Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Mayonnaise goes great on fries. And honestly, I've never been a big fan of ketchup. Vinegar is also very good on them.

BBQ sauce though - wonderful. Now I kind of want to do a side-by-side of some different franchises to see who has the best BBQ sauce. Has any goon done this already?

Buffalo sauce - also fantastic.

Chick-fil-A sauce - pretty good, but maybe a tad bit overrated; still A-tier.

A friend of mine really liked Taco Bell's lava sauce, but I'm not sure if I ever had it. Was it good? Did they ever bring it back?

Alright, those are some sauces. Tell me the ones that I missed that are great. Or terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

A Wendy's Frosty is great for fries.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Not a chain, but theres an empanada place near me that makes their own sauce which is really good.

Apparently the owner uses some kind of plant that she originally smuggled in from south america in order to make it

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
horsey sauce is pretty flippin good, but I never go there to get any.

Chinese mustard (even the stuff that comes in packs) and sweet and sour sauce are both also very good.

Thai peanut sauce

Roasted garlic aoili

Something like a dill and ranch or dill yogurt sauce is great for dipping veggies (either raw or something deep fried like mushrooms) in

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
McDonalds BBQ sauce is loving peak

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Rarity posted:

It is pretty solid, for sure. Especially considering how many places can't do even passable BBQ. Looking at you Wendy's and Arby's.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
good fry sauce is bomb as gently caress

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

BigBeefCity posted:

horsey sauce

i got a bottle of it last time i was at wal mart and i like it better on home made subs/sandwiches than other brands of horseradish mayo i've tried

love the berry sauce you cna get with the jalapeno poppers too, do they still make that? havent had arbys in ages

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
They still have Bronco Berry, it's actually the best sauce to get with their chicken nuggets.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
BK Zesty Sauce owns

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

good fry sauce is bomb as gently caress

quote:

Fry sauce
Food
Fry sauce is a condiment often served with French fries or tostones in many places in the world. It is usually a combination of one part tomato ketchup and two parts mayonnaise. Wikipedia
Main ingredients: Ketchup, mayonnaise
Region or state: Utah

Seems pretty simple. Maybe I'll give it a try.

In Europe, at least in Germany, they have "American sauce" / "hamburger sauce" / "hotdog sauce" - I don't know the difference, but all of them taste like expired mayonnaise and are actively the worst things I have ever tasted.

There was a restaurant somewhere in Belgium where you could get a massive cone of fries, and they had like 30 different sauces for your fries. More places need a place like this.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Apparently the owner uses some kind of plant that she originally smuggled in from south america in order to make it

Probably guasca, which I can’t get in the UK either, so my ajiaco is never correct.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
been doing a lot of Dippin' with this stuff recently. good poo poo.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
love dippin fries in ranch

but its gotta be a good ranch and not the generic ranch that tastes like chemicals

mcdonalds fries w/ heinz ketchup packets somehow always tastes better than my bottled heinz at home. like a ton. totally different flavor.

arby's bronco berry w/ jalapeno poppers is amazinnnnngg

Philthy fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 17, 2022

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Sweet Baby Rays fixes generic crinkle cut fries like nothing else.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Do they have curry dipping sauce at McDonald's in the US? It's kind of mild in flavor, but it's a nice option that I like getting.

They really need more spicy options.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Shadow0 posted:

Do they have curry dipping sauce at McDonald's in the US? It's kind of mild in flavor, but it's a nice option that I like getting.

They really need more spicy options.

nope, wish we did tho

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
appreciate that every time we go to wendys the spouse doesn't want any sauce with their nuggets, so i'm steadily stockpiling extra ghost pepper ranch cups

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
blackened ranch

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Rarity posted:

I found it a bit too sweet, but granted it's been a while. The Hot Mustard is pretty good—I'll dump that on Junior Chicken's sometimes.

barnold posted:

blackened ranch
Man all the Popeye's dips are great. I had the Honey Mustard yesterday and it was the perfect amount of heat. Was expecting the Sweet Heat to be more spicy, but was still great.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Man all the Popeye's dips are great. I had the Honey Mustard yesterday and it was the perfect amount of heat. Was expecting the Sweet Heat to be more spicy, but was still great.

