Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Sleep of Bronze posted:

Ha. Alfred the Great at Murdering.

Alfred the Not So Great At Hiding His Plots just doesn't have the same ring to it.

As to Mr. Morgenstern's vote, I'll say Iberia. Better to secure a staging ground for the eventual Israeli reclamation than to jump the gun and be the target of a Crusade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Iberia

Jerusalem will still be around when we're through with that.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
Feudal Chapter Four: This Doormat Has a Trap Door
Feudal Chapter Five: The Dark Times of Ruslan
Feudal State of the World, April 7th 826

There's a vote in the State of the World. Also, see if you can spot when I installed Way of Life.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I say we ride!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Teach Lithuania a lesson! Ambivalent on the Irish Jew run :)

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
Triple tie! Go Balkan.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

I'll vote to focus on Lithuania as well.

(As to my next update, it's coming someday, I promise. My first attempt revealed an unexpected issue that you'll see when I post it.)

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Bring the Balkans to heel

Anyways, I'm closing my vote and we're off to Iberia. See you then!

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Update 3: Loyalty at Swordpoint

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I love the idea of Lovecraftian cultist horders seizing the wild wastelands of New England. Keep it up and let's see the whole of the East Coast under the sway of the Old Ones.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Oh, the update, right.

Chapter Twenty: The Iberian Peninsula

There are an alarming amount of bastards who want their land back. At they're easier to deal with than liberation revolts.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 30, 2014

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
His Holiness, the Abbess-General. Mm.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Sleep of Bronze posted:

Ah, localization.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

New update!

Chapter Twenty One: Moors and Merchants

Alright, this will be in the far future, but once I feel the thread is self-sustaining I hope to start a Paradox Mega Campaign as the Satrap of Kabulistan, 867. Instead of the Shahis, we're going to have the Nagar dynasty, and attempt to survive against the Saffarids, Seljuks, Ghaznavids, Mongols, and Timurids. I hope that an Afghan Hindu campaign would serve as a nice change of pace from the more European centered runs. I'm also thinking about adding a history section either at the end of each update or every few update to explain historical dynasties, concepts, and events. This would also include talk about the Dharmic religions, pre-Islamic Afghanistan and why the Nazis were obsessed with the Indian Aryans.

Does that sound interesting to you guys?

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 31, 2014

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Does that sound interesting to you guys?

A big +1 from me, is that a character creator character or some awesomely-statted historical figure who you transferred the title to? (I don't have RoI which is kind of shameful considering I am really into Indian history but know very little about the pre-Timurid / Mughal period)

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Character creator + console. Since we are directly in F***-Zone Alley, I figured we'd need a strong leader to guide us through. If I get this LP up and running he won't be exactly the same, but he'll still have good stats.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

So apparently console commanding one of my patricians into being Jewish is code for CK2 to CTD. Any advice for creating a Jewish patrician in the Turov Republic?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe the game is upset by your in-adherence to matrilineality. Convert his mother as well.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

Or the game throws a fit when I try and kill his wife to ensure he has kids. There are ways around this; I'll start again tomorrow.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Chapter Twenty Two: Emperor Scientist

Update here!

So I'm doing a test run of the Nagars when I find this in Europe. There's actually a perfectly good explanation as to why this happened and frankly this didn't last long, but I wanted you to simply look at it.

LOOK AT IT

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Sleep of Bronze posted:

This is actually fixed in the latest version, though we've been holding off on releasing the compatibility patch until Paradox unfucks the game, what with that levy bug in vanilla.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

So I'm doing a test run of the Nagars when I find this in Europe. There's actually a perfectly good explanation as to why this happened and frankly this didn't last long, but I wanted you to simply look at it.

LOOK AT IT
Let me introduce you to this guy:

In my current Norse game, this guy came to power, ruled for 45 years and single-handedly converted the entire Ummayad Empire to Catholicism, one hundred years later they are still catholic and the largest defender of the faith against my encroaching pagan armies.
I have no idea how he was converted, but my guess is that he was captured as a child and was converted while in the dungeons, as I know of no other way this could have happened.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

Vote is closed for the Republic, looks like we're helping the Zuni reform - and a Patrician of the Jews is coming!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Haha, those Karaite revolts had me scratching my head for a while, because I was wondering why on earth you had Ibadi heretics in Ireland until I was like; "Whoops, it's the Jewish heresy".

