Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
gently caress. Light this guy up, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
...we must regret nothing and put this fool down.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
What have I done

Without even a seconds hesitation, without even thinking, Louis brought the pistol up and shot the man between the eyes. Brains splattered across the wall and the shelves stocked with food and plates. A look of surprise crosses his face for a second before he slumps to the floor.
“SABINE!” its more of a primal roar than a shout, as Comtois throws himself towards his sister's body. He scrabbles for purchase on the blood covered tiles of the kitchen floor, and is covered in blood himself by the time he reaches her. He cradles her in his arms weeping, the knife/tooth still protruding from her head.
“Mon Captain……” Loius starts, numbness fills him, he had never killed a woman before, and it had never been his intention to hurt her.
“YOU DID THIS!” he roared in reply. “YOU KILLED HER!!” dropping the body he got to his feet, a mad look in his eyes, he looked around, and grabbed an actual knife from the kitchen table. “YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!” he shouted once more, then lept forward, brandishing the knife….

Our stability takes a hit for the unfortunate slaying of Sabine (6/12) - although once again we are ok with killing nameless mooks.
Comtois on the other hand has suffered a serious 8 point shock for losing one of his sources of stability!
Do you -
Kill him, he’s too far gone.
Knock him out and tie him up, then apologize nicely and try and calm him down.
Something else. I’m not sure what.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Get on the other side of a door and hold it shut. If he circles around go to the other side. Hopefully he should eventually realise it's pointless trying to kill us and brrak down in tears, or head off for the police at which point he's got his back to us and we can tackle and disarm him.
E: play Yakkety Sax as appropriate

I mean I'd be ok with a simple disarning attempt too. We're younger snd he was bedridden until a few minutes ago

simplefish fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 28, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Well, I think knocking the Captain off after accidentally murdering his sister would probably be another serious hit to our stability so I'd suggest trying to restrain him or run and hide. The former is probably going to end in one or both of us being killed though. C'est la vie.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 28, 2016

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Run Away!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
We put a bullet between his eyes too. He was obviously too crazed from the influence of the tooth and now it has claimed his sister it has driven him insane

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Knock him out, try not to screw up too badly.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Blame it on the tooth? It's obviously some kind of evil artifact, she just got zapped by the curse.

Speaking of which, do we need to make sure she stays dead?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Just shoot the guy. End a potential problem and honestly put a crazed man out of his misery. Sure it's gonna hurt, but the pain keeps us sane. poo poo happens.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I say disarm and restrain him.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Just to those wanting to run away, remember that he knows who we are and we don't like the police

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Let him do what he's going to do. We deserve this. :smith:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Disarm him (put a bullet in his leg if we have to), restrain him and question him once he calms down.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Shoot him in the kneecap.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Sorrow

“I’m sorry” Louis stuttered, but the Captain kept coming and Louis's block was a second off, and the knife slashed down his arm from shoulder to elbow, opening a deep cut that ran red with blood. Seeing that he would have to take the Captain out before he killed him, Louis put everything into the next punch. It connected with Comtois’ jaw and he went down heavily.

Louis stood alone, bleeding from two wounds in a room with four dead bodies and an unconscious bleeding man. This was, to say the least, not how he had expected the day to go.
Moving quickly, he moved the Captain into another room and bound him to a chair with the rope Sabine had attempted to use, once he had done this, he hastily tied some rags around his wounds, trying to stop the bleeding - he wished that he had at some point had a chance to learn first aid, but there was little he could do for now.

Returning to the kitchen, he pulled a tablecloth from a draw and laid it over Sabine’s body. He then began to rifle through the bodies of the dead men. It did not take him long to find their wallets.
All three of the men had the usual things on them - money, keys, cigarettes. They also had a few more rounds of ammunition for the revolvers they had been carrying. None of this was in any way useful to finding out who they were - until Louis came across the same business card in all three of their wallets - it was for the Gallery Modern, just off the Place de la Concorde. He had heard off it, but never visited. It was an up market place, which traded in all the new and up and coming artists, as well as trading the occasional masterpiece between collectors. Why these men had the card was suspicious - they did not seem to be patrons of the modern arts!

