Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Saltines with american cheese melted in the microwave

peanut butter sandwiches

ramen, so much ramen

rice a roni with chicken nuggets mixed in

beer instead of eating anything

mac n cheese + refried beans

a whole bag of chips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

coffee and cigarettes for breakfast

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Dinty Moore beef stew with rice

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
tostitos with generic brand shredded mexican cheese and a little bit of pace picante in the microwave

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

"Bar-S" brand meats

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
TOstinis Party Pizzas, the hosed up ones that come in a square

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Fast food in the traditional sense is too expensive for the impoverished .. The hot snacks at 7/11 arw the only real value left

I must have eaten thousands of $1 dbl cheeseburgers over the years but everything at fast food is like $1.79+ these days

----------------

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Fast food in the traditional sense is too expensive for the impoverished .. The hot snacks at 7/11 arw the only real value left

I must have eaten thousands of $1 dbl cheeseburgers over the years but everything at fast food is like $1.79+ these days

Gas station near me always takes the food out of the hot case at the end of the day and sells it in a gallon ziplock bag in the cold case next day for real cheap

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ziv Zulander posted:

Gas station near me always takes the food out of the hot case at the end of the day and sells it in a gallon ziplock bag in the cold case next day for real cheap

haha holy poo poo that's ratchet

----------------

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
at my poorest i was renting a room and couldnt cook so i went to a buffet that was $8 and absolutely gorged myself and snuck some food to take with. Then i'd skip a day and i'd come back 48hrs after the first meal. so it was 3.5 buffet trips/week

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Chef Boyardee raised me. #chefmom

put doritos in those peanut butter sandwiches, next level poo poo.

----------------

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

A single pepperoni and a couple shreds of mozzarella cheese on a saltine, microwaved.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Ziv Zulander posted:

rice a roni with chicken nuggets mixed in

i like to microwave frozen veggies and mix them into rice a roni

then i mix in hot sauce

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
tortilla + refried beans + shredded cheese

nuke just long enough to melt the cheese

add lettuce & hot sauce

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
sandwich: two slices of dollar loaf of bread from wal-mart, two slices american cheese, squirt of mustard betwixt them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
tinas red hot beef burritos (eaten for 2/3rds of meals)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Meat Bologna

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

tortilla + refried beans + shredded cheese

nuke just long enough to melt the cheese

add lettuce & hot sauce

fills ya right up.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao i guess tortilla chips and shredded "mexi-blend" cheese in the microwave is not as rare as i thought

if i'm using refried beans on the chips i'll just put the plate in the oven to warm it all through

this and peanut butter on saltines are my go-to

----------------

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

i say swears online posted:

lmao i guess tortilla chips and shredded "mexi-blend" cheese in the microwave is not as rare as i thought

still do it on Sundays when I'm watching football sometimes too

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I like tortilla chips with shredded Mexican cheese and pace picante sauce lol

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
One third of a can of beans (I use kidney), an egg and whatever can of soup you like for the dollar store. Spice it with whatever you like. Really cheap, and pretty healthy.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

TOstinis Party Pizzas, the hosed up ones that come in a square

miss when you can get ten or more for :10bux: and they came in round shapes, still my fav frozen pizza and you can eat it without feeling like poo poo after

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AARD VARKMAN posted:

tinas red hot beef burritos (eaten for 2/3rds of meals)

Yes these are the ones

halokiller posted:

miss when you can get ten or more for :10bux: and they came in round shapes, still my fav frozen pizza and you can eat it without feeling like poo poo after

Haha I was gonna say the opposite, all the foodstuff byproducts would tear me up even back in college. Still tasty and a great value though

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when I'm rich I'm gonna stock my freezer with Amy's enchiladas

----------------

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Mac and Cheese with canned tuna

e: I actually had someone at work do this for lunch nearly daily, it has to be awful…

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

eightysixed posted:

e: I actually had someone at work do this for lunch nearly daily, it has to be awful…

Nah tuna mac is legit

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

eightysixed posted:

Have to add the cream of mushroom soup and peas to make proper welfare casserole.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ziv Zulander posted:

Nah tuna mac is legit

can of Wolf instead tho

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

"Poverty food", "hangover food", and "depression food" are creating quite an impressive diagram.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hangover food in my city is now ribeye strips over eggs benedict with truffendaise sauce

----------------

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Old style Mama Celeste pizzas with the paper foil disk. gently caress the new wet doughy style.

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
someone told me meatloaf is poor people food

i love meatloaf slathered in ketchup

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

you can tell that someone to gently caress off, ground chuck is $6/lb

----------------

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

a sexual elk posted:

Old style Mama Celeste pizzas with the paper foil disk. gently caress the new wet doughy style.

Yeah I had one of these recently and it was basically inedible. Literally zero reason to get one over a Totinos.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

you can tell that someone to gently caress off, ground chuck is $6/lb

you stretch the ground beef out w old bread

50% bread and that meatloaf is more like $3/lb :eng101:

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah you pad the meat out with bread crumbs or oats. that's what you're supposed to do with meatloaf anyway.

put some sawdust in there, no one will know.

----------------

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

a sexual elk posted:

god i miss the old mama celeste

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
spaghetti + butter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Spaghetti in general, or at least when ground beef was cheap. Dollar can (yes can, usually Hunts, Ragu was for rich folks) of sauce, <$1 for noodles, the cheapest pound of ground meat you could find, leftover pizza cheese packets to top it. 2-3 meals, depending on how you ate, for less than four bucks. If you got fancy, toast some cheap white bread, then butter it and sprinkle with garlic salt.

"Stew," aka vegetable beef soup. Same pound of ground beef browned, then add a can of green beans, can of corn, can of carrots, can of mixed vegetables, can of crushed tomato, and a chopped up potato or two. A cube of beef bouillon would not go amiss. Eat with cheap saltines. This would last several meals and freeze well.

Pinto beans. Throw a diced onion in the pot, boil until beans were tender (4-5 hours). Pretty much anything in the spice rack would go well in them. If you were fancy, you'd buy the cheap package of ham chunks to go in it, or hot links, or bacon (one particular time whole chickens were 59 cents a pound, I bought two, cut them up, and threw the leftover carcasses in the beans for flavor.) Pickled jalapenos really added to it, couple of peppers and some of the vinegar from the jar. Make $1 prepackaged cornmeal to go with it. Another one that made several meals, and you could stretch it with rice.

Chicken leg quarters are always cheap. Mix a can or two of cream of mushroom with rice and a little water, put the leg quarters on top, bake until done. For some reason, no matter how much salt you add before it cooks, it will always need more when done.

Tuna, dollop of mayo, eat with saltines. Always get tuna in oil, it tastes better and has more calories for the dollar.

A can of corned beef hash with bread. Fry an egg easy over to go on top, plenty of hot sauce.

The mayonnaise sandwich. Two slices of cheap white bread, thick layer of mayo in between. Eat with a towel over your face to hide your shame from God.