Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
so. are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

tomorrow is fathers day

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I don't condone the lifestyle.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
yeah, I post on internet forums

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Autistic? Yes.

Proud? No. "Autistic pride" is a loving stupid movement and I wish it would stop

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 18, 2022

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Thank you for your service

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm one of those "cool autists" that nobody ever talks about

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

lol that some idiot decided to stick "autistic pride day" right in the middle of LGBTQ+ Pride Month cuz they couldn't be bothered to think of a better date for it

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

I. M. Gei posted:

Autistic? Yes.

Proud? No. "Autistic pride" is a loving stupid movement and I wish it would stop

why

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
autism is a spectrum, which is funny because autistic people are known to exhibit extremely binary black-and-white thinking. at least that's the kind of thing you might find funny if you have autism

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

STABASS posted:

autism is a spectrum, which is funny because autistic people are known to exhibit extremely binary black-and-white thinking. at least that's the kind of thing you might find funny if you have autism

haha

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I applaud autistic people who are aware they are autistic and make an honest effort to be more self aware and aware of others.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Because I am not satisfied with the person I am right now, and I want to be able to think and act like other people and also not feel like a social outcast.

Like, if you have autism and you see it as a gift, then great! That's great for you, and more power to you! I'm just saying the rest of us with autism who DON'T enjoy it or get any kind of use out of it should be able to seek treatment for it, and both options should be respected by others.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Basically having autism is like having really huge boobs. A lot of people see big huge honkin' tits as a gift, and that's fine and great, but for many people the drawbacks outweigh the benefits for one reason or another, and those people should have the option to make their titties smaller if they want or need to, and other people should respect their choice to do so or not do so. Autism is like that, except there is no medical procedure to reduce autism size.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I. M. Gei posted:

lol that some idiot decided to stick "autistic pride day" right in the middle of LGBTQ+ Pride Month cuz they couldn't be bothered to think of a better date for it

I'm gay and autistic. I win all the prizes!

Agree with you on the other point though. At the risk of stirring up some poo poo I'm just going to say I hate when people say this is "a gift". It's not a loving gift, it's robbed me of a normal life and if there was a cure I'd take it tomorrow.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I will celebrate for exactly 47 minutes

statim
Sep 5, 2003
How them trains?

You guys

statim
Sep 5, 2003

Sid Vicious posted:

tomorrow is fathers day

Don't

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I. M. Gei posted:

Basically having autism is like having really huge boobs. A lot of people see big huge honkin' tits as a gift, and that's fine and great, but for many people the drawbacks outweigh the benefits for one reason or another, and those people should have the option to make their titties smaller if they want or need to, and other people should respect their choice to do so or not do so. Autism is like that, except there is no medical procedure to reduce autism size.

My spouse is autistic with huge tits, and agrees with this post.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Yaldabaoth posted:

I applaud autistic people who are aware they are autistic and make an honest effort to be more self aware and aware of others.

Well, you're a well-known piece of poo poo, so that checks out.

There's literally no end to assholes demanding autistic people to cater to them more. gently caress that poo poo.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I was always told I have severe autism but I was never diagnosed with it. So I dunno what to tell you.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

endlessmonotony posted:

There's literally no end to assholes demanding autistic people to cater to them more. gently caress that poo poo.

He's not wrong, though?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

endlessmonotony posted:

You misread, I just want autistic people to learn basic empathy so they don't become assholes too. If they're nice to other people then who cares about anything else they do?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Yaldabaoth posted:

You misread, I want just autistic people to learn basic empathy so they don't become assholes too. If they're nice to other people then who cares about anything else they do?

Those are not autistic. They are just assholes. Bub.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Apparently the official color for autism pride is gold because the chemical symbol for gold is Au.

Which...

Hell, it's better than puzzle pieces.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

You misread, I just want autistic people to learn basic empathy so they don't become assholes too. If they're nice to other people then who cares about anything else they do?

We have basic empathy, you dumb mother fucker. Autism is a problem not being able to pick up on social or non-verbal cues it does mean we're unfeeling psychopaths.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

I. M. Gei posted:

He's not wrong, though?

He's absolutely wrong, and an rear end in a top hat.

I don't need to change myself to please anyone else, especially not loving useless dipshits like Yaldabaoth.

It's a loving struggle and there will always be people offended at my lack of interpretable body language, as well as :decorum: fuckers who will insist on remembering pointless minutiae about local traditional manners while telling me to give actual literal fascists the benefit of the doubt.

He doesn't get to be the arbiter of what's self-aware and considerate enough, especially given his rap sheet.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

He's absolutely wrong, and an rear end in a top hat.

I don't need to change myself to please anyone else, especially not loving useless dipshits like Yaldabaoth.

It's a loving struggle and there will always be people offended at my lack of interpretable body language, as well as :decorum: fuckers who will insist on remembering pointless minutiae about local traditional manners while telling me to give actual literal fascists the benefit of the doubt.

He doesn't get to be the arbiter of what's self-aware and considerate enough, especially given his rap sheet.

No you see, the people being marginalized are the real assholes here, and furthermore...faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart.

::shits pants::

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

Some things have happened to you. Care to share?

E: ok even more fascinating. Tell the story please

endlessmonotony posted:

:decorum: fuckers who will insist on remembering pointless minutiae about local traditional manners while telling me to give actual literal fascists the benefit of the doubt.

Skeleton Ape fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 18, 2022

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

soooo how can you increase your autism???

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
My chief problem is giving a poo poo enough to communicate when there's always a few motherfuckers in every group who take the fact that they cannot interpret my body language as a personal insult and start slinging around hostility based on my "tone" when their read is built on nothing but wild assumptions of what they assume I'm thinking.

There will always be some dipshit that says I need to learn to be better as a way to cover up for themselves being a clueless rear end in a top hat.

Or just being a humongous racist who doesn't like the autistic person calling them out on it. That happens constantly.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
They are so brave

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

My chief problem is giving a poo poo enough to communicate when there's always a few motherfuckers in every group who take the fact that they cannot interpret my body language as a personal insult and start slinging around hostility based on my "tone" when their read is built on nothing but wild assumptions of what they assume I'm thinking.

There will always be some dipshit that says I need to learn to be better as a way to cover up for themselves being a clueless rear end in a top hat.

Or just being a humongous racist who doesn't like the autistic person calling them out on it. That happens constantly.

The south sounds like it sucks

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Skeleton Ape posted:

Some things have happened to you. Care to share?

E: ok even more fascinating. Tell the story please

Oh, I'm visibly disabled, of a minority ethnic group, and autistic. School wasn't fun.

I live in Finland.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I'm glad OP got the date right because if not I was going to get really frustrated

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Booty Pageant posted:

soooo how can you increase your autism???

Science doesn't know

... yet.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

endlessmonotony posted:

Oh, I'm visibly disabled, of a minority ethnic group, and autistic. School wasn't fun.

I live in Finland.

Well poo poo, I didn't know you had it that bad. Sorry :smith:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

You're goddamn right I am! :dukedog:

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm autistic about dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Yaldabaoth posted:

Well poo poo, I didn't know you had it that bad. Sorry :smith:

Everyone autistic has it bad because there's functionally infinite utterly crazy people taking your inability to communicate via body language as an insult.

Which comes as absolutely no surprise to anyone following politics or working retail.