Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Hey all. I need to get rid of some older stuff.

Would anyone be interested in any of the following?

Colossal Spectre
Colossal Fing Fang Foom
The old colossal Starro
The Challenge of Galactus Galactus
A bunch of Colossal Sentinels from the wolverine and the X-men set. They are the toys r us exclusive better ones
Vehicles from the Batman set, cop cars, bug, etc

And if anyone is looking for older figures, pre cards I’ll sell them for a song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Oh, man. How much are you looking at for Foom?

Edit: And which version of Foom is it?

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 2, 2018

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
I have only gotten to use the Buggy as terrain thus far, mostly because I haven't played a non-themed team with a spot for it yet. But I have a list of fun potential pilots, including:

Wererwolf from undead (once he rolls a 6 and goes nuts) and Dr. Jekyll in Hyde mode. Also yes, 50 point Hulk.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hope the sculpts/paintjobs for the TAS set are comparable to the ones at whatever event is providing the screenshots. Even if they aren't. I never thought I'd see a Hardac Batman or Baby Doll in clix so I'm already pretty happy.

Really curious what the ratio of actual TAS stuff is to JLU, Batman Beyond and Superfriends. HCRealms are setting themselves up for heartache by hoping for alot of the last 3 I think.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

thebardyspoon posted:

Hope the sculpts/paintjobs for the TAS set are comparable to the ones at whatever event is providing the screenshots. Even if they aren't. I never thought I'd see a Hardac Batman or Baby Doll in clix so I'm already pretty happy.

Really curious what the ratio of actual TAS stuff is to JLU, Batman Beyond and Superfriends. HCRealms are setting themselves up for heartache by hoping for alot of the last 3 I think.

My prediction? Superfriends will be the chases.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 2, 2018

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

Oh, man. How much are you looking at for Foom?

Edit: And which version of Foom is it?

Just plain green foom and in asking only 30 plus shipping.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

ManiacClown posted:

My prediction? Superfriends will be the chases.

Yeah that's my expectation, either that or some sort of theme that allows Phantasm to be one of the chases. That Superfriends Aquaman sculpt is definitely something I'd expect on a chase though.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I'll go even further in my prediction and be specific. The eight they'll have are Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman (those three because duh), Aquaman, Green Lantern, Black Vulcan, Samurai, and Apache Chief. They have to have the token ethnicity friends, plus I think fans would riot if Apache Chief wasn't present. Wonder Woman will have a power called "Some Day We'll Be As Developed As You!"

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Apache Chief was announced early on. And, yeah, I'd riot if they didn't have him. He's been near the top of my list of figures I want to see for almost fifteen years.

50-point Hulk does make a tempting Buggy pilot. I'm looking at 50-point headmaster Wolverine, to go 11 with the Blades and be a little more survivable when he pops out, but 12 attack/4 damage is tough to pass up, particularly if the Buggy carries around some Empower.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Torrent posted:

Apache Chief was announced early on. And, yeah, I'd riot if they didn't have him. He's been near the top of my list of figures I want to see for almost fifteen years.

Ah, that's right. Still, unless they've confirmed otherwise I'm calling that he's a chase. It's exactly what WizKids would do. Look at Red Son and DKR.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ManiacClown posted:

Not that I want to be a meta player, but I just looked and found a seller who had them for $1 each with $3 shipping, but each additional item is only $0.50 so I'm buying all three. He also had a TRM Grandmaster, so yes, I'm getting a Jeff Goldblum figure. Yay! Now I'll be able to commit some manner of retardery with them at some point. I could maybe mod one into the Shocker-Mobile.

A guy who works at our venue modded a friend's dune buggy:

Reusing the Spider-Mobile sculpt to give us a generic dune buggy was still an extremely lovely decision, though.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

A guy who works at our venue modded a friend's dune buggy:

Reusing the Spider-Mobile sculpt to give us a generic dune buggy was still an extremely lovely decision, though.

At least people are making the best of it like your friend did, plus it's useful. I guess that's another thing WK's good at, even if unintentionally: doing something wrong but creating an upshot to it.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 1000 points no resources or ATA’s

I ran the X-Men because I just got a bunch of XXS and I wanted to

UXM Iceman with Brainiac
DP Banshee
Layla Miller
Pixie
UXM Emma Frost
DXF Cable
Forge
XXS Professor X
XXS Moira
XXS Cyclops at 50
XXS Wolverine
XXS Storm
XXS Dust
Beast, Magneto, and Colossus ID cards
A pile of student ones I never used

Round 1 versus a bunch of Green Lantern from WOL. Parallax and the lost lanterns and a recruit plus a white lantern Kyle.

