Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNlviFU1A8s

The Moominvalley has had an excellent Summer with warm weather and plentiful rain followed by an unusually warm Fall causing a plentiful harvest for all the residents who have been hard at work tending to their crops. Now as the burgeoning harvest draws close the residents have decided to host a big feast to celebrate the end of the season. Everybody is hard at work preparing their bounty and cooking for the festival to be held in just a few days time.

Game info

This is a mafia game for 13 players. Game days will be 48-72 hours with majority hammer. Nights will be 24ish hours, they may end a bit early or a bit late depending on my availability to resolve things.
This game has some amount of power roles, but also has quite a few vanilla roles so don't be surprised if you roll one.
The game is not intented to be solvable by flavor/scum have been given fake claims, however in game flavor may contain useful information. Some of the names/places/things used in this game may not match perfectly with the official english translations for Moomin.
I've decided to make this setup without input from anybody else, so while I've tried to consider game balance it's pretty likely this setup is going to be somewhat unbalanced.

General mafia rules

-Don't be a jerk.
-Don't edit posts
-Don't post after hammer, I may not be around to close the thread immediately
-Standard lurker rules, you'll receive a lurker warning if you have less than 10 posts in a game day. This is reduced to 5 posts if hammer is more than 12 hours before deadlinen and removed entirely if it's 24 hours or more before deadline.
-Don't copy and paste your role pm, mod communications or any masonry communications with other players.
-Don't fake day actions, if you are the target of a day action, please don't post until it has been resolved.
-Don't post if you are dead.

Rule zeroth: If you ever encounter anything or anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable, threatened, abused, angry, or even unsure of how you feel, there are many people here, both within and outside of the SA Mafia community, who are happily willing to listen, provide support, and enact change to make the community better for everyone.
Here is a short list of only some of the people that other players have suggested as a resource that you should never hesitate to contact: Leperflesh and Antivehicular (current Traditional Games Mods), VoodooFly, Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Wologar, Maerlyn, EccoRaven, CCKeane, Cloacamazing!, Opopanax, Sandwolf, Shellception, or whoever else you feel safer talking to!

Discord is required to play this game: https://discord.gg/A9CRXJpEez

Players
  1. CubicalSucrose
  2. fool of sound
  3. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  4. hambeet (he/him)
  5. JosefStalinator
  6. Maerlyn (she/her)
  7. ObamaAkbar. (He/him)
  8. shwinnebego (he/him)
  9. Tea Party Crasher
  10. Tired Moritz
  11. Toadsmash Johnny Keats has replace Toadsmash Johnny Keats
  12. trajanmax
  13. WindwardAway (she/her/whatever)

Illusionis fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Little My.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
moom

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
In!

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.
Sign me up! It’s literally been like a decade since I’ve done this so I’ll likely have questions hahaha.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i'll play in an illusionis game

i'm hoping this doens't start for another 2 weeks tho

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Oh gently caress I'm actually really into moomins

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
A moomin game, heck yeah!

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sure

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I would like to play a game.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Knowing the flavor of this game it's going to fill up fast, I'd like to play!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would enjoy playing in this game full of fine folks

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I'm moomin here

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JosefStalinator posted:

I'm moomin here

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

If there's still room I'll play

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i'm dead in my other games so i'm ready to clown on this one whenever

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

shwinnebego posted:

i'm dead in my other games so i'm ready to clown on this one whenever

Get in discord, same for Toadsmash, game should be starting tomorrow at the latest.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
It is another beautiful, warm Fall day in Moominvalley, there was a brisk rain during the night so the ground is a bit muddy and small puddles pepper the Valley. The Moominvalley residents are hard at work harvesting their crops and making preparations for the festival.

Suddenly an ear-splitting shriek echoes from the festival grounds and as as the residents gather to investigate, they find a loudly angry and very muddy Fillyjonks, in a hole in the ground filled knee high with muddy water.. Somebody has clearly dug a trap and carefully covered it up with loose soil and leaves. After helping Fillyjonks out of the pit the residents investigate, thanks to the clear tracks in muddy ground it quickly becomes evident that whoever dug this trap has not left the Moominvalley and is still here hiding in plain sight. The residents look at each other incredulously, is somebody here really trying to sabotage the festival?

Mrs. Fillyjonk, a Moominvalley-aligned Snoopy neighbor has rushed home to clean up on N0

quote:

You are Mrs. Fillyjonk, a Moominvalley-aligned Snoopy neighbor

Fillyjonks like order, routine, and discipline. They become panicked if things get muddled up and frustrated if others don’t behave to their liking. They share an obsession with keeping their homes spotlessly clean, and it often takes a crisis to set them free of their long lists of chores! Mrs Fillyjonk is the most well-known fillyjonk in Moominvalley.

You win when all threats to Moominvalley have been removed from the game.
At night you may ##Snoop, learning every action taken by every player during the night and who they targeted.

Day 1 has begun Deadline is currently set at 11pm UTC+2 Wednesday, if this time is inconvenient for you let me know in your confessional and we can see about changing it to a better time if this is the case for several players.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): CubicalSucrose, fool of sound, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, JosefStalinator, Maerlyn, ObamaAkbar., shwinnebego, Tea Party Crasher, Tired Moritz, Toadsmash, trajanmax, WindwardAway

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 06th, 2023 at 11 p.m. EET -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I’m some sort of strange white creature

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Well THAT was quick!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I am only going to vote if it hammers someone. I'll vote anyone, especially trajanmax.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i have still never been turbo'd on somethingawful dot com

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.
Hey it’s begun!!!!!!

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

CubicalSucrose posted:

I am only going to vote if it hammers someone. I'll vote anyone, especially trajanmax.

Did he steal your sweetroll?

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

Well that’s just mean hahahahah

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

It's Moomin time!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i have an item, if you don't turbo me i might give it to you tonight

it's pretty nifty!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'll allow this if you say who you WOULD be voting for

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

shwinnebego posted:

it's pretty nifty!

but I thought you wanted to be turboed?

make up your mind

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

shwinnebego posted:

i have still never been turbo'd on somethingawful dot com

##vote Shwinn

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

shwinnebego posted:

it's pretty nifty!

Items are indeed nifty
And what's the fun of turboing on D1? I'm all for giving folks a bit of time to report to Moominvalley first.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Making up your mind sounds like something scum would do

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Maerlyn posted:

I'll allow this if you say who you WOULD be voting for

I would be voting for Wind who has expressed an anti-turbo stance.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Toadsmash posted:

Making up your mind sounds like something scum would do

Why in all my years of life everything in my mind has been made up!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

CubicalSucrose posted:

I would be voting for Wind who has expressed an anti-turbo stance.

That's fine, I don't like turbos because then there's less time for chatter xD

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

I’m waiting for the massive well formatted quote posts and making a case. Ecco and I used to get into that all the time.

I also realize I’ve forgotten 99% of the bb code I used to know by heart.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Whoa what happened to your av? I would be voting TPC for having a new av that is both confusing and frightening.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Tea Party Crasher posted:

That's because you're scum!

##vote TPC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

WindwardAway posted:

That's fine, I don't like turbos because then there's less time for chatter xD

It's good to see somebody who appreciates the art of conversation. I suppose one of the benefits of age is having many stories to tell...