Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Imagine getting a new stepdad and you hear him mumbling poo poo like This is some win. and God drat that's epic. due to his brain slowly being fried by a ironic video game forum.

Sighn... if only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Imagine getting a new stepdad and you hear him mumbling poo poo like This is some win. and God drat that's epic. due to his brain slowly being fried by a ironic video game forum.

Lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
sigh*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

this is me tbh

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

Imagine waking up and seeing the Mario yoshi watching you as you sleep ... Holy poo poo. Pure nightmare fuel.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22mario+yoshi%22+creepypasta&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i want to play this but not enuff to collect all 2,970 collectables.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i want to play this but not enuff to collect all 2,970 collectables.

Im skipping all the red coins (roughly half the collectibles)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

at this point, i have nearly all the collectibles and will probably finish tonight.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
what are the required collectables to get bonus stages

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

what are the required collectables to get bonus stages

5 flowers per level, which are usually the ones that have little secret areas or hidden puzzles to find. They're the ones that are fun to collect, those and the yarn balls which unlock new Yoshi outfits

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ok, i collected everything. It was pretty good.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i love poochy more than i have ever loved any real life pet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

whats the reward for doing everything? also i heard there are hard bonus levels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Collecting every flower in a world unlocks a bonus level. Collecting all the yarn balls in each level unlocks more Yoshi's. Collecting all the stamps get you, uh, miiverse stamps.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I just beat 6-8. Awesome final level, the puzzle was cool and the boss fight was fun

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

whats the reward for doing everything? also i heard there are hard bonus levels

yea, collecting all the flowers in a world unlocks a bonus stage in that world, and collecting all the flowers in all the bonus stages unlocks the super hard final secret stage. Collecting all the yarn bundles in a stage gives you a yoshi skin, and collecting enough gem stamps give you sets of stamps to use on miiverse posts.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Done any of the secret stages yet IT?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No Such Thing posted:

Done any of the secret stages yet IT?

I haven't unlocked any , sadly. Tomorrow I will start collecting all the yarn and flowers from the original set of levels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I didn't know about the boss challenge mode you unlock for beating Baby Bowser. Can't wait to see what skins this unlocks

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Anyone find all 2970 collectibles yet?

aye.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Also I didn't know about the boss challenge mode you unlock for beating Baby Bowser. Can't wait to see what skins this unlocks

this game sounds really awesome

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

reminder to all that if you ready a yarn ball and cancel, it goes to the back of the queue. especially useful this time for saving your big yarn balls

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Soral posted:

i love poochy more than i have ever loved any real life pet

i liked my pets more than pootchie but they all ded in the last 2 years so now i guess pootchie is my only pet

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Son, this is a McDonald's drive through

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
that first lava world stage song kinda comes outta nowhere after all the acoustic-sounding stuff

this is a thoroughly charming and fun-to-play game so far

I am probably not going to go after all of the red coin analogs

No Such Thing posted:

Yes, doubly so if you plan on actually picking up collectibles in the stage, which you should, as the yoshi skins you get from them are all based on nintendo consoles.

oh my god

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 27, 2015

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

20 mii stamp coins per stage is too many, but the other collectibles are good.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

coins, gems... whatever...

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
ive had no problems with the stamps theyre really easy to find and you get most of them just going through the stage in plain sight the only stamps i usually miss are the ones that are paired with flowers or yarn that i miss

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's just a pain in the rear end to grab every freakin gem just to make a number go up and get some stamps I'll never use. the flowers and yarns have actual rewards

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the stamp gems are there to try and make you go after every last gem and thereby increase the peril you put yourself in

they aren't really fun to collect though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wasn't planning on collecting all the gems but on running through world 2 again for all the flowers/yarn I already nearly cleared them all for that world. So now I'm considering getting them all

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

I wasn't planning on collecting all the gems but on running through world 2 again for all the flowers/yarn I already nearly cleared them all for that world. So now I'm considering getting them all

Do it. It will make you powerful.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I have them all in a few levels so far but almost without fail I'm missing one

on the other hand collecting them might not be bad because you get an obvious visual and audio cue when you collect all of something in a stage and things you've already collected will stay collected

also there's no lives in this game so you can kill yourself and go back to the last checkpoint if you know you missed something and can't just walk back to it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be nice if after you cleared the 6 worlds they let you use the Hidden Onjects Revealed Badge for free all the time to help with collecting stuff

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've started getting paranoid about those stupid hidden clouds; throwing yarn at spaces in the stage where there's a little too much nothing or hopping into weird crevices that look like they have no reason to be there

I will find them :arghfist:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

you basically have to comb every pixel to find the clouds, which could hold yarn balls & flowers, which means collecting the gems anyway. so i've reversed my stance on gems, and will be collecting them all.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

As a Millennial I posted:

you basically have to comb every pixel to find the clouds, which could hold yarn balls & flowers, which means collecting the gems anyway. so i've reversed my stance on gems, and will be collecting them all.

theres also a badge for that like in training said it reveals hidden clouds if theyre even remotely close to you and also makes fake walls glow and poo poo
it makes collecting secrets easy but it also feels cheap to me so i wont do it until ive given a level a real go and combed it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

starbarry clock posted:

theres also a badge for that like in training said it reveals hidden clouds if theyre even remotely close to you and also makes fake walls glow and poo poo
it makes collecting secrets easy but it also feels cheap to me so i wont do it until ive given a level a real go and combed it

gently caress that poo poo.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i shan't use a single badge, and i've no respect for anyone who does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
im sorry you feel that way

• Locked thread