Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

I've never gone Legion. I finally looked up its quests and Legion has like half the quests than the NCR. it seems really boring

In the only playthrough I've ever done I did Legion because I'm a sociopath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only one I finished was I killed everyone in the Legion and I was kind of disappointed it didn't do much.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Safety first, man. Wouldn't want to cut your hands or arms reaching over that glass.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
gamebryo can barely handle static geometry, i can't imagine it trying to do deformable terrain

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Brotherhood of Steel was one of my favourite parts of Fallout 3. Heroic men and women fighting evil, helping people and wearing awesome armour whilst doing it. I knew the Brotherhood would not really feature in New Vegas but I was hopeful they'd at least make a small appearance.

Playing through New Vegas I saw the Brotherhood get mentioned a few times, in loading screen tips, Helion One etc. Somthing was wrong though. It seems the Brotherhood had gone to war with the NCR and lost. I could not understand it. The NCR were good guys, the Brotherhood were good guys, why would they fight each other and if they did fight how on earth did the Brotherhood lose?

I kept on playing the game, waiting for the Brotherhood to show its self with a perfectly acceptable reason as to why they fought the NCR and why they lost. Maybe it had been a simple misunderstanding? Maybe the Brotherhood had been betrayed by someone who leaked vital military infomation to the NCR and that's why the Brotherhood lost? It was around the time I was thinking this when I bumped into Veronica. I was very happy to see her. She would set things right in the game, she would lead me to the Brotherhood, lead me to some awesome power armour and help me fix the misunderstanding the Brotherhood must have had with the NCR. I questioned her deeply and what I found was horrendous. The Brotherhood she described was not the Brotherhood of Fallout 3, it was not a faction of men and women doing what was right and helping restore the world. Rather it sounded like a faction of misguided fanatics. I kept Veronica with me and continued playing through the game.

After many, many hours of gameplay she finaly said she would take me to the Brotherhood. Ecstatic I rushed to the point indicated on my map. What I found when I got there was terrible. The Brotherhood was just as Veronica had said. These men weren't the heroic good guys they were a bunch of hate filled, misguided, weak fanatics. What's even worse was they no longer had cool power armour. They did have power armour but visually it was but a shadow of the glory of Fallout 3s power armour. But maybe, I hoped, things could be fixed.

Veronica wanted to help save the Brotherhood and I could help her do it, help her restor the Brotherhood to its Fallout 3 glory. And so I quested with her to find the technology that would fix everything. I collected the Pulsegun from Vault 22 and eagerly travelled back to the Elder. But alas he would not accept it. Veroinca and I were both greatly dismayed and left the bunker. I still have a quest from the Brotherhood to help the Elder with some tasks that I'm going to complete but I'm not hopeful. If Veronicas quest could not bring the Brotherhood back to glory how could this one?

All this leaves me wondering why? Why did Obsidian Entertainment have to destroy the Brotherhood of Steel? Is it because they were jealous of what Bethesda had created? They could have at least kept the power armour the same.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

The Brotherhood of Steel was one of my favourite parts of Fallout 3. Heroic men and women fighting evil, helping people and wearing awesome armour whilst doing it. I knew the Brotherhood would not really feature in New Vegas but I was hopeful they'd at least make a small appearance.

Playing through New Vegas I saw the Brotherhood get mentioned a few times, in loading screen tips, Helion One etc. Somthing was wrong though. It seems the Brotherhood had gone to war with the NCR and lost. I could not understand it. The NCR were good guys, the Brotherhood were good guys, why would they fight each other and if they did fight how on earth did the Brotherhood lose?

I kept on playing the game, waiting for the Brotherhood to show its self with a perfectly acceptable reason as to why they fought the NCR and why they lost. Maybe it had been a simple misunderstanding? Maybe the Brotherhood had been betrayed by someone who leaked vital military infomation to the NCR and that's why the Brotherhood lost? It was around the time I was thinking this when I bumped into Veronica. I was very happy to see her. She would set things right in the game, she would lead me to the Brotherhood, lead me to some awesome power armour and help me fix the misunderstanding the Brotherhood must have had with the NCR. I questioned her deeply and what I found was horrendous. The Brotherhood she described was not the Brotherhood of Fallout 3, it was not a faction of men and women doing what was right and helping restore the world. Rather it sounded like a faction of misguided fanatics. I kept Veronica with me and continued playing through the game.

After many, many hours of gameplay she finaly said she would take me to the Brotherhood. Ecstatic I rushed to the point indicated on my map. What I found when I got there was terrible. The Brotherhood was just as Veronica had said. These men weren't the heroic good guys they were a bunch of hate filled, misguided, weak fanatics. What's even worse was they no longer had cool power armour. They did have power armour but visually it was but a shadow of the glory of Fallout 3s power armour. But maybe, I hoped, things could be fixed.

