Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

EvilHawk posted:

Presumably United will get a fine for fielding a weakened team?

Agreed, regardless of the consequences for United (there aren't any) there are still things the opponent is playing for and someone down the line is going to object to fielding an obvious throwaway side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Agreed, regardless of the consequences for United (there aren't any) there are still things the opponent is playing for and someone down the line is going to object to fielding an obvious throwaway side.

If Palace win and results go their way they can pick up an extra £2.5-5m in bonuses so there's that.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
https://twitter.com/tripleh/status/865857892318052354

I don't know why but it really tickles that WWE Superstar Triple H is apparently a West Ham fan.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Hoops posted:

I don't know why but it really tickles that WWE Superstar Triple H is apparently a West Ham fan.

What else would you expect from a man that really likes sledgehammers?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hoops posted:

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Lol

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/EuropaLeaguue/status/866313560925904898

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

never mind

Vegetable fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 21, 2017

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lmao Arsenal have been getting owned on social media all season long, and now Uefa joins in.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

blue footed boobie posted:

Lmao Arsenal have been getting owned on social media all season long, and now Uefa joins in.

look closer lenny

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Both Pep and Aguero have confirmed that he (Aguero) is staying :swoon:

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Arsenal v Chelsea is the only match i can remember from the entire campaign. horrible season.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Arsenal will win the FA Cup, Wenger will sign on for another five years, and the cycle will begin anew

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

triple sulk posted:

Arsenal will win the FA Cup, Wenger will sign on for another five years, and the cycle will begin anew

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/866367975703687170

edit: also unrelated but if Per starts the FA Cup final (and considering the Arsenal CB situation now he probably will) am I understanding correctly that it will be his first start of the season :eyepop:

EvilHawk fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 21, 2017

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/866367975703687170

edit: also unrelated but if Per starts the FA Cup final (and considering the Arsenal CB situation now he probably will) am I understanding correctly that it will be his first start of the season :eyepop:

He's been injured all season.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Shrapnig posted:

He's been injured all season.

I'm aware. More that the club's captain hasn't started a single game all season.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

I'm aware. More that the club's captain hasn't started a single game all season.

He'll be the new signing they need to get top four next season

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

EvilHawk posted:

https://twitter.com/gooner_ak/status/762590939701477376

It looks like the Arsenal captain has only started 13 matches over the past 4 seasons combined.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Getting the game stopped and having his team mates give him a guard of honour in the minute to match his shirt number is such a John Terry thing to do that I'm surprised I found it surprising.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
But like a fart in a jacuzzi, now he's gone forever.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I can't believe sunderland agreed to it

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

I can't believe sunderland agreed to it

I can absolutely believe that David Moyes agreed to it.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm surprised anyone gives a poo poo. Sunderland and Chelsea were both in their final positions so unless the game was fun to watch then it was a completely meaningless game, so Terry's ego actually gave this match something worth talking about.

Personally, not only would I have allowed Terry to do that whole spectacle, but I would have asked to make this a legends match (bring back Zola) and theres should have been a ten minute period where they play with no goalkeepers. And Paolo Di Canio as player manager for Sunderland.

Gorn Myson fucked around with this message at 11:43 on May 22, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gorn Myson posted:

I'm surprised anyone gives a poo poo. Sunderland and Chelsea were both in their final positions so unless the game was fun to watch then it was a completely meaningless game, so Terry's ego actually gave this match something worth talking about.

Wonder what the bookies think.

Ban JT until Joey Barton can play again.

Fernando Llorente is spending the first part of his well-deserved summer hols in Dublin with the Scarlets. He's rugby mad, apparently.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
is Terry actually retiring or is he loving off to China or MLS

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

A whole summer without footie, you'd think they'd find a way to avoid this

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Vegetable posted:

The Confederations Cup is this summer if you want a preview into racism and bad teams

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

excuse me lady posted:

is Terry actually retiring or is he loving off to China or MLS

He's going to play for Mancchester united for Mourinho.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao at all this but especially allen and karius

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
It's gonna be great when Liverpool either a) lose their Champions League qualifier or b) finish 3rd in their group.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

track day bro! posted:

this isnt true

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

track day bro! posted:

Shock free transfer ahead of the EL final?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

excuse me lady posted:

this isnt true

It's true, your going to hold up a big sign about loving John Terry at old trafford.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dare to Terry

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Lot 49 posted:

Getting the game stopped and having his team mates give him a guard of honour in the minute to match his shirt number is such a John Terry thing to do that I'm surprised I found it surprising.

Terry knew he wouldn't be able to get on the pitch otherwise and made right decision. Compare that to Gerrard who played the full 90 against Palace when he probably should've gone off in the 8th minute. Or Giggs who made the mistake of playing for 8 years after subbing in for Rhodri.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Lot 49 posted:

He was at the club since he was 14 and won everything. Whether you hate John Terry or hate him, I feel like he deserved that. Again, the actual match didn't really mean much.

Vegetable posted:

Footie never stops if you want to watch international and poo poo club friendlies all summer!

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 22, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/thehuwdavies/status/866349903018176514

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Big Marvin Emnes has been released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture