Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

theyre building like 3 or 4 new nucular power plants near here which are set to go online in a few years. pretty cool i think.

why arent more countries doing this? solar seems like a good partial solution but you when you really need to bust a load i dont know if it can fully keep up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

fart simpson posted:

why arent more countries doing this? solar seems like a good partial solution but you when you really need to bust a load i dont know if it can fully keep up?

what the hell is that supposed to mean? are you saying america can't bust a load when it needs to?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Roosevelt posted:

what the hell is that supposed to mean? are you saying america can't bust a load when it needs to?

not if it goes full solar

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
yeah, based on excavating uranium from third world countries!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

goblin week posted:

yeah, based on excavating uranium from third world countries!

canada isnt that bad. second world at worst

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

maybe it would be if op could write the word correctly

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Based on what?

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

nucular fishun

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

Based on what?

im not an expert but i think it's based on mc^2 + ai

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
new yospos project: buy and operate a nuclear power plant

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i busted a load in your mom last night, op

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i like the kawaii little toshiba reactors https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshiba_4S

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
nukes are goated, as the youths would say

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
a youth recently tried explaining “goated” to me at work but I said I knew already because of rap music

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

gone fission don't @ me

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

fart simpson posted:

theyre building like 3 or 4 new nucular power plants near here which are set to go online in a few years. pretty cool i think.

There were a couple high profile accidents and everyone got scared despite newer designs not having the same problems. Then another high profile incident happened with the same old reactors and scared everyone again despite the fact that newly built reactors would not have the same problems

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

a youth recently tried explaining “goated” to me at work but I said I knew already because of rap music

i was gonna zing my daughter so i was like "so when i was a kid your age we used to read the Great Gatsby but kids today you all ..." and she jumped right to the punch line and defeated me instantly before the battle was even joined.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

nukes are goated, as the youths would say

I think I first got Goated in jr high

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

we got our own stuff going on over here. cant talk about it right now but its gonna be huge.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fabricated posted:

There were a couple high profile accidents and everyone got scared despite newer designs not having the same problems. Then another high profile incident happened with the same old reactors and scared everyone again despite the fact that newly built reactors would not have the same problems

thats what they said the first time too

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

like accidents accidents that actually hurt people or like three mile island accidents

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

like accidents accidents that actually hurt people or like three mile island accidents

my wifes cousin just told us she saw a guy who grew a literal 3rd eye after eating the fukushima sushi

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

WOW

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i gotta get me some of that stuff, having an extra eye to look around with sounds useful

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jabor posted:

i gotta get me some of that stuff, having an extra eye to look around with sounds useful

the pro place to grow one is on the palm of your hand imo

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I know you liked palm but this is ridiculous

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I know you liked palm but this is ridiculous

what like i need ANOTHER eye in my face? No, you want to be able to move it around. And frankly i think an eyestalk is gross.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

eye on the end of the fingertip would be good. you could like look over obstacles or behind weird poo poo in your house like a mini borescope

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Eeyo posted:

eye on the end of the fingertip would be good. you could like look over obstacles or behind weird poo poo in your house like a mini borescope

plugging in HDMI cables in back of the TV

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

never been to a power reactor but i have been to a research reactor.

got to see the cerenkov radiation from the spent fuel cores which was really neat. just a ghostly blue light that emanates from around the thing.

i also set off the portal monitor once but it turned out to just be some static

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

plugging in HDMI cables in back of the TV

sigmoidoscopy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Eeyo posted:

seems like itd be good but youd probably always be getting stuff in it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

seems like itd be good but youd probably always be getting stuff in it

this dude's never heard of eyelids lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Thinking knuckle-eye > fingertip-eye.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Eeyo posted:

That gets you punched by batman

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

if you had a fingertip eye a bidet would be non-negotiable

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

cmon

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Eeyo posted:

if you had a fingertip eye a bidet would be non-negotiable

yeah youre gonna need at least one hand with no eyes on it for a variety of reasons

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

nucular energy is still based/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the electricity i use to power computer is partially generated via nucular energy