Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Amidst all this super league crap, Serie B announced a stop to all play after an outbreak of covid at Pescara. The whole league is stopping until May 1st, and the remaining four match days will be played in ten days. Playoffs will start on the 13th and playout on the 15th.

Empoli is 6 points up and will probably be promoted but the other auto promotion is up for grabs between Lecce, Salernitana and possibly Monza and Venezia. Cittadella would have to hope that Lecce lose all their remaining games and they win all of theirs.

Anyway Salernitana would be an interesting candidate because it would mean Lotito owning two teams in Serie A, which I’m sure wouldn’t be allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

The Kum N Go boys probably bought themselves a team going to Serie B.

lmao i forgot about that.

can't want for the guys behind pump 'n' munch to buy a club

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

League is calling a meeting today with all the teams to discuss the super league. No doubt begging the big three to stay while at the same time threatening to throw them out.

De Laurentiis/Preziosi/Ferrero meltdown please. But also gently caress Juve, Inter and Milan.

:(

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I'm seeing Atalanta, Hellas, and Cagliari being named as the teams that want to force the other three out.

Honestly, seeing this push to form a closed league spearheaded by US ownership has me feeling kinda sick about it. I don't think it's that unfair to say that you gotta pick a league but Series A without Juve, Inter or AC probably won't survive as they are now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously posted:

I'm seeing Atalanta, Hellas, and Cagliari being named as the teams that want to force the other three out.

Honestly, seeing this push to form a closed league spearheaded by US ownership has me feeling kinda sick about it. I don't think it's that unfair to say that you gotta pick a league but Series A without Juve, Inter or AC probably won't survive as they are now.

Oh yeah he league would be turbofucked without them. I doubt we’ll see any demands for the three super league sides to gently caress off from Napoli, Roma, Lazio, etc. Atalanta is surprising if thats true but surely it’s out of spite more than anything rational from them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

Oh yeah he league would be turbofucked without them. I doubt we’ll see any demands for the three super league sides to gently caress off from Napoli, Roma, Lazio, etc. Atalanta is surprising if thats true but surely it’s out of spite more than anything rational from them.

spite should 100% come before rationality for this

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Jose posted:

I'm legit surprised Napoli wasn't on that list but we still got time I guess. They would 100% be the team to try and cross a bridge they set on fire.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Well considering what Agnelli specifically said about Atalanta, yes it's spite and yes it's wholly justified.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

JohnCompany posted:

Well considering what Agnelli specifically said about Atalanta, yes it's spite and yes it's wholly justified.

:hai:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Robviously posted:

I'm legit surprised Napoli wasn't on that list but we still got time I guess. They would 100% be the team to try and cross a bridge they set on fire.

Roma Napoli Lazio are probably tryna hedge their bets so they can get into the Super League if that’s the way this all goes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

also, gently caress Agnelli

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

JohnCompany posted:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I think it's good they are doing it out of spite, but that's what it is.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

also, gently caress Agnelli

https://twitter.com/enricoI00/status/1384131815493959685

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I think the entire country is going ot be cheering for us to get absolutely wrecked by Sassuolo tonight and hell, I can't fault anyone for that.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I think the entire country is going ot be cheering for us to get absolutely wrecked by Sassuolo tonight and hell, I can't fault anyone for that.

I'm expecting Juve to lose to Parma and Agnelli to come onto the pitch to fire Pirlo immediately

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I'm expecting Juve to lose to Parma and Agnelli to come onto the pitch to fire Pirlo immediately

I honestly think the Elkann’s and company are going to demand he stays out of the public eye for a bit. He’s stupid enough not to but he really should.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I honestly think the Elkann’s and company are going to demand he stays out of the public eye for a bit. He’s stupid enough not to but he really should.

I think he should keep himself in the public eye because this year it's been really funny and will continue to be so the more rakes he steps on

hell, I think even our good lad Juventus fans here can agree there

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

They’ll be dancing in the streets of everywhere except the red side of milano tonight.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Apparently Agnelli did an interview where he still thinks the Super League will succeed so...uh.. whooboy

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously posted:

Apparently Agnelli did an interview where he still thinks the Super League will succeed so...uh.. whooboy

Well now they know what not to do anyway. They will try again for sure. Or, more likely, manipulate the real champions league to be more beneficial to big clubs than it already is.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I am all for Agnelli continuing to embarrass himself in public for as long as possible.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Simone Poodoin posted:

I am all for Agnelli continuing to embarrass himself in public for as long as possible.

sure would be a peach if he fell on his sword sometime soon

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Sandwolf posted:

sure would be a peach if he fell on his sword sometime soon

You think in that family he's trusted with a sword?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

JohnCompany posted:

You think in that family he's trusted with a sword?

lol but also:

Simone Poodoin posted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Fail rear end season for clowns imo

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://twitter.com/realDonAgnelli/status/1388870754809389059

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Fail rear end season for clowns imo

have you literally seen the last 9

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

GreatestLurker posted:

have you literally seen the last 9

Fail rear end decade for clowns

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Fail rear end league for clowns!!!! I’m looking in a mirror!!!!

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

j...juve merda?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Teeth posted:

j...juve merda?

https://youtu.be/odZeT8T88f8

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Doctor Teeth posted:

j...juve merda?

https://twitter.com/juvecanal2/status/1388903999961772035

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
wait there's more
https://twitter.com/RlCKCHARD/status/1388905833673773061

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Congrats GreatestLurker and also gently caress inter

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
this owns, good for Rom, he deserved this title
https://twitter.com/IFTVofficial/status/1388899792743550976

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I remember when a lot of people were laughing at the Lukaku signing but if you knew anything about Conte you knew he was gonna be ridiculously good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Poorly aged tweets

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Congrats GreatestLurker and also gently caress inter

Thanks

remember Juventus are doing an amazon documentary, and they chose this specific season to do it

remember and treasure it

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
This is a league run by perverts and morons. I don't even care Inter won it. I am not mad about it!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Oh hey Parma got relegated. I guess they came and went :dadjoke: