solution is staring them in the face and they refuse to see it. date the men, dummy!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

STABASS posted:

yeah op dating is tough, luckily your mom makes it easy for everyone

That's uncalled for. I isn't technically a date if it begins and ends at a rest stop on the interstate.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
as we speak, I'm getting catfished by 5 lovely chatbots: does that sound hosed to you?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Serious reply though, I hear they're offering huge discounts on bulk orders of Russian mail order brides.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I got laid once from tinder and once from bumble, they're fine by me :cool:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Peggy Edson posted:

I got laid once from tinder and once from bumble, they're fine by me :cool:
show me proof

in 3 months ill have PROOF OF SEX

and finally i can show those neigh sayers

:horse::horse::horse:

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 28, 2022

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The two years of quarantine taught me that online dating is a nightmare of couples pretending to be single to find a unicorn and I'm glad that poo poo is over and clubs are open again.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
do people still hook up at bars or whatever

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I think we are all going through long dark nights of the soul. Best to be patient, OP

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you will be too old to date soon. you're on the glide path to the best years of your life, just enjoy the ride.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

beer gas canister posted:

do people still hook up at bars or whatever

At least where I live, in clubs/festivals/parties yes, in regular bars not so much

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'll love you.

From afar.

I'm kinda flaky though so don't get your hopes up.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
You got easy pickings here. Goon love is the best love, after all.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Sourdough Sam posted:

You got easy pickings here. Goon love is the best love, after all.
:gooncamp:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Real answer everyone I know just ends up with someone they know from work maybe try that.

If it's all zoom meeting stuff for you try slyly winking when the person you like talks.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

if you are even able to run or jog even a little bit join a social run club

its not like us cycling club fucks who are also only white men and a "you ought to know" attitude, even though we are trying to be better its a long road

the run club is people running for fun and without the multi-thousand dollar buy in and judgement

but its chill, my lady mama is part of one and its a got a lotta semi-fit girls

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I was swiping through today and it was just one dog after the other, ugh.

I mean I was looking at a dog-walker app but still.