Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CURRENT RULES:
For Glory: Omega stages only, no items, no customization
For Epic Lulz: Items on, only banned stages, full customization
Tournament Mode: No banned stages, no items, no customization
Imp Zone: Random stage, S-Flags only, moveset customization
View Results

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

extra stout posted:

hey 'but rocks hurt head' i added you so please add me and let me know what time is good for you, pm or here

hello extra stout, i will add you later. i unfortunately won't be able to play until later today once i'm home from work, i hope that's not too long of a wait for the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

Not a Children posted:

notchildrenstuff

Hey, what time would you like to have our match?

I can smash ~6 hours from now(anytime after 5:30pm ET(Eastern Time)

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Evil Eagle posted:

Well, I have work in the morning so I will have to smash with I am Reverend tomorrow. Until then.

Sorry, my girlfriend was making me binge Dr. Who with her. I'll be around all day but might be distracted by Borderlands.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
kay Omglosser I have a room prepared with the tournament style rules set up, stage will be...hm, Ferox, I guess

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 14, 2014

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Chill Penguin posted:

I updated the bracket..

Still waiting to play louisgod

I propose a "check-in" clause: if you haven't checked into the tournament by halfway point (3pm EST) then you lose your match.

What happened that shuffled me around the loser's bracket down like that? I was supposed to fight the loser of AJ in the first bracket, but now I'm fighting the winner of the losers from B and C? Of which no one has seems to have fought yet...

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

pandaK posted:

What happened that shuffled me around the loser's bracket down like that? I was supposed to fight the loser of AJ in the first bracket, but now I'm fighting the winner of the losers from B and C? Of which no one has seems to have fought yet...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I am Reverend posted:

Sorry, my girlfriend was making me binge Dr. Who with her. I'll be around all day but might be distracted by Borderlands.

I'll be at lunch in around 2 hours if you want to smash then. If I don't catch you at lunch we can go sometime after 4 pm mountain time.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Hm, when you put it that way it does start to make sense a little...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will be working from 1-5Pm EST and then I have some friends I need to go hang out with. If I am Reverend or Evil Eagle want to have their match with me I won't be in until about 8.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Zeuhl posted:

Hey, what time would you like to have our match?

I can smash ~6 hours from now(anytime after 5:30pm ET(Eastern Time)

Tonight may be a little tough for me -- I've got a networking reception to attend around 6. I could do around 8:30, if that's alright with you?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Ok so I'm probably not going to be available tonight either as I just learned I have family in town. Do we really expect to be done by 9? Seems unlikely.

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

Not a Children posted:

Tonight may be a little tough for me -- I've got a networking reception to attend around 6. I could do around 8:30, if that's alright with you?

dandy as sour candy cotton candy

translation: yes thats good

i hope that networking reception means what i think it means

we won't have any lag since you'll be a networking wizard!

see you then imp!

edit: Oh! Well, thats alright. I don't see how things could possibly finish up tonight even if there are cutoff times.

Just post here if you can smash after all because I'll be refreshing this thread alot because i'm normal

Zeuhl fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 14, 2014

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

hello extra stout, i will add you later. i unfortunately won't be able to play until later today once i'm home from work, i hope that's not too long of a wait for the thread.

sounds good let me know what time

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

PantsBandit posted:

Ok so I'm probably not going to be available tonight either as I just learned I have family in town. Do we really expect to be done by 9? Seems unlikely.

it's 9AM EST tomorrow

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I really doubt we will even be at semifinals by tomorrow morning

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
it's all ogre

Omglosser proceeds asdf

it did not help that in the middle of the first match my dad just came up and was all berating me for sitting on the stairs x.x

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Looking forward to the next tournament, I have a lot of practicing to do.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Gyra_Solune posted:

it's all ogre

Omglosser proceeds asdf

it did not help that in the middle of the first match my dad just came up and was all berating me for sitting on the stairs x.x

:(
It was a good match though, Rosalina usually whips my rear end.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I'll be at lunch in around 2 hours if you want to smash then. If I don't catch you at lunch we can go sometime after 4 pm mountain time.

Ok, I'll leave a room open. Nice Mii.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Supercar Guatier I am ready for you! My body is ready!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Cool but I'm at work now until after 7 EST.

