Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

FRIDAY

8:00 pm Eastern - New Jersey Generals / Pittsburgh Maulers (USA)

SATURDAY

3:00 pm Eastern - New Orleans Breakers / Birmingham Stallions (FOX)

SUNDAY

12:00 pm Eastern - Michigan Panthers / Philadelphia Stars (FOX)
4:00 pm Eastern - Tampa Bay Bandits / Houston Gamblers (Peacock)

CURRENT POWER RANKINGS

1.) Birmingham Stallions

--- tier break---

2.) New Jersey Generals
3.) New Orleans Breakers
4.) Philadelphia Stars
5.) Tampa Bay Bandits

--- tier break---

6.) Pittsburgh Maulers
7.) Michigan Panthers
8.) Houston Gamblers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
That kick returner just got stopped cold, goddamn

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I wonder if this will be a blowout. Most of these games seem to feature the lesser team almost make a comeback.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

New Jersey Will Win The Championship

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

remember last week i predicted tampa bay is going to defeat birmingham. don't forget next week

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I hate the Friday Night games, I always forget they are even on.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i swear to god if birmingham scrapes by again

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Look out, Mercury Morris!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Close game, can't wait for Michigan to collapse in the second half

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drat who died?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

miochigan is in trouble now.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if they don't score opn this drive, tghey'd better get a stop. and if they don't score and then don't get a stop then that will be the end of the game.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if they score a fg but give up a td the other way, that will be the end of the game still

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they have to get a stop within the next 4 minutes or so, without letting them score.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the game's over with that big touch down. philadelphia closed the game out strongly

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

surf rock posted:

Close game, can't wait for Michigan to collapse in the second half

OK, this was more of a collapse than I had imagined. idk why I didn't put Michigan in last place in the power rankings.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Game is officially in blowout land.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

How did Michigan let Case Cookus bust off a 79 yard run

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bandits are going to go on a 3 game winning streak starting today and they're going beat birmingham like i said and make it to the playoffs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

their final points total will be 214 and their final points against total will be 217 for a differential of -3. that's a large upgrade over their current differential of -29

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
i knew the gamblers had at least some potential, taking down the best team

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't read my previous two posts in this thread. the gramblers took it all for themselves and altered fate so none of it is going to come true

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Play posted:

i knew the gamblers had at least some potential, taking down the best team

They haven't been as spectacularly bad as the Maulers, and other then last weeks blowout loss, they led at halftime of every single loss.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

syzpid posted:

They haven't been as spectacularly bad as the Maulers, and other then last weeks blowout loss, they led at halftime of every single loss.

The Maulers pulled Vad Lee and put in the backup QB. Something went wrong and the backup didn't get the play in time so he called timeout. The head coach was fuming and put Vad Lee back in after the timeout. They also couldn't call a play at one point because one of the special teams players was hurt, but apparently the special teams coach had no idea despite the player limping off the field, the player tried to limp onto the field and they called timeout again to get a replacement.

I have watched the 90s World League, 90s XFL, the UFL, the AAFL, the XFL revival, and now the USFL, and the maulers might easily be the worst team I've watched in all that time.

syzpid fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 13, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

might care about the playoffs. glad they are talking about destroying the bengals. glad we could share that, me and the other person watching the game, amongst eachother with our strong feelings

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pittsburgh should have gone for it on 4th down. but they got very lucky & happy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

every player hosed me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

amazing forced fumble when they needed it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

scored a big touchdown from running

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rest in pepperoni, pittsburg

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

probably played that the worst you can outside of not receiving the punt at all. very nice

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Could I post a new thread? Sure.

Will I post a new thread? No.

It's the last week of the USFL regular season, and I think all four games will be pretty competitive.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm watching the big game. it's a good one. let's go new jersey

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we're all the big football fans on campus

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wonder if there are 200 people at this game. i bet it's about 130

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the qb got antonio browned

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

New Jersey WILL Win The Championship

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tampa didn't even activate a kicker for this game.
Like at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Time has passed, and yet I remain annoyed that Birmingham lost their undefeated streak.