Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Arturo Robusto posted:

Anyone know the best car you can get for free? I just switched the piece of poo poo I started with for a Dominator I found out by the canal and railroad.

I believe it's mostly limited to what you can find. Super cars and some high end cars also I think have trackers in them so you can only get those by buying on the internets, even after the free car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Anyone know when they're putting the booster money packs back up?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Munion posted:

So for those who haven't realized... I just found out you can deposit your cash into the bank during a mission. So when you are running a bunch of missions in a row with goons, make sure to deposit most of your cash before finishing your final round. That way when you drop back into freeroam you only have 1 mission worth of cash on you.

You still lose money to hospital fees when you die in free roam though right? I'm assuming putting your cash into the stock market will guard against this, but I didn't want to tempt fate by relying on BAWSAQ remaining up.

Chard posted:

Two days now I've been able to get in but I get stuck at the "Waiting for players" stage of the first drat race. It's been sitting there for 15 minutes so far this afternoon :saddowns: I don't even have any buttons that work, if I want to do something else I'm going to need to reset the PS3 again, if last night was a clue.

e: I've never had to mess with port forwarding for Dark Souls or any other online features, is it likely that that's my problem?

Everyone but a lucky few have the exact same problems man. Yesterday I got a few hours of play in but today I can't access my character and creating a new one leaves me in the exact same situation as you.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If I can get in with TROGG I'll find out what happens when you have only enough money to enter LTS/deathmatch but not pay for all the hospital visits. I'd like to get around by dicking around. Races have been $100 each to enter.

Arturo Robusto posted:

Anyone know the best car you can get for free? I just switched the piece of poo poo I started with for a Dominator I found out by the canal and railroad.

The one with a name that reminds me of the Feltzer, but has a Comet/Porsche curvature of its rear, looking German luxury business in the front. It's that or one of the two muscle cars. I've experimented a bunch.

You can get an Akuma or maybe a better motorcycle, fine speed and agility but very very vulnerable and risky to use, even riding safe and sound solo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arturo Robusto posted:

Ubermechst Oracle / Lampadati Felon / Bravado Buffalo if you are looking for a 4 door.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
e-nm

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 4, 2013

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

TheJoker138 posted:

Anyone know when they're putting the booster money packs back up?

Probably once they figure out how characters are being lost and purchased properties disappearing. The backlash of a few hours lost is one thing but if someone lost something they paid $2 for they would be livid.

What I'm saying is people do not value their time at all.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

marktheando posted:

You still lose money to hospital fees when you die in free roam though right? I'm assuming putting your cash into the stock market will guard against this, but I didn't want to tempt fate by relying on BAWSAQ remaining up.

You only, ever, lose money if you're holding it and you have to be carrying more than $5000. You can't put online money into the stock market at this time.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I think the game ate my special edition weapons, man. Can I get then only on one character?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

I think the game ate my special edition weapons, man. Can I get then only on one character?

They're supposed to be available free in Ammu-Nation.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Obsurveyor posted:

You only, ever, lose money if you're holding it and you have to be carrying more than $5000. You can't put online money into the stock market at this time.

You should probably check your transaction history when you get the moment. You have to pay a fee every time you die, even in missions. And as we found out earlier, even in things like Top Fun and Top Fun II.

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012
Anyone know if the mic picks up/broadcasts voice when the game is paused?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Obsurveyor posted:

You only, ever, lose money if you're holding it and you have to be carrying more than $5000.

You only drop money if you have that much. You still pay an up-to $2k hospital fee.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Choda Dog posted:

Anyone know if the mic picks up/broadcasts voice when the game is paused?

I was chatting with a crewmate last night while he had a big PAUSED floating over his head so I believe it does.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

marktheando posted:

Everyone but a lucky few have the exact same problems man. Yesterday I got a few hours of play in but today I can't access my character and creating a new one leaves me in the exact same situation as you.

I can live with that, I just can't keep up with literally hundreds of new posts in three threads - I thought most people were having trouble with a step I'd already cleared.

