Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

In fifth grade, a teacher was dismissed for slapping a student in class.
You knew Curtis???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
In primary school one kid bit half his toungue off when he slipped on the monkey bars or something. Blood everywhere.
They stitched it back together.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

t-.-t posted:

One time I was walking down the hall to get to class and some kid just came up behind me, grabbed me, and slammed me to the ground, and ran away. I had no idea who it was, had never talked to the dude, and was so shocked I just kinda lied there for a while. Found out later down the grapevine he had a crush on me, but a suplex wasn't exactly wooing me.

That's pretty :lol:. I should totally keep reading this funny post....

t-.-t posted:

On a completely different incident a few years later, I was in the school counselor and tearing up for some reason, and he just stopped me mid sob to tell me "I look really pretty while crying." That still creeps me out thinking about it.

...:ohno:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I keep reading the thread title as "hosed up stories from grad school". That would be a very different thread.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

BigBadSteve posted:

Your lazy writing has made half of your post incomprehensible. 2/5

Kindly explain to us what you meant exactly by "poop room in classroom".

I'm going with, they put a portable toilet in the back so that you can still listen to the lecture when you poop.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In elementary and grade school once a yaer we got to go to the charlotte greek fesitval

whatever, greek orthodox is close enough to catholics, and none of us knew the difference. we got to wander around outside all day and eat a gyro.

except first we had to sit through a greek orthodox mass, and I was horribly allergic to the incense. in seventh grade I started having a panic attack because I couldn't breathe. They thought I was faking it and took me outside and wouldn't let me get a gyro and i just had to sit there for four hours and I had to go to the principle when we got back.

This would happen again the same year at my confirmation. i wasn't really big on this whole confirming my life to the church thing to begin with, but then that loving incense came by me and everything just closed up and I couldn't breathe. My mother thought I was making a scene, dragged me outside, burst into tears, and accused me of ruining everything for her.

that incense loving sucked

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Back in the days before Minecraft and even the Internet when kids wanted to build a fort they had to go outside and physically build something. When I was in 5th grade some kids from the grade before me decided to build a fort inside a mountain of rocks and boulders at the nearby gravel pit.

One of the kids had dug under a giant boulder and the story I heard was another kid climbed on top of it and it dislodged crushing the first kid to death.

All the kids in the neighborhood played in this gravel pit as it didn't even have a fence around it. I nearly fell off a boulder with a 10 or 15 foot drop while throwing rocks once and I wonder sometimes if I had broken an arm that day maybe the place would have been secured and the 4th graders wouldn't have tried to build a fort there.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

ultrafilter posted:

I keep reading the thread title as "hosed up stories from grad school". That would be a very different thread.
Not convinced, once we got the "one time I ate a shoe because aid was delayed a week" stories out of the way it'd go right back to drawing things with poop, issues causing the teachers, counselors, or students to openly weep, and guys suplexing girls they have a crush on.

a pawg at heart
Nov 26, 2013

the memories that come to mind from that time aren't hosed up as much as just banal kiddy evil.

in early grade school, my best friend and I played together more or less alone every recess, and would invent a bunch of dumb games, as you do.
when another kid wanted to join us, we decided that the two of us were an exclusive club called the Idiot's Club, and we invented a lot of hazing rituals that he had to do. the end result is that he did hang out with us, but would never be initiated into the Club. whenever he ever asked about becoming a member of the Idiot's Club, we'd make up some task for him, like running around with the front of his shirt pulled over his face, or jumping into the dumpster, etc, and then would just move the bar. I feel bad about it in retrospect, but it might the purest example of in-group formation, for its own sake, that I've experienced.

on the absurd side: the main rumor that haunted me in grade school was started by some kid, who said when he saw me pee once, I had such a long dick that I had to coil it up around my hand like a rope in order to pee. this was genuinely embarrassing to me at the time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FizFashizzle posted:

In elementary and grade school once a yaer we got to go to the charlotte greek fesitval

whatever, greek orthodox is close enough to catholics, and none of us knew the difference. we got to wander around outside all day and eat a gyro.

except first we had to sit through a greek orthodox mass, and I was horribly allergic to the incense. in seventh grade I started having a panic attack because I couldn't breathe. They thought I was faking it and took me outside and wouldn't let me get a gyro and i just had to sit there for four hours and I had to go to the principle when we got back.

This would happen again the same year at my confirmation. i wasn't really big on this whole confirming my life to the church thing to begin with, but then that loving incense came by me and everything just closed up and I couldn't breathe. My mother thought I was making a scene, dragged me outside, burst into tears, and accused me of ruining everything for her.

that incense loving sucked

The incense sucked but I don't think it's to blame

keseph
Oct 21, 2010

beep bawk boop bawk
This isn't from grade school, so perhaps it's cheating.

In undergrad, I had a major adjacent to EE, so I heard plenty of second-hand info from the students in that department. Universities have plenty of kooky professors, but this one was notorious in part because he wasn't a teacher at all -- he was the coordinator for the lab equipment that did all of the circuity builds/sims/etc. He insisted on being referred to as "doctor <name>" despite having no college degree whatsoever, let alone a PhD, to the point that he demanded IT set his email address to "dr<firstname>". All that and the mannerisms you can imagine go along with it were weird, but wouldn't have been newsworthy or memorable. What raised him up to that terrible distinction was his management of the very circuit lab machines that were his day job. The vast majority of these machines were given to the university as donations and they would be in various states of disrepair even before they were handled by a series of students who either didn't know how or didn't care about treating the equipment nicely, so it wasn't necessarily surprising that over two dozen of them disappeared from the lab in 2006. There was an official process for recycling heavy equipment like that and it most certainly did not include selling them on eBay off the books, yet that's exactly what he did with at least one set of machines with a retail value totaling over a quarter million. Genius "doctor" that he was, when a student asked why so many had suddenly disappeared, he reported them stolen which got it on the police radar. It all came to light over a year later, however, when one of the purchasers called up Tektronix to ask about repairing a part and provided the unique serial number off of the machine -- which Tektronix had cataloged as a donation to the college. He had apparently used the pocketed money to pay for travel expenses and during his arrest our galaxy brain "doctor" told police he was quite concerned about missing a flight to Jamaica.

It did make local news, although I won't link the article here to keep some amount of privacy for the guilty. You can probably work it out yourself too, but don't doxx.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

I remember a couple good ones from elementary school. My school had a row of parking lot lights on poles running down the center, well one day we're in class and heard a massive crashing sound from outside. We all run over to the windows, and somehow the UPS truck had smacked into one of the poles and toppled it over. No idea how, looking back I have to imagine he was drunk or something.

At the same school, for a brief period of time the high school and elementary were in the same building (Crummy 10ish year old private school). Sometimes when we were on recess the high schoolers were inside one of the lobbies farting around between classes. It got to be a thing that we would lean our heads against the windows and the high schoolers would mess about thumping the window where our head was. Nothing bad natured, just older kids messing about with the younger kids.

Well, one day I was doing that, standing there with my head against the window. Older high schooler goes to do the traditional thump-through-the-window with his palm and the whole loving pane shatters. Somehow I didn't even get a scratch but the high schooler had a massive slash across his forearm and had to get sped off to the hospital. The annoying thing was the faculty blamed me for the entire thing, saying I provoked him. Kids being kids of course nobody else in my class spoke up to say hey, literally everyone does that.

I was a little shithead in school, mostly from not thinking at all. We had some globe that you could take off the stand, so one day I tell my friend "This is how earthquakes happen" and toss the thing at the floor. loving globe just goes smush, I got yelled at by the principal then my parents.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

My elementary school took up a huge block in the middle of a suburb and had busy-ish roads on all four sides. Half of the block was a massive tarmac area enclosed by a chain link fence, and it was pretty normal for kids to kick balls over it. We had it drilled into us that we were not to go out to get stray balls etc ourselves even if they'd landed in the grassy verge nowhere near the road, or go to the other side of the fence for any reason, but if it was convenient – like, if a ball had landed right next to a gate or a hole in the fence – it was normal for people to quickly dart out and back in again instead of wasting precious recess time trying to find a teacher.

