Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hope's Peak Academy. An elite private high school, which admits only the best of the best - high school students of immense talent, be it in mundane subjects, like writing or baseball... or unique and unusual talents like gambling, fortune-telling, or being the head of a biker gang.

With amazingly skilled teachers, fantastic events and field trips, and wondrous opportunities, Hope’s Peak is the ultimate training ground for the leaders of tomorrow.

It's perfect, until 16 students are trapped inside the school and told by a robotic stuffed bear that the only way out is to kill each other.

Danganronpa is an experimental mafia-like game for 16 players, where the students must figure which of their number are secretly members of the murderous secret organization, Super Duper High School Despair. On top of that, the mastermind behind the noxious organization lurks behind the scenes, keeping the game running and plotting SDHS Despair’s rise.

:siren: Warning: This is an experimental mafia-like. It may be unbalanced, obnoxious, or just plain un-fun - though I’ve done my best to try and make it as enjoyable as possible. :siren:

The game will be coordinated over my Discord server. Please join if you wish to sign up or observe.

Roles

Mastermind
The Mastermind is the leader of Super Duper High School Despair.
Any student whatsoever could be the Mastermind, no matter who they supposedly are, so beware!

The Mastermind starts the game with the ability to nightkill someone each night. Once the Mastermind dies, the nightkill passes to SDHS Despair members, as detailed below.

The Mastermind wins the game when:
• They are alive, and SDHS Despair members control the vote.
• Everyone dies. (Hey, you never know.)
Clarification: If the Mastermind wins this way, everyone else loses.

Super Duper High School Despair
Of the students trapped in the academy, some have thrown their lot in with Super Duper High School Despair. Their mission: kill everyone.

Unlike the traditional “scum” role, members of SDHS Despair do not start with the ability to nightkill. Instead, they gain it once the Mastermind dies. SDHS Despair members cannot kill other members of their team.

Members of SDHS Despair win when they have removed all threats to their team - and the Mastermind is dead. (If the MM is alive, they steal the credit.)

Structure

Every game day, people will discuss and vote to determine who they think is the Mastermind, or at least a member of SDHS Despair. This game will use plurality voting - getting a majority of votes does not end the day. Instead, the day will end after 48 47 hours, and the player with the most votes will be messily executed. In the event of a tie, all tied players will be messily executed, so be careful!

It is possible to vote for ‘no execution’. If this has the most votes (without any ties), or no one votes at all, nobody will be executed during the day phase.

After the day phase, the game proceeds to the night phase, where shadows skulk around the school and people get murdered. The night phase lasts 24 hours. Anyone with the nightkill must use it during this phase.

After that - the day begins again.

When the player count becomes low enough, the length of the day phase will be reduced to 24 hours. There will be a notice in the thread when this happens.

Note: Days end at 11 PM Pacific Daylight Time (UTC-7), and nights turn back to days at midnight Pacific Daylight Time.

Flips

Once someone dies, a quick investigation will easily reveal whether or not they are the Mastermind. However, this investigation will not reveal whether the dead person is a SDHS Despair member. This information will only be revealed at the end of the game. Do your best.

Lurkers

Please post a meaningful amount of discussion, analysis, or other content each game day. This is left to moderator discretion - I shall do my best not to be a butt about it, though. A good guideline is three paragraphs of text a day for a normal-length day.

If I have to warn you more than twice, you will probably be modkilled.

This rule does not apply on Day 1.

Quackles’ Basic Rules of Mafia Games

1. Do not quote, screencap, etc. any messages received privately, until the game is over.
This includes private channels, DMs, etc.

2. Don't edit your posts in gameplay channels, or the thread.

3. If you are out of the game, don't talk in the thread, or any gameplay channel other than the observer channel.

Hope's Peak High School Class Roster:
  1. Bifauxnen (Mondo Owada, SDHS Outlaw Biker - Survived)
  2. CubicalSucrose (Celestia Ludenberg, SDHS High Roller - Survived)
  3. fool of sound (Leon Kuwata, SDHS All-Star - Survived)
  4. Natural 20 (Kazuichi Soda, SDHS Mechanic - Survived)
  5. Punkreas (Gundham Tanaka, SDHS Animal Breeder - Survived)
  6. saladscooper (Aoi Asahina, SDHS Swimmer - Survived)
  7. Tired Moritz (Sayaka Maizono, SDHS Pop Star - Survived)
  8. Toalpaz (Ryoma Hoshi, SDHS Tennis Pro - Survived)
  9. JosefStalinator (Yasuhiro Hagakure, SDHS Fortune-Teller - Executed Day 1)
  10. AFancyQuestionMark (Tsumugi Shirogane, SDHS Cosplayer - Murdered Night 1)
  11. mycelia Sub Rosa (Hajime Hinata, SDHS ??? - Executed Day 2)
  12. Johnny Keats (Chiaki Nanami, SDHS Gamer - Murdered Night 2)
  13. WindwardAway (Himiko Yumeno, SDHS Magician - Executed Day 3)
  14. NeverHelm (Kirumi Tojo, SDHS Maid - Murdered Night 3)
  15. Hal Insandenza (K1-B0, SDHS Robot Mukuro Ikusaba, SDHS Soldier - Mastermind #1 - Executed [Finale])
  16. PhantomMuzzles (Kaede Akamatsu, SDHS Pianist Junko Enoshima, SDHS Despair - Mastermind #2 - Executed [Finale])

Team Danganronpa [Cohosts]: Shellception, Yami Fenrir

School Calendar:

Quackles fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Ooh, I've played some DR-esque forum games before.

