Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

JiimyPopAli posted:

Vancouver spends all their time burning one down already. Torching the city is just a natural extension of their reefer-induced psycho hippie rage.

Why is this not a band name?

On an unrelated note, anyone want to start a band with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Is it just my hosed up town or does everyone else's towns suicide rates explode during xmas?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Festivities tradiotionally have more suucides.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Whale Cancer posted:

Is it just my hosed up town or does everyone else's towns suicide rates explode during xmas?

It's where you live.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

SrgMagnum posted:

Why is this not a band name?

On an unrelated note, anyone want to start a band with me?

I'm a horrible guitarist, so I'll play bass.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

JiimyPopAli posted:

I'm a horrible guitarist, so I'll play bass.

I'll play guitar. You guys have a way of recording because we should do something. We'll get one of the britcops to do the vocals.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

Whale Cancer posted:

I'll play guitar. You guys have a way of recording because we should do something. We'll get one of the britcops to do the vocals.

I have no musical talent whatsoever. I'll handle lead vocals. It's going to be incredible.

Also, I have a digital recorder, a microphone, and nothing better to do with my time. The podcast only happens when I'm drunk and apparently normal, responsible adults don't think highly of people who are never sober.

Idiots.

BritCop Edit: Those handsome wankers can be my harmonious background singers. The Queen's Corset Singers.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
If you guys are serious we should definitely record a song. I can do all the post production mixing and mastering. Everyone can submit individual parts.

I can do drums, guitar, piano, and vocals.

What song are we going to do?

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

SrgMagnum posted:

BritCop Edit: Those handsome wankers can be my harmonious background singers. The Queen's Corset Singers.

All I can do is gutterall roars and seen in brave heart. Sorry.

Merry Christmas and all that pish by the way.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

If you guys are serious we should definitely record a song. I can do all the post production mixing and mastering. Everyone can submit individual parts.

I can do drums, guitar, piano, and vocals.

"Let the bodies hit the floor"

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Everyone can submit individual parts. I can do drums, guitar, piano, and vocals.

:golfclap:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Merry loving Christmas You Filthy Animals.

Been a busy Christmas so far.

Why people who know they can't stand each other still decide to get together just because Christmas and continue to fight astounds. Must have been a million domestics last night. Oh and fyi drunks the Magistrates are deciding to hold you until next Monday because the court is closed until then and your also an rear end in a top hat.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Do we want to do a cover or an original? I can offer my services as guitar. Either Rhythem or lead.

What genre are we doing? I really only play metal, but I can tone it down to some rock if neeeded.

Bigos
Dec 30, 2006
A Succulent Polish Treat
We'll do a police officer version of "Do They Know It's Christmas?"

I'm on patrol; there's no need to be afraid
I'm on patrol, I work in sun and I work in shade
And in the world of police I have work that gives me joy
Especially when I get a wave from a little girl or boy

But I see a car with no plate run a light
On patrol
The driver smells like malt whiskey
His mother thinks she's a lawyer
And that she will end my career
And sue me till my face is wet with the bitter sting of tears

Tired and grumpy from too much OT
So now there's no more slack or cheeriness from me
Do they know it's illegal at all?

Here's to you, a no insurance ticket
Here's to them, a free room to sober up
Do they know it's illegal at all?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
If we don't cover NWA- gently caress The Police, we should at least sample it.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Be sure to do it like this, abusing authority and making CIVILIANS push you around.
http://youtu.be/jY-FZ9zewSg?t=35s

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Cole just got the police reform thread in D&D shut down.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Branis posted:

:happyelf:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
A bunch of idiots talking out of their rear end about a job they know nothing about being told to shut up. I love it. A Christmas miracle.

That thread was infuriatingly stupid.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

A bunch of idiots talking out of their rear end about a job they know nothing about being told to shut up. I love it. A Christmas miracle.

That thread was infuriatingly stupid.

lmao

quote:

It is ok to assume that politicians and policemen are trash. It is not ok to assume that black people are robbers.

holy poo poo it gets better, people are basically saying cops are subhuman filth so one dude says fags aren't people and they get all up in arms
that's just too perfect

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The Japanese Red Army, also known as the United Red Army* was a leftist revolutionary group that formed in Japan in the late '60s. There were many leftist student groups during the 60's, but they mostly squabbled and fought among themselves over minor points of doctrine. A dedicated group managed to put briefly put aside their differences and launched a series of attacks against the Japanese government and law enforcement.

In 1971, the Japanese Red Army carried out a contract hit for the Popular Front of the Liberation Of Palestine, which had started using outside groups for political reasons. The Japanese Red Army carried out a massacre at Lod AIrport in Israel, killing mainly Christian pilgrims from Puerto Rico.