One day we were playing kickball and lost the ball over the fence, and it landed a few feet away from a hole that was big enough for 7yo me to fit through. I was closest, so I slipped out and grabbed the ball, and when I turned around to come back in, this little rear end in a top hat called Austin (who I'd barely interacted with at all during the two years I was at that school) was standing in the gap, arms wide, blocking me from coming back in, grinning, and screaming as loud as he could for a teacher to come because I was outside. So of course I bit his neck and got suspended for a week for it.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
When I was in grade 4 there was a kid on my street in grade 8 who got killed by a bb gun.
It was one of those crossman multi pump bb/pellet guns. The 1980s version ofthis one IIRC.

Story goes, him and a friend were fooling around with it and decided to do something else, it was loaded, safety was (presumably) off. The friend tossed it on the ground, and it went off, hit the (soon to be dead) guy in the chest, and went between two ribs and in to his heart.

Guy in grade 8 killed his friend by accident. Thats pretty hosed up.

I know you're not supposed to bad mouth the dead, but the dead dude was kind of an rear end in a top hat, so I wasn't sad.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

wesleywillis posted:

When I was in grade 4 there was a kid on my street in grade 8 who got killed by a bb gun.
It was one of those crossman multi pump bb/pellet guns. The 1980s version ofthis one IIRC.

Story goes, him and a friend were fooling around with it and decided to do something else, it was loaded, safety was (presumably) off. The friend tossed it on the ground, and it went off, hit the (soon to be dead) guy in the chest, and went between two ribs and in to his heart.

Guy in grade 8 killed his friend by accident. Thats pretty hosed up.

I know you're not supposed to bad mouth the dead, but the dead dude was kind of an rear end in a top hat, so I wasn't sad.

There was an episode of Rescue 911 where a kid shot a girl with a BB gun, and it ended up blocking a blood vessel and nearly killing her.

I recall putting a BB through a watermelon with my friend's pumpmaster. You're only supposed to pump them up to 10 times. You can in fact pump them a lot more than that.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
In 5th grade, my friend and I loved Lego Island (the first one) and every day he'd tell me about some secret island that he got to that involved some other pop culture stuff like a pokemon island, Dexter's lab island and so forth. This guy is a goon too, so there's a very small chance he can provide more details of what he said though I'm almost certain he doesn't pay attention to GBS lol

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The art teacher at my elementary school got really militant against Pokemon when it was first becoming a big thing. She discovered that Kadabra was Satanic and the “SSS” on his chest stood for Satan’s Secret Service and his spoon was for doing drugs. She knew this because of a visionary experience she had had in the bath, of Kadabra beckoning her to do evil. She did not hesitate to tell her students about this experience. It did put me off Pokemon for life so I suppose it worked in that sense. This is the only thing I remember from elementary art class apart from the citrus-scented lava soap.

In middle school one of the science teachers was infamous for starting every year by telling every class he taught the story of how his wife had been killed in a terrible car accident in which he was driving and spun out on black ice and got hit by a truck, and how her family still wouldn’t forgive him or speak to him, so now he grew loads of orchids everywhere (including all over his classroom) because they had been her favorite flower. The wife death had been over 10 years ago by the time I had him, and he had since remarried, but he continued to tell the story, despite the fact that probably every kid at the school had already had it passed down to them by horrified older kids.

Also in middle school the gym teacher/basketball coach/dirty old man in residence retired and there was an assembly in honor of him in which a specially composed song of praise was sung for this guy while he sat on a chair on stage smirking in the face of all this adulation being caressed and at one point kissed on the cheek by some of the older female students. Again this was middle school so when I say “older” I mean 13-14. It was hands down the most revolting thing I had ever seen at that time in my life. I can’t imagine what ANYONE involved with it was thinking.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

skasion posted:

The art teacher at my elementary school got really militant against Pokemon when it was first becoming a big thing. She discovered that Kadabra was Satanic and the “SSS” on his chest stood for Satan’s Secret Service and his spoon was for doing drugs. She knew this because of a visionary experience she had had in the bath, of Kadabra beckoning her to do evil. She did not hesitate to tell her students about this experience. It did put me off Pokemon for life so I suppose it worked in that sense. This is the only thing I remember from elementary art class apart from the citrus-scented lava soap.

