Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

I'm going to restart my XCOM 2 Goon Squad game. I took the time to redo some of the soldiers, too. Note that there's plenty of room on my squad, if there are any more volunteers. (We need more women characters)

I didn't pass away did I? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Okay, I really gotta start playing the game now.

First mission roster: Dr "Euphoric" Cheeto, Za "Angel" Phiel, Pre "Precision" Cision, and Tap "Cowabunga" My Mountain.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mission start!

Our first victims.

They get blown up by Tap My Mountain's frag grenade.

Second group of victims.

A catalogue of misses.

They don't miss Precision, though. (Irony!)

Dr Cheeto, please don't miss a point-blank shot...

Thank God.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:laffo: at the return of my guile hair and wicked goggles. It's even better since I've got glasses in real life.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dr Cheeto shows off his katana, impressing women everywhere.

There's Tap My Mountain, drinking alone.

New mission! Due to Pre Cision's grave injuries, we must find a replacement. Video "Super" Games is just the man we need.

Our mission is to destroy this device. It's transferring evil alien data or something, I dunno.

But first, we spot this playground nearby.

Goon Squad quickly moves in to secure the playground.

We find ourselves surrounded by xenos (i.e. aliens).

One makes the mistake of hiding behind a propane tank.

Dr Cheeto's PhD in Applied Science is well served here.

It's a bit of an awkward angle, but Za Phiel takes out the alien data device thing.

Then we mop up.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Most high sounds about right

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dark souls 3 dlc feels really weak. I just cleared it in 3 hours. its pretty well designed level wise but the enemies aren't too varied, the 2 bosses are either very lazy with reused normal enemies or full of cutscenes that make sunbroing really boring/annoying
i don't much care for the arena mode either i prefer pvp in the wild.

the original painted world is so much better idk.
i hope the second dlc is better.

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe
Being a power couple and a turtle!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Am down to be a soldier in the goon platoons. My name is nongendered so make me whatever as long as im pretty.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I want to be an expendable mook. Also, please make me an xcom guy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:lol: this pretty drat close, considering you have no idea what I look like. I guess you were going for movie Zaphod?

Nice Mario

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 4, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oh neat, I guess Final Fantasy Legend II keeps a running tally on how many saves the cartridge has had on the save file. My first save on this cart made it save #37.

Based on their dudes though they didn't play it very much.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You know what sucks?

Genocide.

What sucks a lot lot lot lot lot less is that I've got a tune stuck in my head and I can't remember what it is from and the lyrics are just "la la la" so that's no help!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

What sucks a lot lot lot lot lot less is that I've got a tune stuck in my head and I can't remember what it is from and the lyrics are just "la la la" so that's no help!!!

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

You know what sucks?

Genocide.

Yeah, the two extra boss fights are reaaaally good but the slog it makes of normal gameplay, while thematically appropriate, isn't very fun

also here ya go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0LhDiMj8Q

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You've been listening to Dem Bananas again haven't you?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Nope

Looper posted:

Yeah, the two extra boss fights are reaaaally good but the slog it makes of normal gameplay, while thematically appropriate, isn't very fun

also here ya go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0LhDiMj8Q

I get it

also, nope

I remember it being some cartoon thing from I wanna say cartoon network where it was a character just singing like

LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAAAAA

on repeat and I think he might've been marching or something and ugh I don't even know why it popped into my head but it's been bugging me for a week now

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

You know what sucks?

Genocide.

https://twitter.com/Gavin4L/status/794343398220173312

quote:

Rosemary's baby or Nyan Cat.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FirstAidKite posted:

You know what sucks?

Genocide.

this happened to me recently and i thought it was piep piep kleiner satellit but it turned out it was they call me sonic

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

Nope

I get it

also, nope

I remember it being some cartoon thing from I wanna say cartoon network where it was a character just singing like

LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAAAAA

on repeat and I think he might've been marching or something and ugh I don't even know why it popped into my head but it's been bugging me for a week now

one banana two banana three banana four

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl6HnhFFIA

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you should listen to a youtube of common license free music. it was probably hall of the mountain king or powerhouse or something

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

the new Flintstones comic has no right being as good as it is, but it's amazing. Check it out!

Also fun hearsay: Apparently the writer they approached for it said that "I hate the Flintstones." DC's response was "that's not a problem."

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAAAAA

I'm confident that this is your song.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 4, 2016

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lmao I read that dialogue in their proper cartoon voices, too :stare:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If Tetlltale Batman has drones, why doesn't he just make the drones do all the work. Have them take pictures of the crimes and drop off the evidence at the precinct. Hostage situation? Drones drop tear gas and tase the bad guys.

I know the answer is that that'd be boring for the audience, but Telltale are the ones who gave him stupid drones in the first place.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Bought and beat Pokemon Snap yesterday.

Holy gently caress that game has heart and so much love put into it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm confident that this is your song.

YES

THANK YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Grapplejack posted:

the new Flintstones comic has no right being as good as it is, but it's amazing. Check it out!

Whoa what?!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

YES

THANK YOU

On the one hand, drat, on the other as soon as I heard it and read your post again I knew he was dead on.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the ending to deus ex: mankind divided loving sucks

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Grump posted:

Bought and beat Pokemon Snap yesterday.

Holy gently caress that game has heart and so much love put into it.

It's so good. I wish constantly that they'd make another

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Whoa what?!

They let a dude who hates the Flinstones go hog wild with the property, with divisive results.

Regy Rusty posted:

It's really weird how they never made another one.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

The whole game is kind of lame and janky and replaying Dishonored after it was like a breath of fresh air.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1313881651/grand-old-academy-a-satirical-dating-sim

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It's really weird how they never made another one.

Despite how good it is, I don't think it actually sold that well and was always considered kind of a joke.

Now that we have Go we will never get a proper sequel

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

why

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Despite how good it is, I don't think it actually sold that well and was always considered kind of a joke.

Now that we have Go we will never get a proper sequel

I'd be surprised if there wasn't another shot at it sometime soon with how hot Pokemon is right now. Sun and Moon have an full on camera mode for photographing wild Pokemon so its spirit is still around at least.

I found Dawn of War and its 3 expansions in a second hand store today, only picked up the base game and first expansion but it's really fun. I also found Icewind Dale which I'm finding less fun.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Invisible Inc is pretty drat cool. That's all thanks for your time.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ostentatious posted:

buy our sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Regy Rusty posted: