Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Adiabatic posted:

Hi hello due to insane shipping costs I went plan B and drop-shipped using Amazon.co.uk. Unfortunately they're sending my three neat presents in three separate packages so I just PMed you my note BUT DON'T OPEN IT UNTIL YOU HAVE THREE PACKAGES IN YOUR POSSESSION UGH

Tracking says they should all be there by the 31st.

MERRY CHRISTMAS OR WHATEVER YOU GODLESS PAGANS CELEBRATE

:siren: BAG OF SPIDERS RECEIVED :siren:

My daughter has already yoinked these, they're now being served tea and hula hoops. Can't wait to see what else turns up next!

Package sent, I know I missed the target date but it's on it's way! The note inside is probably completely indecipherable because I've been knocking back the painkillers the last couple of days, whoops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
:siren: A Suspicious Package Appears! :siren:

First things first, an admission of guilt:

Mk1 Fiat Panda model:

Edible (chocolate?) nut, bolt, drill bit and spanner:

Pirate flavour Haribo:

A pair of cool retro-art keyrings:

Translated from Danish, the language of the bacon people:

Lego McLaren P1:

And a baseball cap:

Thanks, SantaNaut CosmoClaus!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

InitialDave posted:

First things first, an admission of guilt:

Mk1 Fiat Panda model:

Edible (chocolate?) nut, bolt, drill bit and spanner:

Pirate flavour Haribo:

A pair of cool retro-art keyrings:

Translated from Danish, the language of the bacon people:

Lego McLaren P1:

And a baseball cap:

Important question, do you post from that VIC-20?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Heh, it's actually a 64-C.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I forgot (mostly) about this until I received my kiwi pliers. Thanks, mystery Santa!

To my santee: you'll get you poo poo later this week. I don't feel like mailing 2 years worth of GRMs and Roundels as a joke.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
SHIPPED! Looks like my santee will get theirs on Xmas Eve

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

InitialDave posted:

Hooray, it arrived safe and sound!

The chocolate guy told me that the nut and bolt actually fit together. And one can always use another 17/19mm spanner.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I'm nearly a deadbeat santa, but the good parts will be there by Christmas (according to Amazon).

ZincBoy
May 7, 2006

Think again Jimmy!
Shipped! Better late than never I guess. It should be there by Wednesday.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Looks like it got held up at the border and won't arrive until Dec 26 :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Package arrived from iwentdoodie!

My son gets more excited about AISS than I do, usually because everybody sends something for him and this one did not disappoint.

Obligatory parts! Looks like a waterpump or thermostat housing of some sort from the GTi I imagine. And also main bearings that still look good! These will work on my Miata right?

Some cool water jet stuff and a Walking Dead comic! I let my son read it and he was all "um dad the F word is in this" oops :v:

And a cool old NASCAR book by a photographer I worked with back in the day, some of the images are identical to mine from the same races! Dude must have literally been standing next to me for some of these images.

Thanks doodie bro!

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 22, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Aww, that's cool. You have a good kid, leica.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Arrive home from work; discover heavy flat-rate box awaits. Uh oh:f5:

Box:

The directions state that contents of box may be oily. poo poo, maybe the bedspread is a bad spot for this...

Box relocated to garage! Let's open the first cardboard-clad item:

Holy poo poo! These rule! I have never seen one before.... I don't think I've ever posted about it, but you hit the nail on the head - antique advertising runs in the family in a major way. Also covered my requests for Jeep stuff and tools!

I don't always drink beer in the desert, but when I do, I open it with vehicle-specific antique fineries!

But there is still a large, heavy object in the bottom... this must be the greasy stuff...

DIRTY MANLY TOOTHED STEEL THINGS. :sax: Apparently these are from a 95 LT1.

I'm definitely going to mount the timing chain/gears on the wall for freeform gearhead art cred. Perhaps I'll leave the valve/springs underneath my paranoid coworkers new lifted truck to give him a scare? There are many possibilities.

Bonus product placement shot - it just fits the old XJ so perfectly!

You rule, Deceptor101! Many thanks! AA+++ Santa, would recieve again ;-*

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Phone posted:

I forgot (mostly) about this until I received my kiwi pliers. Thanks, mystery Santa!

To my santee: you'll get you poo poo later this week. I don't feel like mailing 2 years worth of GRMs and Roundels as a joke.