I just used Professor X to move him in my range and unloaded. With banshee turning off everything and a stupid amount of perplex there wasn’t much he could do

Round 2 versus all the infinity chases, unseen, living tribunal, eternity, and infinity

Lost map roll and lost the game right there as I got EE’d with a 13 from 14 away and he had 4 probs in range and I had 0. By the time I got at all close enough I was too beat up to even try to go for his big guys and just KO’d 2 chases losing everyone except Emma, chuck and Cable when time was called.

If I’d won, he was going on shadowlands and forcing him to me.

Round 3 versus Minions of Thanos.

Corvus Glaive
Proxima Midnight
Supergiant
Ebony Maw
Infinity thanos with all his traits at max
Mangog at 30
Black Dwarf
Gamora
Quasar ID

I won map, tossed him on Hulk bombing ground cause I didn’t care. Proxima took first shot but only hit Layla and got murder by cyclops who died to her cull trait. Supergiant got slammed and died to dusts dust. Corvus tried to run upstairs and take on a forge and storm but was hit end dial and crit missed an 8 v 18 attack. I neutralized Thanos who missed his come and get me roll and then everyone just teed off. Cable hit for 6, Wolverine flurried, it was bad and he went down in a round. Just mop up from there

God there is just so much perplex on X-men now it’s insane.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
BTAS dial previews! Batarang equipment, Batman Beyond is a common and pretty good, the JLU has a shared trait and seems to be clustered in the rares, there's a Henchman generic and Penguin has what looks like a shared bad guy trait to generate them using Leadership.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Those sculpts are so good, might push the boat out and get a case of this set. Superfriends have got to be chases then I think, if Batman Beyond and JLU are confirmed as non chases. Only other potential themes I can think of would be Justice Lords or like, big villains from the animated shows so Luthor/Brainiac combined, Darkseid, Phantasm, Beyond Joker etc.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Right. Theoretically, I can see them pulling important characters like Luthor-Brainiac and maybe Old Man Bruce from across the DCAU, but it looks even more like the Superfriends will be the chases. It makes sense because people have wanted to see them forever, so WK will make them very hard and expensive to get because gently caress you, fans, buy, buy, [i]BUY!!![/b]

That said, this weekend we're doing a non-tournament casual event of 800 Silver (Oreo bases onward) with no feats, BFCs, or ATAs and your team has to have a named keyword. I've gotten a SHIELD Flying Car so I'm using that and running (obviously) SHIELD. However, next weekend is 300 Golden and I'm pretty much out to earn Fellowship, possibly with a team of characters who I don't know that anyone's ever run themed unless maybe they ran two Aces: all 215 points of the Royal Flush Gang. It's all three of them from Crisis with the Millennium Stone at full because why not. I'm not sure how to fill the other 50 points, though, because I'd use Black Hand and Entity if K&Q and J&10 weren't duos. I could possess Ace*, I suppose, for Prob from Entity, but that's still a good 25 points down. I'm also considering Hulkbusters (who I'd have to run as a Soldier theme instead so I could use the Military Tank) or A.I.M.

*Edit: No, I couldn't. I forgot he's a giant.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 8, 2018

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I haven't in a while, but I used to try to run the Royal Flush Gang. I think I fudged theme by throwing just about anybody in the Injustice League family of figures in to fill out points. Calculator, maybe, since they have his TA and he fits with most villains. .

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Oh, maybe I should go full retardery (now that I've refamiliarized myself with the new vehicle rules) and run one of:
  • Supernova #096 Thanos (13 AV/4 Dam/10 Range; PsyBlast, Outwit)
  • WoL #041 Parallax (Hal Jordan) (11 AV/5 Dam/9 Range; PW, Prob)
  • (Age of) Ultron (12 AV/5 Dam/9 Range; EE, Mastermind, Outwit, Stealth)
  • Unleashed Magog (13 AV/5 Dam/8 Range; Super Strength, EW)

I'm leaning toward Thanos if I do this because of his high AV and Range with Psychic Blast or Outwit if I'm facing Invincible, but Magog would be kind of funny too even if I can't use him to make the Dune Buggy pick up the Soda Machine. Hal's AV isn't as good to borrow, but he would let the Buggy use Pulse Wave. If I go with Ultron I'd even have room to use the Spider-Mobile instead, taking advantage of its double target with EE if I face a swarm. I'm leaning toward Thanos and the Dune Buggy because A) it would be funnier and B) I don't think I've ever used that Thanos since I got him a few years ago.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Earth X just got announced as the next Marvel set, and... ugh. First Elseworlds/What If, then Battleworld, then Earth X? Let's get back to actual continuity, guys.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

CapnAndy posted:

Earth X just got announced as the next Marvel set, and... ugh. First Elseworlds/What If, then Battleworld, then Earth X? Let's get back to actual continuity, guys.

I dunno, do we need more Avengers sets?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Apparently they were running battle royales with BTAS at Origins today, so a bunch of dials are getting spoiled.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

CapnAndy posted:

Apparently they were running battle royales with BTAS at Origins today, so a bunch of dials are getting spoiled.

