Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
With the draft come and gone, we're officially closed the book on 2023 and are into 2024. Over the past year, the theme in the NFC North has been changed. Besides a brand new first-time champion, a lot of the faces of the division look very different from a few years ago, a theme that shows no sign of stopping in 2024. In this new NFC North, who will stand atop the rest? Here are the four teams that will compete once more for the North.

2023 NFC North Champion Detroit Lions: 12-5, eliminated in the NFC Championship Game by San Francisco

The Lions had their most successful season ever, or at least in several decades. They not only won the division and qualified for the playoffs but made one of very few serious runs at a Super Bowl in franchise history, winning two playoff games. They fought valiantly, defeating several elite opponents with skill and valor before they were overwhelmed by San Francisco's superior arsenal. But they may yet return, with new silver uniforms to boot. That's not true, their new uniforms are black this year. But they added a bunch of corners, so hopefully their defense will suck a little less.
Outlook for 2024: Super Bowl or Bust

2023 NFC North Wild Card Green Bay Packers: 9-8, eliminated in NFC Divisional Round by San Francisco

What was expected to be a rebuild year started rocky, then ended in unexpected success, a wild card birth and a hilarious drubbing of the Cowboys at home. Jordan Love stumbled, but the more time passed, the more he fit into the role. Before long, every action he took made his followers more and more certain that he was the one. The Packers fell short of the Super Bowl, but rest assured they will go to war for their leader this year. People believe in Jordan Love, and faith is a very powerful thing. Also they might've added the best RB in the league or something.
Outlook for 2024: Compete for the division

2023 NFC North Participant Minnesota Vikings: 7-10, did not qualify

A rocky year of turmoil and injury ended in a forced period of transition for the Vikings. Kirk Cousins missed the second half of the year and then due to possible subterfuge from other parties, left Minnesota to sign with another team, forcing Minnesota to thread the needle of developing a rookie QB while also managing the rest of Justin Jefferson's prime. The Vikings are disciplined and well-coached, but they're likely not looking to contend this year. The only judge of their change will be time. At the end of the day, the Vikings serve only one master and its name is SKOL.
Outlook for 2024: Don't piss off Justin Jefferson.

2023 NFC North Bystander Chicago Bears: 7-10, did not qualify

The Bears had only one goal in 2023 and that was to figure out if Justin Fields was the guy and.....ehhhhhhh.....? The most we figured out was "he's not the guy in Chicago right now". And in return for giving up on Justin Fields, the Bears have discovered their own atomic arsenal - Caleb Williams, DJ Moore, Keenan Allen and Rome Odunze, manned by new OC Shane Waldron. Can the Bears ascend with something they've never had - a high-powered offense run by a top-tier QB, or will they simply die in the dark once more? If it's the latter, at least they'll be doing it in a fancy new dome.
Outlook for 2024: Don't ruin Caleb Williams.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Da Bears

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Missed opportunity to make the Packers the Harkonnens, imo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I respect your restraint in not making anyone Paul Atredies

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

“May Thy Kneecaps Chip And Shatter” was right there.

Still though, a good new thread.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Predictions:
Lions go 13-4, win division, lose Superbowl to Mahomes
Bears split with both packers and lions, go 10-7. Lose wild card game to eagles
Packers go 10-7, finish third due to tiebreakers, lose wildcard to 49ers
Vikings have one of their worst years ever, winless in division, go 4-13, draft top 3

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Great OP concept, although I'd consider Feyd-Rautha for Chicago instead.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
This needs to be in the OP use during the season:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://x.com/nflfilms/status/1783910900597940485?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

fartknocker posted:

This needs to be in the OP use during the season:

This GIF is so good; we need somone to update it with Jordan Love, JJ or Caleb.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I gotta say I enjoyed telling people I was a Lions fan with pride in my voice for the first time in my life last year. I hope they can continue meeting expectations in a season where the expectations are literally "go to an win the Super Bowl".

Something that struck me after the draft is that this has to be Aaron Glenn's last go-round with the team. With massive investments in the defensive line and secondary, he's got everything he needs to command at least a league-average defense, and he's going to end the season either as one of the hottest head coaching prospects in the league or as a midseason firing.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

surf rock posted:

Great OP concept, although I'd consider Feyd-Rautha for Chicago instead.

If we are any Harkonnnen, it's Rabban.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I felt rather strongly that it would've been too partisan to make anybody Paul or a Harkonnen.

Sataere posted:

If we are any Harkonnnen, it's Rabban.

Rabban is every Bears fan.

Any Harkonnen that gets within a 6 foot radius of Rabban and mildly disagrees with him is also every Bears fan.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jordan Love

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't know what the op is but the bears have The Punter, it's over for you hos

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I cannot wait for the epic Jack Fox vs. Tory Taylor punting battles.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gonz posted:

I cannot wait for the epic Jack Fox vs. Tory Taylor punting battles.

RETVRN

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Kirk Ferentz saw this chart and got lightheaded with excitement.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Lets go Vikings and JJ McCarthy bitch

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Lions bitch

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
more of this please

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

:hmmyes:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Lions are going to have a good and fun season.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The Lions are going to have a good and fun season.

inshallah

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Like every season I hope that the Packers are good, and every other team in the division is bad. It's just that simple.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm ready for the JJ2JJ era to begin

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm ready for the JJ2JJ but picked by JJ era to begin

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If Jared Goff faces Mahomes in the super bowl he's winning.

He's this gens Eli and he's 2-0 against him.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Why did they cast Caleb as a white guy?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1785306746686198160?t=DewXAQSw1xOFdeyxTX3jIA&s=19

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cuuuurse, he would have been so much fun there. gently caress the Patriots.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 30, 2024

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

hell yeah punter highlight reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qt9DqOS_A4

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Lions bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019