Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Do you have Zooper Doopers in America?

If not, why not?

I make no apologies for the pointlessness and frivolity of this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
are those just freeze pops?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
We do but we don't call them that

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Rubber Chicken posted:

Thank you for your sensible, and informative answer.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Rubber Chicken posted:

You should. Zooper Dooper sounds way cooler than "freeze pops" which is something a cop would say to an old man.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
zooper dooper sounds so stupid it must be australian

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Why do people of the Commonwealth insist on naming things in this fashion?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'm from chicago in the 80s and we just called them "

nothing, we called them nothing because they loving sucked then and they suck now

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
When I was a kid they were Otter Pops

They probably still make them but I haven't seen them in the wild for decades, I guess kids hate otters now or something

P.S. they sucked

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In Australia we call Glasgow smiles a Zooper Dooper.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
sippin tropicana
in a coconut cabana

floatin on flamingos

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Little Orphan Orange???

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Cubone posted:

sippin tropicana
in a coconut cabana

floatin on flamingos

Sir Isaac looks like he has tenure at a small North Eastern Liberal Arts college.

I wonder what his knighthood was for?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kntfkr posted:

zooper dooper sounds so stupid it must be australian

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Otter or freeze pops, I'd punch someone in the mouth if they made me say zooper dooper.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Grey Cat posted:

Otter or freeze pops, I'd punch someone in the mouth if they made me say zooper dooper.

Right in the cuts on the side of their mouth from the plastic after eating a bunch of freeze pops

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Grey Cat posted:

that's probably also an official title or how you have to address judges in australian court (kangaroo court)

How's ya plead then?

Heaps gilly, Zoopa Doopa.

Take your poo poo seriously. Jesus.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

My mom would never let me have Otter Pops as a kid because she said they caused cancer.

All other popsicles were fine. Just for some reasons those ones caused cancer. This included non-Otter Pop knock-offs. Something about being in tube form equaled cancer.

When I questioned her about this as an adult she said she never said that and had no idea why they would be carcinogenic.

I feel like a major part of childhood was stolen from me.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
"Give a treat that is given to children a more mature and sensible name" is certainly a take lol

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I always assumed it was basically just the same liquid as these but I'm a different shape container

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Knormal posted:

My mom would never let me have Otter Pops as a kid because she said they caused cancer.

All other popsicles were fine. Just for some reasons those ones caused cancer. This included non-Otter Pop knock-offs. Something about being in tube form equaled cancer.

When I questioned her about this as an adult she said she never said that and had no idea why they would be carcinogenic.

I feel like a major part of childhood was stolen from me.

Sucking and chewing on the plastic sleeve isn't great for you but I don't think it's gonna give you cancer.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Sucking and chewing on the plastic sleeve isn't great for you but I don't think it's gonna give you cancer.
My theory is that, as this was soon after the Red 3 cancer scare of the 80's, my mom saw something about these being one of the many things of the era that presumably contained that food coloring, but for whatever reason fixated on Otter Pops specifically as causing cancer.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

we have otter pops, flav-or-ice, kool-pops, pop-ice, and a few other ones that are all the same thing with different marketing all thanks to the jel sert monopoly

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

wasn't zooper dooper that one Teletubby that left the group before they made it big

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rubber Chicken posted:

I always assumed it was basically just the same liquid as these but I'm a different shape container

No these things were much worse. They literally tasted like burning

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Milo and POTUS posted:

No these things were much worse. They literally tasted like burning

Did you ever taste liquid unfrozen freeze pops?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh is this one of those things where Americans hate them because their version is made from industrial waste?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

they're called freezies

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I worked on a 110+ degree factory floor in 12 hour shifts and we had freezers full of those pops at all times, one of the few perks

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I wait for them to melt just a bit and smash them up with my fingers and then drinks the freezies shards

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
I love freeze pops

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Mr.Freeze should be on the Canadian 20 dollar bill

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Rubber Chicken posted:

Lmao those were the worst

now these things

those are where it was at

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

zooper dooper is some hundreds and thousands poo poo.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Goddamnit I just realised the reason we call them freezies is because of Mr.Freeze

Edit: Mr.Freeze is a snowman who may or may not have been in Devo at some point who surfs on a freeze pop

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sex Farm posted:

Goddamnit I just realised the reason we call them freezies is because of Mr.Freeze

Edit: Mr.Freeze is a snowman who may or may not have been in Devo at some point who surfs on a freeze pop
are you sure you don't call them freezies because they're frozen?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Cubone posted:

are you sure you don't call them freezies because they're frozen?

Yes that is too much of a reach for a bunch of children I think. It implies we understood that the unfrozen sugar water tubes would freeze, so because they freeze we would call them freezies

In Canada, for better or for worse the market for "freeze pops" is dominated by the Mr.Freeze brand. We see snowboarding devo snowman Mr.Freeze and associate him with our frozen treats

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Icee vs Slushpuppy

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Rubber Chicken posted:

Icee vs Slushpuppy

Slurpee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Sex Farm posted:

Yes that is too much of a reach for a bunch of children I think. It implies we understood that the unfrozen sugar water tubes would freeze, so because they freeze we would call them freezies

In Canada, for better or for worse the market for "freeze pops" is dominated by the Mr.Freeze brand. We see snowboarding devo snowman Mr.Freeze and associate him with our frozen treats

I'm surprised they haven't been sued by DC Comics