Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jamsque posted:

Froome being the leader absolutely makes sense, leaving Wiggins off the squad entirely when he has said he's happy to be a domestique doesn't. He is easily one of the nine strongest riders on Sky's roster right now.

Mainly I think it's sad that the most famous British cyclist will not be riding when the most famous bike race in the world starts in Britain.

I think it owns, and I hope it backfires and British cycling fans (pipe dream I know) brutally boo that Saffer Froome and hurt his girlfriends feelings and she calls Wiggins wife the c-word again and Contador wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard

vaginal culture posted:

I think it owns, and I hope it backfires and British cycling fans (pipe dream I know) brutally boo that Saffer Froome and hurt his girlfriends feelings and she calls Wiggins wife the c-word again and Contador wins

Could you go die and rot in a corner somewhere. It's clear you have a problem with Sky and Froome in particular, really, no need to repeat every single goddamn post.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Get on bantertech, OP.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Maybe if Wiggings hadn't pussed out of the Giro and then bailed on Team GB at the worlds then he might have stood a chance of going to the Tour. As it is why would Sky risk Wiggins refusing to be a domestique or far more likely, pull out of the race after 5 stages when its clear he wont be near the podium?

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
He basically won the Tour of California solo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Smirr posted:

Get on bantertech, OP.

Yeah really. Yikes.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Froome is scared of Wigs riding the TDF because he knows he'd lose serious time to him on the cobbles. Wigs could then take the yellow once they hit the mountains. Convention prevents attacking a team mate wearing yellow. If he didn't follow convention it'd not sit well with the peloton and it would be a serious PR headache for Sky. Similar to what happened on Astana between Lance and Contador, just Lance couldn't hold a candle to Contador that year.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Could've been Lemond and Hinault again but nooooo. Fuckin boring bitches and their girlfriend poo poo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pocket posted:

Froome is scared of Wigs riding the TDF because he knows he'd lose serious time to him on the cobbles. Wigs could then take the yellow once they hit the mountains. Convention prevents attacking a team mate wearing yellow. If he didn't follow convention it'd not sit well with the peloton and it would be a serious PR headache for Sky. Similar to what happened on Astana between Lance and Contador, just Lance couldn't hold a candle to Contador that year.

It's gutless what Froome did. I hate Wiggo but there's levels to this poo poo. A TDF winner has to ride the tour. Froome is scared shitless of Contador. Maybe Wiggins goes to OGE next year and teaches them Sky's "methods"

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Uhhh Guys. Are you forgetting that Wiggins is going to win every discipline he enters at the commonwealth games this year, and barring anything weird, do well at the Olympics? It's less "poor wiggo" and more "froomes a bitch"

Rojkir posted:

Could you go die and rot in a corner somewhere. It's clear you have a problem with Sky and Froome in particular, really, no need to repeat every single goddamn post.

As dumb as Vagincal Culture is, it's clear that ~MOST OF THIS THREAD~ has a problem with sky and froome. Because they represent a leading problem with cycling: Froome.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Commonwealth games are irrelevant beyond belief. I actually watched the road race at the last one it was like 7 riders doing laps around some empty Indian city taking turns attacking Cavendish, worth watching actually, was funny.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

vaginal culture posted:

Commonwealth games are irrelevant beyond belief. I actually watched the road race at the last one it was like 7 riders doing laps around some empty Indian city taking turns attacking Cavendish, worth watching actually, was funny.

CWG are incredibly important for a few sports. Weightlifting and track cycling being among them. Specifically track cycling where 3 of the 4 dominant countries are members of the commonwealth. Nobody gives a gently caress about the road race.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/jun/07/chris-froome-interview

quote:

What is your favourite word?
Hakuna matata – which means "No worries" in Swahili.

What a loving chump.

Also that's two words you bellend.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Gibbo posted:

CWG are incredibly important for a few sports. Weightlifting and track cycling being among them. Specifically track cycling where 3 of the 4 dominant countries are members of the commonwealth. Nobody gives a gently caress about the road race.

Laura Trott and Jason Kenny don't agree.

quote:

Trott said of the Commonwealth Games: “A lot of people don’t even take it seriously. It’s the same with a lot of countries.

