Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Voodoo’s Brown Sugar and Hummus Carrots

I will suggest that you skip the brown sugar next time for this recipe, but otherwise IA was on to something there.

Points me up Grandi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man that brown sugar is much worse on the second bite

I’m not going to waste food but I did not think the sugar would clash so badly with hummus it’s awful

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Doubling the initial amount of butter and brown sugar will have turned out to be a very poor idea.

I also added way too much water so the carrots wound up cooking quite a bit longer than they should've, and probably wound up like, frying near the end?

Oh yeah this recipe said add some spices.

Basically candy-coated, which is not what I'm usually going for the mystery guest recipe submitter was probably going for.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I feel like if you added some oyster sauce or ketchup that could be hella good. I've seen lots of savory dishes that use brown sugar to balance flavor

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Cube is that the worlds smallest pan? How do you have that much sugar?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

Cube is that the worlds smallest pan? How do you have that much sugar?

It looks like a top-down view of a sauce pot

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Tea Party Crasher posted:

It looks like a top-down view of a sauce pot

Yeah I couldn’t edit the post to pot but that doesn’t answer why there appear to be two bricks of sugar in that pot

Even doubling the 40g to 80g that would be like a tall shot glass of sugar not a brick

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
So what I'm hearing is, halve the sugar on this one? Maybe quarter it to be safe?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Voodoofly posted:

Yeah I couldn’t edit the post to pot but that doesn’t answer why there appear to be two bricks of sugar in that pot

Even doubling the 40g to 80g that would be like a tall shot glass of sugar not a brick

Well my brown sugar was clumped because I don't use it very often so I just went with "a bunch" rather than measuring, and then doubled that amount. Also I only use one pound of carrots.

Upon reviewing the measurements in the actual recipe, "I hosed up" seems to cover it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

Well my brown sugar was clumped because I don't use it very often so I just went with "a bunch" rather than measuring, and then doubled that amount. Also I only use one pound of carrots.

Upon reviewing the measurements in the actual recipe, "I hosed up" seems to cover it.

Happy accidents

Sugary, happy accidents in your case.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I bet it still tasted better than that brown sugar hummus I mixed together. Oh man that was gross.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

CubicalSucrose posted:

...##vote Cube

For your own safety and wellbeing you need to be removed from this Cookfia.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

I feel like if you added some oyster sauce or ketchup that could be hella good. I've seen lots of savory dishes that use brown sugar to balance flavor

The sauce I make for Korean fried chicken (similar to the sauce on the pizza earlier) basically consists of gochujang, soy sauce, mirin, ketchup, brown sugar (and optionally a hit of invert syrup). Measurements? We don't do that here. Use your best judgment. The thing about carrots though is they're rather sweet to begin with so if there ever was a dish that didn't need doubling the amount of added sugar, it's this one!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

wins32767 posted:

So when are we going to try scum hunting?

Personally, I feel that the pile up on TMor must've had scum on it, after that discussion about how scum was likely cooking, and also that I pointed out that TMor cooked in Cookfia 8 but was scum there. 🤷

##vote Maerlyn

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

WindwardAway posted:

Personally, I feel that the pile up on TMor must've had scum on it, after that discussion about how scum was likely cooking, and also that I pointed out that TMor cooked in Cookfia 8 but was scum there. 🤷

##vote Maerlyn

I was asleep when most of the TMor stuff happened, but looking back at it now it seems like a lot of it kind of just happened to get any elimination out at all. I mean it's statistically likely for a D1 vote to have scum on it anyway, but I guess I'm wondering why specifically Maerlyn rather than anyone else on the wagon. There are a lot of lazier posts on there that could be scum just being happy someone else brought up a case for them to glom onto without needing to justify their own votes.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Undoubtedly there are scum on the vote but they didn't have to work that hard, I think myself and TPC were the only ones that actually gave a reason for voting TM, the others were just +1s to get to a flip.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

wins32767 posted:

cookfia is like day 1 spread out over multiple days. We don't start scumhunting until day 4 at least.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I was asleep when most of the TMor stuff happened, but looking back at it now it seems like a lot of it kind of just happened to get any elimination out at all. I mean it's statistically likely for a D1 vote to have scum on it anyway, but I guess I'm wondering why specifically Maerlyn rather than anyone else on the wagon. There are a lot of lazier posts on there that could be scum just being happy someone else brought up a case for them to glom onto without needing to justify their own votes.

Gonna be honest here, the only people who voted TMor whose reasons I saw were Maer and TPC, and I decided TPC did it in a way I didn't think scum would hop on so I voted Maer.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Maerlyn posted:

Undoubtedly there are scum on the vote but they didn't have to work that hard, I think myself and TPC were the only ones that actually gave a reason for voting TM, the others were just +1s to get to a flip.

Yeah, and just voting to get a flip doesn't give me much info about the voters. 🤷 It was also D1 and I have no doubt town was also just voting to get a flip. If anything, I thought scum would more likely overjustify their vote, which is why I only looked at you and TPC when I was deciding my vote for today. And that's still subject to change, depending on how the day goes.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

Yeah, and just voting to get a flip doesn't give me much info about the voters. 🤷 It was also D1 and I have no doubt town was also just voting to get a flip. If anything, I thought scum would more likely overjustify their vote, which is why I only looked at you and TPC when I was deciding my vote for today. And that's still subject to change, depending on how the day goes.

I meant this as a way of saying, I'm not dead set on my Maerlyn vote, but it's my starting point for today because it's the only hunch I had to go off. Most of the discussion was about cooking, which is great and fun because this is cookfia! 🍲 But doesn't generate much discussion for hunting scum (yet).

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Gotta wait for someone to make a crazy investigative spice blend.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

I'm itching to make some wacky spice blends this time, I think I was pretty tame in my combinations last time

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i'm still willing to go for illu tbqh

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
also idk whether mornay sauce counts as soup (it doesn't) but i made mac and cheese this morning and the proof is coming soon. after it gets out of the oven.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

doesn't one of the previous games have a good recipe for baked mac and cheese? I've never had it before, I always make mac and cheese in a sauce pot with evaporated milk. Peak creaminess

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

Why?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

he overreacted to a joke vote yesterday and nothing else is pinging me

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

saladscooper posted:

he overreacted to a joke vote yesterday and nothing else is pinging me

I'm feeling like the challenge of Cookfia Is that cooking increases noise and reduces signal. last night we voted out One of the few people doing game talk, so idk if we should do that again.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Like at least illu had some sort of readable purpose for voting the way they did. Meanwhile wins came into the thread before anyone else and dropped this white noise:

wins32767 posted:

Then just stops posting. Like why talk about scum hunting as if everyone else is dropping the ball and then not do any yourself

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

proof

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Then just stops posting. Like why talk about scum hunting as if everyone else is dropping the ball and then not do any yourself

Unlike most people who play mafia, I don't spend all day and night on it. I just got out of a meeting early, and I'll be here for the next 19 minutes until my next one. Right now I'm adding things to the grocery list so I can cook something more meaningful today.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

wins32767 posted:

Unlike most people who play mafia, I don't spend all day and night on it. I just got out of a meeting early, and I'll be here for the next 19 minutes until my next one. Right now I'm adding things to the grocery list so I can cook something more meaningful today.

Your ears must have been burning something fierce then for you to have responded within 6 minutes of somebody posting about you lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

wins32767 posted:

So when are you going to try scumhunting?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

saladscooper posted:

I am too but it could partially be OMGUS

I felt like he leapt on me for a spurious reason

Opopanax posted:

So when are you going to try scumhunting?

Pot meet kettle?

Although I think that could just go around in circles

I'm kinda iffy on merk and Voodoo but I don't have anything resembling a case, just kinda gut feeling

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m gonna go to the grocery store today after work to cook as well

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I'm interested in the middle of the pack Tmor voters I think

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

I am too but it could partially be OMGUS

I felt like he leapt on me for a spurious reason

Pot meet kettle?

Although I think that could just go around in circles

I'm kinda iffy on merk and Voodoo but I don't have anything resembling a case, just kinda gut feeling

Well no Mexican soup recipe for you! I’ll post it for salad at some point but now you aren’t allowed to read it

I’m also waiting for illu to post I still didn’t like their call out of you

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Illusionis posted:

I'm interested in the middle of the pack Tmor voters I think

Still think maers push was scummy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Voodoofly posted: