Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

quote:

Tappokone said:

quote:

Originally Posted by traz
tappo, explain to me how merks losting has been wolfier than lenc.

your obsession with merk is reaching arcbell levels of gimmicktry
Len seems to be a not very good wolf based on a quick look at a couple of older wolf games of his. Like, his wolf game seems to be built around contributing a bit of rote work and blending in. In this game there's a considerable amount of village botting to his posting, but he'd have to be trying harder than he usually does as a wolf. His pushes on me haven't been any good at all on their merits, but I'm not sure if he'd even get that aggressive as a wolf.

Merk's reads are simplistic and the thinking that goes into them tends to be surface level. The strength of evidence doesn't correlate with his confidence levels. "This guy isn't doing X, which villagers should be doing, therefore lock wolf." "Wolves sometimes do X, this guy did X, therefore lock wolf." That sort of thing. There are signs that he isn't reading the thread very carefully at all. If he's criticized, he loves to deflect instead of discussing it.

Someone is really bitter about losing to Merk in game 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
It's like watching a car accident. You know it's going to end badly, but you just can't look away.

quote:

Saberwolf posted:
Not a single wolf ever voted for tappokone. Discuss.

quote:

Thingyman said:
Interesting.

I'm convinced.

quote:

Moocher said:
well named voted for tappo on d1 so what else have you got?

this voting analysis of yours hasn't borne a lot of fruit afaik

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

quote:

Tappokone said:
I don't know if this is apparent based on my posts, but in case I get lynched, I'd like it to be known that I put quite a bit of time and thought into my reads. My reads aren't based on personal antipathies or sympathies, either; I like being right too much to let anything like that happen.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am so glad you are reading this game and not me because I think I would have flung a monitor through a window by now

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

What's really amusing to me is that these guys clearly have irrational Merk fear after only playing one game with the guy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Merk has a gift.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Being the impressively persuasive person that he is, that fear is not really irrational, especially when surrounded by idiots

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
They're mad about how perfectly ~wolfy~ he played in that one game.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I want the game to end so I can go harass Thingyman, who is truly worse than capps even.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

They're mad about how perfectly ~wolfy~ he played in that one game.

Yes they are, especially tappokone, who is determined to be the one person who can say "Merk didn't fool me". Shame for him that Merk is town.

Kumbamontu posted:

Being the impressively persuasive person that he is, that fear is not really irrational, especially when surrounded by idiots

Except none of these idiots listen to him. When he cased TTT on D2 the few people who responded just went "meh" and went back to whatever insanity it was they were doing.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Omg, so good. Lenc was town

quote:

lenC, you are Vanilla Town. You win the game by eliminating all Mafia.

Dude just stopped posting hours before the lynch. Didn't even try to find the last scum or convince people he was town.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

OH MY GOD IT WAS MERK ALL ALONG

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

If it was, dude is a genius.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm not sure anyone else is good enough to have made it that far as scum.

On D2 scum got mod killed and then D3, 4, 5 and 6 they lynched scum. These guys were pretty bad AND they got lucky outing a town JOAT and lynching the town doc D1.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Champions.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

How many "champions" are left?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

The last wolf needs to survive 3 mislynches, I think.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Has anyone said lone wolfy yet?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Dr. Hurt posted:

How many "champions" are left?

Just read the OP bro.

-Genie :cheeky:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

prediction: all the 'champions' are going to remain fooled by 'the one guy who trusts them' until he takes the award for MVP based on never being suspected

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm gonna laugh really hard if the scum turns out to be Crunkus.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

i am secretly in this game, and it is me. i am the last wolf. guess my username, win a prize !!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

winvirus posted:

i am secretly in this game, and it is me. i am the last wolf. guess my username, win a prize !!

merk_sa?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

winvirus posted:

Greetings, Dwetzel

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tappokone has laid out (some) of his case on merk. It's insanely long and I don't have time at the moment to quote it and clean it up, but I'll do it tonight if people are interested to read it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Tappokone has laid out (some) of his case on merk. It's insanely long and I don't have time at the moment to quote it and clean it up, but I'll do it tonight if people are interested to read it.

Is it a good case?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Is it a good case?

It's a CHAMPION case

ie, it's completely based on confirmation bias.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It's a CHAMPION case

ie, it's completely based on confirmation bias.

Oh, please post it then!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dwetzel to Crunkus (my emphasis)

quote:

He continuously does this because he is right and you are wrong

What you're supposed to do when people don't immediately suck you off for your reads is to develop other reads that you can gain some sort of traction on

There is a MASSIVE case tappo posted on this page that should be right up your alley; you're completely ignoring it though to bitch about stuff you want to bitch about

Die, wolf

Stay classy dwetzel

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also the days have been shortened now. Day ends in about 2 hours. Looks like Crunkus will probably be the vote for today. Most people are afraid because they can't "read" him.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Crunkus goes insane. Please note that he votes for merk in this post (bold is how they vote)

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by merk_sa
Crunkus also has a post on day 2 where he calls out like 3/4 scum as his 'worry list' with zero explanation. I should've quoted it.