Dec 26, 2012

omglosser what time you wanna do this. my best times tonight are like 7:30-8:30 EST or midnight+ EST

4484-8208-7278 - Shulk/Link/Samus

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Supercar Gautier posted:

Cool but I'm at work now until after 7 EST.

so you'll be around in like 7 hours? looks like it might be some 1 am smash for aston!

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

01011001 posted:

omglosser what time you wanna do this. my best times tonight are like 7:30-8:30 EST or midnight+ EST

4484-8208-7278 - Shulk/Link/Samus

If I can get onto the wifi at work tonight I can do after midnight.
Otherwise, I've got the next few hours from now mostly free, might be gone for a little bit though.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Omglosser posted:

:(
It was a good match though, Rosalina usually whips my rear end.

Despite like, "getting" the gist of how to play her I'm not actually that good with her, I REALLY need to get the hang of positioning the luma to do the brunt of damage, but instead I just kinda charge in there and use the luma as an afterthought

...Ike usually whips my rear end online too so as soon as you changed to him I was sure I wasn't turning that around (that sd didn't help matters)

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

Leadthumb posted:

Looking forward to the next tournament, I have a lot of practicing to do.

I never played against mii brawler before but man was I terrified

You rocked me with Dedede as well against the character I thought I was least likely to lose with.

I was fortunate enough to have a vision that allowed me to CHANGE THE FUTURE

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Videos be had. (They are also fairly bad, but screw $300)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UgSKwNsAQ8 Endgame vs Valex R1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsAk7gS3zKk Endgame vs Valex R2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-_LFqrgUvc Endgame vs PandaK R1 (R2 was forfeit and could not be replayed)

_Endgame_ fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 14, 2014

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Reverend, you're a crazy Jigglypuff. Those were some heart pounding matches.

Wii Fit vs Jiggs: Jiggs wins
Duck Hunt vs Jiggs: Duck Hunt wins (although he did kill himself for the last stock)
Duck Hunt vs Jiggs: Duck Hunt wins

2-1 for me, really fun matches. I saved the replay of the last one so I might put a video up of it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I hear that I need to do some tournament matches; I've been busy constructively contributing to a few choice threads so sorry about that :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Looks like it's me and Reverend in loser's then.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Widestancer posted:

I hear that I need to do some tournament matches; I've been busy constructively contributing to a few choice threads so sorry about that :(

You might end up advancing by default if Seshoho Clan doesn't show his/herself.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

You might end up advancing by default if Seshoho Clan doesn't show his/herself.

Technically Correct is the Best Kind of Correct

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

it looks like he's online right now

Dec 26, 2012

Omglosser posted:

If I can get onto the wifi at work tonight I can do after midnight.
Otherwise, I've got the next few hours from now mostly free, might be gone for a little bit though.

yeah unfortunately i cant really do much until like 5-6 hours from now

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Reverend, you're a crazy Jigglypuff. Those were some heart pounding matches.

Wii Fit vs Jiggs: Jiggs wins
Duck Hunt vs Jiggs: Duck Hunt wins (although he did kill himself for the last stock)
Duck Hunt vs Jiggs: Duck Hunt wins

2-1 for me, really fun matches. I saved the replay of the last one so I might put a video up of it.

The Duck Hunt matches were closer than I thought they'd be. I wanted a smaller map with platforms for the last fight because approaching that goddamn dog on bigass final destination is kind of the worst.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The "Jethro" meme

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Dammit, Bob, where are you?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I am Reverend posted:

The Duck Hunt matches were closer than I thought they'd be. I wanted a smaller map with platforms for the last fight because approaching that goddamn dog on bigass final destination is kind of the worst.
Ready all day whenever you wanna Smash a Bro.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Endorph posted:

Ready all day whenever you wanna Smash a Bro.

K I've got a room open and am ready to get owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Good games, Reverend. I feel kinda bad because I basically made off with that first match like a thief in the night. You're insanely good at hopping around and landing hits with Jiggs, by the way.

2-0, my win.

Ganondorf (W) vs Shulk
Yoshi (W) vs Jigglypuff

Endorph fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 14, 2014

• Locked thread