Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

ck2 isn't good mostly because of the severely autistic interface

too bad cause I married a 16 year old girl with very high intrigue as 40 year old something and did the same with my early 20s son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Ekster posted:

ck2 isn't good mostly because of the severely autistic interface

too bad cause I married a 16 year old girl with very high intrigue as 40 year old something and did the same with my early 20s son

cool fakepost

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

tranime scholar posted:

the one thing they didn't change from diablo 2 but should have

the only thing about diablo ii that doesn't own is act 4

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

you seen the poo poo about the new ck2 and eu4 dlcs?

Yeah. I read the real mapgame thread every couple of days.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Actually I haven't seen the EU4 stuff since I only been following the CK2 thread. I'm way behind on that. Literally haven;t played since protectorate garbage ruined my Novgorod game.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Actually I haven't seen the EU4 stuff since I only been following the CK2 thread. I'm way behind on that. Literally haven;t played since protectorate garbage ruined my Novgorod game.

you vassalize hordes as of uh... i dunno a few patches ago maybe. anyway the war and interface changes announced for the next dlc/patch sound cool and like probably the most substantive dlc. provincial autonomy is the big new thing. and some sort of new rebel system ("Unrest" instead of revolt risk?) but they aren't really talking about it until the dev diary later this week

also they hired some autistic guys to add a billion indian and african provinces. the first dev diary is huge because of the indian map stuff.

oh and i can't remember if you play vicky 2 but my Self Determination mod is playable now because i've been working on it.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
theya re adding MORE indian provinces?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

kill you are self posted:

the only thing about diablo ii that doesn't own is act 4

act 4 was bland until hell and gently caress oblivion knights forever for casting iron maiden but once they removed that it wasn't so bad. act 2 was entirely awful and act 3 was boring aside from travincal and durance

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Hoodrich posted:

theya re adding MORE indian provinces?

to eu4 not ck2

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
DICE are incompetent devs and the only reason anyone cuts them slack is because EA is their parent company

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
video games are for children

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LaTex Fetish posted:

core gameplay is pretty tight. its an rpg. you swing a sword and if your sword swinging level is high you stab that motherfucker. you dont really need to grind but you can if you want.

atmosphere is vague because its hard to explain. great over arching quest line that is simple if you want it to be, otherwise there's rich lore to explore in game. theres a bunch of different areas in the game which are cool, but the place still feels oppressive no matter how green the grass gets which is the way its supposed to feel because red mountain and ash storms because evil

draw me a diagram with some anime anyway though because i need my fix

Oh, so you're one of those dumbasses who actually gives a poo poo about lore and story in a game. Holy poo poo, you faggots make me want to puke my loving guts out. If I wanted a story, I'd read a goddamned book. I'll say it again, if the people who write for games were actually talented, they'd be out there writing novels, because there's far more prestige and money involved. The people who write for video games are the detritus of the writing world and the hackneyed, predictable bullshit they churn out on a regular basis is all the proof in the world you need of that. The most important part of any game is the gameplay. Graphics, sound and yes even *chuckles* lore are all secondary to that one consideration. Calling the gameplay of Morrowind "tight" is as moronic as saying the "atmosphere" is good. These are deliberately ambiguous, subjective terms you're using in order to weasel your way out of justifying your ridiculous opinion. I'd invite you to try and do that now, for your third attempt running, but quite frankly at this point I'd rather make friends with the bottom of a cliff than be subject to any more of your mindless musings. gently caress off, oval office.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lightning Returns is the only good Final Fantasy game. It's the Dark Souls of video games.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Samus is pretty hot.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yolomancer posted:

Oh, so you're one of those dumbasses who actually gives a poo poo about lore and story in a game. Holy poo poo, you faggots make me want to puke my loving guts out. If I wanted a story, I'd read a goddamned book. I'll say it again, if the people who write for games were actually talented, they'd be out there writing novels, because there's far more prestige and money involved. The people who write for video games are the detritus of the writing world and the hackneyed, predictable bullshit they churn out on a regular basis is all the proof in the world you need of that. The most important part of any game is the gameplay. Graphics, sound and yes even *chuckles* lore are all secondary to that one consideration. Calling the gameplay of Morrowind "tight" is as moronic as saying the "atmosphere" is good. These are deliberately ambiguous, subjective terms you're using in order to weasel your way out of justifying your ridiculous opinion. I'd invite you to try and do that now, for your third attempt running, but quite frankly at this point I'd rather make friends with the bottom of a cliff than be subject to any more of your mindless musings. gently caress off, oval office.

Lol.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yolomancer posted:

:eyepop:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

you vassalize hordes as of uh... i dunno a few patches ago maybe. anyway the war and interface changes announced for the next dlc/patch sound cool and like probably the most substantive dlc. provincial autonomy is the big new thing. and some sort of new rebel system ("Unrest" instead of revolt risk?) but they aren't really talking about it until the dev diary later this week

also they hired some autistic guys to add a billion indian and african provinces. the first dev diary is huge because of the indian map stuff.

oh and i can't remember if you play vicky 2 but my Self Determination mod is playable now because i've been working on it.

I think I hate EU4 way more than I like it so I'm just staying away from it until I get an uncontrollable itch to play.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Yolomancer posted:

did you like planescape?

Mobzy
Mar 22, 2010

Yolomancer posted:

Agreed.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Yolomancer posted:

wow!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yolomancer posted:

Purestrain win.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Pomp posted:

chrono cross is thegood one

if chrono cross wasn't expected to be a chrono trigger sequel it would stand on its own as a memorable but weird game that is okay despite some serious faults

Dec 26, 2012

Yolomancer posted:

The most important part of any game is the gameplay. Graphics, sound and yes even *chuckles* lore are all secondary to that one consideration. Calling the gameplay of Morrowind "tight" is as moronic as saying the "atmosphere" is good. These are deliberately ambiguous, subjective terms you're using in order to weasel your way out of justifying your ridiculous opinion. I'd invite you to try and do that now, for your third attempt running, but quite frankly at this point I'd rather make friends with the bottom of a cliff than be subject to any more of your mindless musings. gently caress off, oval office.

yolomancer dropping truthbombs itt

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

chrono cross is that game that despite its weirdness is strangely forgettable

i liked the part where you turn into your fursona in some bizarro world but i have no idea what the plot was about

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Ekster posted:

i have no idea what the plot was about

F.A.T.E.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BigLeafyTree posted:

if chrono cross wasn't expected to be a chrono trigger sequel it would stand on its own as a memorable but weird game that is okay despite some serious faults
Only if losing the Chrono Trigger tie-in unfucked the pacing.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I never thought that CK2+ was good, even when it was generally considered good.

Same. I mean I didn't hated it, but I found it silly that goons were all like CK2 was unplayable without it.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
deus ex is loving overrated as loving gently caress

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Yolomancer posted:

didn't they have some famous author put together the lore for kingdoms of amalur though, and that was a drat shitshow

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Shadow of the Colossus is not good because it's "art." It's good because it's fun to loving murder large things in creative ways.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

dlc is not as bad as most gamers will scream about it being. it's bad, and usually lazy, but it's not Literal Theft

i've yet to see an actual case of a company cutting content from a game to be made into dlc just for $$$$. i haven't looked very hard tho so w/e.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

i've yet to see an actual case of a company cutting content from a game to be made into dlc just for $$$$. i haven't looked very hard tho so w/e.

lol

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

thats what people always say but then i ask for examples and people never provide them

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

online gaming is sad

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Silver Striker posted:

dlc is not as bad as most gamers will scream about it being. it's bad, and usually lazy, but it's not Literal Theft

well the most obvious answer i can currently think of is the 'from the ashes' dlc from me3. they removed a whole character (a protherean) and turned him and his little missions into dlc

Dec 26, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

are you for real

Dec 26, 2012

Video Viddy Games posted:

well the most obvious answer i can currently think of is the 'from the ashes' dlc from me3. they removed a whole character (a protherean) and turned him and his little missions into dlc

shale from dragon age too

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Hey guys, get this: most videogames don't actually have that bad of stories. A story doesn't need intricate sociopolitical or psychological commentary to be good. MGR? Perfectly good story that serves its purpose nothing more nothing less.

Games don't need to be art, just good.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Video Viddy Games posted:

i didnt play mass effect 3 because mass effect is bad but thats dumb

shale was free to people who bought the game at launch tho? and theres actually a reason for that but the short version is da:o had an extremely hosed development cycle and shale wouldn't have been in the game under normal circumstances

honestly tho i dont like dlc and i rarely (if ever) buy it, i just don't think it's The Worst Thing Ever as most gamers seem to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

Games don't need to be art, just good.

• Locked thread