In 1972, the group retreated to a remote area of Japan to engage in training and intense "self criticism" . This led to a brutal purge in which fourteen members of the group and one non-member were beaten, stabbed, or tied to trees and left to die of exposure. The founder of the group later said it was not murder, that the victims had died of self-defeatism.

It was an insane group, which committed desperate acts in order to prove their credibility to others, before finally destroying itself in an orgy of destruction targeted against themselves, for not being pure enough.

I can think of no better description of D&D.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Hail santa!

At no point in the history of America has policing been more professional, better funded, better trained and equipped, and more transparent than it is now. Things are better than they have ever been. To deny that is to completely overlook what the past 200 years of policing has truly been.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 27, 2014

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/26/fbi-investigates-claim-border-patrol-agent-kidnapp/

It looks to be false but thats gotta be about the worst nightmare for any border patrol agent.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Why do people gotta get murdered on Christmas day :(

Going on 16 hours ot so far :snoop:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I'm going to murder the guy who drove my cruiser last . Battery is dead, his gear is still in it, and it reeks of vomit.

This is not how you make friends.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

beanieson posted:

Why do people gotta get murdered on Christmas day :(

Going on 16 hours ot so far :snoop:

On xmas eve I got the gift of a man walking in front of a 45 mph train. Spent about 6 hours packaging him up.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

JayKay posted:

I'm going to murder the guy who drove my cruiser last . Battery is dead, his gear is still in it, and it reeks of vomit.

Dude works the other shift so whats the point in trying.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Untagged posted:

Dude works the other shift so whats the point in trying.

The obvious answer is I need to take a massive dump in his locker.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

JayKay posted:

The obvious answer is I need to take a massive dump in his locker.

Recently saw a video of the ole' baby powder locker gag from one of your stations the other day. So I know something can be done, but I expect you to do better.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

JayKay posted:

Goddamn, guys who don't wash down the backseat after someone shits/vomits in it are the worst.

You could passive-aggressively leave the gas tank at near empty, I guess.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

In other news, if you're getting lazy, like me, about parking far enough from the call to make a tactical approach, here's a reason to stop pulling right in front of the house.

Chicago PD officer stabbed responding to suicidal man call.

quote:

Once police officers pulled up and exited their vehicle, Gilbert charged at a police officer with a knife, stabbing him twice in his vest, according to the audio of Chicago police Deputy Chief Berscott Ruiz’s statement at the scene.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-suicidal-man-shot-after-attacking-officer-20141225-story.html

He got his wish, though.

quote:

“Officers engaged him at that time again, asking to put his weapon down,” Ruiz said. “He turned around and charged at the police officers again, and he was shot twice in the torso.”

There's no video, likely D&D will claim that the cops used one of their drop knifes.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

JayKay posted:

Well at least you got some free stuff out of it, if it's left in the car it's yours?

Also lol what a bunch of big butthurt gay babies crying over not having their dicks sucked by the mayor

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Also lol what a bunch of big butthurt gay babies crying over not having their dicks sucked by the mayor

You're an idiot.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
way to politicize a funeral. I'm sure the family loved that.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Yea NYPD is looking like huge babies imho.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

At no point in the history of America has policing been more professional....

IIRC there was an A/T thread years ago ('08?) where a guy answered questions on behalf of his grandfather who was a Chicago cop in the 70's. Anyway the dude talked about taking bribes all the time like it was no big deal, just the way things were. Nowadays the internet would poo poo itself out of pure joy if that happened.

And right as I typed that, I checked youtube and the top video was an officer getting a free cup of coffee with a neat :siren:gently caress tha police:siren: subtitle narrative. :thumbsup:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Branis posted:

Allah ackbar, this is the best Christmas ever.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Meatsicle posted:

You're an idiot.

You're alive! Hail satan.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Noslo posted:

IIRC there was an A/T thread years ago ('08?) where a guy answered questions on behalf of his grandfather who was a Chicago cop in the 70's. Anyway the dude talked about taking bribes all the time like it was no big deal, just the way things were. Nowadays the internet would poo poo itself out of pure joy if that happened.

And right as I typed that, I checked youtube and the top video was an officer getting a free cup of coffee with a neat :siren:gently caress tha police:siren: subtitle narrative. :thumbsup:

it was Tokaii, who was the oldest member of the forums and was actually a cop in chicago in the early 60s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hell we hear all kinds of crazy poo poo from the old retired guys who still come to the FOP. Stuff that if we even thought about would probably get us fired that was common and accepted practice just twenty years ago. If people think things are worse they are loving insane.

Equine Don posted:

Allah ackbar, this is the best Christmas ever.

So many forums members went outside for the first time in weeks because that thread closed, truly a Christmas Miracle.

• Locked thread