Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FronzelNeekburm posted:

"Govn't" is a strange abbreviation.

Chuck Schumer wearing an inexplicable purple dress labeled "WHOMST'D'VE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
At least Branco managed to depict his side as the good guys in that story. That's a real step up in cartooning prowess for him I think

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

OAquinas posted:

The DPRK is one of the largest state suppliers of slaves in the modern world.
I'm not even remotely surprised, I'm just wondering if the word "gulag" has actually been genericized.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Ben is already retweeting alt-right talking heads discrediting Bannon. It was obvious he'd take Trump's side, but I can't wait to see how he explains it :allears:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on rail season-ticket price hikes – The transport secretary, Chris Grayling, has been accused of dodging his responsibilities after he left the UK for Qatar on the day much-criticised rail fare increases came into force"

Telegraph:

North Korea reopens hotline to South to discuss Olympics

Independent:

Iran declares victory against anti-government protesters following week of unrest that left 21 dead

Times:

McMafia: Critics give their verdict on new BBC drama

Evening Standard:

Corbyn urged to break his silence about Iran protests

Mail:
MAC on... rail fare rises and migrant stowaways

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I know this is a reference to the archaic term "dumb" meaning "mute", but I'd still be in favor of every political cartoon that is critical of the thing it depicts having a "DUMB..." label in the top left

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Sandpuppy posted:

Rall's cartoons look so much better when he Tinsleys out the background.

Ted Rall very fairly and intelligently says, "Well I think all speech matters," as he takes the fire hose and turns it on the group of protestors

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Fister Roboto posted:

They don't gove, they govn't.
Trust me, you don't want them to Gove.

(The weird-faced idiot failing to fight aliens here is Michael Gove, a vastly incompetent member of the Conservative Party)
(Gove is poo poo)

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Viriginie Le Borgne and Ghadi Ghosn on the cold war between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

tag yourself I'm SEND SOMEONE TO GULAG

they have those in north korea right

They have those weird "three generations of suffering" psychological and physical torture camps anyway

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

TheDarkFlame posted:

Trust me, you don't want them to Gove.

(The weird-faced idiot failing to fight aliens here is Michael Gove, a vastly incompetent member of the Conservative Party)
(Gove is poo poo)
"David Cameron appointed an Education Secretary with no real qualifications" is such a quaint thing to complain about by today's standards. :v:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

loquacius posted:

I know this is a reference to the archaic term "dumb" meaning "mute", but I'd still be in favor of every political cartoon that is critical of the thing it depicts having a "DUMB..." label in the top left

Ramirez has come pretty close.

etc., etc.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This has aged well.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ah yes, 2012 was a magical time for Ramirez :allears:

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Turns out that business men don't translate well into politicans most of the time because there's more to politics than the economy, whoda thunk it!

Pilchenstein posted:

"David Cameron appointed an Education Secretary with no real qualifications" is such a quaint thing to complain about by today's standards. :v:

Michael Gove has been Secretary for Education, Justice and the Enviroment at varying times over the last eight years. Either he's the most qualified man ever to step foot in British government, or someone in the Conseratives keeps giving him jobs because they like him or something (hint: it's the latter). He did help usher in the post-truth era imo: after sticking the knife in Cameron and trying to undermind the Brexit Remain campaign in order to get more power, he smugly declared "people have had enough of experts".

This turned out to be a bad and short sighted thing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

OldMemes posted:

Turns out that business men don't translate well into politicans most of the time because there's more to politics than the economy, whoda thunk it!

It also turns out there's more to the economy than serving the interests of big business to the exclusion of all other concerns :wth:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

OldMemes posted:

Michael Gove has been Secretary for Education, Justice and the Enviroment at varying times over the last eight years. Either he's the most qualified man ever to step foot in British government, or someone in the Conseratives keeps giving him jobs because they like him or something (hint: it's the latter). He did help usher in the post-truth era imo: after sticking the knife in Cameron and trying to undermind the Brexit Remain campaign in order to get more power, he smugly declared "people have had enough of experts".

This turned out to be a bad and short sighted thing.

