Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

pfffffffffft posted:

All of us getting blasted and taking someone on their first Unrest run. Being blasted it would be hours of us loving around and forgetting the steps.

Y'all taking me on my first Unrest run is one of my favorite EQ2 memories.

I totally fell for the dopplegangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
This reminds me of learning the art of body pulling. It took like 30 levels for me to figure out why I was pulling massive trains because I'd use a range weapon....JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER VIDEO GAME.....to pull monsters to our camp. Oh and gently caress you if you were a bard or pre hot/ward someone. You were about to get your poo poo pushed in.

My favorite zone is Sebilis. First dungeon I remember where the loot/exp was both pretty good and felt like dungeon diving. Except when some rear end in a top hat would show up and bulldoze everything around you.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

All Access members are in for a boost this week with Double XP! That includes Double AA, Adventure, and Tradeskill XP for All Access members only, from 12PM PDT April 27th until 12PM PDT May 4th.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Tsurupettan posted:

All Access members are in for a boost this week with Double XP! That includes Double AA, Adventure, and Tradeskill XP for All Access members only, from 12PM PDT April 27th until 12PM PDT May 4th.

This is very exciting for me. I sense a second level 100 is imminent.

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void
So it looks like LAD's seem to be the go-to place for double XP events for quick leveling. What does everyone do for gear upgrades when levels are coming so fast without quest rewards? Just comb the broker when you come up for air?

Also anyone have resources on intros to dungeon grouping and/or LAD's? I've always been that antithetical solo player in MMO's so I'd like to avoid any stupid beginner moves.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

Terminal posted:

So it looks like LAD's seem to be the go-to place for double XP events for quick leveling. What does everyone do for gear upgrades when levels are coming so fast without quest rewards? Just comb the broker when you come up for air?

Also anyone have resources on intros to dungeon grouping and/or LAD's? I've always been that antithetical solo player in MMO's so I'd like to avoid any stupid beginner moves.

You'll be getting gear drops off the LAD named, there's a full set of generic gear for every tier you'll be blasting through that stat-wise is probably way better than anything you'd get elsewhere.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Well, looks like the campaign launch today is a gently caress up as usual. Not a good day to do website maintenance so no one can buy it...

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Sarah posted:

Well, looks like the campaign launch today is a gently caress up as usual. Not a good day to do website maintenance so no one can buy it...

Way to go Daybreak.

Also echoing that agnostic dungeons will give you hear drops up to 90 that blow almost everything else you can get out of the water.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

We're extending #EQ2 downtime to noon PDT. We are pushing a new build and it's running a bit slow. Join us at 11am: http://twitch.tv/EverQuest2 !

Uggg, I need Rum Cellar

Edit: Website is back up and the expansion can now be purchased.

Goblin fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 28, 2015

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Goblin posted:

Uggg, I need Rum Cellar

Edit: Website is back up and the expansion can now be purchased.

Hooray! I'll be in there tonight.

Edit: Rum Cellar is pretty neat. Solo dungeon is confusing as gently caress. Dunno if it's 15 bucks good but it's good.

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 29, 2015

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void
The Gathering Obsession series is certainly frustrating when trying to find that one last den/bush/stone, but at least the pile of rares make it a little less tedious. Oh, and finding Kenny just chillin' in Nektulous.

Still, all I want is to get that drat cloak since I stupidly sold old gear when I first started and I need to jump start Transmuting.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I am playing EQ2 more as a tourist than a serious player. My grouping time for LADs is very limited, mostly due to family duties and wife agro. My 54 SK is the highest level player I have. I hate to ask, but could anyone send over a few platinum? Lately, one loyalty bag of platinum is good for one upgrade.

Character's name is Karniflex on AB. I'm in the guild. I'd appreciate any help.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Healing goons in 2008 Unrest <What> was hella fun. Anyone know where :toxx: gargledicks Jargadax and Bos ran off to? Hopefully Tox at least made a detour past a Betty Ford clinic before he professionally began baking soufflés. My most entertaining memory of EQ2 is trying to salvage an instance run after Tox passed out cold 90% into tanking it and I was so drunk myself that my spell gems were dancing around like Tinkerbell on fake african molly.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Keith Stone posted:

I am playing EQ2 more as a tourist than a serious player. My grouping time for LADs is very limited, mostly due to family duties and wife agro. My 54 SK is the highest level player I have. I hate to ask, but could anyone send over a few platinum? Lately, one loyalty bag of platinum is good for one upgrade.

Character's name is Karniflex on AB. I'm in the guild. I'd appreciate any help.

If you catch me online just send me a tell. Not a problem. Name is woowoowoowoowoo.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

joshtothemaxx posted:

If you catch me online just send me a tell. Not a problem. Name is woowoowoowoowoo.

Spotted in LFG actually looking for a group. Very un goon-like. Going to have to demote you.

Goons are supposed to stay in the guild hall no more than 5 meters from the broker.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Sarah posted:

Spotted in LFG actually looking for a group. Very un goon-like. Going to have to demote you.

Goons are supposed to stay in the guild hall no more than 5 meters from the broker.

I insulted people who had more then one max level character for being fatty nerds that's gotta count for something right?

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

I just hit level 10 and AA's opened up. Is the default solo template fine for leveling or should I make my own?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Tyshalob posted:

I just hit level 10 and AA's opened up. Is the default solo template fine for leveling or should I make my own?

Templates are totally fine if you want to keep it simple. poo poo is pretty complex. But at some point before you hit 90 (long ways off), take the time to at least understand how the trees are put together.

lags
Jan 3, 2004

Giving this the olde college try again!

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

So what are my options of I want to do melee, but don't want to dick around with the Scout positional nonsense? Is it just the tanks?

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Tyshalob posted:

So what are my options of I want to do melee, but don't want to dick around with the Scout positional nonsense? Is it just the tanks?

Coercer?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Tyshalob posted:

There are specs for tank priests. I don't know how good they are anymore, but I ran as a me lee inquisitor a lot back in the day.

Also beast lord only has like one positional attack.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Oh yeah, Inq is another good melee non tank/scout too.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If I just wanted to just stand in front of soemone and wail on them with a huge gently caress-off 2-hander which class is the way to go? SK?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

jabro posted:

If I just wanted to just stand in front of soemone and wail on them with a huge gently caress-off 2-hander which class is the way to go? SK?

any tank and put a 2h weapon in your appearance slot. but you're going to tank and never be dps.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

jabro posted:

Or, again, inquis. The generally appearance of an inquis is a giant loving mace of some sort. Wardens can do the same thing with a weird blade weapon.

Any of the four plate tanks look rad with a big two hander in appearance. Go for it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i played this game solo and still do and my 95 paladin with a fuckoff 2 hander is cool and good

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Where are people hanging out these days for low level stuff? in as Soggyconstructs

gang control
Nov 1, 2007
what a thing to say at the table
I'm in. I haven't played EQ2 seriously since the <What> days, so I'm gonna be asking some dumb poo poo. I have 2 heroics (a Fury and an SK) but neither of those really seems to suit me. I also somehow have enough station cash (DayBux now or whatever) to buy a third one, so I'm doing some free-90 testing trying to figure out what class I should play.

I'll probably end up leveling something too -- what's the PL situation like these days? I want to see some of the content I missed on the way up originally but there are definitely parts of 1-80 I never want to see again.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

gang control posted:

I'll probably end up leveling something too -- what's the PL situation like these days? I want to see some of the content I missed on the way up originally but there are definitely parts of 1-80 I never want to see again.

Run Level Agnostic DUngeons (alt+z) to pass level ranges you hate.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

You can get PLed from like 5 to 20 in about 15 minutes. Then just run agnostic dungeons and/or do whatever random content to continue leveling. If you really wanted you could be PLed all the way through using mentoring and classic dungeons but that's probably slower than agnostics tbh.

gang control
Nov 1, 2007
Awesome, thanks both of you. I'll probably be on tonight so I'll try to find one of you to tag the Fury/SK for the guild while I gently caress around trying to figure out my new character.

gang control
Nov 1, 2007
This might be kind of a dumb question, but I'm having fun with this the last couple days so I'll probably sub and buy the new expansion. I've done some googling but it looks like the new expansion won't get me everything I'm going to need. What do I need to buy to get "current"? AoM gets me Chains and Tears, but not Mercs or Channelers or Reforging I think -- is there a cheat sheet for what I need to buy? I'm all for supporting Zombie Elf Games Holding Company but they're not super clear about what features I'll need to shell out for after I buy AoM.

Anyone shed some light for me?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Beastlords are bad. Channelers are weird and have some loving awful bugs but they're good otherwise. Mercs are good for soloing. Reforging is a requirement for end-game content. AoM gets you all of the PLAYABLE content.

If you want to do high-end stuff, buy AoM and reforging. If you want to also solo while leveling, buy Mercs too.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Agreed with Tsurupettan. Also want to echo how bad Beastlords are. Advanced Solo on my Fury was basically trivial right away. But I can't even complete some of the god drat dungeons at all with my Beastlord. It's pretty ridiculous and frustrating.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Tsurupettan posted:

Beastlords are bad. Channelers are weird and have some loving awful bugs but they're good otherwise. Mercs are good for soloing. Reforging is a requirement for end-game content. AoM gets you all of the PLAYABLE content.

If you want to do high-end stuff, buy AoM and reforging. If you want to also solo while leveling, buy Mercs too.

Small correction. AoM does not get you all of the playable content.

A new campaign was just released that is not included in AoM. But, you can buy the two in a bundle for cheaper than if you later wanted Rum Cellar. It's not required to buy, but personally I am really enjoying Rum Cellar and I like the zones.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Whoops, yeah, I forgot Rum Cellar since I'm not really playing atm. I've heard good things.

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015
I pretty much just let me sub run out because of rum cellar. Adventure packs used to be like ~$5 and now they are charging $15 for a single zone? gfyyyy

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Calbiyum posted:

I pretty much just let me sub run out because of rum cellar. Adventure packs used to be like ~$5 and now they are charging $15 for a single zone? gfyyyy

You bought it and you didn't think it was worth $15 or you just let it run out because you disagreed with the price? I bought a few of them for plat. It doesn't seem like a ton of content if you don't raid, but I have enjoyed it so far. I'm weirdly into fashion in EQ2, so the pirate outfits are amazing to me.

And since Bort's ranger wasn't there, here he is in his pirate glory:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png