“I went to Delhi [in 2010] as a youngster and there was barely anyone there. It’s not the same as a World Championships and it’s certainly not the same as an Olympic Games.”

In the same article, published on Wednesday, Kenny said that a “lot of members of the public probably see the Commonwealths as second only to the Olympics but, when you’re actually involved in the sport, it doesn’t seem that way. It gets devalued a bit.”

They were later forced to 're-explain' themselves.

Personally, any track racing that gets on TV is always a plus for me as it's usually never on.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

He's a real mong isn't he. Can't wait for the Brits to turn on him. He sees himself as the new Lance but has half the brains and none of the charisma.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Wiggins Tour of Austria winner 2014.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 7, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wiggins would have pulled out of the tour after 5 stages with a 'knee injury'. Why are we suddenly expecting anything different from the king of bottlers?

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
Yes, he crashed.

and because Chris Froome is an almost 30, baby brained wiener.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

vaginal culture posted:

He's a real mong isn't he. Can't wait for the Brits to turn on him. He sees himself as the new Lance but has half the brains and none of the charisma.

But twice the juicing technology and 4x as much money behind him.

Excuse me while I remove this foot from my mouth. Although when I talked to one of the Canadian hopefuls she seemed like it was fairly high on her list.

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that for Trott (and most of GB), without France (pervis) and Germany (Vos) there, it's pretty much an autowin in everything except the team events, so they really don't care? And they just want to go back to making the best looking future cyclist in the history.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 7, 2014

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Tyler farrar the useless bastard is about to not win me my body weight in beer. Inner city crit racing owns though.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Cancellara crashed at 55km/h yesterday, luckily he avoided any serious injury.

Start of Dauphiné today with the 10km prologue, worth watching for the special tunnel they will go through.
All the stages in the Dauphiné will finish earlier than usual, around 2:45pm CET .

http://www.cyclingfans.com/criterium-du-dauphine/live
http://www.procyclinglive.com/livestream/

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Good time so far by the american with the dutch sounding name.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Froome still way ahead when it come to TT.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I liked Froome better after I watched this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxjGFuCiaoQ

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

vaginal culture posted:

Yeah really. Yikes.

Wow look at this beta

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Should we change the title of the thread in the mean time?

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
I think you need a mod for that, I can't change it in the edit option.

Porte dropped already, this is surprising. Only Nieve left to help Froome with 6.5km to go.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Contador looked like he was barely having to work to stick with Froome there.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This sounds like a great stage, ipad and android phone refusing to stream so going to have to watch the highlights later

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Froome is absolutely burning it down there and Contador looks like he's riding on the flat.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
For any of you US goons, the Dauphine is being aired on NBCSports at 6 eastern (in HD no less) every day this week it looks like.

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

Um so am I going to have to start respecting Froome now?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Great work by Thomas and Nieve for Froome. Destroyed the peloton.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Froome was impressive today, he is back to his 2013 level. The queen stage on Saturday will be very interesting, it should be better suited for a natural climber like Contador.

Van Garderen is the big looser of the day among the favourite.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Mr.Nice posted:

Froome was impressive today, he is back to his 2013 levels.

I thought this is what the biological passport was supposed to prevent

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'm glad that convicted doper Contador didnt win today. However I was a little surprised at the ease he was staying with Froome. He seems much 'stronger' than last year.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I'm glad that convicted doper Contador didnt win today. However I was a little surprised at the ease he was staying with Froome. He seems much 'stronger' than last year.

Did you actually watch it? He was hurting and wasn't able to get round froome.

Really great stage today, should be a great dauphine and hopefully a superb tour.

Crystael
Mar 19, 2010

Gibbo posted:

I thought this is what the biological passport was supposed to prevent

Seriously, pal, go back to The Clinic if you've nothing better to contribute.

Fantastic stage and, as others have said, this is far from over. I think Bertie was clever today - hardly rode in the wind at all and he'll surely be fresher come the queen stage. Bring it on.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

TUE's for asthma are getting ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Bertie was hurting, he has a very smooth style but you could see it on his face. He said he had a mechanical issue with his bike in the last km, not sure what specifically.

I wonder if he will try another sneaky move a long way out on stage 4 or 5 and catch sky snoozing. Probably not worth the risk in the tune up race.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 9, 2014

• Locked thread