Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I also want them to get the teddy bear monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

19LettersLong posted:

Are you suggesting that we should keep the numemon?

This is RunButton, not ResetButton. :colbert:

Zeikier fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 7, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the idea of trying once to get something different and just rolling with (or possibly in) the filth if it comes back again.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Part 23

PSST I THINK KYLE FORGOT TO UPDATE THIS

Indeterminacy
Sep 9, 2011

Excuse me, your Rabbit parts are undetached.

quote:

Kyle: This is important. When you use a porta-potty, they don't lose any weight. That's like a game changer.
Keith: Oh motherfucker. That thing's gotta take a nasty dump.
Kyle: *Immediately takes Palmon to the bathroom*
Oh god you guys never change :allears:

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Holy poo poo you finally got Unimon, now you can finally stop running to the shitter all the time.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Indeterminacy posted:

On the surface it was a good decision for keeping their resources available for later.

On the other hand they were doomed to Numemon so it's not like it matters if it just shits wherever.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

10/24/14
Part 24

e: Oh, I guess there's two of the same update now. I didn't have time to post it cause I had to go to sleep and then to work :(

Indeterminacy posted:

I didn't have any way to get a porta potty! :(

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

"If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"

I've always hated this song and its sentiment; but that Numemon deserves the best you can give.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Part 25

e: Whoops, looks like the last minute or so of the video is cut off. Will need to reupload. You're not missing much.

e2: Fixed and reuploaded.

19LettersLong fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 5, 2014

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
That was an unusually abrupt ending.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Yeah, was there more to that an the file uploaded weird, or is there that much more next time?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Monzaemon is only known as Teddymon in the manuals for the keychain toy.
:goonsay:

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yeah, was there more to that an the file uploaded weird, or is there that much more next time?

That was a pretty cliffhanger ending. Are you guys going to DBZ it and break it into several episodes of chipping away at Greymon?

You guys need to fight more digimon and learn attacks. Your attack pool is pretty limited and it transfers over so it's worth building up.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Monzaemon is only known as Teddymon in the manuals for the keychain toy.
:goonsay:

That was a pretty cliffhanger ending. Are you guys going to DBZ it and break it into several episodes of chipping away at Greymon?

You guys need to fight more digimon and learn attacks. Your attack pool is pretty limited and it transfers over so it's worth building up.

Turns out it was an error, it's supposed to go through to the end of the fight. Kyle's going to reupload it soon.

And yeah, it's definitely worth expanding your movepool. Even Numemon, god forbid you get another, can hold his own with the right moves.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Now that you have monzaemon, go learn megalo spark from the unimons in gear savanna.

it owns

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
WTF is 'bootsie'?

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

Astrofig posted:

WTF is 'bootsie'?

I don't know why they're using it as an insult. Any good funk fan should know that Bootsy is the player of the year.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

stereobreadsticks posted:

I don't know why they're using it as an insult. Any good funk fan should know that Bootsy is the player of the year.

Yeah my initial guess was also that it was Bootsy Collins, baba.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, congratulations on making the best out of a Numemon.

Looking forward to what you can buy now with Unimon around.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It's kind of sad that since they didn't put any investment into their Numemon (because gently caress, it's a Numemon) that their ultimate digimon has such average stats. I think that suit's a one-time deal too, so now they'll really have to do it the hard way if they want another ultimate.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
You guys really should have beefed up numemon and then went and found poop spd throw. If you liked party time you would have loved stunlocking enemies to death by throwing poo poo at them so fast they just can't do anything

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Learning more techniques when all you have is horizontal kick is a pain in the arse. Also, Monzaemon's stats are fine considering how young it is. You can train it harder than a champion too.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

I loved this game when I was little. I had it when it first came out and of course all the weird Japanese secrets (go to this one specific spot at this specific time with no indicators to unlock x) went completely over my head. It was one of those games where I was so little I could look up stuff online and see people talking about unlocking Sonic/Mario/etc. as playable characters and poo poo.