We only ran two, and players had to win a raffle to get in. The set looks really great!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

How right was I about the chases?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

ManiacClown posted:

How right was I about the chases?

Someone previewed a super friends Robin chase a few days ago and as of last night at least nobody had pulled any other super friends in non chase slots so yeah looks like it's Superfriends chases.

The pictures of the actual sculpts in hand are pretty damned good and nearly all of the dials that have been posted so far look really fun. The villains especially, some of the value you can get out of them is crazy.

The Hawkman and Hawkgirl duo are very weird though, they have the JLU sculpt and the trait despite those characters never really working together much in the show but then they have comic appropriate keywords like All Star Squadron and Justice Society. I guess they're letting them pull double duty as comic and show figures since they've never made a duo of the two in a comic set (been ages since they've made a regular universe Hawkgirl at all really). Hopefully there's a solo JLU Hawkgirl elsewhere in the set, would be a bit bullshit to make one of the big seven only appear in the set as a duo from like one episode.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Combing through the dial thread I see the Robin, who I should have figured would be one. That means at least one of my eight specific predictions is off.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 500 modern game elements only. I decide to run a non Hydravengers squad.

I went with:

AI SR Photom
AI SR Quasar
AI Jack of Hearts
Wasp, heart of the Avengers at 50
Con Giant Man at 15
AVDFW Black Panther at 30
AVDFW Vision at 50
Jane Foster
AVDFW Super Leadership Captain America

Basically a swarmy avengers squad with a ton of attackers and lots of retaliation potential.

Round 1 versus X-Men

First class Cyclops, Beast, and Marvel Girl
Headmaster Kitty
Blink
Hellion
3 students at 25 all on hypersonic speed
Broo at full
Surge

I think that was it. I won map and went onto jeans school outdoor. Photon was a ping pong ball, rolling a ton of leaderships to ping here and there. He had blink come up and hit a guy but ate a big retaliation from Giant Man which hurt him really badly. He did get Panther but I was able to pick off his pieces one by one.

Round 2 versus Mystical

Lord Chaos and Master Order at 100
Mary Marvel
Zatarra? (zatana’s dad)
KC Spectre
Witch

I won map roll, we went to shadowlands. I was not dealing with a range of gently caress off on two cannons.

Bit of positioning in the beginning as I made sure he wasn’t hypersonicing wasp or Jane. Wasp would keep choosing the clockwork plus 1 and be healed by Jane to build things up. He had Mary Marvel move out 10amd hit quasar for 2. That was a mistake as I popped clockwork and unloaded on her with everyone. KO’d that round. Spectre came up and hit jack of hearts off pulsewave and lord chaos and master order had their defense bumped up 3 and moved up. I popped wasps -10 and got healed and all tokens removed, Jack pulsed Spectre and Quasar crit hit for the KO. Knocked Zatarra our with Cap and Photon and lord chaos and master order fell soon after.

Basically the map, wasps title power, and the Avengers Infinite trait really swung this game in my favor.

Round 3 versus the Infinity Watch.

All the watch pieces from AI and Maxam.

I won map and chose arcades arena because it was the first one out of my bag. My dice hated me this round and the guy I was playing has dice magic powers. If you need a 4 and he says “Can’t miss” not only will you miss you will need like 4 theme rerolls to hit.

This was a tough tough fight. He had Drax come down and base a few of my smaller guys. Since he was 100 I was able to hit him and get a KO. Maxam was passed the gem and popped into his spot and nailed Jack for a KO. Wasp and cap and Panther pounded on him for KO. He came back with a vengeance, KOing Jane via a MC of Wasp, hurting Quasar with Warlock. I proceeded to miss, a lot. And forget to retaliate with Giant Man. He did not miss and KO’d wasp just as I got to 10 plot points. That caused vision, Panther, and cap to all take 1. Took some shots on gamora and KO’d her. She passed the gem to Warlock. Retaliated on pip Adam and Moondragom and hit all of them. Quasar finished off pip who passed his gem to warlock. Warlock KO’d Giant Man and healed. Vision ran to bass them and got hit to CCE while Adam healed again. Managed to KO moondragon but had to attack with everyone as he made all his senses rolls. Dude has dice magic I swear. Adam had almost all the gems and time was called. I lost everyone except Quasar, Cap, and Photon.

Rough fight.

Man Photon is just broken for her points, she’s ultra effective at anything she does. Quasar was also solid. Lots of invincibile clicks and good damage. Wasp I really want to play at full and use her retaliation more.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

thebardyspoon posted:

The Hawkman and Hawkgirl duo are very weird though, they have the JLU sculpt and the trait despite those characters never really working together much in the show but then they have comic appropriate keywords like All Star Squadron and Justice Society. I guess they're letting them pull double duty as comic and show figures since they've never made a duo of the two in a comic set (been ages since they've made a regular universe Hawkgirl at all really). Hopefully there's a solo JLU Hawkgirl elsewhere in the set, would be a bit bullshit to make one of the big seven only appear in the set as a duo from like one episode.