It is amazing just how much both the UK and US got screwed over by malicious and incompetent assholes. Also it is people like him that makes me regret that the UK doesn't have some government base in the arctic where people like Gove could be sent off to run it so that they could freeze of their balls without being able to gently caress over everyone else.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

D.N. Nation posted:

etc., etc.

I love how "redistributes wealth" is a negative here. Really tells you all about the "rich should get richer, poor should get poorer" mentality of Michael Pulitzer Ramirez.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I wonder if Ramirez ended up drawing Obama more than Trump last year.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Hunt11 posted:

It is amazing just how much both the UK and US got screwed over by malicious and incompetent assholes. Also it is people like him that makes me regret that the UK doesn't have some government base in the arctic where people like Gove could be sent off to run it so that they could freeze of their balls without being able to gently caress over everyone else.

It's just the spite of it. Say what you will if Cameron was right to call the referendum or not, but he put his back into campaign....only to have Gove and Johnson undermind him and risk the economic future of the country so they can have another shot being being Prime Minister. Which they could have had at any time anyway. The sheer selfishness of Johnson and Gove in the campaign was distasteful.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

D.N. Nation posted:

etc., etc.

Where’s the one that has “is rich” as a label on both of them? Love that comic

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

nerd plus rage posted:

Where’s the one that has “is rich” as a label on both of them? Love that comic
At first I thought "Isn't that the one posted?", then I remembered he did a second Romney/Obama/arrows cartoon with even more labels. :allears:

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Someone should print out this comic, staple it to a pillow, and rub it in Ramirez's face until he dies from irony and/or suffocation

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"He spends all my money and gives me free stuff"

:confused:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fister Roboto posted:

"He spends all my [rich, white] money and gives me [poor, negro] free stuff"

:confused:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Ben Garrison posted:

Afraid of war and North Korean nuclear ambitions, Bill Clinton indulged the Hermit State and gave them billions of dollars. The Norks instantly violated the agreement and secretly developed nukes anyway.

1: Norks? Seriously?
2: It continues to annoy/amuse me that Garrison always mentions Clinton or Obama but completely ignores that NK got nukes while Bush was president. I know, "who?"

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

In a WSJ op-ed, Mark Duowitz and Ray Takeyh describe the current uprising in Iran. They say it differs from the Green Revolution which was about election fraud. This one began “over economic grievances and quickly transformed into a rejection of theocracy.”

The protesters are angry that $100 billion in Iranian assets unfrozen by the Obama administration haven’t trickled down to the people. Instead the money has gone to support militias in the Middle East and energy and weapons for Bashar Assad in Syria.

So, instead of chanting “Death to America” they now shout “Death to Khamenei” and “Death to Rouhani!”

The White House narrative on Iran has changed too. The Trump administration is supporting the protesters and ignoring the “moderate leadership.”

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gotta wonder how many people have tweeted at him to say "actually, an increase in extreme weather is further proof of climate change" by now, sum total, over his career

gotta be in the thousands

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

For people just coming back to the thread, please note that Ted Rall literally works for Sputnik News, the Russian propaganda organ.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Jurgan posted:

1: Norks? Seriously?
2: It continues to annoy/amuse me that Garrison always mentions Clinton or Obama but completely ignores that NK got nukes while Bush was president. I know, "who?"

"Norks". For when you REALLY want to use a racial slur but you're too lazy to actually look it up.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Meanwhile in Austin...

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

This might be a crazy thought, but bear with me: what if removing the sanctions meant that Iran could no longer claim an American boogeyman as the reason for their population's economic distress?

Vandalseed
Jun 21, 2013

Bringdowner

Shangri-Law School posted:

For people just coming back to the thread, please note that Ted Rall literally works for Sputnik News, the Russian propaganda organ.

"The Thrilla in Vanilla" is pretty funny, though.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Dueling Bandsaws posted:

This might be a crazy thought, but bear with me: what if removing the sanctions meant that Iran could no longer claim an American boogeyman as the reason for their population's economic distress?

Looks like the "Great Satan"...

:frogc00l:

...wasn't so great after all.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Shangri-Law School posted:

By Rall standards, it's brilliant. Still isn't even fit for Bors to wipe his rear end with it though.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Chip "Trickle Down Is a Scam" Bok

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Make Satan Great Again