I'm patient, I can wait, but I hate waiting when *I* haven't done what I needed to do.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Parkingtigers posted:

I would add that everyone should make a female character too. First, it makes the intro cutscene a thousand times better. Second, 90% of player models in-game seem to be skinny white guys with beard, sunglasses, or beard and sunglasses. There's some variety, but not much. Working through a bunch of race and deathmatch lobbies today my girl just looked classy purely because she stood out so much. Tanned skin, blond hair, neck scarf. My girl Matilda looks amazing.

I'm hoping the cloud spits her back up once it's fixed, but I went in as a proper, professional Indian woman who decided to break bad out in Los Santos. (I managed to make her look AWESOME, too!) "Change of coast/Change of heart" indeed!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

psyman posted:

:laugh:

Cheers to whoever suggested cloud-to-butt: https://github.com/DaveRandom/cloud-to-butt-mozilla

This is awesome, it gets even better when you set it to replace "the cloud" with "your butt" instead. Now companies trying to sell products "in the cloud" have taken on a whole new angle :v:

I'm not actually using cloud-to-butt though, I'm using ponify. By switching the "find" and "replace" lists it becomes the most useful chrome extension ever created.

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 4, 2013

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Aishan posted:

You should probably check your transaction history when you get the moment. You have to pay a fee every time you die, even in missions. And as we found out earlier, even in things like Top Fun and Top Fun II.

wow, even in things like Top Fun? and deathmatches? that seems a bit harsh... It seems a bit harsh but dealable in freeroam, but in modes where some one has to die, and likely multiple times, thats messed up. I really hope its not also deathmatch, never do those if you have money if it's that way.

*edit* \/\/ I think its gonna be personal preference there to a large degree, what you think handles the best and such.

Arturo Robusto
May 10, 2003

i do appreciate it but i have no use for weapons my fists pack one million volts

Munion posted:

I believe it's mostly limited to what you can find. Super cars and some high end cars also I think have trackers in them so you can only get those by buying on the internets, even after the free car.

Yeah, I know that. I was wondering if anyone knew the specific best car you can grab without buying it online.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Chard posted:

I can live with that, I just can't keep up with literally hundreds of new posts in three threads - I thought most people were having trouble with a step I'd already cleared.

I'm patient, I can wait, but I hate waiting when *I* haven't done what I needed to do.

The reason there are hundreds of new posts is that they are all identical posts to yours, asking why online isn't working. Read the OP.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Odette posted:

Wow what the gently caress. R* servers ate my character. What a piece of poo poo system.

Lost my character as well, was rank 12.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Munion posted:

wow, even in things like Top Fun? and deathmatches? that seems a bit harsh... It seems a bit harsh but dealable in freeroam, but in modes where some one has to die, and likely multiple times, thats messed up. I really hope its not also deathmatch, never do those if you have money if it's that way.

I'm 90% sure Deathmatches are exempt, but anything with limited spawns seems to have the penalty. Basically, anything the game classes as a "Mission" : co-op jobs, team vs team jobs, LTS jobs.

It's pretty silly really, we did a whole bunch of Top Fun II in a row, and I ended up about 6k down after due to deaths, despite it being roughly 50% on the win-rate.

Aishan fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 4, 2013

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Aishan posted:

So wait, it doesn't actually tell you that you're being charged, it just charges it invisibly? :wtf: I've never seen a -$XXX for dying in the corner(like single player).

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Obsurveyor posted:

So wait, it doesn't actually tell you that you're being charged, it just charges it invisibly? :wtf: I've never seen a -$XXX for dying in the corner.

Being charged for dying in Death Matches HAS to be a glitch. There is absolutely NO WAY IN HELL they're that stupid.

Yeah let's actively discourage players from playing our modes, that'll work out great.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Jon93 posted:

Being charged for dying in Death Matches HAS to be a glitch. There is absolutely NO WAY IN HELL they're that stupid.

Yeah let's actively discourage players from playing our modes, that'll work out great.

B..b..but then why would you ever buy money from Rockstar?! This is a real sucky revelation. Sure enough, I drove myself into a wall and now I have a charge for $830 for "Spent on healthcare & bail". I didn't have any before that.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Parkingtigers posted:

I would add that everyone should make a female character too. First, it makes the intro cutscene a thousand times better. Second, 90% of player models in-game seem to be skinny white guys with beard, sunglasses, or beard and sunglasses. There's some variety, but not much. Working through a bunch of race and deathmatch lobbies today my girl just looked classy purely because she stood out so much. Tanned skin, blond hair, neck scarf. My girl Matilda looks amazing.