You are welcome! There is a total of 4 packages because amazon is dumb so keep an eye out!

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Got home today to find a package sitting on my desk from the land of the hobbits and sheep shaggers, New Zealand!

First challenge was getting through the loving customs label, ended up tearing apart the box to get at the meaty insides. Probably why I can't have nice things.

Inside, we had quite a spread of goodies and a handwritten card detailing the contents.

Starting with the smaller items we've got:
  • A kickass set of metric spanners covering 4-7mm in the best colour of all, green.
  • A Subaru branded seatbelt clip to stop that alarm some newer cars have when they detect weight in the passenger seat but the seatbelt isn't done up.
  • Some brake lube to make sure my brake pads slide easily and silently.
  • A sweet Koken Tools sticker that will make my toolbox look less boring.
  • An awesome little magnetic light to illuminate those odd areas (like the loving lower exhaust hanger bolt that I struggled with for two hours a while back).
  • My very own Porsche, a hotwheels model of a 356 Outlaw.

And finally, a 1:12 scale model of my bikes leaner, badder cousin, the KX450F. I bought a model of a CRF450R a few weeks ago to put in my cubicle as office flair, so this and the porsche are going to join it and make my space look like someone who gives a poo poo works there.

The sticker has already made it onto the toolbox:

Thanks heaps Echotic! I realise that I didn't give you much to go on but you've knocked it out of the park, I especially needed some garage art/stickers since it looks so plain in there currently. My brother drives a BRZ so he has to deal with the seatbelt alarm going off when there's any weight in the passenger seat, that clip will be perfect for him.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Ephphatha posted:

• A Subaru branded seatbelt clip to stop that alarm some newer cars have when they detect weight in the passenger seat but the seatbelt isn't done up.

:stare: I must know more about this brilliant device!

Edit: Appears they're all over Aliexpress. Guess you could also just harvest one off a junkyard seatbelt.

bolind fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Dec 22, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

iForge posted:

You are welcome! There is a total of 4 packages because amazon is dumb so keep an eye out!

I hope you're proud of yourself and all of the eco-unfriendly waste you've produced. thanks m8, the Mazda lanyard is cool

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hrnghhhhhhh...

Thanks Adiabatic, I'll reward myself with a nip later for repairing the tumble dryer, also perfect for a spot of father-son bonding when my dad comes round in a couple of days.

I'm liking this present-a-day thing :shobon:

E: just realised you said three packages, was I supposed to not open them yet? :v:

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 22, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Tracking info emailed, sorry I forgot about that step. My santee should be getting his first round of presents today actually.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Cakefool posted:

Hrnghhhhhhh...

Thanks Adiabatic, I'll reward myself with a nip later for repairing the tumble dryer, also perfect for a spot of father-son bonding when my dad comes round in a couple of days.

I'm liking this present-a-day thing :shobon:

E: just realised you said three packages, was I supposed to not open them yet? :v:

Feel free to open them however you like! Don't forget the PM note :)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Just realized I forgot to post pics when I said I would, sorry!

Friday night I got home and was alerted to the fact that a package had appeared from Washington. It had a name I recognized on it!

Hmmm, what's this:

A note!

HOLY poo poo, SUGARY THINGS AND ANTI-RUSTY THINGS

The haul:

Stickers!

Wait, what's in that envelope...

:krad:

A carbon fiber? carbon fibber? Chrysler pen, which now lives on my desk at work:

(it writes very nicely)

A broken BMW electronic thing of some sort, I'm guessing spark plug wire piece?

Not pictured: BMW ignition key
e: it's crashing the fourth picture, I didn't notice

Thanks a million Mat_Drinks! The candies were AMAZING, it turns out my GF has actually been to that store and missed it, so some stuff from back home arriving for the holidays was great! I'll probably be putting the Internal Frame Coat into rustproofing the Justy, and the Subaru brochure will definitely end up framed on the wall next to the Comanche ad SiF got me a while ago. I'm curious what the backstory on the BMW part is...

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Bonus product placement shot - it just fits the old XJ so perfectly!

You rule, Deceptor101! Many thanks! AA+++ Santa, would recieve again ;-*
Sweet! Really glad you like them :D! I thought it seemed like a neat tool kit that didn't take up too much space. Also If you need any more valve springs for pranks I do have 14 more.....

