Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Yossarian-22 posted:

you will lose so much money with this attitude if you aren't careful but i enjoy the sincereposting lol

uhhh...yeah, literally gonna just give a shitload of money away because i actually don't loving want it

no i'm not joking :yaycat:

indigi posted:

post a step by step guide on how the gently caress to buy safemoon. does coinbase do anything? they’re advertising all over Duolingo rn

step one: get bitmart
step two: get bitcoin on your bitmart (i sent it to my bitmart address using coinbase)
step three: trade bitcoin for usdt
step four: trade usdt for safemoon
step five: ???
step six: profit!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

every single day i see people living in trash and poo poo on the sidewalk and in the street and i want to help :yaycat: i hate rich people so much

:yaycat: this much

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Yossarian-22 posted:

The easiest way to buy crypto by far if you haven't before, imo, is just to buy bitcoin on cashapp, transfer it to either binance/binance.us, convert to BNB (binance bucks), and then transfer over to metamask extension. Then you use pancake swap to swap your binance bucks for safemoon or whichever of the many shitcoins you desire on the binance smart chain. You do not need to verify personal info with binance UNLESS you want to buy anything with your credit card. As long as you are just exchanging one coin for another you can just provide an email address.

https://academy.binance.com/en/articles/how-to-get-started-with-binance-smart-chain-bsc

So basically worry about getting binance bucks onto your metamask account first (some people like trustwallet, idk) with either cashapp->binance (careful vpn use required)->metamask OR cashapp->binance.us->binance wallet extension->metamask and only worry about exchanging for safemoon after that. It's kind of a pain to get set up and sounds extremely complicated but once you have you're golden. Just set a spending limit for yourself and then commit to only use those funds if you wanna be financially responsible, and be conservative at first until you have a decent bag.

Make sure to follow the guide I posted because metamask defaults to the ERC-20 (ethereum) network, so it's a whole thing just transferring funds. QR codes make it a lot easier and faster thankfully

man, i don't know what the gently caress you just said, little kid, but you special, man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbYZZHGkDio

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i used the binance smart wallet google chrome extension to load my binance bucks into it and then bought safemoon on that pancake website

the whole process was so bizarre. the crypto world is a disaster

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Don't use Coinbase. Those guys aren't Porcellian material. Buy your shitcoins on Gemini and row the boat with some real winners.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Yossarian-22 posted:

you will lose so much money with this attitude if you aren't careful but i enjoy the sincereposting lol

Safemoon is a potentially good investment now in part because it isn't on exchanges as big as coinbase yet. By the time it gets taken that seriously, it will probably already be too late to make the biggest gains on it.

The easiest way to buy crypto by far if you haven't before, imo, is just to buy bitcoin on cashapp, transfer it to either binance/binance.us, convert to BNB (binance bucks), and then transfer over to metamask extension. Then you use pancake swap to swap your binance bucks for safemoon or whichever of the many shitcoins you desire on the binance smart chain. You do not need to verify personal info with binance UNLESS you want to buy anything with your credit card. As long as you are just exchanging one coin for another you can just provide an email address.

https://academy.binance.com/en/articles/how-to-get-started-with-binance-smart-chain-bsc

So basically worry about getting binance bucks onto your metamask account first (some people like trustwallet, idk) with either cashapp->binance (careful vpn use required)->metamask OR cashapp->binance.us->binance wallet extension->metamask and only worry about exchanging for safemoon after that. It's kind of a pain to get set up and sounds extremely complicated but once you have you're golden. Just set a spending limit for yourself and then commit to only use those funds if you wanna be financially responsible, and be conservative at first until you have a decent bag.

Make sure to follow the guide I posted because metamask defaults to the ERC-20 (ethereum) network, so it's a whole thing just transferring funds. QR codes make it a lot easier and faster thankfully

the gently caress is this

the gently caress is any of this

lmao were doomed

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Yossarian-22 posted:

Safemoon is a potentially good investment now

The easiest way to buy crypto by far if you haven't before, imo, is just to buy bitcoin on cashapp, transfer it to either binance/binance.us, convert to BNB (binance bucks), and then transfer over to metamask extension. Then you use pancake swap to swap your binance bucks for safemoon or whichever of the many shitcoins you desire on the binance smart chain.

Really cant tell who is trolling and who isnt

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
see, this is why i am endeavouring to understand as little as possible about crypto while also participating. it breaks your brain. it’s so deeply stupid that becoming aware of the nuances and intricacies of the system/tech causes you real physiological and psychological harm

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
There's a cool cookie clicker game app called Robinhood just click on the crypto tab and start at the bottom

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

how do i buy cumrocket cummies?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what the gently caress both these processes suck poo poo omg this sucks

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Yossarian-22 posted:

Safemoon is a potentially good investment now in part because it isn't on exchanges as big as coinbase yet. By the time it gets taken that seriously, it will probably already be too late to make the biggest gains on it.

lol do you have to do Know Your Customer stuff with any of these various places youre transferring money or is this completely fly by night poo poo?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I kind of don't want a coinbase account cause all their duolingo ads are 17 seconds and that's so loving long when you're trying to cram some vocab in before work

