Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Friends it is once again the time of times whereupon I am privileged to announce The Weekend.
https://i.imgur.com/VMCZJhw.mp4

Got sick as dogshit yesterday and spent the night horking into a bucket. Much improved since then and looking forward to grilling steaks tonight.
The Aurora Borealis will be making a big sweep over North America tonight, so try and catch the beauty of nature after 10pm CST. :)

Tomorrow is getting the wife's emissions done and exploring the nearby walkable village. Maybe another run to Costco since we got the ability to seal unused food and freeze it now.

Sunday is a gamble with the weather so I'm looking to be lazy and play video games.

What adventures await you for your weekends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
meeting up with a pal from out of town at a good pub tonight, then TWRP show on Sunday.

inbetween will need to do some last minute pre-trip shopping lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m getting the hell away from this office that’s for drat sure

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

oh yeah I have a bunch of parts to make this macro keyboard, but the controller is taking a long time to ship for some reason so I probably won’t be able to try it out

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the weekend!

grocery shopping, some home maintenance, and probably an early morning walk around the neighbourhood tomorrow

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

steaks acquired. got ‘em salted and ready for seasoning and grilling once the sun lowers a little.
got some new movies to watch tonight, including Delirious [with John Candy, not the Eddie Murphy movie] :)

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

last night my wife's best friend, her fiance, and her dog came to stay with us on their way up the coast to another friend's place. but it turned out their other friend is spending the weekend making GBS threads and vomiting so they're just going to stay with us.

tonight we'll see some country music at the cidery, then it's back home to grill up some steaks and watch the hockey game. go canucks go.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lots of good playoff sports and pro wrestling this weekend ftw. but now we're home and in those pjs and

its time for a nap

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I'm drinking a cherry cola sparkling water

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
I am drinking a montellier lime flavoured carbonated water. I like them.

I am going to watch a movie soon. Not sure what yet but I'll find something.

Have a great weekend everyone!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lemon highball

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009
i’ve been slowly working on emptying the old stuff out of the cupboards/freezer and cooking it into meals before it goes completely bad; did a bunch of chicken and pork up today while in meetings this afternoon, planning on doing a beef brisket when i get home from my nephew’s birthday party tomorrow. gonna mow the lawn for the third time this week and smoke a bunch more cheese as well.

might run to menards while i’m in madison and try to pick up some 2” drain tile to see if i can get the sump pump drainage even more reliable than what i put in place a couple weeks ago and stay ahead of all the rain we’re supposed to get next week.

if all else fails, i’m playing through the original fallout games for the first time and will see how far i get.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

under doctor’s orders to do jack poo poo and gently caress all for the next 48 hours, so I’m gonna do just that

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

LieutenantFrost posted:

i’ve been slowly working on emptying the old stuff out of the cupboards/freezer and cooking it into meals before it goes completely bad;

i gotta do this, i got a half dozen brook trouts i caught last summer in the freezer. and probably some other stuff too.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

got another unif ap ac lite and a bunch of cat 6 cable. need to pick up a PoE switch and a regular switch still, but i'm gonna finally un-gently caress the lovely wifi in my house by putting an AP at each end of the upstairs and moving the airport extreme from the network rack to my office downtairs. i'll need to run cable up into the attic, which i'm pretty sure i can do if i pull it up next to the chimney.

also finally getting my miata out of storage :toot:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti1D9t8n0qA

actually not going to booze it this weekend and since its supposed to be nice I'm going to detail my wifes car and then go ride around the lake. The family is out of town so MotoGP watching will be blissfully uninterrupted

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
peach mango sour on tap :cool:

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009

Elder Postsman posted:

i gotta do this, i got a half dozen brook trouts i caught last summer in the freezer. and probably some other stuff too.

if you don’t have a vacuum sealer, i cannot recommend it enough for this purpose. it’s become my new favorite thing that plugs into the wall.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Branch Nvidian posted:

under doctor’s orders to do jack poo poo and gently caress all for the next 48 hours, so I’m gonna do just that
dooooo eeeeeet

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

LieutenantFrost posted:

if you don’t have a vacuum sealer, i cannot recommend it enough for this purpose.

i cannot stress just how much of a life changer this is especially as someone who lives alone

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

memorial for a friend of a friend saturday then sunday will be playing a couple more scenarios in undaunted: stalingrad with a friend.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
beers were had :cool:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

made a friend while I was drinking my second highball

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

well I'm glad I got a cheap clock kit to put together to practice soldering, my soldering is garbage

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
soldering is great fun, desoldering is the enemy

this weekend I hope that I will just slam out a v0.0.1 of my game. no balance, nothing fancy, just an .exe that'll run and prove to the world that I can write dogshit code

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://youtu.be/4zq2f6k-ELY?si=1jnLPTJX6BNcoDWX

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Truman Peyote posted:

tonight we'll see some country music at the cidery,
did you get to learn about apples

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

stayed up late! woke up late! wow!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

stayed up late woke up early :twisted:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

emissions done so early nothing is open nearby yet :doh:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

stayed up late woke up early :twisted:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
nice!

anyway it's MotoGP Sprint time

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Elder Postsman posted:

also finally getting my miata out of storage :toot:

picked it up this morning, needed a jump but otherwise still runs great. needs new tires though.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lenticular print in town today

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
just had a nap

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

death cob for cutie posted:

this weekend I hope that I will just slam out a v0.0.1 of my game. no balance, nothing fancy, just an .exe that'll run and prove to the world that I can write dogshit code

I have written several thousand lines of code and only now am I handling the player actually, uh, dying

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
was just playing around with this "matrix" "screensaver" on the apple ii desktop

https://i.imgur.com/C4ArA2F.mp4

they got flying toasters too

https://i.imgur.com/3HFxV5y.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's been quite some time since i've seen the flying toasters