Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

indigi posted:

and he's not even the best TE in chiefs history. Incredible work

He's the best TE in Chiefs history. The only reason his name isn't on every record yet is Tony Gonzalez played for a long loving time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The refs in the Eagles game whiffed on the Smith "catch," Purdy fumble, and the punt wire in about a 10 minute span

Was the punt wire a wiff? I thought the issue was everyone saw it but needed camera confirmation, and none of the video angles caught the deflection itself

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

indigi posted:

and he's not even the best TE in chiefs history. Incredible work

I liked whatever (TNF ?) game it was that had Kelce do a thang. Then in the post game panel they point blanked Antonio Gonzales who was the best TE in KC franchise history and Gonz refused to answer lol. He said stuff like “would have been nice to have seen what I could have done with Mahomes throwing to me”

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The refs did nothing wrong.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fortaleza posted:

The refs did nothing wrong.
Ok Carl.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Was the punt wire a wiff? I thought the issue was everyone saw it but needed camera confirmation, and none of the video angles caught the deflection itself

And in real time the Purdy fumble looked like an incomplete pass that was affected by the hit; if Purdy's arm hadn't hit the ball straight up it would have probably been correctly ruled as a fumble

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I liked whatever (TNF ?) game it was that had Kelce do a thang. Then in the post game panel they point blanked Antonio Gonzales who was the best TE in KC franchise history and Gonz refused to answer lol. He said stuff like “would have been nice to have seen what I could have done with Mahomes throwing to me”

I for one would of like to see Prime Gonzalez with A HoF Prime HoF QB throwing to him.

I imagine it would be like Brady throwing to Moss.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The Chiefs game generated as much salt as drat near any sporting event I've seen. It's bad enough that even r/nfl, who hate the Chiefs for the same reasons as people here, have largely turned on the Bengals fans.

I get it though. The reffing wasn't great but the badness of it looks way overblown.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've seen every catch from Tony G in a Chiefs uniform and he can't hold a candle to Kelce.

Kelce also spent his first year injured.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The refs in the Eagles game whiffed on the Smith "catch," Purdy fumble, and the punt wire in about a 10 minute span

I don't think this is right. Purdy did fumble and the wire seemed like a makeup call for the Smith catch so I don't think that was incompetence. they did whiff on Eagles holding throughout the second quarter though

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It's probably worse for Bengals fans because they got really hard done by flags in the Super Bowl as well, particularly on the Rams' winning drive, so to have that happen specifically to your team 2 years in a row would probably generate a fair bit of salt.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Manoueverable posted:

It's probably worse for Bengals fans because they got really hard done by flags in the Super Bowl as well, particularly on the Rams' winning drive, so to have that happen specifically to your team 2 years in a row would probably generate a fair bit of salt.

I agree that this is a lot like last year in that the Bengals lost because of their defense committing penalties and their offense doing nothing over the course of a bunch of drives at the end of the game.

This one didn't have the irony of that insanely blatant missed facemask, though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A lot of us are arguing with twitter idiots not people on this forum who are the most educated and reasonable on planet earth.

Imagine tackling Mahomes out of bounds, getting a flag and then fans screaming they should have "let it go". lol what sport are you watching these are QBs they are protected and this isn't new information.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

indigi posted:

I don't think this is right. Purdy did fumble and the wire seemed like a makeup call for the Smith catch so I don't think that was incompetence. they did whiff on Eagles holding throughout the second quarter though

The refs called the Purdy play incomplete and the Eagles had to challenge it

So they did get it right ... eventually

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

MJeff posted:

It's not a strawman, people were extremely malding about it in the GDT about how Mahomes embellished, how the refs should have let it go, etc.

Fair enough, and that was more aggro than I intended to come off. I wasn't in the GDT, so the times I've seen it brought up in the aftermath threads have seemed to be arguing with no one. Like Kiimo brought up, some of it can just be irritation at the coverage and Twitter response, too.

The upside of it all is it gave us this post, which is a TFF all-timer imo:

SpitztheGreat posted:

Here's my feeling on the refs at the end of the game. Was the hit out of bounds technically correct? Sure. Was it egregious? No. Does Mahomes get those calls? All the time. Would they have called that if it had been Josh Johnson? No way. You just knew, and I have no horse in this race, that KC was going to win that game because the refs were going to involve themselves in some way if they had even the slightest excuse. And they were given the easy excuse of all- a hit on Mahomes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/1620175424646160386

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
ugh that loving Jets game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The jags almost did it 10 years apart exactly

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And weirdly changed their abbreviation from a C to an X in the process

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

a neat cape posted:

ugh that loving Jets game
This but that Bills/Jags crime against humanity.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Manoueverable posted:

It's probably worse for Bengals fans because they got really hard done by flags in the Super Bowl as well
idk they got gifted a 75 yard TD on a missed OPI that was pretty obvious

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ah, the postseason of Bort. Memories.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MJeff posted:

Ah, the postseason of Bort. Memories.
I really will never understand how he went from that game to out dueling Big Ben in Pittsburgh for a second time that year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
loving hell that sucks rear end

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1620181317978832899

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

drat, Shanny really should have just gone with CMC in the wildcat.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh for God's sake

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jesus. That's kind of incredible that he even came back in to do handoffs and screens and kind of mortifying that he was allowed to.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
And he did two more throws I believe

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
And he still went out and tossed the ball a time or two, god drat

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I feel bad for these guys like Purdy and Pollard who are like an hour away from a healthy offseason (or, in Purdy's case, maybe going to the Super Bowl) before suffering a brutal injury. Survive the whole grind of the season then get hosed right at the very end. Part of the game but it must be really mentally devastating.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Docjowles posted:

I feel bad for these guys like Purdy and Pollard who are like an hour away from a healthy offseason (or, in Purdy's case, maybe going to the Super Bowl) before suffering a brutal injury. Survive the whole grind of the season then get hosed right at the very end. Part of the game but it must be really mentally devastating.
Especially Pollard who is at a disposable position and about to head into Free Agency. And he's on a team that is projected to be over the cap in 2023 that has a bunch of players about to hit FA (notably Schultz after playing on the tag, I believe).

Maybe Moore will be able to put in a word for him with the Chargers so he at least has a job with a coordinator that he is familiar with.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Yeah Pollard especially was about to get paid.

The story around him went from "Well Zeke is there so clearly he is the No. 2." to "Why not just give Pollard every carry?"

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
What's the timeline for recovery like on something like that? Any work he might have done in the offseason is probably shot, but can he realistically return for training camp? Either way, lovely break for the guy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Black Lighter posted:

What's the timeline for recovery like on something like that? Any work he might have done in the offseason is probably shot, but can he realistically return for training camp? Either way, lovely break for the guy.

1 to 2 years

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

poo poo. Poor guy :smith:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
A Shanahan sending out an injured QB to get destroyed? I've seen this movie before

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Yeah, should've sent out the uninjured one

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

For Purdy or Pollard??

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

For Purdy or Pollard??

Everything I've seen on Pollard is that he should be pretty much fine by the start of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There should be a federal investigation int the niners, that many QBs should not be dying like that