Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

"ZYRTEC THE OBSEQUIOUS DEMANDS SUCCOR!"

The concierge behind the desk gave a weary smile, WizCon was always like this. "Yes sir, you can check in right over here." The wizard didn't move, instead looking around confusedly. A quiet sigh was just audible, then the long suffering attendant projected their voice and threw their hands out.

"GATHER YE ALL WHO SEEK REFUGE FROM THE TEMPEST OF MUNDANITY! HARK, HEAR MY CALL WIZENED ONE, KNOWER OF THE SECRET NAMES!"

The wizard clucked their tongue and hobbled over, their luggage growing legs and scurrying along underfoot, taking out a bellhop in the process. "Ah, at last! So hard to find service here, I require aid, humble page."

At least it was just the weekend.

---

Welcome to Exquisite Wizards Mafia!

This is a role-madness Mafia game for 15 players. It is also a bit of an experiment in modding; roles for this game were designed around a central theme and in a turn-based, semi-blind fashion by a team of five mods (wologar, Somberbrero, Cloacamazing!, Hyper Crab Tank and me, Shellception) mimicking the Exquisite Corpse writing game. The result was then (very mildly) touched up, checked for incoherences and balance, and flavor was written around it. This means that flavor will be written and handed by any of us indistinctly; you'll very probably be able to tell who wrote this or that, but it's all a unified experiment.

It is also, first of all, a Mafia game. So I'd recommend not worrying much about it, and just enjoy the trip.

----
General rules

Rule zeroth: If you ever encounter anything or anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable, threatened, abused, angry, or even unsure of how you feel, there are many people here, both within and outside of the SA Mafia community, who are happily willing to listen, provide support, and enact change to make the community better for everyone. Here is a short list of only some of the people that other players have suggested as a resource that you should never hesitate to contact: Leperflesh and Antivehicular (current Traditional Games Mods), VoodooFly, Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Wologar, Maerlyn, EccoRaven, CCKeane, Cloacamazing!, Opopanax, Sandwolf, Shellception, or whoever else you feel safer talking to!
    - Don't be a jerk.

- Don't edit your posts.

- Post at least 10 times in a game day or you'll get a lurker warning. Do it again under a lurker warning and The Loo will take care of you. There is no escape.

2. No Krells. Sorry Krell.

2) No unsanctioned out of thread communication about the game.

3) No copy-pasting any out of thread info into the thread, especially not your role PM. Paraphrasing is generally fine, when in doubt ask your mods.

4) Do not post after the hammer.

5. You're allowed to post through day actions.

6. Flavor is just flavor.

7. No replacements after D2.

• Night action results will generally be along the lines "Your action was successful", "Your action failed", and/or "Your target did X." Don't read too much into night action flavor and be aware that an action resolving successfully does not necessarily mean it resolved the way you intended!

• In general, do not expect to be able to solve the game through flavor.

Don't be an rear end to people. You don't have to be all nice and friendly all the time, but if things get too heated, please disconnect, calm down and come back later. Again, mod team is here to ensure everyone has fun, but I'd particularly not like needing to tell posters to chill. Be mindful of the person at the other side of the screen!

Game features no alignment changes, no jesters, and no other mod-bastard stuff.

10. There could be a death miller, but there isn't.

---

Mechanics

Eliminations will be by majority vote with hammer once majority is reached. No-elimination days are possible.

Nights will be as much as 24h long from hammer. If all night actions are in before deadline and there are no objections from any players, next day will start early with the extra time allotted in. Days will begin inmediately after nights end, with the deadline being roughly 48/72 h later.

Days end at hammer and thread will be closed at night; if it is not, please do not post in it after the night banner is posted.

Town wins when all threats to town are eliminated. Scum wins when they hold control over the vote. Everyone else wins according to their particular win conditions!

---

Is this game balanced?

lol

---
Join the Discord!
---
Player List!

1. AnonymousNarcotics (they/them)
  2. Captain Foo (he/him)
  3. CubicalSucrose
  4. Infinitum
  5. Johnny Keats
  6. Maugrim (He/him)
  7. MockingQuantum (He/him)
  8. NeverHelm (He/Him)
  9. Punkreas
  10. Sandwolf (He/Him) My Second Re-Reg
  11. shwiffles (he/him)
  12. SporkChan
  13. Tired Moritz
  14. Yami Fenrir Nep-Nep (She/Her)
  15. Zoya

Shellception fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I put on my robe and wizard hat

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
"Mr. (And/or Mrs. And/or Ms.) Wizard, get me the hell outta here!" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgLaU-NJ2pI

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
You have my attention.