Veronica wanted to help save the Brotherhood and I could help her do it, help her restor the Brotherhood to its Fallout 3 glory. And so I quested with her to find the technology that would fix everything. I collected the Pulsegun from Vault 22 and eagerly travelled back to the Elder. But alas he would not accept it. Veroinca and I were both greatly dismayed and left the bunker. I still have a quest from the Brotherhood to help the Elder with some tasks that I'm going to complete but I'm not hopeful. If Veronicas quest could not bring the Brotherhood back to glory how could this one?

All this leaves me wondering why? Why did Obsidian Entertainment have to destroy the Brotherhood of Steel? Is it because they were jealous of what Bethesda had created? They could have at least kept the power armour the same.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Fallout 3's art director was pretty great and I liked his armor redesigns actually. It's sad that he died.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Blackheart posted:

Fallout 3's art director was pretty great and I liked his armor redesigns actually. It's sad that he died.

He was pretty good, and I loved his robot designs. Felt the armor was a little too clunky looking in Fallout 3, though. I think the Fallout 4 version looks pretty cool, though. Nice and bulky, without the big WoW pauldrons the previous one had.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodd6C5ryUU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

F

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

I've never gone Legion. I finally looked up its quests and Legion has like half the quests than the NCR. it seems really boring

Its worth it for the alternate president Kimball quest.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

He was pretty good, and I loved his robot designs. Felt the armor was a little too clunky looking in Fallout 3, though. I think the Fallout 4 version looks pretty cool, though. Nice and bulky, without the big WoW pauldrons the previous one had.

His art for the armor was way better than the final models ended up being, especially js concepts fore for the tesla armor.

his art was all cool slick washes and I love washes.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Its worth it for the alternate president Kimball quest.

I assassinated him and everyone in the crowd with the orbital laser.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

to

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Both designs are rear end...

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
He did good things but the Enclave power armor was not one of them.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

marcus fenix gears of war

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Both designs are rear end...

Yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the post apocalyptic wasteland everybody lives in rags and eats irradiated grain but for some reason there's guys in mini Gundam suits.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

In the post apocalyptic wasteland everybody lives in rags and eats irradiated grain but for some reason there's guys in mini Gundam suits.

I think the artist tried to make a 50's space suit thing like the first power armor but hosed up and made a Mazinger Z villain.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

FactsAreUseless posted:

I want Fallout to play like Serious Sam. This is not a joke or irony. I want to fight hordes of super mutants and bandit raiders, not just one or two at a time, and I want it to have a cartoony action style that better fits the dark humor 50s apocalypse Fallout wants.

try brotherhood of steel its a pretty "Chill" game if u like that style of 2000s action game

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The FO3 Enclave armor is cool.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

See those mountains in the background? You can suck them off.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's cool..... It's cool!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

My favorite part that's not as pronounced in the final model is the flat duckbill feet bits on flaps

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I het they'd go clomp clomp clomp real loud and people would wonder why a dinosaur was stomping around the wasteland

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I've got mountains at home that need climbing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

See those mountains in the background? You want to go to there. -Liz Lemon, 30 Rock

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmm, i just remembered that the final section of FO4 is a heavily scripted scene where a giant robot fights all of your enemies for you

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

hmm, i just remembered that the final section of FO4 is a heavily scripted scene where a giant robot fights all of your enemies for you

The Dlc made it better because you can blow up the brotherhood with a big space laser instead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

The final section of NV isn't much better, I just remember runnin past everything.

I played some more today and am starting to enjoy it more. I've been having fun using vats since I'm using explosives exclusively and VATS for that is cool because you just get in range, activate the system and then watch people's limbs fly apart in slow motion

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The final section of NV isn't much better, I just remember runnin past everything.

I played some more today and am starting to enjoy it more. I've been having fun using vats since I'm using explosives exclusively and VATS for that is cool because you just get in range, activate the system and then watch people's limbs fly apart in slow motion

the one character i did the battle of hoover dam w/ had that perk that makes people explode into goo when you kill them with an energy weapon. i triggered that on the legion that come crashing through a crack or w/e, and it crashed gamebryo because there were more than 3 things on the screen that it had to deal with. anyway, it corrupted that save file, so i had to go back to the last one i had which was like an hour away.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm going to do a Walter White explosives/science build with the police pistol as my only ballistic protection until the last mission where I'll use an lmg.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm going to do a Walter White explosives/science build with the police pistol as my only ballistic protection until the last mission where I'll use an lmg.

This sounds so awesome.. I now want to cast all responsibilities aside and play tons of gimmick runs in New Vegas, at least til MGSV comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

• Locked thread