Mardi Gras Mustard!

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I’m throwing out my three votes:

1.) Ketchup mixed with Old Bay
2.) Vinegar
3.) Whatever falls off of your lovely burg.

Alternatively, just get up to speed and put the fries ON the burger :getin:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Honey mustard is a top-tier sauce.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
For the fellow degenerates who like dipping their fries in mayo, Mcormick mayonesa (With Lime Juice!) is the best for it. IMHO.

----------------

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I was always partial to the Thomy delikatess mayo to dip my fronch fries in. learned about that while living in deutschland

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

barnold posted:

deutschland

:getin:

----------------

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

nothing like a scharf curry ketchup. i also really like knoblauch sauce which was another germany revelation

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
i definitely need to try curry ketchup. that sounds fantastic

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I tried the McD’s hot mustard today and it was bad I didn’t like it one bit.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

the important thing is that it is uniquely bad, it's like no other mustard sauce on the fuckin planet

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

Mayonnaise goes great on fries. And honestly, I've never been a big fan of ketchup. Vinegar is also very good on them.

BBQ sauce though - wonderful. Now I kind of want to do a side-by-side of some different franchises to see who has the best BBQ sauce. Has any goon done this already?

Buffalo sauce - also fantastic.

Chick-fil-A sauce - pretty good, but maybe a tad bit overrated; still A-tier.

A friend of mine really liked Taco Bell's lava sauce, but I'm not sure if I ever had it. Was it good? Did they ever bring it back?

Alright, those are some sauces. Tell me the ones that I missed that are great. Or terrible.

Taco Bell has a secret fifth sauce only pro tier Bell connoisseurs know about.

BoastfulVirus
Jun 13, 2013

Chipotle sauce is always a fan favourite of mine.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Inspired by the saccharine dogshit that is the marinara at Sonic and BK (especially when you consider how pricy and probably gross this and even this is,) I did the smartest thing I've ever done in my life:

It's not Rao's but it's some kind of equally expensive stuff and it's going in the freezer for future mozz sticks. Marinara: the true best dipping sauce???

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Inspired by the saccharine dogshit that is the marinara at Sonic and BK (especially when you consider how pricy and probably gross this and even this is,) I did the smartest thing I've ever done in my life:

It's not Rao's but it's some kind of equally expensive stuff and it's going in the freezer for future mozz sticks. Marinara: the true best dipping sauce???

they have the heinz one at the café at my job, got some with my sticks and I do not recommend. Marinara has high highs and low lows.

----------------

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Chief McHeath posted:

I tried the McD’s hot mustard today and it was bad I didn’t like it one bit.

just take a dozen from a chinese buffet next time and keep at home

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There is something about the manufacturing process that makes Eegees (local mediocre sub/excellent frozen beverage chain) ranch dressing taste very very good even though it's literally made from hidden valley ranch packets.

I really liked McDonalds signature sauce but it is discontinued. Wendy's changed their BBQ sauce. I like Carl's BBQ sauce but for nuggets they changed it. Geeze.

I guess Arby's sauce is my favorite remaining sauce? Their three pepper sauce is very good too but you can only get it by going inside.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Rick posted:

Their three pepper sauce is very good too but you can only get it by going inside.

yeah why the gently caress haven't they packaged that yet, it's a totally unique sauce and it blends pretty dang well with horsey!!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

red robin used to have a peppercorn sauce i would get on the side for my giant red robin fries and i can't find a knockoff recipe for it anywhere

NoSlacking
Dec 23, 2022
Theres a specific brand of condiments you get in the UK called Crucials that you often find at roadside butty vans and fairgrounds, which is objectively bad but for some reason is always delicious on whatever you put it on.

Other than ketchup, this will probably be the one that most people recognise. The sight of this fills you at once with excitment and with fear for the state of your bowels in the following 2 to 3 hours

NoSlacking fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I had some McNuggets last night mostly because I didn't want NYE festivities on an empty stomach, and the honey mustard was more honey than mustard, and it was absolutely disgusting.

I vaguely remember posting this in a chicken nugget/finger-related thread, but honey mustard with a dash of ketchup is my go-to dipping sauce (that mixture with the McD's honey mustard was abhorrent though).