Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
That migrant crisis stand up video is the funniest amateur stuff I've seen probably ever. He really doesn't give a gently caress. I love how at the end of the Retarded Kyle one 2 guys try to take shots at him for making fun of the mentally handicapped, and its clear from the crowds mood what they are about to say/have said is falling flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

http://www.forbes.com/sites/fruzsinaeordogh/2016/06/02/explaining-the-sam-hyde-as-mass-shooter-meme/

quote:

If Twitter is to be believed, second-rate Internet comedian Sam Hyde is behind every nationally publicized shooting of the past year — that’s more than a dozen since last October. On Wednesday, he was named by online trolls as the UCLA shooter, yet again, and the circle of online-savvy users who know of the “Sam Hyde is the shooter” meme grew a little larger.

When reached for comment about the various mass shooter framing attempts by 4chan, Hyde seemed to played along, writing, “It’s crazy, haha, yeah, crazy, haha!”

Hyde’s comment, intentionally, comes off as if he is a little unhinged, but it works here because that is why so many people are fooled each time by the meme — he seems to fits into the now-familiar profile pattern of lone white gunman, who more times than not, is racist. The new addition of Bernie supporter to the myth that is “Sam Hyde as American Shooter” reveals an interesting public opinion shift in what constitutes as an “unhinged white man.”

Hyde’s comedy style could be compared to Tom Green in that it’s over-the-top offensive, borderline-cringe male humor that makes teen boys snort and giggle. His troupe, Million Dollar Extreme describes itself as “misandrous comedioterrorists” and besides the “Sam Hyde As Shooter” meme, the troupe’s main claim to fame is terrorizing game developer Brianna Wu with various videos involving guns, knives, and death threats. Hyde’s humor finding an audience could be attributed as a backlash to feminist ideals, or “PC culture run amok,” becoming more mainstream — like the rise of MRAs online, for example.

Despite its limited-sized audience and scope, Million Dollar Extreme did get picked up by Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim to do a series called “Million Dollar Extreme: World Peace.” Hyde was not able to comment on when the series would premiere.

The press release promises MDE: World Peace will “unlock your closeted bigoted imagination, toss your inherent racism into the burning trash, and cleanse your intolerant spirit with pure unapologetic American funny_com.”

The irony!

Edit: It should be noted that Hyde’s statement is just a series of 4chan memes mocking progressives (except the “saving money on car insurance” meme). Deconstructed, his statement is a perfect example of this no-chill Internet subculture. The idea of Hyde — of any man, really — being a caring and responsible stepfather and a practitioner of the Jewish faith is oh-so-hilarious to this demographic.

something about the author's tone seems kinda envious, tbh

like it burns them up that someone they don't like is getting a TV show

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Stabbatical posted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/fruzsinaeordogh/2016/06/02/explaining-the-sam-hyde-as-mass-shooter-meme/

Where/what are the Brianna Wu videos? I don't recall those

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

facebook jihad posted:

parkourdude91 is their sound guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUVixBNj9Yo

Khorne
May 1, 2002

facebook jihad posted:

Someone loosely affiliated with MDE made a troll character named Jace "parkourdude91" Connors. He constantly rambled on about parkouring all over people's faces assassin's creed style, how a 100 yard restraining order is nothing because he can hit a bullseye from 200 yards with his deagle as long as he smokes some weed to steady his aim, hitting up skate parks to parkour, living with his parents at 30, his best friend being 16, and how he was the best street racer. He even streamed on twitch for a few years while wearing sunglasses and other dumb stuff and claiming to be a badass. Stream highlights include being harassed by/talking to his "mom" and supposedly having a felony dui.

The character launched operation TUPACOLYPSE where they were sending a 16 year old to Israel, a country of muslims by their own video description, with a weapon to kill the former prime minister and free Tupac who has been trapped there since the 90s. Included a real fake in-flight video and some other funny stuff.

Then they launched operation WUPOCALYPSE where phase 1 aimed to kill Brianna Wu through coercing her into an illegal street race during a New England Blizzard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GhaqHL8GOk

That was the video that gained him notoriety, and Brianna Wu spent 2 days in court trying to get a restraining order against an imaginary person. Jezebel/a few other sites wrote articles about a deranged gamergater making appalling and shocking death threats. Then when it came out it was just a joke character mocking the whole thing there were articles like "Psychopath who harassed Brianna Wu: Just Kidding!" even though the "harassment" was stupid youtube videos on a channel full of overt parody. The video doesn't even mention Brianna Wu during the recorded part because it was adlibbed during him actually crashing his car in Maine. The Wu stuff was edited in at the end.

A bunch of serious gamer people spent over a year trying to harass/troll/dox him before the Brianna Wu thing even happened. He's a parody making fun of dumb gamer culture. Apparently neither group of idiots realized he was a fictional character and even questioned whether MDE saying he was in fact just a fictional character was just MDE trolling everyone and protecting the "real" Jace Connors.

Brianna Wu still mentions his "death threats" and harassment in speeches to this day.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 8, 2016

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

facebook jihad posted:

He's in a couple of their videos and probably makes some other contributions but he is not their sound guy

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
an ex of mine was super caught up in social justice tumblr bullshit. i guess claiming someone who uses death threats is a joke is a cardinal sin in tumblr land, where anyone making death threats must 100% be taken as a real threat always.

its like concern trolling that lost its sense of self awareness and became completely unironic

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I need to gently caress

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Carmant posted:

I need to gently caress

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

an ex of mine was super caught up in social justice tumblr bullshit. i guess claiming someone who uses death threats is a joke is a cardinal sin in tumblr land, where anyone making death threats must 100% be taken as a real threat always.

its like concern trolling that lost its sense of self awareness and became completely unironic

Was she also a markov bot

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Stabbatical posted:

lol they quoted GBS

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

quote:

Rival internet trash forum

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
My brother had a friend unironically post the 'the shooters of [whatever the black guy that got shot the other day's name is], Sam Hyde and [whatever]. The faces of hate' and it owned

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Stabbatical posted:

Sam goes a bit more in depth on the topic here in this Mic.com interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qrYz7Ul3Z8

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Odobenidae posted:

Sam goes a bit more in depth on the topic here in this Mic.com interview
Why did this crack me up when he just answers straight. Every single answer was completely honest.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Khorne posted:

Why did this crack me up when he just answers straight. Every single answer was completely honest.

Avoiding yes or no questions is Rule #1 of interviewing people and he fucks with the guy like a journalism professor

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If any 4channers come at me and force me to defend myself or come to attack my Something Awful brothers necessitating legitimate self-defense I will brutally smash them. I will break their bones and pound them into a bloody, disgusting pulp.

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out
MDe is what i like to call "high T comedy". All those guys avoid estrogen enhancing agents, such as those contained within plastic juice boxes, and ate alot of saturated fats for to bulk up . And they make comedy about the absurdity of living in a low T pussified world

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

polysynth posted:

MDe is what i like to call "high T comedy". All those guys avoid estrogen enhancing agents, such as those contained within plastic juice boxes, and ate alot of saturated fats for to bulk up . And they make comedy about the absurdity of living in a low T pussified world
well actually..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PjaKZHueP8&t=1111s

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out

cant keep my eyes off of charls chiseled jaw

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm sure the show will be a return to form, but I miss the really polished and produced stuff that they used to do like four years ago. Most of their recent stuff seems to be stuff that they do either on their phones or driving around in their car (with the exception of like the heist). Although the video in a Walgreens is hilarious.

Did the Kickstarter thing ever come out or what? I would've actually donated to get that. Looks pretty hilarious although idubbbz does just about the same thing

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

facebook jihad posted:

I'm sure the show will be a return to form, but I miss the really polished and produced stuff that they used to do like four years ago. Most of their recent stuff seems to be stuff that they do either on their phones or driving around in their car (with the exception of like the heist). Although the video in a Walgreens is hilarious.

Did the Kickstarter thing ever come out or what? I would've actually donated to get that. Looks pretty hilarious although idubbbz does just about the same thing

Yeah it's out, I bought it through some weird service. It has a weird, irritating audio distortion that persists through the entire series lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Wikkheiser posted:

If any 4channers come at me and force me to defend myself or come to attack my Something Awful brothers necessitating legitimate self-defense I will brutally smash them. I will break their bones and pound them into a bloody, disgusting pulp.

When you rev your murdercycle fresh with the blood of a million sudoku'd drag race losers, I will be in your sidecar, cheering you on.

Loco
Dec 6, 2006

Why is.. Those things?
How did we miss this? From what I gathered, in the scathing comment seciton, this is from some adult swim live stream thing. Horrible audio, but a glimpse into World Peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wa_nUGqilY

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Loco posted:

How did we miss this? From what I gathered, in the scathing comment seciton, this is from some adult swim live stream thing. Horrible audio, but a glimpse into World Peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wa_nUGqilY

this was posted weeks ago, thanks for playing tho

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Robot Pride posted:

i loving swear he made that beard out of pubes and a glue stick

He does this on purpose and he is a genius.

Holy poo poo this is still going. I'm fairly certain that Sam does not initiate this; either some trolls because they think it's funny or angry butthurt people trying to get back at him.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

He does this on purpose and he is a genius.

Holy poo poo this is still going. I'm fairly certain that Sam does not initiate this; either some trolls because they think it's funny or angry butthurt people trying to get back at him.

He doesn't. I think I read somewhere that he saw it and thought it was funny but never actively condoned or condemned it.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

august 5th

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Odobenidae posted:

august 5th

Holy gently caress.

e: I never put a calendar reminder in my phone with alerts for a TV show

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 1, 2016

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Well I'll be damned

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Veshpo posted:

Well I'll be damned
________________/

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Have some World Peace promos. August 5th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_FoLDjMhDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehwkloPCtjU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

gently caress yes

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Odobenidae posted:

august 5th

oh poo poo. wet it up ladies

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

someone figured out why there's a big space in between WORLD and PEACE. apparently they had to remove the james holmes infinity sign that was there

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Hell Yeah posted:

oh poo poo. wet it up ladies

get that dope mde pu-pussy creme

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Don't forget, it's tonight! At 12:15 ET!

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
You can watch it on adult swim simulcast if you have cable or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If you have cable you can also watch it on cable

• Locked thread