Sobs from the other room announced that Comtois had returned to consciousness. Checking the pistol, just in case, Louis walked into the room to face the music.
“You murderer!”
“I am sorry, my captain, it was an accident - those men were never going to let us leave alive, and i sincerely believed I could hit him without hurting Sabine. The tooth was slick with blood and it put off my aim.” Comtois struggled against his bonds, but was unable to break free.
“We could have figured something out! We could have tried talking! You acted without thinking and now my sister is dead!”
“Yes, and that is something I will now have to live with for the rest of my days.” This seemed to do something to Comtois, his anger gave way once more to uncontrollable sobbing.
Louis put a hand on his shoulder, then slumped back, tears in his eyes to.

An hour later, he felt safe to release Comtois. The man still looked like he had not forgiven, but was willing to move on for now - they had been attacked, and this could wait until they figured out who was after them and for what reason.

They returned to the kitchen.
Sabine’s body was missing. The blood soaked tablecloth was on the floor, the blood splattered across the room and pooling on the floor had changed from bright read to near black as it had begun to clot.
But there was no body.
There was no tooth.
Looking at the door, there was a great bloody smear on it.
Had someone snuck in and taken the body while they had been in the other room?
The pair exchanged a shocked look, before Comtois asked.
“What do we do now?”

We’re at -1 Health, so are considered wounded and are at -1 to all our rolls (on a D6, so a fair penalty. We would die at -12, for those interested.
Do we
Go looking for whoever took the body
Go looking for medical help - both Louis and Comtois are injured!
Try and clean up the mess/dispose of the bodies
Call the police - there has been an assault and a body snatching!
Something else.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Get patched up this is not a happy decision :(

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hmm. Did we wind up being friends with the cop who we're in a cat and mouse game with? This might be our way to get him involved.

If so, give him a call. "I would rather not enlist your aide but I'm in over my head. For now here is a short and simple summary. I was visiting a colleague and his sister. There was an assault by gunmen who wanted a fossil that belonged to him. We dispatched the gunmen but my actions caused the death of his sister. I want to submit whoever ordered the theft to the justice of the sword. Were you at Verdun and what would be the conditions for your assistance?"

Edit: If that's not an option we might have to chance getting the help of the communists. Who might be trying to activate the elder god thing themselves.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 30, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Grognan posted:

Get patched up this is not a happy decision :(

This. We need to get patched up. Also Plan RandomPaul

It is a sad day, and one that will live in infamy.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 30, 2016

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
This is war, soldier. We've got to keep moving. The Jerries are on the move, and if we don't act now, they will out-flank us. After them!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There's the chance that getting the help of the detective will cause a sanity hit but honestly we are in over our heads at this point and now would be a good time to introduce a third person to our party.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

sullat posted:

This is war, soldier. We've got to keep moving. The Jerries are on the move, and if we don't act now, they will out-flank us. After them!

Those knockwurst-nibbling Boche are at it again!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Uhhh, I say we go over the possessed woman with the tooth that creates zombies and put another one between her eyes before this gets out of control.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Apocron posted:

Uhhh, I say we go over the possessed woman with the tooth that creates zombies and put another one between her eyes before this gets out of control.

I specifically didn't suggest this option because with no knowledge of the Mythos other than our nightmare in Verdun, we have no real grounds to believe that this will happen.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I mean suspecting the tooth did something to the dead body isn't a huge leap considering we've already been inside a painting and uncovered buried memories of unholy abominations astride the battle field. Finding out what happened to the body is a plausible reaction in this situation!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Apocron posted:

I mean suspecting the tooth did something to the dead body isn't a huge leap considering we've already been inside a painting and uncovered buried memories of unholy abominations astride the battle field. Finding out what happened to the body is a plausible reaction in this situation!

I'm down with rationalising our belief that it is possible, don't get me wrong :D

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Apocron posted:

So far (and this will probably change), we've only had what could easily be explained away as a fever dream, hallucination or whatever. Going from that to straight-on assuming that zombies exist does seem like kind of a huge leap.

Dispose of the bodies, then get patched up. Also, offer Comtois to stay at our place. Whoever sent these guys will probably return at some point.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I really wish when I said throw the tooth I didn't mean like a throwing knife. Oh well. This is more interesting!

If we're stable, bury the bodies in the vegetable patch. Then break out the Armagnac and stay the night. We probably shouldn't leave the poor fragile man alone.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

We're relatively stable, we're shaken from the sudden bloodbath in rural France, but the actual killing of random guys is not bothering Louis much - it must be the Great War experience.

Comtois is a lot less stable, and having lost a source of stability he's not going to be all that stable in the long term.....

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How does Jean-Paul count as a source of stability anyways?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

How does Jean-Paul count as a source of stability anyways?