To my Santa, my work is closed the 24th-26th, so If it's projected to arrive then, don't panic, I just won't see it until Monday.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Don't forget your towel, Ford Prefector101

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

Feel free to open them however you like! Don't forget the PM note :)

Will do when I get the third package. Thank you again, the spiders are already a fixture in my daughter's box of characters :v:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Finally got my package out! Sorry Santee, looks like it's supposed to get there on the 26th.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Package arrived from iwentdoodie!

My son gets more excited about AISS than I do, usually because everybody sends something for him and this one did not disappoint.

Obligatory parts! Looks like a waterpump or thermostat housing of some sort from the GTi I imagine. And also main bearings that still look good! These will work on my Miata right?

Some cool water jet stuff and a Walking Dead comic! I let my son read it and he was all "um dad the F word is in this" oops :v:

And a cool old NASCAR book by a photographer I worked with back in the day, some of the images are identical to mine from the same races! Dude must have literally been standing next to me for some of these images.

Thanks doodie bro!

Hey dude, glad you got it and enjoyed it. I remembered you saying your son loved exotics, so when I saw that pack I had to grab it. Tried like gently caress to find any kind of Veyron diecast of any size, but apparently your son comprises the entire market for one :v:

The rings and that corroded rear end water pump are indeed from the busted rear end GTI.

Sorry for the f bomb comic :v: and I've had that book sitting here for a bit, so when I got you it immediately went in the box considering your history. Now make an archive of your poo poo dammit.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
A strange package arrived!

What do we have here? Dear God! I'll see that face in my dreams!

Oh I see there's a package inside. Witness me!

Cheers!

Whats this? It is shiny.... This spike will be one of the first of many to be affixed to the front of the duster when the world ends and I'm driving through the wastelands!

Thanks to whoever sent it. There was no note or anything.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Senior Funkenstien posted:

A strange package arrived!

What do we have here? Dear God! I'll see that face in my dreams!

Oh I see there's a package inside. Witness me!

Cheers!

Whats this? It is shiny.... This spike will be one of the first of many to be affixed to the front of the duster when the world ends and I'm driving through the wastelands!

Thanks to whoever sent it. There was no note or anything.

Yeah, I totally spaced sticking the note I had written in the bag when I went to ship it. :downs:

If you hadn't figured out yet, it's a bottle opener--there's a guy here that forges them and sells them at the farmer's market (and, obviously, at Rockin' Rudy's).

Glad you liked it!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Terrible Robot posted:

Tracking info emailed, sorry I forgot about that step. My santee should be getting his first round of presents today actually.

Posting from the land of baller gifts, Terrible Robot's package came! (oh my...) Looks like you stalked my post history a bit and discovered I'm also a photodork :)

A sickass MG keychain and a set of lenses for my phone!

I used the macro lens to take a very artistic shot of the keychain:

Then I used the fisheye lens to take a shot of my messy fuckin garage, including the MG and its best friend, the battery charger:

Thanks! These are awesome!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Pham Nuwen posted:

Posting from the land of baller gifts, Terrible Robot's package came! (oh my...) Looks like you stalked my post history a bit and discovered I'm also a photodork :)

A sickass MG keychain and a set of lenses for my phone!

I used the macro lens to take a very artistic shot of the keychain:

Then I used the fisheye lens to take a shot of my messy fuckin garage, including the MG and its best friend, the battery charger:

Thanks! These are awesome!

:D

I'm glad you liked them dude, hopefully the main package when you return from your trip will be even more awesome.

ZincBoy
May 7, 2006

Think again Jimmy!
A package from Bulk Vanderhuge was sitting on my door step when I got home this evening! It was fairly heavy and rattled nicely.

Opening it up:

What have we here?

Holy crap!

What might be a lifetimes supply of automotive 40A relays and sockets with fuse holders! I was actually about to order some of these. Impressive detective skills Bulk Vanderhuge.

A Stanley 10" locking wrench. I have heard good things about these but did not have one. Now I do :)

A cam with what seem to be destroyed bearing surfaces:

I would like to hear the story behind that one.

A sweet match box car that is almost the same as mine:

Not pictured a pile of automotive fuses and holders and what I think are a bunch of leftover car stereo install bits.

Thank you Santa Bulk Vanderhuge! Awesome selection of stuff!

