Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Snacksmaniac won 2-1

Lands :argh:

Edit:
Here's the video. Behold my poorly thought out sideboard and terrible thinking that led to not mulling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb30vQzGCp0

GGs Snacks

Trilas fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Lonely Bridge posted:

Hey Hobojim, I see you don't have PMs so I'll try to hang around the IRC when I'm available (should be after 4-5PM Eastern time through Thursday). When are you down to clown?

Unemployed, so whenever you like. :cool:

I'll stick around on IRC tomorrow from around 5 onwards, and if I miss you I'll do the same on Wednesday. Should be fun, I don't get to play legacy often and I've never played against Painter's Servant before.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I am doing some scorekeeping.

Almost all the formulas are properly set up according to the may 2014 tournament rulebook, the todo is basically formatting and entering a full round to get rid of the divide by zeroes.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Yo Kraus, I'm free 8PM - 12 AM CST during the week and tentatively free all weekend (though I'm considering visiting my folks this weekend so I'd prefer a weekday match), I have PMs so holla back (or just post here) and let's do this.

I'mma PM you and we'll get it sorted.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

gang sines posted:

4) netcat vs Toshimo

I'm mostly available after 7pm GMT+1. Might be easiest do do this during the weekend though

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Hobojim posted:

Unemployed, so whenever you like. :cool:

I'll stick around on IRC tomorrow from around 5 onwards, and if I miss you I'll do the same on Wednesday. Should be fun, I don't get to play legacy often and I've never played against Painter's Servant before.

Sounds sweet. I've never played it, so we're in for a treat! I'm glad to see somebody sticking with UR Delver. I really enjoyed the deck before TC but it just didn't feel right afterwards, so I'm excited to see how it does now! I'll probably be lingering around here while at work but I can likely play at some point tonight.

edit:

Wadjamaloo posted:

This for the people that are too lazy to download an IRC client.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23legacythunderdome&server=irc.synirc.net
You are welcome, it should help with people coordinating matches.
This could be useful in the OP!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Trilas posted:

Snacksmaniac won 2-1

Lands :argh:

Edit:
Here's the video. Behold my poorly thought out sideboard and terrible thinking that led to not mulling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb30vQzGCp0

GGs Snacks

is this vid supposed to be 21s

link to irc added to the OP

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

gang sines posted:

is this vid supposed to be 21s

link to irc added to the OP

Should have double checked that. I uploaded the wrong video. I'll post the correct one when I get home in a few hours.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I was hoping for two turn 1 wins by dredge or something with no sideboarding done. Even that is pushing it though!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
playing against LordSaturn

http://twitch.tv/gangsines

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i went 2-1, i'm uploading the video now

e: it's still being uploaded but the vid is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGJ3nGSPxF4

black potus fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 28, 2015

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

dogsupremacy posted:

wanna play with this pile:
4 Plague Spitter
4 Dark Ritual
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Chrome Mox
4 Trinisphere
4 Ancient Tomb
2 Necroplasm
4 Pack Rat
4 Desecration Demon
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
16 Swamp
1 Lake of the Dead
4 Chainer's Edict
4 Hymn to Tourach
SB: 3 Perish
SB: 4 Unmask
SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
SB: 4 Mindbreak Trap

It appears I'm your first round opponent and I am quite excited to lose to chalice. I'm free Wednesday and Thursday in the afternoon and evening (central time so add or subtract a couple hours) and Friday in the afternoon, at least. Lemme know what works for you--might be able to make something work outside those vague times.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Does the xmage public server just go down every once in a while or is that me?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

TheLawinator posted:

Does the xmage public server just go down every once in a while or is that me?

there's an alternate server that The March Hare set up in the op

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, don't use the public server. It is crash city.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Lonely Bridge wins 2-1. Great match.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Hobojim posted:

Lonely Bridge wins 2-1. Great match.

2-1-1 :iamafag:

Yeah, that was really awesome.

I took a beating game 1 with a double delver opening, and the lethal double bolt after I finally found answers to his board. We had to flee to Cockatrice after discovering a fantastic bug in our second game with Painter's Servant and Grindstone that ends the game instantaneously (as in, immediately after a Grindstone activation resolves rather than when somebody tries to draw a card) despite Painter having already left the battlefield.