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for this whole thing to do Mt. Gox Redux

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Bushiz posted:

Can't wait for this whole thing to do Mt. Gox Redux

I don't think this is possible anymore just because of the (ironic) centralization of the crypto world at the time

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

cumshitter posted:

lol do you have to do Know Your Customer stuff with any of these various places youre transferring money or is this completely fly by night poo poo?

basically KYC is only if you actually buy poo poo. if you move things through the exchange (i.e. bitcoin you have already bought from cashapp or elsewhere) just to exchange one coin for the other you literally just need an email address and you can use a phone number if you want to do 2FA. just about every "legit" crypto is on binance (most importantly binance bucks, now the third most valued crypto behind only ETH and Bitcoin), whereas you need pancake swap/metamask to acquire the real garbage.

binance is in singapore and i've seen racists whine about losing their funds to "the chinese" when they fail to transfer their coins properly in or out. i've hosed up on a few occasions too but it's usually not their fault in my experience

real crypto heads recommend buying a usb cold wallet over exchanges for security's sake since exchanges have been hacked before, which might be worth it if you make enough that you can own a whole ethereum or bitcoin. but right now i'm willing to lose everything i've put in.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

oh yeah, the most fun part of using a vpn is that sometimes you forget to get on it beforehand, binance (not binance u.s.) recognizes you are on a u.s. ip, and then you can't use it for at least 24 hours and you need to delete cookies/cache :v:

i've developed something of a pain tolerance from doing this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
this poo poo is fuckin insane lmfao. hell yea. like stock trading but for morons and psychos. w00t

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

so sweet, I get 25 bucks into cash app, buy 20 bucks of bitcoin, which is .00003 btc and get set up to transfer it out. only, the problem is, you see, you have to transfer out .0001 at a time, roughly 57 dollars. I don’t want to spend 57 dollars on safe moon, I want to spend 20 dollars on safe moon.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

moron/ape hype is literally the biggest fundamental. you gotta peak into telegrams of the respective coins and get a sense of how much coke the people in it are doing and make sure the admin is somewhat accountable. they usually have a video by an influencer or something that causes a huge pump and then a major dump will happen after

ufc fighters are gonna wear 100xcoin paraphernalia on saturday. dogefather token has a times square billboard now and will likely pump/dump like crazy because of snl, and stupid elon related tokens like elongate will probably pump as well

there are literally no rules to this poo poo and it's fun owning millions or trillions of coins that are worth fractions upon fractions of a cent that will either make you thousands or be completely worthless in less than a week's time

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

meanolmrcloud posted:

so sweet, I get 25 bucks into cash app, buy 20 bucks of bitcoin, which is .00003 btc and get set up to transfer it out. only, the problem is, you see, you have to transfer out .0001 at a time, roughly 57 dollars. I don’t want to spend 57 dollars on safe moon, I want to spend 20 dollars on safe moon.

i recommend spending at least $100 because there are stupid fixed conversion/transfer fees rather than percentage fees. once your stupid coins multiply you'll be happy you did, although safemoon has a decent chance of dumping a decent amount after the insane pump yesterday. i'd say odds are it will break ath today or this weekend though

again don't listen to me for financial advice though i'm a brokebrained idiot who got lucky a few times. uranus explosion was a rugpull and the dev made off with the bag :(

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Without looking into it further, it looks like the individual behind Uranus ExplosionCoin is an industrious little fucker. A whole list of *Coins with 99% similarity. 96% similarity with a couple of known scams. E: or bugs, again not looking further into it.

https://tokensniffer.com/token/0x7229e84064c95951111a497f22a0c7e65283eb18

nomad2020 has issued a correction as of 22:36 on May 7, 2021

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1390735684688769031

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fZORkuOJo

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

punished milkman posted:

see, this is why i am endeavouring to understand as little as possible about crypto while also participating. it breaks your brain. it’s so deeply stupid that becoming aware of the nuances and intricacies of the system/tech causes you real physiological and psychological harm

this is the smartest way to do this (other than not touching it)

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

nomad2020 posted:

Without looking into it further, it looks like the individual behind Uranus ExplosionCoin is an industrious little fucker. A whole list of *Coins with 99% similarity. 96% similarity with a couple of known scams. E: or bugs, again not looking further into it.

https://tokensniffer.com/token/0x7229e84064c95951111a497f22a0c7e65283eb18

Tokensniffer is basically useless. Those aren't other coins by the same person but rather coins with similar tokenomics that have been flagged as scams. There are plenty of coins that "pass the sniff test" but which end up being rugpulls because the devs just end up copying the same formula from successful shitcoins. There are smarter people than me who know how to do real due diligence with sniffing out the scammiest of the scams but ultimately, forget it Jake, it's shitcoins

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

cool av posted:

Yeah this, and also selling everything the first time you are like "no way this can't be happening" with an investment and becoming more of an irresponsible degenerate after you have enough that you can afford to be one

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 23:44 on May 7, 2021

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Placeholder post because I accidentally triple posted on the toilet

