Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I wore some hella JNCOs back in the day.

Not your average JNCOs. I wore the most extreme JNCOs you could buy.

I had a pair that had 50" openings and they were khakis and they had tabs in the back that said "Five Oh".

Tell me about the the JNCOs you wore back in the 90s. Dickies and Ben Davis are cool too.

This was me probably around 1999-2000.

I had the penis belt and the cholo pompadour too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I heard that JNCOs are coming back. That's pretty cool.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I only had knockoffs of course, but they were comfortable and rotund- friendly after the tight Wrangler era. Never did carry a hammer in the hammer loop.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

drat OP you look fuckin cool

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I didn't realize they made pro-cop JNCOs

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

STABASS posted:

I didn't realize they made pro-cop JNCOs

It was a weird, ironic time. I also rocked an FBI hat that had big white block letters on black. Not even "Female Body Inspector", just FBI.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I did not wear jncos

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

I did not wear jncos

mods?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I heard that JNCOs are coming back. That's pretty cool.

They sort of never left. The official website has been selling off their last stock for a while now. I bought three pairs in 2020, including the purple corduroys that are just so comfortable.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
didnt the hem of these drag on the ground and get all dirty and stuff

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The Walrus posted:

didnt the hem of these drag on the ground and get all dirty and stuff

They definitely would wear at the bottom but I think that if you had an original pair, that wear would be seen as a badge of honor. At least back in the day, there seemed to be no in-between. Either you kept them crisp or they were hella worn at the bottom.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
We didn't have jncos in small town Canada when I was that age. I wrote the pants my parents gave me until I was 11-12 or so when peers told me I was gay unless I wore baggy oversized pants. My Mum got me some baggy cargo pants and I got baggy carpenters jeans from the church basement thrift store. Then I wasn't gay for my pants, but for my sensitivity and popularity with the girls. Years later I was told I dressed like a slob because my pants didn't fit me properly and I wasn't showing off my figure. Oh. Now I wear things that fit me except when I get too fat in my 30s. I've gone from a 34 to a 30 and back twice in the last 2 years.

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!
No lie I saw a chick wearing JNCOs yesterday and she looked good

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

We didn't have jncos in small town Canada when I was that age. I wrote the pants my parents gave me until I was 11-12 or so when peers told me I was gay unless I wore baggy oversized pants. My Mum got me some baggy cargo pants and I got baggy carpenters jeans from the church basement thrift store. Then I wasn't gay for my pants, but for my sensitivity and popularity with the girls. Years later I was told I dressed like a slob because my pants didn't fit me properly and I wasn't showing off my figure. Oh. Now I wear things that fit me except when I get too fat in my 30s. I've gone from a 34 to a 30 and back twice in the last 2 years.

same except non-canadian small town and we did have JNCO's but only a couple of people wore them and they were definitely not seen as 'cool' despite definitely being a widely popular thing elsewhere at the time.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Edmund Sparkler posted:

They definitely would wear at the bottom but I think that if you had an original pair, that wear would be seen as a badge of honor. At least back in the day, there seemed to be no in-between. Either you kept them crisp or they were hella worn at the bottom.

seems like a no-winter thing, otherwise all the salt and slush would make the bottoms all crispy

Charles Bukowski posted:

if you think a 34 is fat see a psychiatrist

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Something I can't find except for Supreme selling $100+ shirts these days, is the fur collar work shirt.

I had a green Red Kap type shirt that I bought from Hot Topic in the 90s that had a name patch that said "Rick" and a fake fur collar.

It makes me sick to think how much these clothes would be worth if I still had them.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

same except non-canadian small town and we did have JNCO's but only a couple of people wore them and they were definitely not seen as 'cool' despite definitely being a widely popular thing elsewhere at the time.

Mostly this combined with not wanting to ask my mom to drop the $70 or whatever they cost back in the day. They weren't cheap and I remember the bottoms always getting wet and gross and frayed in salty rear end wet michigan winter.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Honestly the OP is the cleanest I've ever seen JNCOs look. This includes the person wearing them. Most JNCO wearers wore them all the loving time and were also stinky 90s teenage boys with weird trendy white boy braids.

Think like four braids off the top of the head, kottonmouth kings oversized shirt, Osiris D3s.

If you know, you know.

I wore baggy khakis and off brand polos or solid color tees from Kohls and remember getting called a "trendy" by the above. Ahhhh middle school. It was the worst for everyone.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

It's funny because I was actually an early adopter of the Kottonmouth Kings back when they had the original version of Suburban Life on the Scream soundtrack. I got into it because a friend of mine had the Scream soundtrack CD and then when my school went on a trip to Arizona, I found their EP at a mall in Phoenix. He actually got his grandmother who lived there to mail him the same CD after he borrowed it from me. Pre-internet music was weird like that.

I was actually mostly into Bone Thugs-n-Harmony at the time and I had some sick shirts from back then that I really wish I had pictures of myself wearing. The one I'm specifically thinking of had Wish Bone holding a bottle of champagne and that's why I wasn't allowed to wear it at my high school after my world religion teacher saw it. It was especially funny because he would wear a Rolling Stones tongue t-shirt after hours and I knew they had a song called "Cocksucker Blues".