This story sounds really familiar. Like I read it online over 15 years ago.

For some reason SA posts give me deja vu at least 3 times a year.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

She probably got the idea from somewhere else. “Pokémon are satanic” was a big meme among evangelicals around that time, just before Harry Potter got huge and they all switched to “Harry Potter is satanic”

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

skasion posted:

She probably got the idea from somewhere else. “Pokémon are satanic” was a big meme among evangelicals around that time, just before Harry Potter got huge and they all switched to “Harry Potter is satanic”

Yeah, I meant the specific stuff about Kadabra is really familiar.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, I meant the specific stuff about Kadabra is really familiar.

I did a bit of googling and it seems like the Kadabra=Satan thing might have been started by this guy Stephen Dollins, a supposed ex satanist who wrote some Christian bookstore fodder about how Pop Culture Thing is The Devil

This guys twitter is a pro read btw

https://twitter.com/s_dollins/status/967591891410841606?s=20
https://twitter.com/s_dollins/status/1138980564923572224?s=20
https://twitter.com/s_dollins/status/968727372169138177?s=20
https://twitter.com/s_dollins/status/923582626233044993?s=20
https://twitter.com/s_dollins/status/882792029499117575?s=20

skasion fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 12, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

chitoryu12 posted:

For some reason SA posts give me deja vu at least 3 times a year.

In my case it's because I only have about five anecdotes and forget that I've told them already.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

skasion posted:

I did a bit of googling and it seems like the Kadabra=Satan thing might have been started by this guy Stephen Dollins, a supposed ex satanist who wrote some Christian bookstore fodder about how Pop Culture Thing is The Devil

This guys twitter is a pro read btw

https://twitter.com/s_dollins/status/967591891410841606?s=20
https://twitter.com/s_dollins/status/1138980564923572224?s=20
https://twitter.com/s_dollins/status/968727372169138177?s=20
https://twitter.com/s_dollins/status/923582626233044993?s=20
https://twitter.com/s_dollins/status/882792029499117575?s=20

lmao

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://twitter.com/b0ttleCape/status/882798733292847105

We need more Foster's Home memes.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

:same:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the water fountain near the fourth grade class rooms started periodically shooting out weird pinkish red things, about the size and shape of an earthworm, but with the consistency of snot, maybe a little thicker

I don't know who first noticed it
when I found out I was going to take a drink and Che, who was an idiot and an rear end in a top hat, was hanging out next to it going "ughhhh you drink outta there?" to everybody who walked up so he could pretend they were disgusting to him. he showed me. you just ran the water for a bit and watched it. after a few seconds, a red thing would come out and then slip down the drain

when you're a kid, sometimes things happen that aren't supposed to happen but you don't think too much about it, because there's so much that you don't know, so to you it's just one of those things that you didn't know about. I think this is what we all were going through, because nobody brought it to an adult's attention

then kids started grabbing the red things and throwing them at each other
the teacher asked me where they were coming from, and I told her

and that's the last I heard of it. I have no idea what the red things were. I don't live in that area anymore, I haven't spoken to anyone who was present in over 20 years. all I know is I never drank out of that water fountain again

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

In 5th grade, my friend and I loved Lego Island (the first one) and every day he'd tell me about some secret island that he got to that involved some other pop culture stuff like a pokemon island, Dexter's lab island and so forth. This guy is a goon too, so there's a very small chance he can provide more details of what he said though I'm almost certain he doesn't pay attention to GBS lol

It's sad that your most nemorable grade school experience is hearing someone else's tales about a computer game.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A kid bashed a fellow classmate’s brains in with one of the heavy rear end combination locks we were issued for our lockers. I didn’t see it happen but saw the kid getting wheeled out with his head all smashed in. He lived but was all hosed up from it.