I'm replaying it now but one thing I've completely forgotten: other than Sukamon and Numemon, are there any other monsters that require a certain amount of Super Poop Stat? I just don't want to miss out on something for actually taking my monster to the toilet.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
One thing I wonder about is the Virus meter that goes up when your digimon shits on the ground. That seems to stay between reincarnations, so if you let it get full are you stuck with Numemon forever?

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

I distinctly recall there being a way to de-poop your digimon if it becomes a Sukamon.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

the virus meter is your count down to sukamon, the living pile of crap that eats crap
get it full and your digimon becomes sukamon regardless of what it was before, and then the gauge resets
numamon happens if your rookie digimon doesn't meet the requirements to digivolve after a certain number of days
there's one more special filth digimon you can get, that's tied to the happiness and discipline gauges but I never saw it as a kid

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
There's also a :ghost: digimon that you can get when your digimon loses a battle. It's the one that they got early in the LP when they were save-scumming.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Bakemon (the ghost) can also appear in a fashion similar to Numemon, but only on certain digimon. Namely Gabumon, in my experience. As for the final Filth digimon, you get it by getting both Happiness and Discipline gauges to 0. Which I have no idea how to do. You have to screw up really badly to get that one. I'm not even sure if he's as bad as Numemon or what.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Run away from tons of battles to lower discipline, stand in a climate your digimon hates to lower happiness, I assume.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Bakemon (the ghost) can also appear in a fashion similar to Numemon, but only on certain digimon. Namely Gabumon, in my experience. As for the final Filth digimon, you get it by getting both Happiness and Discipline gauges to 0. Which I have no idea how to do. You have to screw up really badly to get that one. I'm not even sure if he's as bad as Numemon or what.

It's practically impossible to get that monster without trying. Running away from battles and scolding are how you do it. Run away from a ton of battles to get discipline down (and happiness goes down at the same time) and then with discipline at 0, scold your little idiot. He'll change into the "secret" filth digimon, who will change into I Love You, Egg for its ultimate.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Colapops posted:

I distinctly recall there being a way to de-poop your digimon if it becomes a Sukamon.

There is. Just take it to the King of Sukamon at Trash Mountain.

Can you not just stuff food down a non-hungry digimon's maw in order to tank its happy/discipline gauges?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

"Suka" is Japanese for "miss" or "nada". It's what's under a losing square on an instant scratch lottery ticket, and what pops up in the status window when Kirby inhales and swallows something that doesn't give him powers. Sounds like Sukamon is even shittier (pun intended) than a consolation prize.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Sukamon's main use is cleaning up all the poop you leave around the world. I think that may be his only use other than filling up your digi-dex.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Colapops posted:

Sukamon's main use is cleaning up all the poop you leave around the world. I think that may be his only use other than filling up your digi-dex.

Sukamon's main use is Etemon.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Seadramon is a beautiful monster. I don't care that I had to get betamon the pushover first, it was worth it.

Are the Dawn/Dusk games worth looking at or picking up? They seem... different.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Colapops posted:

Seadramon is a beautiful monster. I don't care that I had to get betamon the pushover first, it was worth it.

Are the Dawn/Dusk games worth looking at or picking up? They seem... different.

Theyre more Digimon world 3 than anything else.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

They're not amazing, but they're decent rpgs. If you can find them cheap, then yeah I'd say go ahead and pick one of them up.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Just be aware that those games are all HUGE grindfests, you will most likely go mad if you can't handle all the battles.

JonnyCrater
Aug 28, 2011
Hey, I don't think this has been brought up before, but I noticed that when you are training your digimon and his happiness starts to go down, it means you are about to get a sweat drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Posting a new episode to save Kyle and Keith the trouble of finding this near-dead thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQyuiQGvMQY

Also I'd like to mention that their patreon-only LP of Shenmue (mentioned near the end of the episode) is quite early on, but has been great so far. They are definitely into the spirit of the game.

• Locked thread