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 2, 2022

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Jp3w8Z10s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tzSjtuMGOQ

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 2, 2022

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKiz1Je_XNs

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I kind of want to know more about what the hell is going on with the shelter building thing in the background

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
based on context clues I'm gonna assume that's a tent dude

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

I kind of want to know more about what the hell is going on with the shelter building thing in the background

It was a church campout. So tents as far as the eye can see.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I also got dragged into the vice principal's office during sophomore year because I wore a "R U Still Down Remember Me" 2Pac shirt and he lectured me about how his son had a 2Pac poster and he didn't understand it but rules were rules and so on and so forth.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Also, got in trouble for wearing a Pearl Jam orange target t-shirt.

This was even pre-Columbine so I don't know how to feel about that.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Seems like the man was really keeping you down

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

Seems like the man was really keeping you down

I really felt that way.

I got kicked out of the mall for wearing a collared uniform security shirt, untucked and way too big for me. It was looked kind of like this.

I was sure it was a major violation of my rights and I sure raised a stink but then again I was just a dumb teenager and forgot about it in a couple of days.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

what am i looking at here (other than part of the op's picture of a tent)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Also, got in trouble for wearing a Pearl Jam orange target t-shirt.

This was even pre-Columbine so I don't know how to feel about that.

Ok this one is pretty out there. I mean that is a SUPER generic design and isn't offensive.

Can I bet that you'd gotten in trouble for shirts/clothes stuff before and the school had one of those generic 'No band shirts' rules in the dresscode that like, no one ever enforced except the two times in however many years that you went to school there that 'there was that one kid who insisted on wearing his Korn shirt and mouthing off a little' kind of thing?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I had the regular Jncos, 23" pipes. They just looked like big straight leg jeans.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

people in the school lunch line would stand by the drink cooler and steal drinks by passing them to someone wearing jncos, who would drop them into the seemingly bottomless pockets. we're talking on the order of 8+ bottles of iced tea and sports drinks disappearing into those pants

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

Ok this one is pretty out there. I mean that is a SUPER generic design and isn't offensive.

Can I bet that you'd gotten in trouble for shirts/clothes stuff before and the school had one of those generic 'No band shirts' rules in the dresscode that like, no one ever enforced except the two times in however many years that you went to school there that 'there was that one kid who insisted on wearing his Korn shirt and mouthing off a little' kind of thing?

Yeah, I wore a Green Day Insomniac shirt that had the track list on the back and another kid even tried to tell the teacher that the track list was just a list of shirts that they made and it wasn't a band shirt at all.

It was funny because the alleged reasoning was that wearing these shirts would distract from learning when in fact the enforcement of the rule was more distracting than anything.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Big Beef City posted:

what am i looking at here (other than part of the op's picture of a tent)

Why is the inside of the tent recursive doors. Or windows.

CozyFella
Feb 1, 2022

I don't have anything of value to add to this conversation.
But I don't care.
I was absolutely destroyed when my mother wouldn't buy me a pair of JNCO's on the basis that they were ridiculous. Looking back.. I am so glad my mother didn't because I don't need any more cringe memories.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

CozyFella posted:

I was absolutely destroyed when my mother wouldn't buy me a pair of JNCO's on the basis that they were ridiculous. Looking back.. I am so glad my mother didn't because I don't need any more cringe memories.

For better or worse, I was allowed to create my own cringe memories when I discovered the joys of minimum wage jobs and Ross Dress for Less and Goodwill. At least I bought a lot of sick classic hip hop tapes from Goodwill that ensured that I had a great taste in music that would never be appreciated until I reached adulthood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRCQ9eagWQ

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 2, 2022

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I really felt that way.

I got kicked out of the mall for wearing a collared uniform security shirt, untucked and way too big for me. It was looked kind of like this.

I was sure it was a major violation of my rights and I sure raised a stink but then again I was just a dumb teenager and forgot about it in a couple of days.

I remember stoner friends under 18 having very comically complex ideas and strategies for dealing with cops if a party got rolled.

Turns out they just do whatever the gently caress they want, and don't give a single gently caress about an obviously wasted 16 year old moaning about their rights.

CozyFella
Feb 1, 2022

I don't have anything of value to add to this conversation.
But I don't care.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

For better or worse, I was allowed to create my own cringe memories when I discovered the joys of minimum wage jobs and Ross Dress for Less and Goodwill. At least I bought a lot of sick classic hip hop tapes from Goodwill that ensured that I had a great taste in music that would never be appreciated until I reached adulthood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRCQ9eagWQ

Ayo, that song fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

CozyFella posted:

Ayo, that song fucks.

I read The Source religiously pre-internet and it was so easy to find all the albums they recommended on their 100 anniversary issue on tape at the thrift store.

It was too bad when Benzino hosed everything up, trying to kickstart his pathetic career off the back of an old tape of a teenaged Eminem saying the n word.