The cops killed a couple people in the McDonalds parking lot right next to our school during an undercover bust gone wrong. It happened about an hour after classes let out so there weren’t many students there but people who stayed late could hear the gunfire and the next day you could still see the bloodstains on the concrete.

A friend of mine in high school lost his father from a heart attack during the school year. We got to talking and I found out his dad had the heart attack while sitting in his car waiting at a red light. Two people saw him when he called out for help. They robbed him and left him to die. They were caught shortly after but it didn’t bring my friend any closure whatsoever and he was never the same after it happened.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

One day we were on the bus going home and a couple of guys on motorcycles were behind us. One of them really didn't like being stuck behind a school bus, so he decided to try and pass as both he and the bus went around a corner. He underestimated just how wide a bus has to take a turn and wound up crashing into the side of it and being run over by the rear wheels. We had to wait for the police and paramedics while the guy laid on the ground with his broken femur protruding through his skin. A lot of those poseur kids who like to play tough guy turned green when they were faced with actual blood.

It was annoying because we were close enough to my house that I could have walked home in under a minute, but legally the bus driver couldn't let us off anywhere but directly in front of the driveway.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

BigBadSteve posted:

It's sad that your most nemorable grade school experience is hearing someone else's tales about a computer game.

Well, it's either that or the time the group of friends around some guy all got together to accuse me of stealing a bunch of those gel pens (remember those?) for some reason I have yet to understand. It's not like its affecting my life anymore, but it was a huge blow to my self confidence and trust. Plus it was so long ago that there are very few memories at all :shrug:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
The chair leg sodomy.

catholic school btw

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

The chair leg sodomy.

catholic school btw

just normal everyday catholic school chair sodomy

what

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Tashilicious posted:

just normal everyday catholic school chair sodomy

what

https://www.mylloydminsternow.com/10082/doctor-concerned-response-potential-high-school-hazing-incident/

Catholic High School trying to cover-up the anal rape of a football player.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kinda the crazy thing about old video game rumours is some games legit had easter eggs like that, often ones you'd never figure out on your own. Never knew how to actually get to Black Hole in Star Fox til I looked it up. And I think the other secret level is designed to make you sound crazy when you try to describe it.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

“There was a student in the locker room, who, as part of a hazing incident, or some kind of punishment for poor performance, had an object inserted into an orifice, with potential for injury,” said Govender.

“My understanding is that the student was not taken to seek medical help immediately after the incident. The student was allowed to practice, and had a regular practice after the injury, and was only taken to the emergency approximately three hours after the incident.”

:catstare:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cubone posted:

the water fountain near the fourth grade class rooms started periodically shooting out weird pinkish red things, about the size and shape of an earthworm, but with the consistency of snot, maybe a little thicker

what the Christ

This has the exact cadence of a nightmare

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/5tbye5/a_catholic_high_school_student_in_my_town_was/

quote:

No the football team did the raping, but the coach knew and made the victim attend practice for 3 hours afterward. He was then rushed to Edmonton (2.5 hours away) for emergency surgery once he went to the local hospital (after practice) . The students responsable for raping the poor young man remained on the football team until AFTER playoffs because the coach is also the principal.

The coach was the principal. The kid who was sodomized was the son of the history teacher.

The poor kid was bullied a lot for having both of his parents be teachers in the catholic school system. He wasn't a big guy and like, 16(?) at the time.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 13, 2019

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It would honestly be super if we could eliminate all the petty tyrants bigots and abusers from schooling but that is going to be a hell of a work to do.

It just is astounding to me the level of bullying that is enabled and encouraged in schooling from faculty. There honestly needs to be bigger pushback but in the US especially it is so tied to the general culture wars and money that it cannot happen in the current political and economic climate.

It is so depressing how many school stories there are of teachers just wantonly bullying and abusing their students and loving them up for life and just... continuing to do it, year in and year out.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Antivehicular posted:

what the Christ

This has the exact cadence of a nightmare
yeah I uh

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

ruddiger posted:

Horrible stuff happened

Sounds similar to the stories my friends from Reading, PA tell us.