Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Blaise330 posted:

This is going to be like the 5th console in a row i'll regret not buying in bulk and ebaying. I'll never learn.

its down to like 390 on eBay, that ship has sailed, dude makin pennies off that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I also regularly forget that it retails at $299. I've had 3 separate :stare: reactions to that.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
these days the real money is in stealing & selling way before street date so get a job as a longshoreman

some guy paid $1300 for a weeks-early copy of No Man's Sky, lol

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I hate this ad because that haircut is loving terrible.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Blaise330 posted:

This is going to be like the 5th console in a row i'll regret not buying in bulk and ebaying. I'll never learn.

when Smash Bros Wii U came out, I was waiting outside the store and was bullshitting with one other guy waiting. He told me to buy the Wii Fit Trainer and the Animal Crossing kid amiibos. I knew nothing about that stuff but I figured 10 bux each it's worth a shot. I got $150 for both of them on ebay.

While there I also picked up the Wii U to Gamecube controller adapter for $20. When I went to a friend's house that day, we used the one he bought, so mine was still new. Like a day later I saw they were going for $110 on eBay lol. I sold it and just waited for them to be back in stock (I had no idea they were going to be "rare" for a while).

So long story short I made $220 in profit just because I went to the store to get Smash Bros

I bet the Switch Pro controllers end up going for big money for a month or two.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

lol at me for buying a nintendo? lol at you for being so poor that a video game machine is a purchase that even registers

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

it's not about money. it's about dignity

edit: well I guess op is lacking in that as well though...

Mugticket fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Feb 23, 2017

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
They just need to put a modern account system on this thing.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Will you be able to buy Switches as separate parts?

You only want the core portable unit? That''ll be $100 less than the unit with a base.
You need a spare base you can plug into a different TV without unhooking/moving it all the time? That'll be $150 on its own.
Etc.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
yeah just $400-500 for a console, some games, and accessories

*flushes $100 bills down the toilet*
hehehuhehueh youd have to be a moron to be too poor to do this hehuhueahehahuh

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

The Dennis System posted:

They just need to put a modern account system on this thing.

It's really strange how Sony got PSN right on the PSP back in like 2006 and Nintendo is still struggling to have a functional account structure over a decade later. I get that Nintendo has always been ambivalent over online play and such, but it seems like self-sabotage at this point and much less sheer incompetence. Nintendo could have cloned XBL/PSN ages ago, if they chose to, but they just don't care.

The silliest part is specific games like Pokemon, Smash Bros, Splatoon, etc have intuitive, and in some cases, very unique online features, but Nintendo has zero coherent, unified vision in their online account system. They're just really stubborn.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 23, 2017

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
sending game invites to friends has to be done through a phone/tablet app lol

but it would be cool if a real console like playstation launched with phone app interactivity in mind. like there was a metal gear solid app for ground zeroes that showed your map at all times. do that, but 1 app for the console designed to provide extra interactivity/info features for every game that wants to support it

just your game is playing: theres a mini-map in the corner. open up your PS4 connect app and your mini-map jumps to your tablet. tilt it from portrait to landscape orientation and your inventory is next to it. drag dildo to your characters hand to equip
no ridiculous controller required in a world where every prospective customer already has a smart phone. unless you buy the dildo accessory

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

gary oldmans diary posted:

sending game invites to friends has to be done through a phone/tablet app lol

but it would be cool if a real console like playstation launched with phone app interactivity in mind. like there was a metal gear solid app for ground zeroes that showed your map at all times. do that, but 1 app for the console designed to provide extra interactivity/info features for every game that wants to support it

just your game is playing: theres a mini-map in the corner. open up your PS4 connect app and your mini-map jumps to your tablet. tilt it from portrait to landscape orientation and your inventory is next to it. drag dildo to your characters hand to equip
no ridiculous controller required in a world where every prospective customer already has a smart phone. unless you buy the dildo accessory

Last I heard, the app isn't even going to be ready by launch.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The dock, literally nothing but HDMI out and power in, costs $90. Hahaha

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Universe Master posted:

The dock, literally nothing but HDMI out and power in, costs $90. Hahaha

I think when docked it overclocks the system (so it can handle 1080p) so maybe there's a fan in there too?

Also these things cost $60: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Delivery-Charging-Specification-ChromeBook/dp/B018XF4KRC

Still a bit of a rip though.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28yUf5l6egw

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I will buy Nintendo Switch and Zelda Breath of the Wild on launch day. I don't want to miss the gaming revolution

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
nintendo fanboys are downvoting this thread lol

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Having to send invites through an app or whatever is pretty drat lol.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

cant wait to play dat switch

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
No virtual console at launch. Just lol. This thing is going to have the same quality of VC support as the Wii U, which is to say, piss poor. This probably means that they will also still have the awful system of your digital purchases being tied to your console rather than your account.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Personally I like the app, I can opt to close it unlike my gaming console. :cool:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I really love the idea of "need to talk to your friends in-game? just use our app on your smartphone" lol

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Did this turn into the actual discussion thread of the nintendo switch, lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I love how the Switch is another piece of consumer electronics crap that can help me forget that I'm a horrible person and my life is poo poo for a few minutes. -Switch fans

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Applewhite posted:

I love how the Switch is another piece of consumer electronics crap that can help me forget that I'm a horrible person and my life is poo poo for a few minutes. -Switch fans

yeah havent these idiots heard of heroin

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

duhhhh im a gay idiot with a baby dick *shits himself*- every single person who will buy the new nintendo console

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

bitmap posted:

duhhhh im a gay idiot with a baby dick *shits himself*- every single person who will buy the new nintendo console

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Why would anyone get a switch when they can just get a 3DS and be happier

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*takes 100 dicks out of rear end just long enough to go buy a new console game before stuffing them all back in because anyone who console games in this day and age must just love getting stuffed in the rear end with cock*

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Is the switch a handheld thing? Isn't that what phones are for? :confused:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

bitmap posted:

lol at me for buying a nintendo? lol at you for being so poor that a video game machine is a purchase that even registers

:agreed:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
lol

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tbh I'll probably get one when the price sinks because I'm a sucker for Mario games and especially Mario kart and super smash brothers

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"I'm a dumbass" -Luigi S. Mansion

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"It's a-me! A dumb-a bastard-o!"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014