Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

IronicDongz posted:

Not as much as the cutscenes though. barf. baaaaaaaaaarf

What don't you like about the cutscenes? I like the cutscenes in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
They're in some kind of gross middle ground between low poly and high poly where everything looks like it's made out of plastic and polyester and all the faces are smack dab in the uncanny valley.

It's the most ugly kind of 3D art, in my opinion.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Okay, I skipped a few episodes and then watched the most recent one and what

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Okay, I skipped a few episodes and then watched the most recent one and what

We warped into the "Tor is defeated and Jordana triumphed" timeline. Simply do not break the LP canon and things will make sense.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

barf

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaarf

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

IronicDongz posted:

barf

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaarf

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

IronicDongz posted:

barf

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaarf

let me meme it up for you

"welcome to the overworld (and cutscenes), home of dated playstation graphics"

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
A year ago today, Grat made a promise that I knew I could not complete. He said he hoped the next LP could be finished within another year. He then proceeded to live in Europe and make my life and schedule a living hell by attending this whole 'school' thing. He's doing well, I hear. I think about him every night.

This LP is not dead, just waiting for my Grat to come back to me. And these things can take time, you know.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i wish i could have gone to 'school' instead of making LPs for food

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hi

Bye

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The answer is clearly, yes, and call for your neopoints back, assuming whoever's still in charge cares enough to give you back your e-money.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
So how much is 17 million neopoints worth in bitcoins?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Depends on the time of day.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

So how much is 17 million neopoints worth in bitcoins?

Not sure about bitcoins, but a friend googled up a neopoint-buying webside and it came to about $60.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Not sure about bitcoins, but a friend googled up a neopoint-buying webside and it came to about $60.

That's way too high. If you're selling you'll get a conversion of about $1.50 per million at the moment ...I hear

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Found this thought this thread should know this game is in fact speed runnable.
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/neopets_the_darkest_faerie_42702_result.html

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Suspicious Dish posted:

It took me a long time to put this episode together, and Juliana wasn't around for a few weekends, so I'm breaking my promise of "one episode a week", two weeks in. Impressive.

Please enjoy the following 43 minutes of engaging Neopets gameplay.

I'm loving the new LP style, hope it continues for the rest of the videos.

...actually I just really miss De Blob 2. And if that's wrong I don't want to be right.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

:stare:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Thank you for all the kind and thoughtful words during this long "hiatus" period of my Let's Play Neopets: The Darkest Faeirie LP. I have a big announcement to make: I have just broken 400 YouTube subscribers!

Let's celebrate with a BRAND NEW VIDEO!!!

NEW EPISODE: XX: Hiatus

Torches Upon Stars
Jan 17, 2015

The future is bright.

It seems I can't enjoy your quaint old-school web media without directly viewing it in a new page. Sadness. Oh well! Neopets!
e: Toggled my adblockers and ghosteries, nothin'. Chrome on OS X.

Torches Upon Stars fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Mar 16, 2016

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Man, this takes me back.

I might be the most pathetic person here - I didn't even join Neopets. Kid me intended to, but couldn't get the parents to lend an e-mail address to use. Understandably, Daddy was put off by the Terms and Services insisting they applied "throughout the universe." Instead, I spent what had to be months worth of time just reading the site update news and the site newspaper archives.

Maybe I was better off that way though.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Iron Heart posted:

It seems I can't enjoy your quaint old-school web media without directly viewing it in a new page. Sadness. Oh well! Neopets!
e: Toggled my adblockers and ghosteries, nothin'. Chrome on OS X.

It's because you're browsing the forums through HTTPS, and my website isn't set up for that properly yet. I just added HTTPS to my website, just give it an hour or two for all the caches to clear, then it should be fixed!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
cool

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
whens the next episode dish

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What's going on in this game, again? I think either I forgot most of it or I never knew in the first place.

e: and how much of this dumb game is left, anyway?

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Mar 17, 2016

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Wanamingo posted:

What's going on in this game, again? I think either I forgot most of it or I never knew in the first place.

I think we've been tasked with finding the One Ring. After we find it, we're supposed to use it to find and unite the pieces of the Triforce, so we can defeat Dracula. Dracula is supposed to be guarding the 12 Legendary Weapons, which we need to stab into the undying body of Walter Sullivan's mother (of course, the weapons are too clunky to carry all at once, so we have to go and get them one at a time). Defeating her will anger Liquid Snake, and we have a fist fight in the form of a rhythm battle on top of modern day Tokyo Tower.

We need to do all of that to get Liquid Snake's shard of the Silver Sword, so we can reforge it, and throw it into the First Flame.
...I think.

It was covered in one of those early cutscenes, I'm pretty sure.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

e: and how much of this dumb game is left, anyway?

If I remember right:

Dark Fairy magically sealed and placed in the ocean a "Legendary amount of time" ago starts breaking free.

While that's going on farmer kid Tor convinces parents to let him try to be a knight for the local kingdom. He becomes a squire, does some deeds, gets promoted to knighthood, and goes out to help some allied area. Evil fairy has dragged herself out of the ocean and started the revenge thing by this point and some fairy lady at the allied place got attacked and..dies? or something. So the knight goes back to his kingdom to report only for it to get surrounded in purple mist by the evil fairy, a bunch of inhabitants mind controlled, and three minion goth fairies chase the knight into the sewers and flush him down.

Meanwhile, some ambassador girl Roberta comes to the head fairy kingdom, which is floating, to ask about these weird purple clouds that are popping up right before that kingdom also gets attacked with purple clouds etc. She helps some maid lady who is also not mind controlled, is told to escape alone, and she falls off her flying horse while leaving.

Both main characters meet up at the ambassador girl's kingdom when ambassador girl literally falls right in front of the knight without suffering any injuries and they set out to deal with the whole evil invasion thing. Conveniently, purple clouds are linked to boss minions and go away when bosses are dead, freeing all mind controlled beings. So they go around, killing stuff, freeing areas, and also hunting for a special magic wand. During this bit they are being hunted by an assassin that looks like Tim from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. He does not manage to kill them.

Turns out the fancy wand is in the treasury of the knight's kingdom, so they go through a lot of tunnels and caves, get that, and use it to free the kingdom from the three goth fairies. Then they head off to the main fairy kingdom to give the wand to the fairy queen so she can deal with everything, but that doesn't work and now they've hopped through a teleporter to who knows where and the evil fairy put the fairy queen in a jar and is presumably going to start hunting for the protagonists.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

azren posted:

I think we've been tasked with finding the One Ring. After we find it, we're supposed to use it to find and unite the pieces of the Triforce, so we can defeat Dracula. Dracula is supposed to be guarding the 12 Legendary Weapons, which we need to stab into the undying body of Walter Sullivan's mother (of course, the weapons are too clunky to carry all at once, so we have to go and get them one at a time). Defeating her will anger Liquid Snake, and we have a fist fight in the form of a rhythm battle on top of modern day Tokyo Tower.

We need to do all of that to get Liquid Snake's shard of the Silver Sword, so we can reforge it, and throw it into the First Flame.
...I think.

It was covered in one of those early cutscenes, I'm pretty sure.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ImportantDefiniteCrossbill.webm

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Those piles of gold out of cutscene look worse than the gold in Rayman 2.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
As a fan of memes, speedruns, and Neopets, I enjoy finding friends in this fateful and terrible world we sometimes live in. Please enjoy my dear buddy Pok3monrocks running Neopets: The Darkest Faerie at the recent Memeathon 3. I was too busy cheering and hoo-rahing him to post here when it was live, so here is a Twitch Video-on-Demand.

https://www.twitch.tv/memeathon/v/58403102?t=21m17s

Warning: spoilers. The spoilers are that Tor and Roberta save the day and that The Darkest Faerie dies at the bottom of the ocean. Betcha didn't see that twist coming!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Furry Dark Souls is not dead, Juliana, Grat and I just became very busy people in the last year and don't have much time to record together anymore! We also all live on different continents.

In the mean time, if you want your Dish fix, I'm doing a small LP of a cool Furry Paper Mario Castlevania game over this-away! If you want your Grat fix, he's doing a JRPG speedrun with Harris Bombguy, what a trooper. If you want your Juliana fix, you're gonna have to wait until she's able to upload some Plays of the Game she's been doing in Overwatch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Suspicious Dish posted:

Furry Dark Souls is not dead, Juliana, Grat and I just became very busy people in the last year and don't have much time to record together anymore! We also all live on different continents.

In the mean time, if you want your Dish fix, I'm doing a small LP of a cool Furry Paper Mario Castlevania game over this-away! If you want your Grat fix, he's doing a JRPG speedrun with Harris Bombguy, what a trooper. If you want your Juliana fix, you're gonna have to wait until she's able to upload some Plays of the Game she's been doing in Overwatch!

Sounds cool keep glad you didn't die or anything horrible. I'll give your new lp a look and I hope you find the time to record soon.

• Locked thread