Count me in!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I mean I have no reason to not

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
You had me at Experimental.

I have zero familiarity with the subject matter and expect that to continue throughout.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Might as well try this one out as well.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I never thought an average, talentless mafia player like me would ever get to play another game set at Hope's Peak Academy...

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

In

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Assuming this doesn't start literally tomorrow, I can probably join.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It probably won't.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

[funky mystery voice] D-D-DANGANRONPA??

(count me in pls and i apologise in advance for the special interest)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would enjoy this

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Signing under threat of divorce.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'll play, I guess

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

As the Ultimate Mafia Player I hope to be Kyoko

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
sure

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Guess I've got time and energy for this now that I've been blitzed out of two games within 24 hours!

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
I would love to play, if you still have room and would permit me! I am new but enthusiastic and friendly

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I would love to play, if you still have room and would permit me! I am new but enthusiastic and friendly

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

PhantomMuzzles posted:

You're signed up. Good luck!

PS: Don't forget to join the Discord!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I'll join if theres room

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yup! With your signup, just need one more person to start.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
okay Ill play

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Grogginess, blurriness, as each of you wake up to find yourself in Hope's Peak Academy - but not the Hope's Peak Academy you know. The windows have giant metal plates bolted over them, and the front door of the school looks more like a bank vault!

A voice comes over the PA system.

Hey! Heeeey! Is this thing on? Oh, there we go.

This an important announcement from the Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy... Monokuma!

As you all stare, a robotic stuffed bear with a jarring appearance walks into the room. Its voice continues to rebound over the PA.

All 16 of you are stuck in here... for the rest of your lives! Puhuhu.

After pausing for the inevitable reaction, the bear continues.

Oh, you don't like that? Bor-iiiiiing. I was lookin' forward to showcasing my hospitality! But if you do want out of here, I guess there is one way to do it—

You gotta kill someone! Puhuhuhu.

Oh, and don't get caught, of course. Once a body turns up, we'll hold a class trial to see "whodunnit".

Or you could figure out who set all this up, of course. But what are the chances of that?

Have a fun day at school, boys and girls! PuhuhuhuHAHAHAHAHA!

Daily Life - Prologue [Night 0]

The game will begin at midnight Pacific Time.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 24, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The school chimes ring out! Bing-bong, bing-bong. And then Monokuma's voice floats over the PA system.

A body has been discovered!

Sure enough, everyone gathers in the rec room, in time to see, with their face turned blue and their hands around their own throat—

Makoto Naegi, the Super Duper High School Lucky Student, has died Night 0. Who could have done it? It's time... for a class trial!

Let's see if we can catch the villain who did this to poor Naegi...

...and execute them!!

While most students at Hope's Peak have a unique talent, one lucky student is admitted each year by lottery. They get the title of 'Lucky Student' for their trouble.

Though, maybe not so lucky, in this case? Naegi's body is collapsed from where he was playing Clue with someone. Inspecting his body reveals that he... choked on the game's dice? One of them is found in his mouth. A bitter smell testifies that the die was apparently poisoned! And the other die - or the other player - both can't be found.

But who could he have been playing against?

Deadly Life - Prologue ("If You Want Peace, Hope For War") [Day 1] begins now. You have 48 hours.

Today's Music Selection: DISTRUST

Quackles fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Sep 24, 2023

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

All right, which one of you assholes got Komaeda instead of me?!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I don't know anything about these dang rompas.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CubicalSucrose posted:

I don't know anything about these dang rompas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpcl_P9ZTw

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally a game opens at a time convenient for my sleep schedule

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
A... A b-body? This can't be real... It must be a trick, right?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
dont tell anyone but im really into fortune tellers

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Oh dear. It seems plot armor has failed poor Naegi this time.

If anyone is in need of assistance in these trying times, be sure to let me know how I may be of service.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
hmm... the monokuma file says his cause of death was blood loss due to a wound to the chest... and we found a knife sticking out of his chest....

could this be the murder weapon??? idk someone smarter than me figure it out

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

NeverHelm posted:

If anyone is in need of assistance in these trying times, be sure to let me know how I may be of service.

##vote NeverHelm

NEVER TRUST THE ASSISTANT CHARACTER

(this includes Komaeda obviously)

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote NeverHelm

NEVER TRUST THE ASSISTANT CHARACTER

(this includes Komaeda obviously)
I see you are quite agitated, understandably so. Would you like some tea to calm your nerves?

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

NeverHelm posted:

I see you are quite agitated, understandably so. Would you like some tea to calm your nerves?

I'll take some. This is pretty nervewracking stuff. I mean, if a viewpoint character can die, none of us are safe :ohdear:

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

mycelia posted:

I'll take some. This is pretty nervewracking stuff. I mean, if a viewpoint character can die, none of us are safe :ohdear:

Don't accept any tea when someone was just POISONED here!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

NeverHelm posted:

gently caress you, I AM calm! And if I wasn't calm, I'd go relax in the bath, like a man!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bifauxnen posted:

gently caress you, I AM calm! And if I wasn't calm, I'd go relax in the bath, like a man!

aint nothing manlier than kissing other men

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

saladscooper posted:

aint nothing manlier than kissing other men

Goddamn right :hai:

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Don't accept any tea when someone was just POISONED here!

looks down at tea...well, gently caress me. I am not a clever man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

What's up with this bear thing? Is that a mascot, or is the bear like...animatronic?