I see it as a "better the devil you know" Situation its always nice to know you have a bead on the undercover cop watching you.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
With the whole Great War experience bubbling up, the natural response would be to press on. After all, it sounds like we served under Nivelle...

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

So Heal, Dispose of the bodies then heal and pursue are all on 2 so far!

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
A vote for Dispose of the bodies then heal, then!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Cleanup.

“We need to clean this up, hide the bodies.”

“Why can’t we just call the police? They attacked us!” Comtois looked around the room.

“They would never believe us, and whoever sent those guys could easily have the pull to keep us in jail for a long time, or even buy off a judge. Someone is out to kill you, the best thing you can do now is disappear.” Louis replied.

“But what about Sabine's body, who would have taken it.”

“All I can think is that the tooth was embedded in it, and someone couldn’t get it free, so decided to take the body. I’m sorry, but We can’t afford the time - all they want is the knife, then they will leave her body somewhere and it will be found.” Comtois didn’t look convinced, and went outside, hoping to find his sister's corpse nearby.

When he returned, Louis had wrapped the bodies as best he could in tablecloths and other sheets and placed them in a pile. He had set to work scrubbing up as much of the blood as possible.

“Anything?” He asked.

“No, there are two cars out there, but I assume one is yours - I can’t see any signs of any others having been here, but they may have parked further away.” He picked up a cloth and began to help clean the room.

It took two hours, but they were able to get most of the blood up - the grout was stained a deep black, but it was widespread enough to not look out of place - unless you were looking for the sight of a bloody fight that is.

“What do we do with the bodies?” Comtois asked.

“Is there a river nearby?

“Yes, it’s fairly deep as well. We could use some rocks to weigh the bodies down.”

The next half hour was spent moving the bodies down to the river one by one and throwing them into the deepest part. They took care to try and make sure they were not observed.  Finally they could tend to their wounds.

Comtois suggested the local doctor, he was a old family friend, and while he would ask questions, he would not spread the information around.

The old man was shocked to see the state of the two as they turned up at his door after dark. The doctor's wife moved quickly to get his medical bag as Comtois explained what had happened - that they had been attacked by thieves and Sabine was dead, and that someone wanted to harm them and it was best for Comtois to disappear.  

The Doctor promised to keep an eye out for Sabine's body, and they concocted a story to keep the people from getting suspicious if she was found while Comtois was in hiding.

They then got into the car and drove to Paris, as the attackers knew nothing about Louis, it was a safe bet they could use his place as a base while they rested and healed up.

They spent the next few days resting, before considering their next move.

In that time, there were a number of disturbing reports from the region around the Comtois farm. Several people had gone missing in the region, with no reason to run away.

so, what do we do?

a] Follow up the disappearances in the farm area.

b] Follow up the art gallery card.

c]  do some research on the tooth.

d] something else!

Also, i’m calling a session end, so we refresh all pools, and have 2 points to spend on skills - what do you think Louis should improve in?

Sorry for the slow posting, but this was done from my new tablet with keybord, so hopefully I can pick up the pace a bit!

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Assuming the thugs were sent by someone with connections to the Gallery Modern, we should probably play it safe and avoid showing our face (and especially Comtois') in there.

That said,

B) Have one of our trusted Communist contacts poke around the gallery for us and report back what they find.

We should probably ignore the disappearances for now, poking around the farm area even more is bound to make us run into another gang of murderous gangsters sooner or later.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Comrade Koba posted:

Assuming the thugs were sent by someone with connections to the Gallery Modern, we should probably play it safe and avoid showing our face (and especially Comtois') in there.

That said,

B) Have one of our trusted Communist contacts poke around the gallery for us and report back what they find.

We should probably ignore the disappearances for now, poking around the farm area even more is bound to make us run into another gang of murderous gangsters sooner or later.

Au contraire, the Gallery knows about the Captain, but not us. Since we killed all the dudes sent to his house. We should totes snoop around the Gallery under the guise of our day job. Also put points in disguise.

B

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

sullat posted:

Au contraire, the Gallery knows about the Captain, but not us. Since we killed all the dudes sent to his house. We should totes snoop around the Gallery under the guise of our day job. Also put points in disguise.

B

this seems legit.

let's introduce the Captain to Monsieur Tartin while we're at it. he could use the cat cuddles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

sullat posted:

Au contraire, the Gallery knows about the Captain, but not us.

As far as we know. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing we should take a chance on, and moreover it's only prudent to scout out a potentially dangerous situation carefully in advance. Once we know all we can about the place, we can make a move ourselves.

• Locked thread