Also, GF is visiting from abroad (Unexpected but wonderful!), so I've been removed from my normal computer. Her laptop has a copy of CK2 but it runs a bit slowly and I'm not sure when I'll have the time when she's here, but I'll start with the into at least. I'll start with just showing off the normal situation then explain why I say gently caress that and do a ruler designed character instead.

sheep-dodger posted:

In my current Norse game, this guy came to power, ruled for 45 years and single-handedly converted the entire Ummayad Empire to Catholicism, one hundred years later they are still catholic and the largest defender of the faith against my encroaching pagan armies.
I have no idea how he was converted, but my guess is that he was captured as a child and was converted while in the dungeons, as I know of no other way this could have happened.
Was this a CM game or a Viking age one? In CM most of the lands are Catholic still; it's actually way easier to rule them as a Catholic than a muslim.

AdventFalls posted:

Vote is closed for the Republic, looks like we're helping the Zuni reform - and a Patrician of the Jews is coming!
It's funny though, that Zuni reform benefits them least of Pagans, because of them already being feudal and having access to ultimo from the start. Holy Wars and actual conversion chances (and the Sunbros of course) in exchange for losing the Subjugation CB, which can grab you vast swathes of land. Still helps them a bunch.

Just wish there was an easier way to boost up MA than repeatedly doing the "Paragon of Virtue" ambition for leaderless religions.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

Update time for me too!
Republic Chapter Four - The Age of Pagans

In addition to the vote in this update, your suggested console options are:
>Let Cornwall form England
>Help the newcomers to India carve out their own fiefdom
>Put Hungarians in charge of Pannonia
>SCOTSMEN? IN MY EGYPT?!

The Red Shirt accepts suggestions.

AdventFalls fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 1, 2015

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Let the Canmores reign again.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We need a strong empire to stand against the centralized empires to the north and south.

Let Great Cornwall rise.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
>Send the Scotsmen to Egypt! Also, Strong Empire.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Chapter Twenty Three: Barcelona

Update!

These guys just do not go away! Bastards.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

I'm gonna vote the opposite end here and say we break up all the blobs. Also, help with the shakeup in India.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Update is here. It's a little short, but I hope you like it. It's special. (But not the "I shed the blood of Swedish men" kind of special)

Chapter Twenty Four: Revelations

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Well, that was illuminating.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Alfred the great at murdering is waiting for the levy bug to be fixed because what's the point of living in hyper aggressive Norse country if the Norse can't actually attack you.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

LoonShia posted:

Well, that was illuminating.

:rimshot:

Here is the State of the World in 1066. It's quite different from our own timeline.

State of the World 1066

World Map

edit: I hate to say it guys, but I'm starting to get burned out on the Ireland run. However, I'd like to be able to pass it on to someone else to continue. There's just one problem. The last 60 years in-game have been using a mod I created that allows Jews to have more available mercenaries. Do these links work for you guys? I'd just like to test them out right now.

example - Copy.zip (the mod I used)

Ireland save (1080)

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jan 4, 2015

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Update.

Chapter Twenty Five: Pretty Borders

I'm sorry guys, I can't continue this right now. I love doing LPs, but I'd like to work on the Afghan LP. This LP is already as long as two of my other ones. And we're only half way through the game.

With that said, would anyone else like to take up the cause of Ireland and the Isles and restore the Holy Land? I'd really appreciate it.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 5, 2015

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
I would say leave the file up and do your Afghan LP. Do what's fun for you. If you want to come back to Jews in Ireland, then do so, but you've shown quite a bit of fun already.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Alright, before I take this to the sandcastle, I'd just like to show off the first update of the Afghan Mega LP and see what you guys think of it.

Chapter One: Beginnings

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Ugh, getting the Saffarids gunning for you this soon :(

But it's nice seeing somebody play an LP in this region. As for your Jewish merchant republic, you've already reached the point where you are invincible. Just leave the file up for the chance that somebody else might want to finish it (conquering Israel is the only thing that remains anyway), and don't feel bad for concentrating on your Afghanistan LP.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

I'll be closing the Turov Republic vote tomorrow at 6PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

Closing the Turov Republic vote. There's rumors of men from the Northern Isles with hangovers in Egypt, and the empire must be kept strong!

I might be a little late on the feudal update while I try my hand at modding in a custom event or two.

• Locked thread