Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Doctor Malaver posted:

Is there any support for rival clubs when they play internationally? Like, would a typical Milan fan cheer for Inter when they play Liverpool, or against, or just not care?

It depends on who you ask. I rarely want Inter to win anything unless they are playing a really terrible team like PSG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Hard to ever pull for Inter or Juve abroad, but I want the co-efficient points. I am definitely always in for the Napoli’s and Atalanta’s though.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
We'll see if Atalanta remains everyone's favorite now that Americans bought it and started talking about brand value.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Given how well they have been run the past 5 years+ they have nowhere to go but straight in to villainy.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

How are the fans reacting to this? Hoping they bring out the tank.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

it's too bad danny ainge isn't with the celtics anymore, the amount of "almost had 'em" stories would've rivaled wenger

i do wonder how long gasperini will stick around though. hopefully the new owners will invest a bit

anyway, the top of the table seems to be wobbling. i'd say they're trying to hand the title to juve but juve are also wobbling, so :shrug:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That Inter - Sassuolo match owned. Sassuolo were better but they definitely didn't dominate. Gotta wonder what's going on with Lautaro, a few months ago he would've buried a bunch of the chances he got today. Simple ones even.

Consigli man of the match though.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE_64SdD27w

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Napolol

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
None of the top six winning this round is a hell of a stat

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
wtf, Juve. Stop being bad. Agnellis please just go full (fuller) villain and inject a billion dollars into the midfield.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
I am a little mollified. But not as mollified as I would be if Atalanta didn’t have two games in hand and everyone else weren’t 5+ points up+a game in hand.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

:rip: venezia

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
i tuned in for the final minutes of lazio - napoli and saw two of the most insane goals of the season lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

nawilo_420 posted:

i tuned in for the final minutes of lazio - napoli and saw two of the most insane goals of the season lmao

The Pedro one was sick. Being able to hit a volley with enough power to push it through Ospina’s hand was really something.

Fabian Ruiz’s was good too, but more so for the timing.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
big big match, come on the rossoneri

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

We all love a twix.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
phwoaaar, never in doubt

enjoyed napoli melting down for the entire second half

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

napolol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Really don't like that Balotelli wasn't taken and Joao Pedro was but with Mancini in charge it was kind of expected:

https://twitter.com/Azzurri/status/1504838493717110785

Luiz Felipe also a bit of a surprise there. The rest all makes sense. Purely on form it's nice to see Florenzi get in vs Calabria. Shame that Spinazzola couldnt' recover in time, though it would've been an absolute rush job if he did. Not unlike a certain Francesco Totti in 2006...

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Is that four naturalized brazilians on the squad?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Is that four naturalized brazilians on the squad?

Yup. I wonder what the record of oriundi in the squad is since 2000 or something. I know it was very high in the very early days.

e: I just noticed that Luiz Felipe effectively took the place of Rafael Toloi, which is mildly interesting.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 18, 2022

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Toloi got taken off on a medical cart yesterday after blowing out his hamstring

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I somehow missed Pedro and Felipe becoming Italian

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I somehow missed Pedro and Felipe becoming Italian

This is the first callup for both of them I think.

trem_two posted:

Toloi got taken off on a medical cart yesterday after blowing out his hamstring

oh poo poo, I had no idea

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Gollini is one of the worst keepers I've ever seen, how does he get anywhere near the squad

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Gollini is one of the worst keepers I've ever seen, how does he get anywhere near the squad

He was very good at Atalanta. I don’t know what happened to him at Spurs.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sirigu down to #4 in the pecking order, brutal

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lmao Imagine

the video is out of sync with the audio on paramount+ which makes it funnier

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Doctor Teeth posted:

lmao Imagine

the video is out of sync with the audio on paramount+ which makes it funnier

It's fairly infuriating, every time they have their crew on site at the stadium their audio is out of sync with the video feed

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

What's the feeling in Italy this time about the failed campaign? I imagine its not good but much less bad than last time since the Euros basically just happened.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
de ligt has been in italy for too long lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

What's the feeling in Italy this time about the failed campaign? I imagine its not good but much less bad than last time since the Euros basically just happened.

This is exactly it. It’s poo poo, yeah, but being the European champions is still pretty fresh and if there ever was a World Cup to miss it would be this one. It’ll be depressing in November again I’m sure.

Still blows a lot but nobody is out putting a hit on Mancini like they were with Ventura.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Also can we talk about how Juventus were the victims of terrible refereeing today in their own stadium? End times are upon us.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Also can we talk about how Juventus were the victims of terrible refereeing today in their own stadium? End times are upon us.

The penalty was a bit soft but legal.
Disallowing the goal was bullshit IMO but that was in Juventus' favour.
Yellow card for Skriniar was also strange. Looked like only Cuadrado had deserved it but the ref was set on giving an Inter player one too, just for balance.
Repeating the penalty was also strange, players getting into the box early is usually tolerated.

So yeah bad refereeing but I'm not sure Juve were any more victims than Inter.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Malaver posted:

The penalty was a bit soft but legal.
Disallowing the goal was bullshit IMO but that was in Juventus' favour.
Yellow card for Skriniar was also strange. Looked like only Cuadrado had deserved it but the ref was set on giving an Inter player one too, just for balance.
Repeating the penalty was also strange, players getting into the box early is usually tolerated.

So yeah bad refereeing but I'm not sure Juve were any more victims than Inter.

The penalty was absolutely there, won’t argue with that. The whole circus around the disallowed goal and the resulting penalty do over is what gets me though. If you’re going to disallow the goal then why rewind to before the penalty and be able to VAR two goals in the same action? Just disallow it from VAR, then play on. The application of VAR seemed inconsistent with everything I’ve read about it being applied at this. I don’t get how no official blew for de ligt encroaching on the keeper before the disallowed goal.

Lautaro should have been off for kicking locatelli in the face. We’ve seen people being sent off for kicking someone in the chest, this was even higher. Add to that, he could’ve easily gotten another yellow more than once.

I think the card on Skriniar was more for accumulated fouls.

I dunno, I don’t want to defend Juventus but I think there was a lot to complain about and Inter, goal or otherwise, were lucky to be playing with 11 men or even 10.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 4, 2022

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

To be frank, I could watch live only for a while, and the rest I watched as extended highlights. I guess the editor didn't include Lautaro's kick and other stuff you mention.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
My two cents (again as a juve fan so.... fwiw) is that the refereeing was universally terrible and juve got the worst of it Like, it was just oddly and randomly not good and then juve happened to get more of the not-good. But I'm not going to complain about refereeing. Juve has had more than its fair share of good calls over the years. Tough loss but makes the end of the title race awfully exciting.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Napoli dropping points and Inter still technically behind means you can bet your house on Torino to win today.

E: Guess this counts as a push. Bremer is a loving wall.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Wtf is this Juventus shirt