Game 2 (the real one) ended with me pummeling him in the face with a lone Painter's Servant. His last saving throw was a Snapcaster Mage while I had 1 mana and a top available. Being the ultra-pro-level-magic-professional-godly-player I am, and having a freshly shuffled deck thanks to Imperial Recruiter, I simply flipped my top to pick up the REB I knew was waiting for me. Oh, and I had all 3 Ensnaring Bridges in play by the end of the game. Goblin Guide vs. Ensnaring Bridge is actually an interesting little minigame

Game 3 was a bit of a blur. I managed to keep off his early aggression with my blasts until he found a Goblin Guide and a Grim Lavamancer. With 2 blasts in hand, a Grindstone and Spellskite in play, and only a few turns to live I played a Recruiter and thought for a bit. My conclusion was to grab a Simian Spirit Guide, since I felt I was best served drawing into something while giving myself a mana source that wasn't pinging me for 2 every turn (Ancient Tomb). In the end I was able to get my combo pieces in play while at a flimsy 5 life points. I blasted his blue Grim Lavamancer at the end of my turn after his activation and passed the turn with no mana up. I blocked his goblin guide and he cast a Sulfuric Vortex. I was holding the SSG and a blast, but I knew that if I countered this and he had a bolt I was likely dead. I used the impromptu Force of Will to negate his bolt at my face and was able to until and mill him out for an exciting end to our match.

Thanks for the fun times!

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

i went 2-1, i'm uploading the video now

e: it's still being uploaded but the vid is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGJ3nGSPxF4

It says the video is private?

I'm kind of shocked I hit you with the blind Cabal Therapy in game 3, but my game 2 hand was unkeepable and I should have known better. Also I probably boarded wrong, oh well.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
fixed!

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I lost my game to TheLawinator 0-2.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I'm off work tomorrow, Wednesday the 27th. I'm in central standard, hit me up.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
I lost to odiv 1-2 off a XMage-assisted punt :saddowns:

GGs though!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, good games. I'm watching the first game again and getting cringes from my playing.

Should I just throw the files on a dropbox for whoever wants to commentate/ridicule? I'm talking throughout, but not saying anything interesting, so go ahead and erase my voice (maybe putting it in when I say something especially dumb).

odiv fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 28, 2015

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
Turns out Thalia wrecks my deck really good!

C-Euro: 2
Kraus: 0

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Just as a note please don't neglect to include drawn games because I think they do matter in breaks at some level.

Also just fun data tracking. Scores should be up to date to here.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kraus posted:

Turns out Thalia wrecks my deck really good!

C-Euro: 2
Kraus: 0

To be fair you did have that misclick in game 2 where I got off to a slower start, things might have gone better for you that time around. But like I said I'm building that deck in real life so it's nice to have some playtesting before I finish it.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 28, 2015

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Here's the real Trilas v Snacksmaniac

http://youtu.be/v4YFtQrrRW8

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Jabor: BAFH can be reached on steam at GokuBlazesUp to set up your match

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

gang sines posted:

Jabor: BAFH can be reached on steam at GokuBlazesUp to set up your match

Added.

BAFH, add me back (http://steamcommunity.com/id/jabor/). Since I don't seem to have been able to catch you in IRC (and I'm in IRC basically all the hours I can actually play) we might have to wait for the weekend to get a time that suits.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i don't know if BAFH is ever in the irc channel

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
instantrunoffvote beats PhyrexianLibrarian 2-1! Turns out I need to start playing a LOT faster.

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

instantrunoffvote beats PhyrexianLibrarian 2-1! Turns out I need to start playing a LOT faster.

I beat you 1-1, technically.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
True, but I'm assuming we're going by MTGO rules where if a player times out they lose that game anyways

I'm pretty sure you'd have one even if I hadn't, though, I was starting to make all kinds of mistakes. I'm gonna re-watch the video to see how bearable it is, may re-do commentary over it if I sound like garbage.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Wildfire 2-0 Moatman

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
a dozen swans messaged me earlier but hasn't responded in two days. ready to play when he is.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Procrastinator 2-0 BabylonAstronaut

Streamed + recorded with OBS, will figure out how to get to that video and maybe edit it a bit. Deciding if I want to keep my stream commentary or do post-commentary too.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

born on a buy you posted:

a dozen swans messaged me earlier but hasn't responded in two days. ready to play when he is.

This has to be one of my favorite lines caused by an out of context user name.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

born on a buy you posted:

a dozen swans messaged me earlier but hasn't responded in two days. ready to play when they are*.

e: ^that's what I get for leaving tabs open

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Pontius Pilate posted:

a dozen swans messaged me earlier but hasn't responded in two days. ready to play when they are*.

e: ^that's what I get for leaving tabs open

women don't play magic or use the internet to play magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Hey troll! We are paired for round 1, let me know your availability. I work M-F 9-5ish and am usually around after 6PM EST. I'll also be around at some point on the weekend, but I'm not sure when exactly.

• Locked thread