Also, something hilarious about the strip club. No bouncers, so you can touch the dancer as much as you like. The flirting is no longer a button though, you have to talk into your microphone to flirt. Rockstar are being glorious trolls here, someone somewhere is going to embarrass themselves over mic and I only hope I am there to witness it. :allears:

Every goon is a woman already for some reason, or at least the ones posting pictures.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
protip:if you're having trouble logging in to online from ingame, make michael the character you're swapping from. it won't help you connect or anything, but when you get dumped back into him there's a good chance you'll have a shithead doorman to beat the gently caress out of to alleviate stress.

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

Ariza posted:

Every goon is a woman already for some reason, or at least the ones posting pictures.

I play a man! He looks like he's enjoyed a bit too much meth. I didn't care much for it initially, but I've since become fond of him.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I made a male character at first but he looked so much like me that I got creeped out by it and replaced him.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Check transactions with the online (phone) bank after you finish DM, LTS, TDM.

And heh I had a character maker glitch just as I got a good face going. Thank dog for capture equipment. And balls to being able to make a fatty, there are fatty male characters on the street in GTAO, but only BBWs (fatty ladies then) in SP.

e: Here we go, reminds me so much of That Actor, you might remind him from Those Movies, but his name?

e: Oh GTAO. Remade him exactly to spec and lifestyle, he looks vastly different.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 4, 2013

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I just want to play as "Gabe" from the best GTA4 video ever: retroactive continuity

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Arturo Robusto posted:

How do you switch? I picked a really bad car (I think it's a hybrid) but when I take something else to LCS my only option is to sell it :confused:

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
Is there any way to turn off/reduce volume on voice chat on the PS3? I tried playing a few games online this morning and all I heard was 12 year olds screeching at the top of their lungs at about twice the volume of the game itself.

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

So I tried selling cars as per the trick in the OP but it looks like the timer doesn't reset if you quit GTAO, so that doesn't really work anymore.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

And heh I had a character maker glitch just as I got a good face going. Thank dog for capture equipment. And balls to being able to make a fatty, there are fatty male characters on the street in GTAO, but only BBWs (fatty ladies then) in SP.

e: Here we go, reminds me so much of That Actor, you might remind him from Those Movies, but his name?

I'm a little bummed many of the characters look like this. I mean the general face structure.. I'm also pretty sure everyone's height and weight are the same, the gender is likely the only variable there. Which makes some sense because of how it'd gently caress the animations (like when you grab Lamar's hand) but it's still a shame when we have great character creation tools like in Dragon's Dogma.

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

Is there any way to turn off/reduce volume on voice chat on the PS3? I tried playing a few games online this morning and all I heard was 12 year olds screeching at the top of their lungs at about twice the volume of the game itself.
Seconding this. I know how to selectively turn off voices per person, but I want a universal option.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Pleads posted:

Probably once they figure out how characters are being lost and purchased properties disappearing. The backlash of a few hours lost is one thing but if someone lost something they paid $2 for they would be livid.

What I'm saying is people do not value their time at all.
More to the point, Rock star would probably be legally responsible for reimbursements, which could lead to :fuckoff: big piles of Dink's claiming they'd lost money when they had not,in addition to replacing what is likely tens of thousands of people's lost purchases one at a time.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

Bring up the interaction menu and there's an option to turn chat off completely or set it to crew, friends, and crew + friends.

Stiggs fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 4, 2013

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

lady blue shanghai posted:

How do you switch? I picked a really bad car (I think it's a hybrid) but when I take something else to LCS my only option is to sell it :confused:

I believe you need a garage.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Mitt Romney posted:

Lost my character as well, was rank 12.

Mine seems to be gone too, was rank 15. I still haven't re-created a character in case he decides to come back to life. Still says I have my cash so as long as that transfers I guess I'm okay. Still annoying.

Has anybody had a character disappear and recover recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Stiggs posted:

Bring up the interaction menu and there's an option to turn chat off completely or set it to crew, friends and crew + friends.

Awesome, thank you.

• Locked thread