Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so its replacing one lovely awful theocratic oligarchy thing with a autocracy run by a "social progressive" rich technocrat who quotes enough "woke and stylish" poo poo to get a pass from libs so he can push the middle east into deeper conflicts and kill more kids with Yemen with our help so he can jerk off to some lovely musical about a dead rear end in a top hat. good and cool.

guidoanselmi posted:

Anyone remember the scene in Hamilton when he strings up John Adams and tortures him??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5108651/American-mercenaries-torturing-Saudi-princes.html

MBS could have started his path to redemption if did this to Friedman.

i mean thats loving horrifying but arnt most of his victims rich royal dumbshits who do awful poo poo and get away with it or rich poo poo gently caress salafists who have been funding horrors accros the world. seems like they are getting what they deserve. that being said. JESUS gently caress. shits loving scary. worse part is it wouldn't surprise me if trump was directly involved with this poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 05:23 on Nov 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
MBS is just replenishing the power of the ORB, after Trump exhausted it, with the blood of Saud

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the problem with the hamilton soundtrack is lin manuel isn't actually a very good singer, and literally every show he's ever written and starred in improves dramatically when someone else takes over the lead. the show is really great if you can actually get to see a production of it. it's quiet uptown is like 100x better with the new guy

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the problem with the hamilton soundtrack is lin manuel isn't actually a very good singer, and literally every show he's ever written and starred in improves dramatically when someone else takes over the lead. the show is really great if you can actually get to see a production of it. it's quiet uptown is like 100x better with the new guy

yeah he sucks and is completely overshadowed by every other person in the cast.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i guess. i tried listning to it and it just felt like bad edutainment music. i guess its not my style. hell i dont even hate Hamilton himself that much( i dislike jefferson alot though for a ton of reasons) but he isnt the best magic founder god by country mile. he is interesting though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

bad edutainment music.
this is why i absolutely refuse to buy into the hype surrounding this awful idea for a play. audiences would have laughed hamilton out of the room 20 years ago

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i refuse to consume media that has insufferable fanbases so i wont watch hamilton or anime

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
anime is the people's entertainment, cheap to produce and distribute, hamilton is bourgeois decadence, defined by its scarcity and basically just conspicuous consumption

THS
Sep 15, 2017

its only cheap due to the exploitation, overwork, and underpaying of artists!!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

rudatron posted:

anime is the people's entertainment, cheap to produce and distribute, hamilton is bourgeois decadence, defined by its scarcity and basically just conspicuous consumption

thats like saying telenovelas are the peoples entertainment when they are just about squeezing as much blood from the stone as possible. the makers of this dumbed down drudgery being force fed to the masses will be first agaisnt the wall

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Yandat posted:

i refuse to consume media that has insufferable fanbases so i wont watch hamilton or anime

man with principles incapable of consuming any media

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

really, the biggest failure of Hamilton as a work is that it's a hip-hop retelling of early american history without a single song that involves Benjamin Frankin, the original american fuckman

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The only exposure to Hamilton I have is from the Hellsing Ultimate Abridged parody song about a fanatical Irish Catholic priest injected with nanomachines

I consider this better than actually watching the loving thing

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

really, the biggest failure of Hamilton as a work is that it's a hip-hop retelling of early american history without a single song that involves Benjamin Frankin, the original american fuckman

hamilton is erasure of the glorious history of philadelphia, founding place of this great nation, and greatest city on the face of the earth

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

rudatron posted:

anime is the people's entertainment

we the weebs

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Yandat posted:

i understand this feeling, but you should watch things without giving a poo poo what other people think. personally i refuse to watch hamilton because i grew up believing edutainment is lame as hell

THS
Sep 15, 2017

get that OUT of my face posted:

i understand this feeling, but you should watch things without giving a poo poo what other people think. personally i refuse to watch hamilton because i grew up believing edutainment is lame as hell

was mostly kidding. for example, i like rick and morty, and star trek

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

get that OUT of my face posted:

"I'm Just a Bill" is the greatest TV moment ever, FYI.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

but its all about the alexanders :confused:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
do what I did: completely detach whatever history lessons Hamilton might be teaching and judge it solely by the music and singing

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
my favorite hamiton song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds4dv4IS0PM

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

logikv9 posted:

do what I did: completely detach whatever history lessons Hamilton might be teaching and judge it solely by the music and singing

it's bad

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/jricole/status/934315235489456128

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 20:23 on Nov 25, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lese's Majeste

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Al-Saqr posted:

Hey guys guess what I'm officially a terrorist now. AMA.

What's the phone number for the Mutaween?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

I love that this happened like less then three days after this horseshit from Cuck Tom Friedman.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/23/opinion/saudi-prince-mbs-arab-spring.html

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Al-Saqr posted:

Stay safe dude

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

I love that this happened like less then three days after this horseshit from Cuck Tom Friedman.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/23/opinion/saudi-prince-mbs-arab-spring.html

Friedman's probably a huge fan of the Thai junta, to be fair.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What's the phone number for the Mutaween?

https://www.pv.gov.sa/Pages/PVHome.aspx

Phone:-

+966 01 8888 490 011

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Please don't die for your posts.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

Please don't die for your posts.

Remember the creed:- never stop posting.

No but seriously i have some real life obligations coming up so imma take a break.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Nice

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol remember when people thought the 21st century and the internet meant human enlightenment?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Horseshoe theory posted:

Friedman's probably a huge fan of the Thai junta, to be fair.

lol man i got to look up Tom's Take on thailand now

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

lol remember when people thought the 21st century and the internet meant human enlightenment?

...when was this true? :raise:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Horseshoe theory posted:

...when was this true? :raise:

Before the internet, obviously.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Is this to report people that try to extort you? lmao

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

fits my needs posted:

Is this to report people that try to extort you? lmao

lol report yourself to the secret police to avoid blackmail, smooth

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

this is some fantasy police poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Oh my god

• Locked thread