Un****ing believable.

I explain every read I have, and then someone demands I post a list without explaining it...and then I get this.

I have never created a worry list without explanation. Read the context around that post.

merk

Thingy is the last wolf. I don't really relate to tapp's case. There's a lot of spew related stuff and narrative spinning that doesn't seem clear cut to me. It's not how I argue for wolfreads.

I haven't responded to it, but I need to go home.

If this is coming down to this kind of reasoning that is going to dominate...then just be done with it.

Absolutely. I'm not trying to solve the puzzle. I'm not explaining my reads. If you say it enough times it must be true. Especially if you say it has something to do with a quote.

I don't think merk is the right lynch.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Thingyman is the last wolf. Wins the game. Becomes mafia champion of the world.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Crunkus goes insane. Please note that he votes for merk in this post (bold is how they vote)

Un****ing believable.

I explain every read I have, and then someone demands I post a list without explaining it...and then I get this.

I have never created a worry list without explanation. Read the context around that post.

merk

Thingy is the last wolf. I don't really relate to tapp's case. There's a lot of spew related stuff and narrative spinning that doesn't seem clear cut to me. It's not how I argue for wolfreads.

I haven't responded to it, but I need to go home.

If this is coming down to this kind of reasoning that is going to dominate...then just be done with it.

Absolutely. I'm not trying to solve the puzzle. I'm not explaining my reads. If you say it enough times it must be true. Especially if you say it has something to do with a quote.

I don't think merk is the right lynch.
[/quote]

If you don't think merk is the right lynch, why are you voting for him you idiot?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Please, Exakt. Let a champion play his game. His gambits are too advanced for your "logic."

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Crunkus vs thingyman 2: this time it's personal

quote:

Crunkus said:

quote:

Originally Posted by Thingyman
I'd like to note that I actually jumped at Tom for jumping at you based on this.

So no go.

So yesterday was crap. Now that I'm the flavour of the day, you find my impression of your attitude in this regard to be without any conceivable basis in reality...and I'm full of crap.

Do you mean ANYTHING you say?

You went through the trouble of going back and getting this, and in reading...you can't see how aside for your "jumping at tom" you might want to quote what you did say....you said plenty more which was basically nodding along and laying the blame for everything at my feet?

also...there's the issue with you and your differing attitude toward tldr.

Your post to traz that you can handle the big posts...your long posts....and your lament at how my long posts and 1000's of questions (where?) were the only thing that made you "evasive" in that exchange.

You know you were.

You are really good at this game in this environment...but you shouldn't be allowed to get away with this kind of thing.

Nobody is bothering to check if any of the bull**** you attribute to me is true.

It isn't.

You've been lying your rear end off.

quote:

Thingyman said:
I can only respond in an insulting way if I am to actually seriously respond to that post, so I choose to not respond.

quote:

Thingyman said:
Actually, screw it

I need to see if I can level with you on just ONE THING. Just ONE THING.

"also...there's the issue with you and your differing attitude toward tldr.

Your post to traz that you can handle the big posts...your long posts....and your lament at how my long posts and 1000's of questions (where?) were the only thing that made you "evasive" in that exchange."

You are throwing suspicion on me based on the fact that I apparently am expressing a differing attitude towards tl;dr posts. You state this because I A) Am not fond of your tl;dr posts, yet B) I have no issue with traz' re-reads of days 1-4, plus I myself make long posts sometimes.

You think A and B both being true doesn't make sense, that it's inconsistent, correct?

How can you seriously believe this? How can you? Is this for real?

There is a huge difference between these three things:
- Player A who practically ONLY make tl;dr walls of text that aren't formatted for easy reading and that doesn't contain quotes or anything to lighten the reading
- Player B who as an exception to his normal style of making short burst posts makes very important game solvey posts with a bunch of quotes and short comments underneath these
- Player C who only makes long posts in response to long rear end posts made by Player A or when he's re-reading certain players and trying to present his findings in posts that have been formatted for somewhat easy reading

Do you not see the difference?

Jesus.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Read from here onwards for more of the thingyman/crunkus meltdown if you are interested.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/ultimate-game-mafia-champions-game-thread-1489540/index732.html

For anyone who doesn't want to go near that forum I will post it later tonight.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

One of the CHAMPIONS asked the mod a question

quote:

*** MOD NOTE ***

Question: If it were must lynch, would you announce that it was must lynch?

Answer: No.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
There are over 700 pages of this poo poo. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

They did a late switch from Crunkus to tappo

quote:

tappokone, you are Vanilla Town. You win the game by eliminating all Mafia.

• Locked thread