The Hawk duo are a champion-designed figure. My guess would be that they were designed as main-universe versions, and then WizKids added the JLU sculpt and flair in order to make it fit the set theme, since we only have one DC set this year.

Origins was exhausting, but I really do love running events for people all week. 'Clix players generally rock.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Help me build a team for an event.

500 points movie night. Build a team based on a movie. Can't be a comic book movie or other property that WK owns that was a movie (LOTR, Star Trek, etc)

I'm having pretty bad indecisions. I wanted to do Mad Max with Dune Buggies but the teams always blew. The judge of the event doesn't want cheese but said he'd have played living tribunal and a reporter and called it bruce almighty so I don't know what the gently caress he'd consider cheese or not.

Give me cool suggestions

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

Help me build a team for an event.

500 points movie night. Build a team based on a movie. Can't be a comic book movie or other property that WK owns that was a movie (LOTR, Star Trek, etc)

I'm having pretty bad indecisions. I wanted to do Mad Max with Dune Buggies but the teams always blew. The judge of the event doesn't want cheese but said he'd have played living tribunal and a reporter and called it bruce almighty so I don't know what the gently caress he'd consider cheese or not.

Give me cool suggestions

Golden Age, I take it?

Edit: And what vehicles do you have to work with?

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 20, 2018

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

Golden Age, I take it?

Edit: And what vehicles do you have to work with?

Not as many as I used to. I'm purging older stuff. I have the vehicles from AVAS and everything from Infinity. I was planning on using dune buggies.

And yes to golden age but I have recently purged most of my non carded figures.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I can't go because of a family thing but I had a Get Out team that I goddamn love and I'm sad I can't play it, so at least I can post it here:

CWSOP Black Panther (Chris)
WF prime Poison Ivy (Rose)
FI Iron Fist (the brother, because he's a douchey white guy too in love with his own martial arts abilities)
TMT Enchantress (the mom, because she's an expert at mind control and manipulation)
Hydra Cap (the dad, because he acts all liberal but is really a big nazi and leading a huge conspiracy)
CACW War Machine (a black guy who inexplicably acts like a white guy)

500 points on the nose.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

A bunch of Devil Dinosaurs and the Grandmaster from Thor: Ragnarok set will get you a Jurassic Park theme.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

Not as many as I used to. I'm purging older stuff. I have the vehicles from AVAS and everything from Infinity. I was planning on using dune buggies.

And yes to golden age but I have recently purged most of my non carded figures.

Hmm. Would Heavy Metal count as a "comic book movie"?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

More BTAS spoilers; chase Hawkgirl is #73. Over a dozen chases! Have fun!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

They better be goddamned common enough to somehow form a team.

I had every intention of skipping this set, but I forgot how iconic these specific versions of the characters are. This is the Mr. Freeze that made Mr. Freeze a character worth a drat. This is the Two-Face that made me a fan of Two-Face.

So this set doesn't come out until August and we're getting this many previews already?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
July is the release I think, barring some sort of delay but when have those ever happened?

Reason the whole set has nearly been revealed is they had a battle royale or something at Origins using the set so a bunch of people have figures from it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

On the bright side I was informed that Inque and Zatanna, SRs who got previewed today, are numbers 061 and 062, so my previous assumption (SRs usually stop at 060) was wrong. Maybe not thirteen chases, but still quite a few!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

On the bright side I was informed that Inque and Zatanna, SRs who got previewed today, are numbers 061 and 062, so my previous assumption (SRs usually stop at 060) was wrong. Maybe not thirteen chases, but still quite a few!

At least nine so far as Robin is 63. There’s so many villains that will be my go to for years to come for Arkham/Gotham Underworld teams in this set it’s ridiculous, it’s a shame most of them so far are SRs but that does mean they’re more amazing than they’d be otherwise.

Here’s a question for y’all: for three of the four weeks in July we’re doing themed games where you choose one character and they have to be on all your teams in some form or another; the three formats are named theme, generic theme, and one keyword away (adding them to one named theme team for a keyword they don’t possess, for the universe they’re from).

Which character would you choose? Ultron and Batman have already been chosen, I was leaning towards Terror since I love him but I don’t want to burn myself out on the 2.5 versions of him we have, so I’m thinking Captain America/Steve Rogers because he has a lot of variety of point values and power sets.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

How about Venom? You could do GOTG, Spaceknights, Monster, Soldier, Reporter. Lots of variety there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

There's also Dick Grayson. He's had versions all over the place, a few of them quite good.