Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

I Was A Teenage Exocolonist (which is a horrible title so I will refer to it as "Exocolonist" as of now) is narrative cRPG about being a teenager in first extrasolar colony in human history. Our protagonist was born on spaceship "Stratosphere", en route to wormhole leading to exoplanet Vertumna IV. Their parents were part of far left activist group who decided that Earth society is broken beyond repair, stole a spaceship from Elon Musk private museum (EDIT: they actually crowdfunded it) and ran away to try with that "society" thing once again, without such nuisances as climate collapse, nuclear wars and capitalism. New colony, also called Vertumna, resembles an early kibbutzim (but without nationalism) or anarchist colony from Ursula K. LeGuin's novel "The Dispossessed".

We start as 10yo kid and we have another 10 years to make ourselves useful members of our small community. Or not. We can study, explore alien planet, became farmer or colony guardian or just gently caress around and make friends. So it's basically Princess Maker 2 but IN SPAAAAACE, you can choose your pronouns and there is a veeeeery simple card minigame included

Contrary to most AAA games, your choices actually matter. There are several endings, some NPCs can and will die, but you can prevent it... if you know what you do. I believe there's only one death that is unavoidable. Life in extrasolar colony is hard though, and we probably won't manage to save everyone in first playthrough, but here comes second interesting thing about Exocolonist. Our protagonist has vague memories from their past and future lives... which means that in second and next runs they remember some things that happened in first playthrough. You can save someone who died last time, or avoid some nasty poo poo just because you remember how it ended in previous life. It is nowhere as important for plot as in Undertale or DDLC, but still.

Also I don't have to list content warnings, because dev were kind enough to do it for us.

I've already completed the game twice, but to make this LP interesting, I reinstalled game, so we start fresh.

Let's go!

This is the only part of the game that is (roughly) animated, but you won't miss much if I stick to screenshots alone.

Your head is pounding. You must have hit it and blacked out, but you aren't sure how you got here... or what on Vertumna is happening.

There is something important you must remember...

What's go...

Through it you see a deep, eerie twilight - dark blue and cold against the heat of the fire around you.

Glow season...

Welp, that was very short LP, thanks for watching.

Kidding. This title still sucks, tho.

As you will soon notice, almost all people on Vertumna are named after common nouns, probably to sever ties with Earth culture. Don't be suprised seeing names like Kombucha or Echinacea. I've picked random name to show you next screens, we are going to change it of course.

First of all, we need to choose pronouns and body type of our exocolonist. I don't think it affects anything except roleplaying - we can pick up any career no matter what our gender is, and all romancable NPCs are pansexual.

1. Stress meter - every activity gives us 10-15 Stress points, at 100 stress we have to take a break (can't choose any activity other than Relax)
2. Loyality/Rebellion meter - teenage angst-o-meter
3. Kudos - ingame currency.
4. Skills. Maximum skill value is 100, on 33, 66 and 100 points in skill we receive a perk. Most jobs increase two skills at once. (for example, playing sportsball increases Bravery and Toughness)

Next, our augumentation. Everyone born on "Stratosphere" gets one augumentation at birth, from "less sleep required" to "augumented hearing". Our choices are:

Eagle Eyes: +10 Perception and +1 to all Perception and Animals increases
Extra Fingers: +10 Creativity and +1 to all Creativity and Organising increases
Absorbent Brain: +10 Reasoning and +1 to all Engineering and Biology increases
Super Strength: +10 Combat and +1 to all Toughness and Combat increases
Calm Temperament: +10 Empathy and reduce all Stress gains by 2
No Augmentation: no bonus, start with 30 Kudos (that won't buy you anything useful and shop isn't even available in first years)

And last but not least, our best friend. Anemone, Cal (their full names are: Anemone, Recalcitrance, Tangent, Dysthymia, Marzipan and Aspartame. Told ya. And no, I have no idea why would anyone name a kid after chronic depression.)

So, let's choose our name, pronouns, body type, augumentation and friend.

Szarrukin fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Name: Clarity
Body type: n/a
Pronouns: She/Her
Augmentation: Eagle Eyes
Friend: Eeyore Dysthemia

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

racerabbit posted:

Name: Clarity
Body type: n/a
Augmentation: Eagle Eyes
Friend: Eeyore Dysthemia

I'd follow her to hell...worlds

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Mom's hot

Name: Verdad
Body Type: 1 notch from the furthest left
Pronouns: She/They
Augmentation: Calm Demeanor
Friend: Anemone

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Kudos is the currency? I can't believe the Fall Guys team managed to get a space colony.

Name: Dyphteria
Body type: any
Pronouns: any
Augmentation: Extra Fingers
Friend: Aspartame

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Name: Viviparous
Body Type: more left on the slider
Pronouns: she/her
Augmentation: Absorbent Brain
Friend: Marz

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Name: Ague (Malaria was taken by a distant relative)
Augmentation: Calm Tempermant

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

By the way, if you want a free image editor that won't watermark your art, may I recommend Gnu Image Manipulation Program?

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Oh sweet! The reviews for this are good. I think I wanna get it, but I wanna see how it works out.

Tulip posted:

Mom's hot

I agree with that statement.

Name: Agate
Body Type: N/A
Augmentation: Extra Fingers
Friend: Marz

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Oh hey it's this thing. I played it a bit, it's decent to alright. It'll be interesting to see how this LP goes.

Name: Solanacaea
Body Type: Change at random every update
Pronouns: Change at random every update
Augmentation: Calm Tempermant
Friend: Tammy

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Name: Propane
Body Type: mostly right
Pronouns: he/him
Augmentation: calm temperament
Friend: Dys

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Name: Pyrethrin
Body Type: all the way to the left
Pronouns: she/her
Augmentation: Absorbent Brain
Friend: Dysthemia

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Tulip posted:

Name: Verdad
Pronouns: She/They
Augmentation: Calm Demeanor

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
I was torn between Verdad and Clarity, but finally the latter won for first playthrough.

You are Clarity, sweet, completely unfazed by reality girl. Even Marzipan with her bossy attitude is unable to break your composure... though not for a lack of trying. People on "Stratosphere" often joke that on day when you will finally reach wormhole, you will calmly finish your breakfast, brush your teeth, clean your room and only then calmly follow to the escape pods.

(We have received our first card! There are three types of cards in game. Yellow, "Social" ones, for Empathy, Persuasion, Creativity and Bravery skill checks. Blue, "Intelect" ones, for Reasoning, Organizing, Engineering and Biology checks. And Red, "Physical" ones, for Toughness, Perception, Combat and Animals check. You can use cards of all colours in any skill test, but matching colours will be usually most effective.)

Both you and Dys never were social butterflies, which is perhaps why two of you feel kinda connected. Although nobody says it loud (except Marz), most of colonists don't really like Dys, quiet and aloof child who rarely speaks at all, spending most of his time watching Old Earth videos on his holopalm. You are probably the only person on entire ship who know that he has sharp sense of humour (if sometimes cynical and self deprecatory) and adventurous soul. You don't think he consideres you (or anyone) his "friend", but it seems he likes you.

(Friendship with Dys gives us Bravery and Perception bonuses, as well as our first Blue card)

When the day finally comes, it starts with a rumble, then things start to slide off the tables. You hurry to gather near the escape pods, just in case

You found out that old jokes weren't true. You aren't as calm as you hoped to be. In fact, you are pretty scared... for the first time in your life. You are glad for your augumentation.

You wait. The shaking builds.

You hear distant, omnious squeal of metal giving way as the ship shudders and lurches in slow motion.

The weirdest part is the sense of deja vu. You're sure this has happened to you before and you know, somehow, that everything is going to be okay.

The shuddering reaches a crescendo.

You hear impossibly loud CRUNCH and feel weightless for a few seconds before gravity slams you back against the wall, head-first.

You black out...

You drift...

Instead of the familliar blackness of space, bright light from twin blue and yellow sun is streaming through the windows. You peer out and see fields, glass-walled domes and walls ringed by giant mushroom-like trees.

There are construction materials everywhere, and people walking around, outside, on the ground!

Welcome to Vertumna! Hope you enjoy your stay.

As I mentioned, we have 10 years to make ourselves useful. Every year has 13 months divided into 4 seasons( Quiet, Pollen, Dust and Wet, each with three months named Early, Middle and Late. Creative.) + special month Glow. Currently it's Early Quiet, which is basically our early winter.

Building with flags are where we can choose our monthly activity. As this is our first month, most of activities is unavailable yet, so let's go sightseeing. Perhaps Tammy can show us around?

I would go with you, but um... well this is as far as I've been from ship since we landed. It's scary outside.

Oh.

Speech bubble means character has something to say outside generic dialogue, like Tammy before. We can press F at any moment to find out more details about every NPC.

Birthday dates, likes and dislikes are important to build relationship with character. Also, as you can see, Dys is slightly younger than us, which implies that his birthday are after ours.

Sadly, there's no way to give birthday present to your parents or anyone adult. :(

You are the best, Daddy!

What's outside the walls?

Oh, don't worry about that, my dear aubergine. Nothing that could hurt you. We just don't want you getting lost in the big big world out there

You start to explain that nobody told you, but someone shouts your father's name

Listen, I am so sorry, Clarity, but I have to get back to work. There was an accident when we landed and...

He stops himself.

Don't worry. We are going to fix it, your mother and I.

We have just unlocked our first activities - Relax, Study Life Sciences and Study Humanities. But first let's check what's going on in colony.

No jobs here, at least for now.

Each year has three important events - your birthday on Early Quiet, Glow season at the end of the year, and Vertumnalia, harvest festival kinda like Slavic dożynki. Also that food shortage looks bad, but certainly Mom and Dad are going to fix it.

The closest thing that we have to government. As you see, our mom is responsible for cultivation, so technically she's our dad's boss.

Also I might be wrong, but Rhett might be the only person in entire colony with "normal", Earth name. (Seeq full name is Obsequious, Flulu is short from Fluorescence).

This is where we can blow some steam after our Stress goes too high. At 100 Stress Relax (-100 Stress, +1 to Tammy friendship) is the only activity you can do. It also gives you an opportunity to get rid of obsolete cards.

Speaking of which, here are our cards. We are going to make use of them soon.

But let's talk to Anemone first.

What are you making?

Just snow spirals. But earlier me and Cal made a big snowpal! You missed it while you were sleeping in medbay

She smiles her broad gap-toothed smile at you.

Now that you're awake we can play!

Why aren't you at school?

She smacks her forehead

School! I wondered where everybody was. I guess I'm gonna be late for humanities class.

She doesn't look very worried to you.

Let's check red-flagged building next to Anemone

No jobs yet, but in future we can train our Toughness, Bravery and Combat here.

Here's our pal.

I believe you.

No, you don't. You are being sarcastic, I can tell. NOBODY believes me.

He turns his back and ignores you. Well, you tried. Dys is SO sensitive about being teased.

Looks like Dys is in bad mood again. Sometimes you feel that in moments like this he consideres entire humanity his sworn enemy. Even you.

Time to school!

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Now, there are total of 8 jobs available to us in first year. Most of them has its own storyline, and can unlock another jobs in next years. Should we focus on one job, max it out and then move to another or pick two or three jobs from different fields and do them every other month?

Besides what we have now, jobs available in 1st year are Shoveling Dirt job (farming line, focus on animals, biology, toughness and friendship with Cal), Babysitting (empathy and creativity line, friendship with Tammy), Sneak Outside (introduction to exploration mechanics, bravery and perception line, friendship with Dys), Deliver Supplies (organization + perception, Marz friendship) and Play Sportsball (Toughness, Bravery, friendship with Anemone).

Szarrukin fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 4, 2022

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I bet Rhett stands for Rhetorical.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Let's be a good kid, stay in school and Focus on studying life sciences.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Focus on sneaking outside. It's certainly an odd job to have, but the dark corners of the world call out to be explored.

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
Let's split our efforts between studying life sciences and sneaking outside.

I'm hoping that having some knowledge of biology will help when we run into alien creatures outside the walls.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

PepperedMoth posted:

I'm hoping that having some knowledge of biology will help when we run into alien creatures outside the walls.