As long as you can promise me it's actually mafia.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
While it may be many things, it is definitely mafia. The wizards promise that, at least.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Yami Fenrir posted:

You have my attention.

:smugwizard:

It is.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
sure unless someone else wants me spot

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is there a discord or somesuch to join?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
You can tell five people revised this :P https://discord.gg/qqC5fr82

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I’ll play if shwiff plays

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

In

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Yami Fenrir posted:

You have my attention.

I can promise you it's going to be magickal.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
As long as it starts after Cookfia (or after I get killed in Cookfia), I'm in.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oseM5Zxgg78

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I will play

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yes pls if there's room

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Captain Foo posted:

I’ll play if shwiff plays

u got it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:q:

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
I'd like some magic powers, please. If there's still any left.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Can l be an unspoiled observer? Still feel too busy to take on this much maf, but I could wait in the wings and see if that's still the case if a backup's needed

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
I wanna be a wizzzzzzzzard!

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i cast magic missile

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Zoya posted:

i cast magic missile

this is the only spell they taught me, unfortunately

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

SporkChan posted:

As long as it starts after Cookfia (or after I get killed in Cookfia), I'm in.

It looks like they will run at the same time, are you OK with that?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ok

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Annnnd we full!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Things seemed to be business as usual at WizCon. As the first day drew to a close, three duels had been fought, one wizard banned from the con for turning a staff member into a newt and someone had conjured up a whirlpool right in the middle of the lobby. Around 4 am the last attendants passed out in their hotel rooms after a particularly long bout of midnight rituals. Everything was quiet. Or so it seemed...

Early in the morning, a panicked scream woke the entire hotel up. The attendants ran towards it in various states of undress, causing even more panicked screams to occur and wake up even more people. Finally, every person in the hotel was gathered around the terrible crime scene. There, in a yellow puddle, lay one of the attendants...

Maerlyn, 3 Pee-aligned Pisstopher the Whizzard has been gruesomely murdered!

Sprayed behind him was the message "STOP INJECTING YOUR loving PISS FETISH INTO EVERY GAME YOU PERVERT!" in giant red letters.

The hotel manager sighed. This was going to take a while to clean up.

💫Day 1 starts now! 48 hours to deadline!💫

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

D1 voting gimmick for this 5-mod game. Today I'll only vote for these 5 players: ANarc, Foo, Infi, Shwinn, Yami. If any of those five can divine the logic behind that group, I will instead NOT vote for them. If someone else not on the list tries to guess, I will add them to the list of people I'll vote for today. No spoiling, Wizard deductive power only!

As usual I'll hammer anyone to avoid a no-elim.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (15): AnonymousNarcotics, Captain Foo, CubicalSucrose, Infinitum, Johnny Keats, Maugrim, MockingQuantum, NeverHelm, Punkreas, Sandwolf, shwinnebego, SporkChan, Tired Moritz, Yami Fenrir, Zoya

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 28th, 2023 at 3 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##vote Captain Foo haven't been able to do that on SA before!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

##vote zoya

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

As far as the opening flip is concerned scum are the good guys imo

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

fun fact about wizards and me, i once attended a convention equipped with recorders from the Guinness Book of World Records and we broke the record for largest gathering of wizards (the Guinness staff would determine whether someone was a wizard or not based on the 'reasonable person' standard, if I recall correctly)

Our record was subsequently destroyed the following year

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

shwinnebego posted:

##vote Captain Foo haven't been able to do that on SA before!

I was thinking about this but figured it would have been too so i instead went for a positional opening vote

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i cast magic turbo missile ##vote captain foo

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Yami Fenrir posted:

As far as the opening flip is concerned scum are the good guys imo

LOOK AT WHAT THEY TOOK FROM US

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

I was thinking about this but figured it would have been too so i instead went for a positional opening vote

CFoo we haven't played together before (I think).

If you were scum, who would you NK?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CubicalSucrose posted:

D1 voting gimmick for this 5-mod game. Today I'll only vote for these 5 players: ANarc, Foo, Infi, Shwinn, Yami. If any of those five can divine the logic behind that group, I will instead NOT vote for them. If someone else not on the list tries to guess, I will add them to the list of people I'll vote for today. No spoiling, Wizard deductive power only!

As usual I'll hammer anyone to avoid a no-elim.

I'm just going to assume the theme is "Handsome and good at maf"

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'M A WIZARD, HARRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I cast 'It is cool and good to vote early, lynch someone, and not have to wait until 2 hours before the deadline to do actual voting'

I also cast 'Turbos are hilarious'

##vote captain foo