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I just like watching the colours on https://cryptobubbles.net/ . It is good for babbys smooth brain

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
isn't the obvious takeaway here that you should be the one doing the rugpull

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

Tokensniffer is basically useless. Those aren't other coins by the same person but rather coins with similar tokenomics that have been flagged as scams. There are plenty of coins that "pass the sniff test" but which end up being rugpulls because the devs just end up copying the same formula from successful shitcoins. There are smarter people than me who know how to do real due diligence with sniffing out the scammiest of the scams but ultimately, forget it Jake, it's shitcoins

I understand that I could copy the code and run with that as well, I just don't understand what drives you to give me your money in this scenario. It's the white van scam of pump and dumps.

cool av posted:

I refuse to cash out my BNB because it's hilarious that my bitcoin Chuck-E-Cheese tokens turned out to be a better investment than whatever else I've done with money.

nomad2020 has issued a correction as of 01:42 on May 8, 2021

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Yossarian-22 posted:

basically KYC is only if you actually buy poo poo.

thats not accurate. if youre registering an account with a service/brokerage/bank or whatever you want to call it that helps you exchange cash for stocks (which the IRS considers crypto to be, for tax purposes) then you need to have your identity verified to open it. regardless of whether you actually end up placing trades

assuming you want to be square with the IRS, if a company isnt demanding that information from you then it's on you to track it. exchanging cash to bitcoin, bitcoin to altcoin, and altcoin to altcoin are all tax events that require tracking. it is no different from exchanging cash for stock and then shares of stock for other stocks.

even if you have no plans to report it its probably a good idea to keep your own (secure, hidden) records in case of a future audit. also just so you have data on your own transactions

cumshitter has issued a correction as of 10:48 on May 8, 2021

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

cumshitter posted:

thats not accurate. if youre registering an account with a service/brokerage/bank or whatever you want to call it that helps you exchange cash for stocks (which the IRS considers crypto to be, for tax purposes) then you need to have your identity verified to open it. regardless of whether you actually end up placing trades

assuming you want to be square with the IRS, if a company isnt demanding that information from you then it's on you to track it. exchanging cash to bitcoin, bitcoin to altcoin, and altcoin to altcoin are all taxable events. it is no different from exchanging cash for stock and then shares of stock for other stocks.

even if you have no plans to report it its probably a good idea to keep your own (secure, hidden) records in case of a future audit. also just so you have data on your own transactions

i'm aware that none of what i'm doing is anonymous but by no kyc i mean they literally didn't have me verify my identity in any way aside from giving my email/number. the tax issue will definitely be daunting down the line if it comes up so i'll have to plan ahead. i imagine once i check that box confirming that, yes i did buy crypto in the past year, the floodgates are basically all open yeah? i've heard that it's less of an issue if you just don't sell anything but idk if that's bullshit or not, and i definitely wouldn't want to be caught lying to the irs, so it's definitely an issue that concerns me

soon we'll have tiktok tax accountant influencers who only get paid in crypto

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 10:58 on May 8, 2021

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Yossarian-22 posted:

i'm aware that none of what i'm doing is anonymous but by no kyc i mean they literally didn't have me verify my identity in any way aside from giving my email/number. the tax issue will definitely be daunting down the line if it comes up so i'll have to plan ahead. i imagine once i check that box confirming that, yes i did buy crypto in the past year, the floodgates are basically all open yeah?

yeah so if theyre not verifying your identity dont expect them to keep accurate records of your trades. i dont know what the IRS thinks of it if you check the crypto box but my barely educated guess would be that unless they have proof that youre living beyond your reported means (from employers, banks, brokerages, etc. who all file tax forms with them) theyre not going to care

quote:

i've heard that it's less of an issue if you just don't sell anything but idk if that's bullshit or not, and i definitely wouldn't want to be caught lying to the irs, so it's definitely an issue that concerns me

if you never sell anything you never realize gains or losses, which are the tax terms the IRS applies to the selling of stocks. the IRS doesnt care when you use post-tax dollars to buy a stock the same way they dont care if you buy a bottle of shampoo. but if you buy a stock or a bottle of shampoo and sell it at a significant markup then thats a taxable event. if there is no sale there is no gain to tax on your investment.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

something called shib is poppin off right now

i don't have any money at the moment to put in on it, but if you want to "get in while the getting's good" then uhh...it's up a lot from yesterday

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

love too advise people to buy at ATH

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

It's obviously rocketing on the back of this doge BS happening tonight. It'll be back down tomorrow

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Alobar posted:

something called shib is poppin off right now

i don't have any money at the moment to put in on it, but if you want to "get in while the getting's good" then uhh...it's up a lot from yesterday

shib and hoge are on the eth network which has insane gas prices, but they're both doing really well atm yeah

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

SNL to be streamed globally. DOGE!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

betting markets have elon mentioning dogecoin tonight at around 80% chance. on polymarket, someone made a new account and instantly dropped $20,000 on yes about a half-hour ago. who could have done that, we will never know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
argh! cashapp let me buy BTC but i cant transfer it for a whole day! i want my funnymunny NOW