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

kastein posted:

Just realized I forgot to post pics when I said I would, sorry!

Friday night I got home and was alerted to the fact that a package had appeared from Washington. It had a name I recognized on it!

Hmmm, what's this:

A note!

HOLY poo poo, SUGARY THINGS AND ANTI-RUSTY THINGS

The haul:

Stickers!

Wait, what's in that envelope...

:krad:

A carbon fiber? carbon fibber? Chrysler pen, which now lives on my desk at work:

(it writes very nicely)

A broken BMW electronic thing of some sort, I'm guessing spark plug wire piece?

Not pictured: BMW ignition key
e: it's crashing the fourth picture, I didn't notice

Thanks a million Mat_Drinks! The candies were AMAZING, it turns out my GF has actually been to that store and missed it, so some stuff from back home arriving for the holidays was great! I'll probably be putting the Internal Frame Coat into rustproofing the Justy, and the Subaru brochure will definitely end up framed on the wall next to the Comanche ad SiF got me a while ago. I'm curious what the backstory on the BMW part is...

Right on man, I'm glad you enjoyed everything!

I'm pretty sure you're right about the spark plug wire piece... I got it in a box of junk from the PO of my 2002 so I don't know for sure. He also gave me a key ring of ~20 keys and that key doesn't work on my car. He mentioned having owned a dozen 2002s in the past so there is a good chance that key will still work in a car somewhere :) :)

Just remember with the 'What would Jeremy Clarkson do?' sticker that you have three options: More power, racial epithet or punch it in the face. :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

Stickers!

Lol he re-gifted you the breasts sticker that my wife re-gifted to him last year. You should save it for next year and re-gift it again :v:

iwentdoodie posted:

Sorry for the f bomb comic :v: and I've had that book sitting here for a bit, so when I got you it immediately went in the box considering your history. Now make an archive of your poo poo dammit.

No worries, he hears the F bomb quite often in this house and knows not to use it :v:

As far as archiving what do you mean, like posting them here? A lot of it is commercial type stuff, but if there was interest I could start a thread i guess.

But if you wanna look, here's my stock at the Icon SMI website, quite a bit here I think: https://www.iconsportswire.com/browse

Here's a few Corbis attained from Icon for some reason: http://www.corbisimages.com/Search#pg=craig+peterson

[e] gently caress, I just went through a couple of pages and saw my images of Dan Wheldon god dammit :smith:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 23, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Thank you uncle Adiabatic!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Santa, baby, in a few hours I won't be at this address until, worst case, January 4th, so if there's no word from me, that doesn't necessarily mean packet hasn't arrived. There'll be someone to receive it, so it'll be there when I return.

A little worried about the stuff I sent out, should be there by now, but clearly isn't. :ohdear:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

bolind posted:

A little worried about the stuff I sent out, should be there by now, but clearly isn't. :ohdear:
I try not to worry about it. I find stuff usually gets there, even if the post is a little slow around Christmas sometimes.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Thank you uncle Adiabatic!

:3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Mat_Drinks posted:

Right on man, I'm glad you enjoyed everything!

I'm pretty sure you're right about the spark plug wire piece... I got it in a box of junk from the PO of my 2002 so I don't know for sure. He also gave me a key ring of ~20 keys and that key doesn't work on my car. He mentioned having owned a dozen 2002s in the past so there is a good chance that key will still work in a car somewhere :) :)

Just remember with the 'What would Jeremy Clarkson do?' sticker that you have three options: More power, racial epithet or punch it in the face. :)

Loved it! As for WWJCD, I'm aiming for more power or a punch in the face, I'm not much a fan of racial epithets.

The key probably works in most of my Jeeps, too. Their ignitions are so loose after 2xx thousand miles that the keys often fall out while driving and/or they can be started with any jeep key or for that matter anything resembling a flat straightish piece of metal.

leica posted:

Lol he re-gifted you the breasts sticker that my wife re-gifted to him last year. You should save it for next year and re-gift it again :v:

haha, I didn't recognize it! Yeah, it's not going on any of my cars so I'll have to save it for a special someone :ninja:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Trying to get my package out today. It'll be a little late but it'll still be Christmas'y :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Holy poo poo my santee is going to be happy. USPS is delivering it right now instead of Boxing Day like they said they would.

GET HYPED.

• Locked thread