Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Welcome. This is a game of Mafia but with a little bit of a twist. This is set up for exactly 10 players. In this game, there are no Vanilla players. Here is how the game works.

A murderer is amok! One of the players will be the Lead Investigator. They cannot be killed or voted for. Each morning, the Lead Investigator will mark two players as a Suspect. Then, day will begin and players can only vote for a marked Suspect or choose to vote not to execute. When a day ends, any surviving marked players will no longer be marked as Suspects, but they can be marked again in the future.
Players with investigative roles will be able to investigate each night, but they will not know their own reports. Instead, the Lead Investigator will receive those reports, but not know who is reporting what. A warning to the lead investigator: not all reports may be accurate. Rely on them at your own risk.

Feel free to ask any questions below.

1. EGalz18 (She/Her)
  2. gay for gacha
  3. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  4. merk (he/him)
  5. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  6. PhantomMuzzles (She/Her)
  7. saladscooper (he/him)
  8. shwinnebego (he/him)
  9. Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I sorta thought this would have an actual murder mystery to solve inside of it, but the alternative seems fun anyway so I am signing up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh neat, I would like to play

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
I would like to play for the setup! But... if numbers get met quickly and someone who is especially excited about the flavor is unable to join, I will happily observe too.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
WHAT!?! Me me me me me oh please please I wanna playyyyy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would like to play.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
yeah, ok

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Small game. Mark me as tentatively interested, but if there's a lot more interest let other people play and I'll go unspoiled.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I知 in

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Welcome. This is a game of Mafia but with a little bit of a twist. This is set up for exactly 10 players. In this game, there are no Vanilla players. Here is how the game works.

A murderer is amok! One of the players will be the Lead Investigator. They cannot be killed or voted for. Each morning, the Lead Investigator will mark two players as a Suspect. Then, day will begin and players can only vote for a marked Suspect or choose to vote not to execute. When a day ends, any surviving marked players will no longer be marked as Suspects, but they can be marked again in the future.
Players with investigative roles will be able to investigate each night, but they will not know their own reports. Instead, the Lead Investigator will receive those reports, but not know who is reporting what. A warning to the lead investigator: not all reports may be accurate. Rely on them at your own risk.

Feel free to ask any questions below.

>>Discord<<

Signups
1. saladscooper
2. Hal
3. EGalz18
4. PhantomMuzzles
5. Mr. Humalong

I'm in but don't make me McNulty please

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I'm in.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Wow that was quick! Game will start tomorrow!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Toalpaz posted:

I'm in but don't make me McNulty please

What the gently caress did he do?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz9D1SybuVE

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will replace in if you need a guy to replace in.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Night 0 will begin soon. As we are skipping the morning phase where players would be marked, nobody is eligible to be voted for as of right now. I will allow this to be a Twilight period before Night 0 officially starts in 5 hours, so feel free to post in game now to get a feel for one another.

oh and we need a body.

someone killed this guy.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ok, which one of you did it? Just confess and make this easy on all of us. Clearances rates last year were terrible.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Yeah which one of you dumb f-words thinks you're the smartest f-word here. Solve this s-word so I can get back to more f-word-ing important things.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Is The Wire Copaganda, the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

merk has replaced cubicalsucrose

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Hi merk you mother f-word did you kill this poor sonofa b-word

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Harp darp my name is David Simon I知 an insufferable liberal imperialist but I think I知 very smart because I have a passing familiarity with Greek mythology and am enamored with my ability to combine regular words with cuss words, you fuckturnips!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

Is The Wire Copaganda, the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate

lol

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I've only ever seen the third season and I watched it on an exercise bike.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am posting here to get a feel for some of you, as directed by the mod.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

merk posted:

You feel me?

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
The Twilight period is my favorite... It's like being in another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. Like moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

:ghost:

Chili and merk!!!

Make me a stump!!! You know it痴 correct!!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

merk posted:

nice what's your current feel

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

Chili and merk!!!

Make me a stump!!! You know it’s correct!!

Hey voodoo it's me ya boy gfg

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The Wire is a pretty good show that made me feel a lot of things.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I知 also probably a little biased as I spent 6 years in a somewhat similar environment (much less homicide).

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Mr. Humalong posted:

I知 also probably a little biased as I spent 6 years in a somewhat similar environment (much less homicide).

Baltimore based social worker here.

OK, let me figure out some really incriminating things to say real quick so I can draw a lot of ire on day 1 and be a huge distraction.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Voodoofly posted:

Chili and merk!!!

Make me a stump!!! You know it痴 correct!!

Whatever this is I am down for it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi Chili! Glad you are here, you are the most appropriate person to be in a Wire-based mafia game.

Plus its good to see you again

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hi Chili! Glad you are here, you are the most appropriate person to be in a Wire-based mafia game.

Plus its good to see you again

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It is now Night 0. You have 24 hours to complete night actions. Good luck.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Voodoofly has joined the game as an outside interest. He is unable to vote, unable to be voted for, untargetable at night, and does not count as a player towards any alignment's win condition. You'll just have to deal with him. After all, nothing a community loves more than their State Senator.

this post is no longer valid.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

toalpaz was slain in the night! A red ribbon is tied around their wrist.

quote:

You are Detective Ellis Carver, a CITY aligned Tracker. You win the game when all threats to the CITY are eradicated. Part of the Narcotics and Major Case Squad, you stick to the rooftops following and observing your target. During the night, you may TRACK a player. However, you will not know your own reports. Your reports are sent to the Lead Investigator. They will learn who your target visited, but they will not know you are the sender of the report.

It is now the morning. We are awaiting the Lead Investigator to mark two suspects.