+1 to this. And maybe a bit of Sportsball if there's time in between?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

PepperedMoth posted:

:hai:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PepperedMoth posted:

What are you talking about? There are no monsters. The adults say so and they wouldn't lie.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Sneaking outside is the only reasonable response to the adults lying to us about what's out there.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
This game looks cool. Not going to vote yet. Want to see how it goes for a bit

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Oh hey this game. I’ve been playing it all weekend along with my kids, who have entertainingly different ideas on how best to parent. It’s a good’un but wow that’s a lot of work to LP it.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Hello again! I'm sorry for delay, but there is So. Much. Typing. in this LP. Our agenda for this year is sneaking outside -> study life sciences -> sportsball -> repeat

At least it would be, but sneaking is not yet available, so we start with life sciences. As you will see, I didn't managed to keep our schedule in this update, but I'll do my best to keep it next time, when we have all jobs unlocked.

: For today's lesson we'll start with fun group project! You'll be studying the Mushtree, a prominent natural resource native to Vertumna. In the ideal condition it can grow at a speed of over a meter a day, and add a diameter of up to 30 centimeters. Your team will experiment to find those ideal conditions!

Thankfully, Vertumna colonists leaving their cultural heritage behind means imperial system is out. No more "this colony is size of two football stadiums and you can reach next one in time of five school shootings" nonsense. Also meet Hal. His full name is Halitosis, which means bad breath. I guess that's one way to name yourself...

We didn't really had a chance to speak with neither Tang nor Cal yet, but we will soon.

: What if we used water instead of soil? Like they do with hydroponics?

As much as I love the idea of singing to mushrooms, lowering PH sounds much more practical.

Every day you rush into the classroom to check on its progress. At first there's nothing, but by midweek your little mushtree shoots sprouts and starts its journey.

In the end, yours is in the middle of the pack. Seeing as mushtrees don't usually grow where there is spark snow, you are able to conclude they probably don't like acid.

Now here's the gameplay part. Game is kind enough to explain us the mechanics... not that there is much to explain.

As I mentioned, every card is a memory, so our memories are... kinda basic as of now. Still, it's enough to win.

To be honest, we don't even need to win. It just give us bonus to skill (higher score = higher bonus, but rarely bigger than 2 or 3). Kinda wish this whole card minigame was more important.

I'm sorry we haven't seen much of you, little gooseberry.

Your mom watches you as she works a pebble out of her gardening tiller which also serves as crutch.

It's hard to see, but our mum has artificial leg - appearently not so great seeing how she still need crutch.

How have you been holding up?

I learned some new stuff at school!

I'm glad to hear it. I want you to study hard, work hard, and stay out of trouble.

Strangely conservative view for a colony of space hippies.

And Professor Hal will give you some kudos if you get good grades. You can spend those at the depot once it's open!

Your dad smiles

You know, I think there are lots of different ways to learn, and school is just one of them. You can learn from working on a hobby or by helping a friend.

We'll be proud of you no matter what you do. Try talking to your friends, they may have ideas how you can spend your time

New job unlocked! As I mentioned, this one focus on animals, biology, toughness and friendship with Cal, also helps unlock another agricultural-related jobs.

Usually the first thing we do every month is to check if any of our friends has something new to tell us. Just like Anemone here.

We are not tough enough to do fancy tricks, but at least we can not embarass ourselves.

Sportsball unlocked! Appearently it's some sort of volleyball and basketball crossover, judging by look of court behind Anemone. Anyway, I think I know what we are going to do this month.

But first, another talk to mom and dad. There's always time to talk to you parents. Have you called your mom and dad recently?

You know, just playing in the fresh air.

Vertumna is magnificent, isn't it? I missed seasons. Back on Earth, it got much, much colder. And the snow wasn't half as pretty as our spark snow.

He sighs, stretching.

You just wait until Dust season, both the suns will be high in the sky and it will be real hot then. You'll see!

Let's check what Mom is doing.

She points towards the Engineering wing, in the back half of Stratospheric's severed frame.

Professor Hal is still expecting you in class. But... a well rounded education includes practical application. You're old enough to help with the work around here.

What are you doing in Geoponics?

She looks down and nudges at a sprout growing between her feet. It's green, color of Earth plants.

We're doing our best, but it hasn't been easy. I just hope the potatoes and corn can handle the weather here. I hear it rains like hell here in the Wet season.

I mean, I would be surprised if there was any drought in season literally called "Wet".

You are growing fast, Clarity, but you're still too young for real farming. Instead... well, there's a lot of soil that need to be hauled.

What is happening in Engineering?

Hal's teaching classes on Life Science, Engineering and Humanities. If you pass all your tests, maybe he'll let you work there in few years. Your father thinks you are old enough that school is optional. I don't agree but... I'll be honest with you. We do need every pair of hands we can get. If you want to work with me here in Geoponics, I'd suggest studying Life Science. If you don't have a good grasp of biology and ecology, I'm going to stick you on shovel duty!

And what can I do in the Quarters?

If you need a break you can visit the lounge and see your friends. But I don't want to see you lounging around all the time! You need to work hard, too!

Before you ask, yes, it's possible to dick around in lounge your entire life and still finish the game. It's called "hobbyist ending" or something like that.

What's going on in Command?

I think Seeq said they need someone to deliver supplies from the depot. They're also setting a shop there, if you got some Kudos to spend. And of course that's where Captain Eudicot - I mean, Governor Eudicot works. But you shouldn't bother her... she's a busy woman and she doesn't have your mother's patience with kids.

You try not to giggle. Your mom isn't usually known for her patience.

Can I join expeditions?

Oh, you are too young to leave the colony. It's dangerous. Your father would be worried.

Somehow I doubt that it is Dad who would object to us leaving colony.

There's so much we still don't know about the world out there. Let the adults find out, then maybe you can join them in few years, when you are older. For now, stay inside walls.

There are two more people who want to talk with us. First is Marzipan, who usually stands near command center, but i forgot to take a screenshot.

Yeah, that's Marz for you. She literally augumented herself to be unable to feel shame. No, I am not kidding.

Get them yourself!

Marz huffs and rolls her eyes.

Ugh, I don't even know why I asked! If you ever want to actually be useful, go talk to Administrator Seeq. They are looking for people to work, and I'm just, like, uh, no? I am way too busy.

Too busy fetching my own soysweets.

Charming.

Next is Tammy, who is exact opposite of Marz.

No voting here, we were her friends and I'm not going to accept any other option.

Anytime, sister.

Okay, time for some monthly activities. Today in menu: sportsball!

Obviously my girl Tammy is my first choice.

I'm sure you are going to be great player!

I would sooner pick Jeff Bezos than Marz.

With Cal and Tammy I guess we are playing defensive.

Here we go!

The only difference between story challenges and normal ones is that story challenges are longer (three parts, each with new cards) and sometimes have special fields (like "turn this card yellow"). Also I think that Dys's Secret is our first card with special ability, +2 bonus as long as it is first or last card.

One...

Two...

And three.

The winner is us!

I knew Tammy is going to be MVP. :3

Now after story challenge we also get the normal one... but honestly I don't see a point with screencaping ALL challenges, as they are getting pretty boring after two or three times. Unless you decide otherwise, I am going to screencap only challenges with some interesting card or the hardest ones.

Anyway, we spend Midquiet playing sportsball, we deserve some rest.

Go f yourself, Marz.

But what if... if these things didn't happened, but will happen someday?

Because "I have secret powers" is much more fun than "parents forcing me to go to therapy because of my delusions". Do we even have therapist here?

You hope that, like Professor Hal's hash browns, they don't all come true.

Tangent finally came out of her basement and decided to touch grass.

Literally.

Then let's make our own list!

I make sure that ugliest plant with most foul smell is now officially called Marzipanus horribilis

Now let's see if Cal is ready to talk to us.

Appearently he is!

Maybe hoverboards don't work outside? Different magnetic field or something?

Oh, they totally do! I've been all over the place on this thing. Hovering outside is rad - look at this!

He run over to a small depression in a nearby hill and presents it like it's something amazing.

Look at this! It's a skate bowl!

Cool! Can I try?

Now let's see what we can do, seeing how gates are still... wait a second.

Look at that, the gates are finally open! Does it mean we can leave?

Figures. Besides, neither our muscles nor our balls are big enough to even suggest leaving. We really need to grind some Toughness and Brave.

Also, meet Uncle Tonin, Tammy's dad. His full name is Melatonin, and he's basically adult version of Tammy.

Another sportsball match it is!

This time we don't get separate story challenge, only short flavour text with no choices.

At this point game gives us opportunity to pick harder challenges, which is pointless, as mechanics and cards stay the same, it's just goals that are harder to reach. It's like games where "higher difficulty level" means all enemies are HP sponges, but there are no other changes. It doesn't make game harder, just more tedious.

We can also skip challenges at all, but perhaps there is someone out there who wants to see 2137 iterations of "put cards in right order", so I didn't picked it.

No surprise here.

Quiet is over, replaced by Pollen season (spring). Also, Dys has something to say to us.

...sort of.

Sit down with him.

They say that true friend isn't a person who you are comfortable to talk with, but the one with whom you can just sit down, shut the gently caress up and stay silent without it being weird.

Guess what are we doing this month?

You guessed right.

Guess who's being a bitch again?

You guessed right. With enough Persuasion we could talked some sense into her, but it is much funnier just ignore her.

She doesn't even care anyway.

Nothing new here, except "Set neighbour to this value" card which has great synergy with "+X to this card" fields and actually makes you use more than 1 brain cell. Perhaps even three.

One step closer to expeditions! We earned ourselves a little nap.

Um, since you are awake, you should visit the cafeteria. Auntie Seedent is making a new kind of candy... she says it's made of cotton. Isn't that weird? I have to go tidy the creche first, then I'll meet you there! Save some for me, OK?

Tammy asked us to get her some cotton candy, but perhaps we should go with her instead? Your choice.

Szarrukin fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 24, 2022

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Sure. Go get the candy.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
candy is the devil, help our friend clean up instead

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Szarrukin posted:

But first, another talk to mom and dad. There's always time to talk to you parents. Have you called your mom and dad recently?

Yup. They were over yesterday. My wife cooked, my father and my son watched cricket. My son got stressed out over it, it was hilarious.

Get Candy, I think.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Szarrukin posted:

Strangely conservative view for a colony of space hippies.

From a hippie family, mostly hang out with hippies/punks/communists these days. It's pretty common tbh! There's a significant portion of that spectrum of politics who get there from an abstract principled distaste for the form of the current state of affairs, and they mingle pretty freely with people who got there from people who are ok with the form of the state of affairs but they don't like the content of the state of affairs. "Cops are bad because you shouldn't violently force people to do things" vs "cops are bad because they are enforcing bad laws," basically.

Let's help Tammy clean up.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This game owns

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Get that candy, make all our teeth fall out

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
I don't want any candy without our pal, Tammy. We can go get some candy together when we're done cleaning the creche.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I just wanna make a dissenting vote here and say that I love Marz. :allears:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
No candy for us. The fact that it's made of cotton is surely suspect.

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Quackles posted:

I just wanna make a dissenting vote here and say that I love Marz. :allears:
Me too, she looks cool and it absolutely rules that she deliberately augmented herself to feel no shame. What moxie

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Friends come before candy, or Hoes before Ho-Ho's

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

cardinale posted:

Me too, she looks cool and it absolutely rules that she deliberately augmented herself to feel no shame. What moxie

Not actually the case! These augmentations were applied while gene-engineering the eggs our generation came from. Like our parents chose to ask for a calm temperament for Clarity, Marz's parents asked to give her shamelessness. They might have had some social background reasons for such a bold choice, who knows.

It is, however, the case that Marz is the best (one of).

Also, food made from cotton sounds sus, we'll ignore the weird candy.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Lokapala posted:

Not actually the case! These augmentations were applied while gene-engineering the eggs our generation came from. Like our parents chose to ask for a calm temperament for Clarity, Marz's parents asked to give her shamelessness. They might have had some social background reasons for such a bold choice, who knows.

It is, however, the case that Marz is the best (one of).

I just wanted to be on her side because I'm a short, weedy sort of guy, and wanted to be with the big, tough kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I vote to get cotton candy for Tammy.

Also, cool note about Geranium: the default name for the protagonist is Solanaceae, which is a term for a whole family of plants (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solanaceae)-every plant he nicknames the protag with comes from the Solanaceae family because Geranium is a nerd.