Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

lol cool I'm going to watch the vod tomorrow

Please do because Im curious how long I spent on Sigma Stage 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I only played X2 once so I don't remember it really well. I know the Ostrich boss had a really big room and he really annoyed me for some reason?? I literally remember NOTHING about the Sigma stages, except I don't think they were really hard. Maybe I should replay it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

trying to jack off posted:

lol cool I'm going to watch the vod tomorrow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im gonna try and beat MMX2 tonight if the Sigma Stage 2 doesnt make me QQ again.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Started playing MM Zero... it's brutal how your option to go to a stage just disappears if you get a game over in it

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Started playing MM Zero... it's brutal how your option to go to a stage just disappears if you get a game over in it

It's a real dumb mechanic you should just ignore. Just choose the reload option anyway since you miss out on stuff like elemental attacks eventually.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I beat X2 last night. The most bizarre final boss I've encountered so far

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

I've heard post-X4 is just abysmal so I'll play until they get really sucky and move on. 7 was the worst I've played so far, so if anything gets as bad as that I'll just drop it prolly

X7 is actually pretty good, and it has some great bosses like Tornado Tonion

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

It's a real dumb mechanic you should just ignore. Just choose the reload option anyway since you miss out on stuff like elemental attacks eventually.

It's influencing me to try and beat all of the stages without dying which might have been what they were going for.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training its friday night and Ive got my big beer so I might play through all of X3 in one sitting

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The X sprite and all its various iterations is still probably one of the most badass things ever to me. I used to draw it over and over again in middle school.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bill Barber posted:

The X sprite and all its various iterations is still probably one of the most badass things ever to me. I used to draw it over and over again in middle school.

megaman shifting its design from cute to cool is pretty amazing compared to other games

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

megaman shifting its design from cute to cool is pretty amazing compared to other games
Nicest guy you'll ever meet

Twisted loving psychopath

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I thought ProtoMan and Bass were the most badass characters imaginable when I was in middle school.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dont like the charge upgrades in X2 or X3, they just make the charge shot worse at the highest level which is pointless and it fucks up my timing on everything

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Holy crap the last bit of Mega Man Zero is tough.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

In Training posted:

I dont like the charge upgrades in X2 or X3, they just make the charge shot worse at the highest level which is pointless and it fucks up my timing on everything

it looks cool af though

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

MMZ2 is going to drive me crazy. Having to perfect the stages to unlock the boss abilities is crazy and I love it.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
[ask] me about playing mega man the wily wars on sega channel

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Going from blue, un-upgraded X to fully-armored and upgraded X is an indescribable feeling.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna get back to this tonight (end of semester work load ftl)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually change of plans because the Nier Automata demo just came out so I'll probably stream that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok now Im gonna play some of Muh mega Mans

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I looked up any upgrades I missed in X3 and they like tripled the amount of upgrades available and I missed around 80% of them

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I looked up any upgrades I missed in X3 and they like tripled the amount of upgrades available and I missed around 80% of them

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
impressive low percent run

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMYmGL_Jd5s

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Is that moving at PAL speeds :psyduck:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's horrifying

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol at the auto charging megabuster

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oh btw in trainjng you should give the megaman arcade game a play just to see it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

An arcade near me has it on a multi game cabinet but on of the buttons isnt reliable :eng99:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

That's horrifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbht_bSvKcs

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

This makes me sad every time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've only beaten 3 levels in Mega Man Zero 2 trying to get A ranks and new forms without dying. Hard game

Soral
May 30, 2009

gah!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

codenameFANGIO posted:

This makes me sad every time.

what's not obvious from the video is they changed all the levels so you don't have to explore or beat the bosses in a certain order to get all the upgrades, it just dumps them on the critical path so they're impossible to miss and if you still can't get them you can buy them with real money

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
oh and let's not forget the 25th anniversary game Rockman Xover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERslvt6UOR4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*begins screaming*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004